Shimmer |✓|

By letmelivetonight

Dracula knelt before me, spectacular in all his bloody devotion. ❝Everything I am is yours.❞ I pushed the swo... More

Shimmer
//Alpha// Part 2
//Alpha// Part 3
//Rabid// Part 1
//Rabid// Part 2
//Rabid// Part 3
//R U S S I A N R O U L E T T E //
//Outsiders// Part 1
//Outsiders// Part 2
//Outsiders// Part 3
//Always// Part 1
//Always// Part 2
//Always// Part 3
//Always// Part 4
//Glamour// Part 1
//Glamour// Part 2
//Glamour// Part 3
//Glamour// Part 4
//Sacrifice// Part 1
//Sacrifice// Part 2
//Sacrifice// Part 3
//Sacrifice// Part 4
//Sacrifice// Part 5
//Poison// Part 1
//H I G H - S P E E D//
//Poison// Part 2
//Poison// Part 3
//Poison// Part 4
//Intervention// Part 1
//Intervention// Part 2
//Intervention// Part 3
//I N T E R L U D E//
//Goddess// Part 1
//Goddess// Part 2
//Goddess// Part 3
//Burn// Part 1
//Burn// Part 2
//S A Y Y E S//
//Burn// Part 3
//Burn// Part 4
//Alliance// Part 1
//Alliance// Part 2
//Alliance// Part 3
//Haunted// Part 1
//Haunted// Part 2
//Haunted// Part 3
//Finale// Part 1
//Finale// Part 2
//Finale// Part 3
//Finale// Part 4

//Alpha// Part 1

12.4K 450 57
By letmelivetonight

In a beautifully renovated mansion in the heart of Harbor Village, the Garou Pack were assembled for an evening of elegance. The ballroom was a blaze of beauty and color. Opulence dipped in all silver, couples moved to the orchestra music like angels on air, their steps coordinated to otherworldly perfection. Breathtaking, surrounded by such gilded glamour, one could almost forget we were monstrous beneath.

Par teeth and claws, the Fairway's pearl-colored bricks and sparkling chandeliers fit the status of the night. We were gathered to honor the rise of our Pack's new second-in-command, Alpha Knight. As the Elder's official right hand, he would serve my grandfather in all loyalty. Ethan would also be one step closer to snuffing out my freedom.

"I don't get it, Naomi. Why would Lucas step down? No offense to Ethan, but Luke was the best Alpha our pack ever had. This makes zero sense." My best friend shook her head, shaping her pale features in a delicate frown. Her long sheet of red hair was striking against the usual current of brown and yellow, but Adelle Newport's fiery locks weren't the only reason she stood from the crowd. Addy also had keen intuition, a nose so sharp she could track a feather in a blizzard.

"When has anything in this town ever made sense? Lucas would never step down on his own, he loved his job." I leaned out over the tiny, second-floor alcove, scanning the dancers below and picking out the brightest pair. My eyes narrowed at the sight of my grandfather dancing with his beautiful wife, Diane. The senior duo of the hall, they were also the swiftest, waltzing with a grace acquired through time and skill. "Charles did this. He hates Luke because Luke was my father's best friend. I think my grandfather has issues with being reminded--I should mention Luke more often."

Addy matched my grin with a heartless snicker.

Badly as I wanted it, there was nothing I could do to restore Lucas to his position. As the youngest, greenest descendant in the Noble line, my only job in this pack was to sit still and be silent-which consequently afforded very little authority. It did, however, provide ample time to loaf with my best friend, sipping champagne underage as we spied for more discord-trouble we quickly found in the second-loveliest pair in the room. 

Alpha Knight never missed an opportunity to exhibit his dazzling girlfriend, Eve. The pair danced the room in perfect circles, an angelic, all-white marvel that caused Addy to snap the stem of her wineglass. Scowling, she threw the pieces overboard. "She has to know he doesn't love her. Nobody's that stupid, right?"

"Wrong, though all that hair spray and Sephora do a pretty good job hiding it. When he dumps her, the fallout will be nuclear, darling, nuclear."

Adelle spread her lips, toasting with a wicked grin as she doted on this long-time dream. Her almond brown eyes gained an eerie, golden glow, echoing the sentiment. Adelle and Eve had been enemies since they were old enough to know the word, and it was my duty, as best friend, to make her feel more superior than Eve Garling at all times.

What I failed to relay was that when the break-up did finally happen, it wouldn't be her door the Alpha knocked on. I chased that thought with the last of my champagne, diverting my attention downwards to a more lighthearted distraction. Smoothing imaginary lines from my cocktail dress, I relished the opportunity to stand out my own way. The dress was an adorable number by Furstenberg; I had it delivered in black and grey, the only colors I ever wore.

At my right-hand side, Adelle's silver, waterfall gown was much more appropriate for the evening, blending naturally with the white of the crowd. Tight and form-fitting, the dress enhanced her slender frame, adding an extra layer of beauty that was entirely unnecessary. When it came to looks and height, Adelle had the upper hand in both tracks. There was no doubt she would have been Alpha's pick if Eve hadn't stood in the way.

