The Beast Within (Newt Scaman...

By Rey_Stark

"I've seen you now, and I can't forget you." Rosemary Lucetta Graves is the daughter of Percival Graves, the... More

Introductions (Author's Note)
Just A Short Taggy-Waggy Page
// MUSIC PLAYLIST \\
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
The Second A/N!
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
A/N (IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!!)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's Note (PLEASE READ!)
Chapter 11
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 12
New Story! (PLEASE READ!)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue
[ Rosander (Alex x Rose) ]
A/N
[ 4k reads special! ]
Got Tagged!
[ Surprise! ]
[ New Cover ]
RE-EDIT THE BOOK?
PART TWO? 🤔
Author's Update!

Chapter 13

1.5K 53 1
By Rey_Stark

Chapter 13
Unexpected

Rosemary hastily whipped her wand out, as she pointed it at Graves, her father, as she uttered a spell.

"Expelliarmus!" She cried, as she saw Newt writhe in pain, and sprawled at the floor. The spell didn't hit Graves, as he continued to hurt Newt.

"NO!" She shouted in grief, as she ran towards Graves and tackled him in fury, her wand at hand.

The father and daughter tumbled down the tracks, as Rosemary struggled to keep her father down, to protect Newt.

Graves struggled to pry Rosemary away from him, as Credence was engulfed in a black mass as he became an Obscurus, yet again.

The howling Obscurus reached Graves, who threw Rosemary to the ground with a sickening crunch to her back.

Graves stared at Credence in awe. Newt stared at Credence in horror as he transformed into a full grown Obscurus.

Rosemary had white spots dancing in her vision, and her head lolled to a side, as she struggled to keep conscious of her surroundings.

Newt had his back at the wall, and was panting loudly. He was in so much pain, both physical and emotional.

"Credence." Graves said in wonder, but Credence roared in anger and tried to swallow Graves in whole.

"CREDENCE!" Rosemary turned her head to the sound of Tina's voice. Tina. Of course. He knows her.

"Credence! Stop this right now!" She shouts at him, but maintaining a gentler state. Graves had his eyebrows furrowed as he turned back to Credence, who was slowly listening to Tina, someone who at least he knew.

"Don't do this - please." Tina pleaded, Newt watched her and whispered. "Keep talking, Tina. Keep talking to him - he'll listen to you. He's listening."

Rosemary saw Credence calming a bit, as the black mass turned gentler. Inside the Obscurus, Credence seems to have reaching out to Tina, the only one who seemed to have done an act of kindness to him. He looked desperate, afraid, and scared.

"I know what that woman did to you... I know what you've suffered... you need to stop this now... Newt and I.." She paused, looking at Rosemary. "Even Rosemary, will protect you."

Graves has got back to his feet. Tina, her eyes narrowed in anger, pointed at Rosemary's father. "This man there - he is using you."

Graves stared at Credence. "Don't listen to her, Credence. I want you to be free. It's all right." Rosemary pointed her wand at her father. "Shut up." She said harshly, as she got up.

The Obscurus began to shrink, becoming more and more like Credence, more and more human.

All at a sudden, Aurors began arriving all at once, more advanced as they raised their wands aggressively.

Tina panicked. "Shhh! Don't, you'll frighten him." She said, with worry.

Credence - no, the Obscurus, let out a terrible moan, and began to swell again. Rosemary, Newt and Tina tried to protect Credence, as Graves pulled his wand out and faces the Aurors.

"Wands down! Anyone harms him - they'll answer to me-" Graves turns to Credence. "CREDENCE!"

"Credence..." Tina murmured in a hushed whisper. The Aurors suddenly pelted the Obscurus with spells, much to Rosemary's horror. "Wait!"

Graves looked horrified. "NO!" He shouts, as the spells hit Credence, his face contorted, as he howled in pain.

They continue to aim spells, curses, charms at the Obscurus. Rosemary felt her knees turn jelly. "Wait! Wait!" She tried to shout, but her voice was drowned by the sounds of the spells.

After a dozen spells, the Obscurus seems to explode, a white ball of magical light engulfing the black mass of what was left of Credence.

The force sent Rosemary flying to her feet, including the others. Luckily now, Rosemary skidded in the floor, and her back turned from the stone wall.

