We're Alright (Dance Moms Fan...

By dancemomsfanfics987

Christi and Kelly are at war and Paige and Chloe are trying not to get caught in the middle of it. However, w... More

We're Alright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 13

1.2K 24 15
By dancemomsfanfics987

Chloe’s POV

“Nothing’s worth losing a best friend over.” I repeated to myself as I exited the stage. “Nothing’s worth losing a best friend over. No one’s worth losing a best friend over, not even-“ A hand shot out and pulled me into its owner’s chest, interrupting my thoughts.

“You were amazing.” The deep voice whispered into my ear. It brought chills down my spine. I turned around and my eyes met Josh’s.

“Where is everyone?” I asked, scanning the crowds of people around us for a familiar face.

“Maddie was here to tell you to get back to the dressing room ASAP, but I said I’d tell you on my way to the bathroom.”

“Then we should probably head back.” I said pulling on hand, trying to lead him towards the path to the dressing room.

“Relax, you were ten times better then anybody else I saw. I’ll be utterly shocked it you don’t win.”

“You mean, if Paige and I don’t win. She was in the dance too.”

“I know, but I don’t care about Paige. I was just watching you.”

“Well maybe you don’t care about Paige, but I do!” I blurted out. I could feel the red heat crawling up my face.

“Is this some sort of cryptic conversation, that I’m supposed to believe means something, but really means something entirely different?” When I stayed silent Josh let out a small sigh, not an annoyed sigh, just a sigh, and pulled me down an empty, dead end hallway.  I could sense he was looking at me, but I darted my eyes around to avoid contact. He just stood there, silent, giving me all the time in the world to muster out a sentence.

“Nothing’s worth losing a best friend over.” I muttered to him. He just stared at me blankly. 

“What do you mean Chlo?” I felt my heart sink deeper into my chest.

“Please don’t call me that. This is already nearly impossible.”

“Chloe, you’re shaking.” He tried to place his hand on he shoulder, but I backed up into the wall behind me, causing me to bump my head on the cement wall, sending a shooting pain across my scalp.

“Please, stop.” I begged, sinking down to the ground, trying to fight the tears that were forming from the latest blow to the head.”

“You’re scaring me Chlo- I mean Chloe.” He stammered.

“I can’t do this.” I stated in a barely audible whisper.

“Do what? Come on Chloe, talk to me.” He pleaded.

“I can’t do all of the lies and the hiding and the secrets. I can’t do this anymore. I can’t do us.”

“No, no, no. Chloe, look at me.” Josh pleaded, squatting down to my level. I kept my head in between my legs. Hiding my eyes from my surroundings.  

“Nothings worth losing a best friend over.” I sobbed.

“Not even me?”

“I’m not losing Paige over this.” I stated firmly, but I still shook like someone left out in the cold.

“Who said you had to loose her. You could still tell her.”

“And say what?” I spat harshly. “Paige, everything I’ve told you the past few weeks has been a lie.”

“I don’t know how Paige will react, but I know I don’t want to loose you. Not now, not ever. I love you Chlo.” My heart was now beginning to sink into my stomach.

“I love you too.”

“Then why are you doing this?”

‘Sometimes you need to make sacrifices.”

“Sacrifices for who, Paige? Paige hasn’t made any sacrifices for you.”

“Yes she has.” I replied defensively.

“Oh really? Has she ever given up a dance for you?”

“Well, no but-“

“Has she ever blown off plans with her boyfriend to hang out with you.”

“No.” I said a lot quieter than the first time. “But I have” I thought to myself.

Josh cupped his hands around my face, wiped one of my tears from my face with one of his thumbs, then said, “Chlo, you’re always the one to make the sacrifices and you shouldn’t have to. Paige is selfish and is only looking out for herself. She expects you to make all of these decisions for her, but she never makes any for you.” I tried to turn my head away, but his grip made me face his baby blue eyes face on. “Chloe, I love you. I’m not forcing you to choose anyone. No decisions, no sacrifices, just you and me.” Just us. I loved the sound of that.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered, burying my head in his chest. “I wasn’t thinking.”

“Don’t apologize, you didn’t do anything wrong. You could never do anything wrong.” He cooed, while stroking my hair and tracing circles on my back, in an attempt to calm me down.

“I must look like a complete mess.” I exclaimed, after realizing I’ve been crying on Josh’s shoulder for the past few minutes and that his shirt will forever be stained with black mascara.

“Eh, I’ve known you since you were 3. This definitely isn’t the worst I’ve seen you.”

“When was the worst time?”

“There was that time you wore a guacamole facial and then that time when you used food from my fridge as make-up and you got the jam all over your-“

“Ok, I get it. That’s enough.” I exclaimed, my cheeks turning as pink as the strawberry jam that I once stuck on my face.

“But, even then you still managed to look beautiful.”

“Well, aren’t you sweet.”

“ Almost as sweet as that jam on your face.” Josh rolled onto his back and started laughing hysterically until I gave him a quick slap on the shoulder. Unfortunately for me, I have a terrible poker face, so the corners of my frown soon turned upward and I joined Josh, who was still rolling on the floor, giggling my head off.

“I better get back to the dressing room before people come looking for me.” I stated, rising up from my spot on the floor and stretching out my arms and legs.

“You going to be ok?” Josh asked me as he rose up as well.

“I think so.”

