Like A Thief In The Night

By Mirapad

Samira was just transfored to a new school in Miami Florida. She just moved there with her older sister Jayli... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
The End?
Can't Resist Me
The End
I LOVE YOU

Part 32

4.4K 138 48
By Mirapad

"I meant to tell you yesterday but...I don't know why i didn't."  I nod as he pulls me into a room and goes in a drew and pulls out a paper and shows me. It was a police report. 

"Child endangerment?" I say reading it and I continue. As soon as I seen Zamaea's name I smiled. "You got a case?" I asked and he nodded. I laughed and hugged him hard and almost made him fall I pulled back and looked at the paper. 

"How? How did you find her?" I asked him and he leans back on the desk. 

"I know somebody who sells 'sugar' and they said they knew a girl named Betty a terrible looking blonde who used to rant about a little girl and her boyfriend. He had to make a delivery to them one and that's how I got the address. I think they are getting a warrant to search the home for drugs and children services has Zamaea." I smiled so hard and I couldn't help but kiss him. He grabbed my waist and I grabbed his shoulders.

"Where is she?" I asked and he grabbed another paper and handed it to me. 

"In Daytona?" I asked and he nodded. 

"If you want I can take you there." He says and I smile.

"Yes. But not now." He nods as a bell went off and I looked around. 

"Time to eat."

************************************

2 weeks later..

"Are you nervous?" He asked me letting his fingers loop around in my curls which was calming me down.

"A little. I haven't been to a group home in a while." I said and he nodded. He got out the car and so did I and he came over to me and kissed my forehead. 

"Come on." He says and I nod as I take his hand and we walk up the steps to the big house and knock on the door. After a minute a woman opens the door with nice glasses on and  brunette hair in a tight bun. 

"Hello. You must be Samira and Lucas Coly." She said it like we were married. Lucas got a kick outta that I can tell by the squeeze in my hand. 

"Yes ma'am." I say and she smiles. 

"Come on in." She opens the door wider and I walk in with Lucas and look around. It looks nice and homey. Better than the one I used to be in. "All the kids should be just now freshening up and getting dressed. Can i get you something to drink?" 

"Yes please." Lucas says and I knew what he meant and I chuckled and slapped his he'd when the lady turned around. 

"I am Mrs. Erwin. It's nice to meet you two Lemonade?" She asked and I nod. 

"Uh yeah sure." I say looking around. After she hands us the cups she smiles.

"So I can't quite remember what your here for." She says and I was about to say something until I heard a scream. I looked over and saw Zamaea smiling and running over to me. I turned and caught her as soon as she jumped in my arms and I hugged her picking her up. 

"I told them you were going to come back!" She says and I smile. 

"I always keep my promises." I tell her and she smiled moving her long curly hair out of her face. I knew it was naturally like mine long and curly ass hell. 

"Oh your here to visit. Are you staying here or are you leaving?" The woman ask writing stuff down and filling out a paper. 

"Leaving." I say and Zamaea smiles.

"How long do we get to keep her?" Lucas asked and the Mrs.Erwin smiled. 

"Until 12 p.m." I nod 12 hours okay okay well have some fun. 

"Okay Mr. Coly I need you to sign paper work saying your leaving-" Her voice left my head. 

"Hey let's go get you dressed I have a surprise for you today." She smiled and i put her down and she grabbed my hand and led me through the house where I seen other kids looking at me and watching us walk through the house. That didn't seem to bother Zamaea one bit. When we got to her room she gave me a suitcase which had all he clothes and hair stuff in it. 

"This is it?" I asked her and she nodded. I frowned.

"Okay. I have an Idea."

***********************************

"This is a mall?" Zamaea asked and I nodded. 

"Yep this is where we are gonna get some new outfits and get our hair done." I looked at Lucas. "All of us."

"Okay." She says skipping with me into the mall and the first thing we ALL did was get two braids out in our hair. I looked at Lucas after he got done and I liked his hair like that.