No time to ponder that now. At the far end of the ballroom the giant doors of the exit were thrown open with such force that the orchestra cut immediately. Silence prevailed as all watched the doors in hushed expectation.

"Something's not right." Addy inhaled, eyes flickering in amber waves. "The Revenant. They're here..."

Mist spilled through the open doorway, long tendrils of white smoke that curled about your ankles like a sentient, living thing. Blur after blur shot through the ballroom doors, streaks of hazy color all moving at dizzying speeds.

The screams began.

"What the hell! My brother's down there! He's too young to fight, he hasn't met his Wolf!" Adelle gripped the marble railing, prepared to jump right then and there, too concerned with Adrian's well-being to spare much thought to her own. That was why I loved her-and the only reason I would jump into battle completely unprepared.

I threw aside my champagne flute, ignoring the tinkle as it smashed against the wall. The Fairway would be covered in much more than glass by the time this night was through. "Let's split up. When one of us finds him, we'll call the other from outside. Deal?"

Addy exhaled, nodding. "Break a leg?"

"That's the plan."

Together, we leaped in nimble unison upon the balcony's edge, jumping the dozens of feet to the shiny, wood flooring below. Already, it was slick with blood. We gave dap and separated, taking opposite paths into the fray. The Vampires had sprung a surprise invasion, leaving us Wolves with only enough time to partially shift. Challenge accepted-teeth and claws were all I needed.

I growled through the pain, lips separating to make room for new, sharper teeth. I wiped the blood from my mouth, catching sight of my lengthening nails. They blackened, transformed to Halloween-like claws–curved and deadly.

Heart pounding, blood-racing, I scanned the frenzy for signs of Adrian. Already my dress was flecked with the red spray of battle as all around Vampires tried to make a meal of the crowd. Ahead, a young woman grappled with a jerk twice her size, his teeth bared in the effort to reach her neck. He could've been mistaken for Human, had it not been for the extended arc of his incisors-and the runny, black ooze that dripped from his form. He strained ever closer, eliciting her helpless scream...

I lunged forward, claws raking across his neck, cutting him down from the side. He dropped to the floor, lifeless, like he'd never stand again. 

"Are you okay?" I touched the woman's shoulder. She hesitated, but nodded, eyes gone wide at the muck on my hands. "Good, get out of here--take as many people as you can." We both set off, she towards the exit, me to the heart of the foray.

Us Wolves may have outnumbered the Vampires, but their extraordinary speed gave them an advantage difficult to parry. Vampires also had Pop-Eye level strength-they were stronger, healed faster, and were twice as difficult to kill. If I didn't return to the Vampire whose throat I'd just slit–and decapitate him, stake his heart, or set him on fire–he would hit reset and rise again. The immortality thing was a real pain in the ass.

A familiar yell sounded from my left–the cry of a warrior. Alpha Knight was surrounded, fending off three Vampires at once–two males and a female all covered in black slime. I moved in, drawing their attention long enough for the Alpha to slash one and maim another. The third was finished by my own hand.

My first battle and I haven't broken a sweat... Why? I wiped my bloody digits across my gown, frowning down at the bodies–and realized the answer. These Vampires were young, babies by immortal standards. I could tell by their strength–formidable, but limited.

"What's going on? Why are the Revenant attacking us?" 

"I don't know." The Alpha curled his lip at the arm in his hand, tossing it back to it's fallen owner. "Are you insane? What are you still doing here?" The Alpha squared his shoulders, looking down on me with authority I didn't heed one bit. His white Armani was camouflaged with red, but the blood couldn't hide how well his tailored suit complimented his broad, muscular frame. Ethan radiated power, I could see it in his normally brown eyes, now masked by his Wolf's golden fire. I could use that strength.

"I'm not going anywhere until I find Addy's brother. Either help me or get out of my way."

Before he could answer, the Alpha was attacked from behind by another Vampire, who had pounced on him like some vicious howler monkey. Ethan grabbed the undead by the back of her shirt and flipped her over his hip, slamming the Vampire to the floor with back-breaking force.

He straightened, rising with a leader's glory. "I'm your Alpha now, you can't get rid of me that easy. Lead the way, Little Wolf. I've got your back." Grinning, Ethan stepped aside, extending his arm in wicked invitation. 

Together, we saw our bloody date to the end.

Do you guys recognize the characters?

#therulesofthered #independentstory #neversawitcoming #you'rewelcome

If you guys enjoyed this chapter then pretty please vote! <3 And don't forget to add this to your library so you don't miss any updates! Thanks guys!!! <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 4.2K 11
In this captivating tale, get ready to be swept away by the fiery romance between a spoiled and irresistible future Duke and a fiercely ambitious Afr...
159 9 4
Humans and Vampires. Two completely different entities. When their worlds suddenly collide, chaos and calamity are all that follows. Especially for A...
1.3M 70.9K 75
*A Wattpad Featured Story* In order to solve the mystery surrounding her father's death, eighteen-year-old Naomi Noble is forced to move back to her...
11.7K 269 38
Ed struggles to refrain from blaming himself for the death of his mother and now his father too ,trying to find a balance between forgetting the past...