Love The Hurt Away

By LourDarden

After two years from when Dessiah and her daughter Delaney were thrown out of her home in the rain by her tri... More

Love The Hurt Away
When Opportunity knocks
Crossroads (Let Go Let God)
To Follow A Dream or Not To Follow A Dream?
Late Nights, Last Night (Part 1)
Temporary Goodbyes (Part 2)
Hello,Tokyo (Part 3)
Take My Breath Away (Part4)
So.....Who you with?
More Than A Conquer
Scattered Ideas
Game Changer
If Only You Knew
Are You Paris?
Paris
Get It Together (Late Night Dinners)
Breaking Point
Sights
Falling
Live Your Truth
Double Team
Are You Awake
Here With You
Protected By Him
Go Back
Fatal Warnings (Part 1)
Go Hard Or Go Home
Whose Up
"Lord Keep Me Near The Cross"
Dessiah POV
Party Pooper
Set The Record Straight
Help!
I love you
Too Much Too Soon (Official Chapter)
Cherry Blossoms (Official Chapter)
His Quality Time (Official Chapter)
The Date Is Set(HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT)
To Tell him or not to tell is the question (Official Chapter Part 2)
problem
Fix It Jesus! (Official Chapter Part 2)
One Man, Several Problems (Official Chapter"
"I cant Believe I'm Here" (Official Chapter)
Did You
Paris Dreams (official Chapter part 2)
Until You Come Back to me Decision
Final Product
HONEY HERES AN UPDATE
DID YOU?
Official Chapter "Altered Plans"
Official Chapter "Unknown Messenger"
Worth More
Farther Along The Journey (Chapter)
Did you?
NOLA Baby (part1)
No Harm No Known Foul
Big Easy Ain't So Easy
The Big Payback
One Loss, One Unexpected Surprise(Chapter)
Be Careful What You Pray For
FOR YOU
Do You Still Love Her?
In Search Of His Heart
Don't Let Me Down
Have You Seen Her
Visitors
Giving Up
Breaking, Broken, Risen
Give Me Whats Mine (Official Chapter) pt 1
"Past Demons Resurrected" Part 2
For My Love
Hanging On For Love (Official Chapter)
coming
Shots Fired (Official Chapter)
Twenty-Fucking-Nine
Epilogue(Official Chapter)
Get YOUR COPY
New Story coming

Everything Comes To The Light

3.2K 296 177
By LourDarden

Everything Comes To The Light *Play song up top

Dessiah peered through the dashboard window to see the road which was hard to do with the heavy rain. Her heart was racing a mile a minute trying to make it home to Delaney. Pulling into the parking lot she parked across from her building and through the heavy drops, protecting her purse inside of her jacket. Dessiah made it upstairs to her apartment as fast as possible. She barged in the door to see Detrick sitting in at the table with only the light over the stove on in the entire apartment.

"Baby what are you doing sitting in the dark?" She asked dropping her things by the door. Detrick sat silently. Dessiah flipped the light switch on and went to grab a towel to wipe her face. "Laneyyy!" She called out walking in each room.

"She's gone." Detrick answered spinning his phone in his hand.

"Gone? Where?"

"I sent her to be with Lisa for the night."

"Oh. Okay. That's a great idea because baby. There's so much to tell you I don't even know where to start."

"How about start with your marriage?" Detrick said still not looking at her. He didn't see the shock in her face. Dessiah stood with her mouth agape. Did she hear him right?

"What?" She spoke above a whisper.

"I said start with your... What happened to your face?" Detrick looked at her and was surprised by what he saw. Because her face was soaked she wiped her face forgetting that all of the makeup wiped away. All of her bruises were evident.

"Huh?"

"What the hell happened to your face?"

"Ummm." She glanced in the mirror hanging on the wall to her left and knew there was no hiding anymore. Dessiah sighed heavily and prepared herself to be completely open and honest. "Darryl... my ex and his girlfriend did this to me."

"WHAT?" Detrick jumped out of his chair so fast that Dessiah took a step back. "WHEN?" She hesitated to answer hanging her head, Detrick lifted her chin to face her eyes.

"When I went to New Orleans. He punched me and she kicked me now I have fractured ribs."

"WHAT THE FUCK!!" Detrick punched a hole into the wall. Dessiah nearly jumped out of her skin. He pressed his hands and head to the wall. She slowly walked towards him and rested a comforting hand on him arm. Detrick immediately pulled away from her. "Don't touch ME!"