"I look sexy don't I." He said and I chuckled and kissed him while Zamaea was getting hers braided. 

"Yes you do." 

"I'm done." Zamaea says and Her braids were cute and crisp and so were mine. 

"Okay now we gotta go find cute outfits for us." I tell her and she smiles grabbing my hand. 

"Yeah I'm skipping this part. I'll be at Foot Locker." I nod and he kisses my cheek then taps Zamaea's head which makes her laugh and he walks out with us and we turn different ways. 

"Is he your husband?" Zamaea asked and I shook my head. 

"Nope he's just my boyfriend." I tell her and she smiles. 

"I like him." She says and starts skipping. "He's nice to you." She says and I nod. 

"Very. " I tell her. 

"Does he ever hit you?" She asked and I shake my head. 

"No never. " I tell her and she nods then points at a store with little dresses in it. 

"I wanna dress." She smiles widely. 

"Well then let's go."

*****************************

"Lucas take our picture." I tell him as we walk out of the mall. He takes my phone and we pose a couple times and he pulls his phone out and takes pictures on his. 

"Got it." He says as we stand up and he shows me his favorite one which is on his phone. 

Our matching outfits are so cute! I love them! 

"Okay let's go." I say and we go and get in the car. I gave Zamaea my phone so she could play on it on our ride to Orlando. She sat in the middle in the back in a booster seat. I started the car and started to drive to our destination. I liked over at Lucas who was starting at the picture of me and Zamaea smiling. I wonder what he's thinking about.

**********Lucas P.O.V*************

I was staring at the picture of them in their matching outfits and in their matching braids. It was cute. But it made me think... about our future. I already know I'm never looking for anyone else. And that I don't want anyone else.  And I can't think of anyone I'd rather have a baby with then her. I set that picture as my lock screen then sighed. Looking back at Zamaea who had her headphones in laughing at something on the screen. Then I thought about something. 

"What's going to happen to her?" I asked and I looked at Samira and she looked at me for a split second then shrugged. 

"I don't know. She'll either get moved to foster families or she will get adopted or she will stay there till she's 18." She tells me and I feel bad for her. I've heard about moving through foster families that has to suck. And I remember Samira telling me about how she hated the whole system. 

I just sat back and watched the road and sat in my thoughts. 

**********************************

"OH MY GOODNESS! MICKEY!" My eyes snapped open as Zamaea screamed and I looked and saw that we were finally here. Disney World. I stretched and looked at the big theme park. I looked back at Zamaea who was looking out the window in awe. 

I got out the car after Samira and I reached in and grabbed Zamaea undoing her buckles and putting her on my hip. She got really really excited and wrapped her arms around me. She was little for a 4 year old. Or maybe four year olds are just little. I got out my phone and went on Podcast and went live. Just for the phone of it. 

"Are you live?" Samira asked as she walked next to us and I nodded. 

"Yeah say wasp to my fans." I tell her and she smiles and waves. 

"Wasssup Faaaannss." She says and I point the camera at Zamaea. 

"Say hello to my future daughter." I say and Zamaea laughs and waves then hides her face behind my shoulder. "Aww she's shy." I looked at the comments that popped up as we walked and I seen I had 14k views already. 

She's so cutteeeee!!❤️❤️

Who's that??

HI SAMIRA😍😍😻😻You guys are so cute together 👫💑

where ya'll at?

Who's Baby is that?

"We're at Disney World Mayalien. And I told you this my baby." I tell them and Samira shakes her head. 

"What you shake your head for?" I asked her and she tries to take Zamaea from me and I take off running. Until i'm at the gate with her behind me and Zamaea laughing super hard. 

"My baby." I tell her gasping for air and she laughs. 

Are y'all going to adopt her?!?!?

What's her name?

awh their matching thats cute❤️❤️

Y'all might as well keep her😋😍 Ya'll would have the cutest little family. 