Power subsides, the light has vanished. Rosemary was in a daze, Tina's eyes were wide. And Newt..

"Newt!" Rosemary rushed to the memory of him, but he sat up and propped himself well. "I'm okay, Rose." He kissed her lips as they shared a passionate kiss with each other.

Tina breaks down in tears, Newt's face was filled with deep-felt grief. Rosemary doesn't know how to feel.

How exactly to describe it.

Rosemary felt like a hollow block of wood - empty, fragile, and about to shatter. Grief and anguish was what he thought of them as such, but it was deeper than that.

However, Graves, her father, climbs back onto the train platform, as he narrowly avoids the remnants of the black mass of the Obscurus.

The Aurors advanced at Graves, with their wands pointed to him. Rosemary immediately stood up, in defense for her father, even after all he has done to her, and her friends.

He is still her dad, and she'll respect the fact that he is the man she looks up to, and the person who takes care of her, and nurtures her.

"You fools. Do you realize what you've done?" He spat at them, as fury filled his face. Rosemary whipped her wand out. "What?"

Her father ignored her petty question, as the others watch him with interest in their dark eyes. The president, Seraphina Picquery emerges from behind the crowds of Aurors, her face crossed and mad.

"The Obscurial was killed on my orders, Mr. Graves." Picquery's voice was steely, almost demanding. "What do you suppose I do?"

"Yes. And history will surely note that, Madam President." Graves replied to her, with an angry tone.

Graves moved towards the president, as he was surrounded by the Aurors of MACUSA. "What was done here tonight was not right!" His voice sounded threatening, and Rosemary shivered in Newt's arms.

"He was responsible for the death of a No-Maj. He risked the exposure of our community. He has broken one of our most scared laws." Picquery argued back at her father. Rosemary stared up to him. "Please don't do this, dad." She murmur quietly in her lips.

Graves laughs bitterly. "A law that has us scuttling like rats in the gutter! A law that demands that we conceal the true us! A law that directs those under its dominion to cower in fear lest we risk discovery!" Rosemary stared blankly at him, her eyes wide.

"I ask you Madam President." He paused, as his eyes flashed to every person in the room. "- I ask all of you. Who does this law protect?"

"Us?" He pointed to himself, "-Or them?" He pointed vaguely above, while he smiled bitterly at the president, and walks away.

Seraphina turns to the Aurors at her side. "Aurors, I'd like you to relieve the wand of Mr. Graves and escort him back to -" Graves moves towards the platform, but a wall of white light blocks his path.

He sneers with derision and irritation, and turns around. Graves strides confidently back along the platform, and firing spells at the Aurors. Spells flew back and forth, as Rosemary grew dizzy watching them. "Stop! Stop!"

In a spli-second Newt pulls the cocoon from his pocket, and releases it at Graves. The Swooping Evil soars around him, shielding Newt and the Aurors, as he was given time to raise his wand at Graves.

A crackling rope of supernatural light wraps itself around Graves like a whip. He staggered around, trying to free himself from the binds, and falls to his knees in defeat.

"Accio." Rosemary spat, and her father's wand flies into her hand, which she hands to Tina, with hatred filling in her eyes before Newt and her advance.

"Revelio." They both utter, and Graves transformed into a whole new different person. Rosemary stares in disbelief.

He is no longer the dark haired, early middle-aged father that Rosemary knows, but in lieu of that, was a sandy blonde man with blue eyes. He looks awfully like the man in the posters, before Rosemary realizes.

"Grindelwald." She gasped in horror. But if Graves was her father, and Grindelwald was hiding behind him, that just means....

"Hello, my dear child Rosemary. How I've missed you." He gave her an evil toothed grin, as Rosemary's lungs almost fluctuated in horror.

Ooh! I believe that the next chapter will be the last? I think so. So... It's finally revealed. Rosemary is Grindelwald's daughter. I've been wanting to get to his point ever since I started writing this book, but oh well! I'm done with it, and I'm excited to press the completed button! Maybe I'll be able to finish this book by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, sounds good?
Thanks for the 1.4k reads!

~ Reyhanne Starkfelt~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 17.7K 79
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
516K 18.6K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
776K 47.5K 112
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
157K 5.6K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...