Where Do Broken Hearts Go (Ni...

By sarahkiley

"These songs are deep." He spun me around once before bringing me close to his chest, our faces barley touch... More

.zero.
.one.
.two.
.three.
.four.
.five.
.six.
.seven.
.eight.
.nine.
.ten.
.eleven.
.twelve.
.thirteen.
.fourteen.
.fifteen.
.sixteen.
.seventeen.
.eighteen.
.nineteen.
.twenty.
.twenty one.
.twenty two.
.twenty three.
.twenty four.
.twenty five.
.twenty six.
.twenty seven.
.twenty eight.
.twenty nine.
.thirty one.
.thirty two.
.thirty three.
.thirty four.
.thirty five.
.thirty six.
.thirty seven.
.thirty eight.
.thirty nine.
.fourty. (Part One)
.fourty. (Part two)
.fourty one.
Authors Note
.fourty two.
.fourty three.
.fourty four.
.fourty five.
.epilogue.

.thirty.

220 14 7
By sarahkiley

|Sarah's P.O.V.|

I felt like a deer in headlights. All the attention was on me and the tension kept building. It felt like a year before I finally found the strength to get up and walk over to Niall who was leading the way.

Nobody spoke, which made it even more awkward. Obviously, everyone was as confused as me. Who even saw Niall calling me out in front of everyone?

Nobody, nobody at all.

I walked at a slower pass than Niall so I wasn't at an awkward pass with him. He didn't seem to notice, but once we walked into this random room he shut the door and we both made very intense eye contact.

Do I say something? Should I wait for him to say something? What is this even about?

My feet started to moved in out and right away Niall noticed and walked right over to me. We were so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face. My hands were close to my sides, but his were resting on both of my arms. Not knowing what to do, I stood there with my eyes on the ground.

"I have to tell you something important." Niall said confidently.

Dear God, please don't say what I think he's going to say.

Not wanting to hear what he was about to say I interrupted him before he could talk.

"Niall, please don't do this now. There's so much on my mind and the last thing I want is to ruin our friendship." By saying friendship, his eyes sunk down just a little. He wasn't the only one that was hurting.

"But, what you said--"

"I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry Niall." Every word I spoke I felt my heart start to sink more and more. I didn't mean anything I was saying, but I had to stop this before we got closer.

"Sarah, you don't mean that. I can tell you don't mean that." His hands gripped my arms a little tighter. It wasn't to the point till it hurt, but it was definitely getting there. I ignored it because I was too distracted by his pleading blue eyes. He needed answers and I had none to give to him.

Looking away, I felt tears start to form in the corners of my eyes. I didn't want the to fall, not right now. "Niall, please let me go." I wasn't in the mood to try to fight him away. Nor was I in the mood to discuss this topic with him.

"Not till I hear what you truly feel." He whispered down at me, trying to look me in the eyes. I wouldn't give in because I knew once I looked up my tears would spill out uncontrollably.

Shaking my head, I couldn't do this anymore. Not right now, maybe not ever. Niall couldn't force out my feelings towards him. Especially when I wasn't even sure how I felt. This had to stop.

"Let go of me." I stated sternly. This time I made eye contact with him, the wet tears rolled down my cheeks one after another. Niall noticed and I swear I saw his lip tremble for a second.

"Sarah, I--"

"Don't finish it. Let me go." I yelled. Without hesitation he did. I couldn't help but look at Niall disgusted. He can't force me to do anything.

Staring at him for awhile, tears still running down my cheeks, I shook my head disapprovingly at him. All I could see was hurt in his eyes.

"To think I was actually going to consider telling you how I really felt, but all you had to do was ruin it." I couldn't stop my mouth from saying it. When I said it my heart broke, and when Niall heard me say this, his face sadden down.

"What am I supposed to do? Continue every single day knowing the girl I lo--"

"You don't love me Niall. You love the thought of me."

And then I walked out, of the room, of the building and to wherever the city of London took me.

*

I guess London wanted me to end up at this pub with a bunch of flashing lights. The sign outside said their would be an epic band playing. Obviously, I needed some entertainment to get my mind off the fact that Niall did still have feelings for me. Those feelings I didn't expect to hear until an apology, but it's whatever.