“Are you still going to tell her?”

I nodded and said, “I’ll tell her when we get back to Pittsburg.” He kissed my forehead in response.

“I’ll be with the moms for the rest of the day. Text me when you’re in your hotel room. We can meet up when everyone’s asleep, or something.” I nodded once more, gave him one last, quick kiss and walked down the hall, then around the corner. It was then I heard a slow clapping sound coming from the crowded room.

“Wow Chloe. As mad as I am, I have to hand it to you. You are one sneaky, little dancer.” My knees buckled and I found myself clutching on to a chair rail for support.

“Paige” is all I could muster out.

“We do a cute dance and you’re all, ‘Best Friends Forever Paige’, but then I turn around for five seconds and when I come back you’re making out with my brother.”

“Paige, no. It’s not-“

“Not what? Are you going to tell me that ‘it’s not like that’ because lying about dating Josh is one thing, but lying about lying about dating Josh is just borderline pathetic.”

“I’m not lying about anything! It’s not like I’m doing this to hurt you. I really like Josh. No, I love Josh and-“

“He loves you to.” Paige exclaimed, extremely sarcastically. “Trust me Chloe. I know Josh. I thought you knew Josh too, but I guess you don’t. Listen, he doesn’t care about you. After a week or two he’ll throw you out like moldy leftovers.”

“Paige, it’s been almost a month.” Her face softened. All of the built up anger was flooding out of her and I had a feeling it would flood out in the form of tears.

“You’ve been keeping this from me for a month.”

“No, just almost a month.” I realized my comforting words were acting more like sharp stones. “I didn’t want to hurt you.”

“So you thought keeping it from me would be a better option. Were you going to invite me to the wedding, but then put a sheet over his head so I’ll never figure out whom it is?”

“I was going to tell you. I really and truly was. I was just waiting until after the competition.”

“All of those talks. When you told me we were starting fresh and having a clean slate. When you told me that nothing would stand in the way of our friendship. I’m assuming that was just one big ploy to ‘throw me off your tracks’.”

“Of course it wasn’t. I know I’ve screwed up lately. I just want to fix it. Please, Paige, just tell me how to fix it.” I tried to put my hand on her shoulder but she just backed away cautiously.

“You know, if you just told me about Josh and you in the first place I could’ve handled it.”

“I’m telling you now.” I exclaimed, tears rushing down my face.

“Ya, now.” She laughed bitterly to herself. “Now, after all of the lying and the sneaking around. I might’ve even been able to handle that.”

“Just spit it out Paige.” I stated miserably, watching the tears roll off of my best friend’s face.

“But then, I saw you and Josh, in the hallway talking. And I heard Josh say how I was selfish and a terrible friend. Then I listened for you. Just one word from you, just one, telling him that he was wrong about me. Just something. So, I waited. But, you just sat there. You sat there and nodded you’re head.” She stammered. “And you know that I would’ve stood up for you in a heartbeat, whether it was some boy, whether it was my mom, whether it was Abby, whether it was anybody. But, you just sat there and nodded, like I meant nothing to you anymore. Nothing.”

“Paige, I-” No words came out.

“There you two are. I’ve been looking for you everywhere. We have to be on stage for awards right now and if Abby asks, you were backstage with me. You’re welcome for that, by the way.” Maddie exuberantly exclaimed. “Oh, I’m sorry. Were you two in the middle of something?” She just started to notice our red, blotchy faces.   

 “Nothing that’s important anymore.” Paige stated firmly, walking down the hallway rigidly, but vulnerably, at the same time.

“Come on!” Maddie said hurriedly, taking my hand and pulling me towards the backstage entrance. I sat on the stage’s dirty black floor, just as the awards were about to be announced. While the petite duo-trio awards were being presented I noticed that Kendall and Nia wouldn’t look me in the eye. In fact, they were trying their best not to look at me at all. I guess I know who told Paige.

“And the first place duo-trio in the teen category is going out to number 29, Shake It Out.” I had no desire to stand up, smile and pretend that everything was all right between Paige and I, but after receiving a slight push from Maddie I reluctantly stood up and shuffled towards the front of the stage with Paige. “Who choreographed this beautiful number for you girls?”

“Miss Abby Lee Miller.” I stated meekly.

“And what studio are you from?”

“Abby Lee Dance Company.” I replied once more, still trying to keep a tightened smile on my lips.

“These girls have also won the Special Judges Stage Presence Award, so let’s give these ladies a big round of applause.” I was eager to sit down, but before I could the microphone was thrust into my face once again. “The judges said you had a very graceful and friendly presence on stage and connected very well. Are you two very good friends?”

Before I could reply with a simple yes, Paige said, “Actually, we aren’t very good friends at all.” I saw a small, almost transparent tear fall down her cheek, but I was too preoccupied with my current emotions to realize that I had a matching one.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518 36 35
When two nations clash, Chloe's two worlds also collide.
381K 9.9K 24
Brooke has fallen apart since Dance Moms ended. Fat, ugly, slut, have become every day words. Brook can't take it anymore. She kills herself. But a f...
107K 1.2K 30
Brooke's having a hard time moving on. Brandon broke her heart, and she started to distance herself from other guys due to the fear of going through...
42K 963 33
The Dance Moms girls face their biggest challenge yet... getting Chloe and Josh together (Cause its so OBVIOUS their in love) It all looks perfect...