Her Instinct: His Game

By cadeathens

Ranked #1 in Secret Affair (09/04/2019) Ranked #1 in Jared Leto (2/20/19) Ranked #1 in Forbidden Love (10/3/1... More

Chapter 1 - Sleepover Surprise
Chapter 2 - Not so Happy Go Lucky
Her Instinct: His Game Anniversary!
Bring Her Instinct: His Game Back!
Chapter 4 - In the Night
Chapter 5 - Numbers
Chapter 6 - Night and Day
Chapter 7: Shameless
Chapter 8 - Starving
Chapter 9 - On My Mind
Chapter 10 - Spell
Chapter 11 - Homecoming
Chapter 12 - Make a Wish
Chapter 13 - A Broken Frame
Chapter 14 - Picking Up the Pieces
Chapter 15 - Bon Appétit
Chapter 16 - Savage
Cover Contest Results
Chapter 17 - Business or Pleasure
Chapter 18 - Masquerade
Chapter 19 - Magnets
Chapter 20 - Curiosity Killed the Cat
Chapter 21 - What Kind of Man
Chapter 22 - Point of No Return
Chapter 23: One Track Mind
Chapter 24 - Unpredictable
Chapter 25 - Peace of Mind
Chapter 26 - Hail to the Victor
Chapter 27 - The Other Side
Chapter 28 - Secrets and Lies
Chapter 29 - Sweeter Than Roses
Chapter 30 - Tag Your It
Chapter 31 - Playing with Fire
Chapter 32 - The Detective
Chapter 33 - Her Ploy
Chapter 34 - His Time
Chapter 35 - Game Over
Epilogue
Her Instinct: His Game - New Years Giveaway!
Sequel: New Cover Reveal & Synopsis

Chapter 3 - Hidden Proposition

17.7K 446 384
By cadeathens

I stared back at Mr. Leto in curiosity. This man is so mysterious.

"Kerri, finally!" Allegra called. She ran up to me as her curly brown locks bounced around her. We were opposites: her ringlets versus my straight brown hair, her straight up and down frame, versus my curves. I smirked, feeling bad for making her and the others wait. "You take forever up there, girl!" she shook her her head in disbelief.

"Oh hey, Dad, didn't see you there," she acknowledged the mystery watcher.

He nodded, "Don't stay up too late, girls." His smile was warm. His eyes met mine and he winked before disappearing into the hallway. I turned to Allegra, praying she witnessed what I just saw.

"Stop drooling, Kerri."

My eyes widened in shock, "W-what? I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Try, just for once, to not gawp at my dad?" She asked teasingly.

I rolled my eyes, "Well, I guess I can try?" I mimicked her.

She hit my arm and we laughed as we walked into the living room.

------------

Everyone was sound asleep. My three friends lay in front of me, sprawled out among the couches and armchair with layers of blankets and sheets enveloping them. The movie was almost over. The white glow from the TV screen illuminated their faces every so often, not like I was watching it. My mind was ablaze with thoughts of Mr. Leto's naked glory - how the water droplets clung to his bare torso haphazardly, making him glisten when the light hit him just right. And of course, how could I forget the crème de la crème moment when that towel dropped. My jaw dropped too just at the thought of it. Gravity is a beautiful thing.

I heard movement behind me and turned to find Mr. Leto making his way around the corner from the steps. My heart skipped a beat.

"Oh hey, Kerri. You still up?" he asked softly. His white tee glowed in the light.

"Yeah. Someone had to finish the movie," I coughed out a laugh, darting my eyes back to the screen, masking any trace of blushing. He doesn't know I saw him, I mean God, I hope he doesn't figure it out. If his smarts match his looks though, I'm doomed.

Mr. Leto glided across the living room, tidying up our empty plates and candy wrappers. Man, we're some messy girls.

As he bent over, his shirt lifted ever so slightly, revealing his gray boxer briefs and his upper back - that nice, smooth back that I witnessed earlier. I leaned over to get a better look. I just couldn't help myself, I wanted in on this mini peep show.

In an instant, Mr. Leto straightened up and turned to me.

I recovered quickly and leaned back in the chair, pulling the blanket in my lap as nonchalantly as possible. That was too close.

"You hungry?" his voice was so soft, almost inaudible.

"Huh?"

"Do you want a snack?" he motioned to the kitchen.

Even in the dark, I could see his smile as clear as day, proving to myself this man was no ordinary crush. But this is not what I needed. I needed sleep, I needed rest, I needed to stay away from the man I saw butterball naked. 