Confused, mad, and sad I sat at the bar alone. I knew this made me look vulnerable and wanting attention, but I didn't want any of that. All I wanted was a few drinks and time by myself to get Niall off my mind.

Twisting in the bar stool, I sipped on a Bloody Mary. Here and there I'd take a bite of the pickle that came with it and glance at the sweaty guys on the stage. The guys mostly played rock music which I didn't mind since my dad would play it all the time. They weren't actually half bad which makes me happy I found this bar.

Minding my own business, I got on my phone to see if any of the girls texted me to see where I went. I had 23 new messages, all from Aspen.

Sarah

Sarah Lynn

Sarah Lynn O'Riley

WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU

BABE COME BACK

TALK TO ME

TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE AND ILL CRUTCH MY WAY THERE

WHAT DID NIALL SAY

BABY

SARAH I SWEAR IF YOU ARE GETTING RAPED IM CALLING THE COPS

WHAT IF YOU ARE DEAD

SARAH

IM CALLING THE COPS

DONT MAKE ME CALL THEM

IM TELLING THE BODYGUARDS YOU ARE MISSING

COMMON SARAH

ARE YOU COLD

ARE YOU AT A BAR

SO MANY BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN AT A BAR

PLEASE COME BACK

ILL HAVE LOUIS PICK YOU UP

NIALL IS CRYING

NIALL IS SO UPSET

Reading all her messages, my stomach began to sink at the last few. Niall is seriously crying about me? He shouldn't of said anything, we were doing so well. I say one thing to get his hopes up and he expects us to be dating.

I'm okay.

I set down my phone down on the counter, face up and took another sip of the red substance. Not even a minute later, Aspen texted back.

Jesus Christ. You gave me a heart attack. Where are you? I'll come pick you up.

As much as I knew the right thing to do was finish up this drink and go back to the hotel, I didn't want to. Once I'd get back everyone would be asking me questions and I'd be so over whelmed. I don't need to get more over whelmed than I am right now.

I'll text you when I want you too

Then I shut off my phone completely and took my drink in my left hand. Sliding off the tall bar stool I placed one foot in front of the other very swiftly. Every step I took I made sure my hips swung a little. Trying to a smile on my face, I succeeded and found myself in the crowd of sweaty people around my age.

Singing along to the song playing, I took a few drinks before looking at the crowd around. A few people caught my eye, but it looked like they already had girlfriends. Not wanting to even bother with a guy, I tried to stay independent and have fun, but my heart was telling me to stop.

Finishing up the song, I decided I should just sit down and weep about what happened. Honestly that's all I wanted to do. My emotions were building up so much that I wanted to drink away my problems, but I knew it was a bad idea.

Needing to cool down, I walked back over to the bar where I set down my empty drink with ice on the bottom. The bartender didn't notice and didn't ask me for another one which I'm glad because I obviously would of accepted. My eyes wandered around this pub, trying to spot out a bathroom. It took me about a minute till I found the girls and boys sign. Taking long strides acrossed the room, I pushed open the women's door and walked into one out of the three stalls. Currently, nobody was in here which I took advantage of.

"Sarah, you are strong. Who cares if Niall likes you? You like him back." Just not love like him.

"And if he loves me, so what. Him and I can still be friends." Just not the best of friends.

"He's not going to hurt you. You guys had so much fun that night." Yeah until I realized I was flirting with him and didn't care.

"Niall will understand, he has to. I just have to talk to him without him getting all weird on me." Sarah you sound so stupid, get out of the stall.

Listening to myself, I opened the stall door and stood in front of the mirror. In front of me was a very tired girl with smudged makeup. My lipstick was half way on and my hair was fairly knotted. No wonder why nobody came up to me.

Brushing my shirt, I put a big smile on my face and walked out of the bathroom with confidence. My confidence soon disappeared when Chad walked out of the boys bathroom at the same time.

Oh fuck, why is he here? How is here? He was just in New York... he lied... he had too. Hoping he wouldn't turn around, which I prayed over and over in my head he wouldn't. But suddenly the door behind me slammed and sure enough Chads gaze fell onto me.