I agreed with that as I bought the tickets and put Zamaea down because she was excited to see Mickey Mouse right at the entrance. 

"MICKEY!" She screamed and ran over to him and hugged him. It was so fucking cute. 

"Her name? It's Zamaea Coly." I told them and Samira came up and took my phone. 

"Ahh thank you LazyLaura She picked these outfits out." She says and I take her phone and take a picture of Zamaea high giving mickey mouse. I went over to her as she pointed to the downtown Disney part and grabbed my hand. 

"I wanna go in there!" She smiled big and I nod.

"Anything you want Mae." I say picking her up and putting her on my shoulders. She laughed and held onto my head. As I grabbed her feet and we walked into Downtown Disney. I heard Samira's phone go off as she took pictures of  us probably. I heard her talking to my fans. 

"Look at them all cute." She says and I smile and look back at her. 

"Look look!" Zamaea says as we walk in pointing everywhere. "Oh my goodness!!" She says so happily she was kicking her feet and I laughed. This was going to be fun. 

*******************************

After we ate and road all the rides and went to the castle did everything here it was about 10 so we started leaving. I carried her through the crowd as she slept on my shoulder.

I couldn't really hide the fact that I dreaded the thought that she would have to wake up without us in the foster home again. While we were in the carriage with the princess she whispered in her  ear and the princess afterwards told me that she said she hated the foster home and she wanted to stay with me and Samira because she could tell that I loved her and that I don't hit people like her dad. And that she likes Samira because she reminds her of her own mom thats in heaven. 

I laid her easily in the seat and she stayed sleep with her tiara still on and her mickey mouse ears and all the candy and food she got and the bear I got for her in the seat next to her. 

I got in the drivers seat and Samira got in the passengers and I looked at her and she smiled looking through all the pictures. She sighed looking at me. 

"I hate it too Lucas." She says and I sigh leaning over to her and kissing her forehead. 

"It's okay." I tell her and she nods looking back at her then smiling and laying her head on the window. 

******************************

I laid her in he bed and got out the picture frame I bought while we were at the mall an the picture I developed while they were both sleep in the car. I wrote in white on the picture frame. 

This is not the last time you will see us.

I tucked her in, put the bear with her and she wrapped her arm around it subconsciously and I kissed her forehead and put the picture frame on the dresser by her lamp and turned it off as the woman stood in the doorway. 

"Thank you." I tell her walking out off the room and she shuts the door and Mrs. Erwin pulls me to the side. 

"How old are you?" She asked and I frowned. 

"19." I say and she smiles.

"Yang you are old enough to be a legal guardian. If you and Mrs. Coly were thinking about that. You just have to finish school first." I nod and she gives me some papers and at the top it said Foster Family. "Applying to be a foster family can up your chances as well." She says and I nod and think about it. 

"Thank you again." I say and she shakes her head. 

"No. Thank you." 

**************************

I walk out and to Samira in the car and put the papers on the dash board and she automatically took them and looked at them. 

"Really?" She asked excitement written all over her face and I chuckle. 

"She said it's an option." Samira didn't even let me finish when she reached over and hugged me tight. "Wait. A kid could be a lot of work, maturity, responsibility-." She says and I shrug. 

"Let's ask my mom and my grandma while their still in town." I say and she nods. 

"Is it bad that I miss her already?" She asked sitting down while I push the button to start the car. 

"I do too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

651K 21.3K 52
17-year-old, Serenity Nicole Newton, isn't the typical teenagers that likes guys older than her. Even though she's mature, well mannered, and the gi...
279K 9.7K 45
Tiara and Keenan were as close as anyone could be, they've been best friends since freshmen year of high school and now they're heading to college, a...
252K 8K 27
This is the story of Passion She has a struggling life at the moment. She lives with her baby sister who she basically raised. She has to learn what...
279K 6K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.