"Oh, uh, sure," I said dreamily and trailed behind him to the kitchen.

I didn't know what I was thinking. Me and Mr. Leto. In the kitchen.  Alone? Here goes nothing...

Mr. Leto dug through a cabinet. "Cheez-Its good?" he said with his back to me.

"Yeah." I replied.

He placed the orange crackers on a paper towel in front of me. I thanked him and dug in so I didn't have to speak. Mr. Leto took a seat across from me at the dining table. He placed two glasses on the table and poured water in them. The awkward silence killed me.

He tried to make small talk with me, but I kept staring at my food. I couldn't make eye contact with him, afraid he'd see my secret in my eyes.

As soon as I finished my snack, I cleared my spot and I headed for the sink to place my empty glass in. Mr. Leto followed. As he reached over me to grab the Palmolive, his body pressed against mine. I jumped out of the way, my heart racing.

"Sorry, Kerri." He muttered.

"It's fine, Mr. Leto, thanks for the drink." I tried to brush off what happened and made a bee-line pass the table and fridge to the living room.

"Wait, Kerri," he said from the sink.

"Yes?" I froze in my tracks and turned to face him, but he was already in front of me, a couple feet away.

His soft expression turned into suspicion, "Is there something wrong? You've been jumpy all night." He walked towards me, closing the distance between us.

I step back absentmindedly, "I-I'm fine," I stuttered.

He exhaled, slightly annoyed, "Kerri, I know you were there behind the door."

"W-what?" I take a step back and feel my butt hit the counter behind me. I'm trapped. "No, I wasn't," I stated as strongly as I could.

Mr. Leto didn't buy it. He stepped towards me, inches away from me. He squinted his eyes intensifying his stare.

I was breaking. I couldn't keep it in. "I'm sorry, Mr. Leto! I heard cool music and thought I'd check it out. I didn't mean to-"

"Shhh, it's okay," he placed a hand on my shoulder, "Accidents happen." He was so close to me, I could feel his body heat, which was not helping.

I held my head down in shame as I waited to be scolded, chastised, kicked out, you name it.

He lifted my chin up, leveling my eyes with his. "Did you like what you saw?" he cooed.

My eyes widened in disbelief. Did he just? Is this real-life or a dream? What do I say? I searched my mind for a response, words, anything, but I couldn't speak - my tongue was caught in the snare of shock.

Mr. Leto brought his lips to my ear. His breath tickled me as he whispered, "You can see it again if you like." He looked back at me with a devilish smirk.     

He sauntered out of the kitchen, down the living room hallway before stopping at the steps. He looked back at me, his crafty eyes reminding me of his open invitation. He turned, climbing up the stairs, vanishing into the shadows of the night.

My world was spinning like a top. I was in a haze of confusion. That. Just. Happened. Mr. Leto, man-crush, hot, sexy, Mr. Leto just offered me the chance to re-witness his glory, again, right now, in his room. O.M.G.

My mind screamed a massive "NOOOO DOOON'T!" but temptation was caving in strong. I could feel my pulse pick up speed as I imagined what awaited me upstairs. I could just go back to sleep pretend it didn't happen and no one will ever know...or...I could go claim that sexy masterpiece of man that gave me VIP access to his room.

What to choose? What to choose! Time was ticking, I had to make a move now.

I walked out the kitchen, down the hall into the living room and stopped as I saw Allegra sleeping. I inhaled deeply, taking in the value of our friendship that budded not too long ago freshman year. She's my best friend. She would be devastated... but she doesn't have to know...

Suddenly, I felt that urge creep back in and shook off all my worries, I couldn't help it, my mind was made up. I turned my back on Allegra and quietly climbed the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you like this one! Please vote and feel free to give feedback. So glad to see a lot of you want the story back!

Want more updates? Follow me here on Wattpad and on Instagram  for updates!

Website on its way soon!

~ Cade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.6K 56
Henderson Michaels possess an uncanny knack for putting bad people behind bars. Good-looking and cutthroat, he has a bright future at the NYPD, ex-mi...
167 25 11
When Natalie's eyes met Jared's, she held her breath. She never thought she'd see him again after all these years, and certainly not in the situation...
43.9K 1.6K 42
MATURE CONTENT 18+ "Relax, sweetheart. I'll take it slow for your first time." He's a one-night-stand gone wrong, and the one man she never wants t...
119K 2.5K 25
Selena Aguilar hasn't had much luck when it came to relationships and dating. The men were either too immature, too bold , or wanted something tempor...