He's dumbfounded face turned into a smily one once he saw me.

Not even a second later he took a step forward so we were a foot apart.

"Sarah Lynn we got to stop doing this." Chad laughed, crossing his arms.

On the inside I wanted to kill myself, but I guess I could be nice to him. Even though he did cheat on me, and I did break up with him in a very funny way, Chad is still a regular person.

A regular person with a small dick...

"Yeah, we do." I barley chuckled, shifting my body weight from one leg to the other.

"What this hell are you doing here? You were just in New York." His voice made him seem so interested in my life. In all honesty, he probably wasn't and just wanted to get in my pants.

"Well, I was just stopping by and was actually just about to leave!" Taking a step and giving him a smile, I tried to plan to walk past him, but he took a step to the side to block me off. Giving him a questioning look he smirked.

"Where are you going? We just started talking. You can't leave now with out me buying you a drink!" Chad has a devilish look on his face which made me feel very uncomfortable. I knew if Chad didn't get his way he'd become forceful with me so I gave into his deal.

"One drink, then I have to go." Once I said this he let me pass by without saying anything else back. Chad let me lead the way to an empty seat which I took and he pulled one up next to me.

"What would you like?" He asked. I didn't want anything hard because the last thing I needed was to get drunk and make a mistake.

"Just order me a beer." He did, without hesitation or an argument which really surprised me. As he ordered this gave me the time to really look at Chad. He was definitely still really tall and muscular. The only difference was his hair and more defined and older face.

Staring a little too long, he looked over and me and shot me a signature smile.

"You seem to be get more beautiful each day."

Blushing just a little bit at his comment, I nodded and smiled. Not knowing what to say back, I changed the subject.

"So what brought you to this very bar on this very day?" I was confused and curious. How could ones ex end up at the same bar in the same country they aren't even from? The only way I could think of is if they were stalking you....

Did Chad follow me?

No, he's not that messed up... I think.

"Well, I'm here because my sister is new to this country and I'm here at this bar because it's the closest one to her flat." Okay good it was just a coincidence.

"Oh that's cool. How's your sister?" I asked, only wanting to make small talk. Taking a sip of the beer he bought for me, the moisture on the sides ran down my hand making me shiver.

"She's good, just pregnant." He said carelessly and took a big gulp of his beer.

"Oh, nice."

"Yeah, um... you want to get out of here?" Chad randomly asks out of the blue. His question caught me off guard a little because I spit my drink back into the glass. Meeting eye contact with him he looked completely serious.

A couple seconds past before he started laugh. "Oh I got you Sarah! You really thought I wanted to take you back?" He shook his head and took another big gulp. Myself, I was still in shock and a little scared. "Babe, you just wait," he whispered, I barely heard him say it too. Chad quickly changed the subject, leaving me frazzled.

*

We talked for awhile, He had two beers while I only had my one. Chad wanted to get me another one but I knew I had to get out before he did something funny. He was giving me the weirdest vibe and all I have been doing was being nice. The last thing I needed to do was trigger him.

"Well, in getting tired. I should probably call Aspen." I said while reaching for my phone to turn it on. But before I could Chad grabbed my hand which made my head snap up.

"There's no need for that. I can drive you back." He's words made my stomach drop. I knew I wasn't going to get out of this situation with a smile.

-Authors Note-

I'm truly sorry I didn't update last week. I have no excuse because I wanted to catch up on writing so if I couldn't write one week, I'd still have chapters to publish.

But it probs doesn't matter😂

Anyways, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas if you celebrate it!!

Oh and Louis Tomlinson turns 25 tomorrow?!!!!¡¡¡???¿¿

Have a great night/day!

Please leave a vote and a comment! It means a lot!

•Kiley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!
8.4K 303 62
**READ AT YOUR OWN RISK** "It's fucking crazy, because you'd think I'd remember you, I'd remember them, maybe I'd at least remember us! But I don't a...
210K 6K 81
He does something to me, that boy. Every time. It's his only detriment. He steps on my heart. He makes me cry.
50.8K 463 29
Simple One Direction imagines for fans. If you like them let me know by commenting and voting. *No requests being taken at this moment. copyright ©