"Detrick, its me Dessiah. I know you're mad but I'm right here. It's all gonna be okay." She made another attempt to hug him, he had enough and pushed her off of him. Dessiah had never seen him so angry.

"ITS NOT GOING TO FUCKING BE OKAY! YOU LIED TO ME DESSIAH! Me you lied to me! Why?"

"I was going to tell you De I just didn't want you to lose it. He was a bad altercation but I'm okay."

"When are you going to realize that everything doesn't just affect you? Dessiah that nigga came up in here and tried to take Delaney!"

"He was here?"

"I didn't stutter. Muthafucka spit blood in my daughters fucking face!"

"What?" Dessiah was stunned and wanted so much to break down and cry. That another thing to add to the list of thing Delaney endured at the hands of her father. "Detrick I didn't know he bailed out of jail until a few hours ago.

"But you knew he jumped your ass and you said nothing!"

"I was going to take care of it De. Baby I had it under control." Dessiah reasoned. Detrick grabbed her by her shoulders angrily.

"YOU CAN'T DO EVERYTHING ALONE! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO UNDERFUCKINGSTAND THAT!" Detrick released her and paced back and forth like a mad man. "Had you have been honest from jump I would have been prepared to protect you, Delaney, and us. Instead this nigga just loved telling me how your still married." Dessiah raced in front of him to look in his eyes and show her sincerity.

"Detrick I swear I was going to tell you but...I just"

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" He picked up the picture of them and threw it at the wall smashing its glass. "You were never going to tell me Dessiah. You had too many opportunities to just be honest." Dessiah dropped to her knees and just wept in her hands. Detrick balled his fists and screamed to the top of his lungs. "Why Dessiah? Baby why didn't you just tell me? I asked you to be honest with me? You know what I been through, why? De tell me why?" He had fallen to his knees in front of her and began to cry pleading for answers. "I loved you. All you had to do was tell me."

"Baby I was scared you wouldn't understand. I just wanted to make it go away so that we could move on and build a life together." Detrick wiped his face sniffling. He looked at her and became even angrier.

"So you thought deceiving me would be better than just being real and honest? You ain't no different from any other female I've dealt with..." Detrick stood from the floor and she followed him with her eyes. He headed towards the door to block him from leaving.

"Detrick wait! Please wait! It's not what you think I swear. Just let me explain please?" He said nothing. "I had tried to get the divorce for the past two years but he would never acknowledge the papers and I'd get them back. I went to New Orleans to have him served and get my grandmother's house back. Detrick I never meant to hurt you I swear. Please believe me! Please Baby! Please!" She begged. Detrick finally looked her in the face and calmly said "Dessiah I let you in to places in my heart I never let anyone else. I accepted your child as my own. I kept my promise to love you past your pain and all you did was think about how being honest with me would affect you. DELANEY cried in my arms tonight. SHE WEPT IN MY ARMS DESSIAH. What you do and the choices you make don't just affect you."

"I know De. I know."

"Yea but you also think you can do everything by yourself, so what do you need me for?" Dessiah didn't respond. "Exactly." Detrick reached to open the door and she pushed it closed.

"Detrick please don't go! Baby we can work through this. I'll tell you whatever you want to know. Just please don't leave me."

"If you really loved me then you wouldn't have lied to me. "

"I didn't want to lie Detrick I just wanted to fix everything. I felt like I could make it right."

"Well great job! Since you wanna fix everything, have fun fixing it by your damn self." Detrick pulled the door open moving her out of the way. He headed in the rain and Dessiah rain behind him screaming. "Detrick please don't leave! BABY GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE! PLEASEEEE!" She cried. Dessiah slipped in the rain and Detrick turned to look at her closing his car door. He took two steps forward towards her. The rain showered on them both. "When you explain to Delaney what it means to be an independent woman, make sure you tell her what you lost by doing it all by yourself! You can't be the victim in this Dessiah, this was you're doing. I'm not another man who did you wrong. I'm not a man who walked out on you. I'm the man who chose to love you, to pray for you, to cherish you both. I chose to honor you and in return you chose... to break my heart." Detrick turned away leaving her sitting on the wet ground in the rain. He got in his car and drove away. Away from the woman he loved, the family he desired, and the woman who betrayed him and broke not only his heart but his spirit.

"DETRICKKKK!! DETRICKKKK PLEASEEEE COME BACK. Please." Dessiah screamed at his passing car. Thunder was the only thing to respond to her out cry. The rain blended in with her tears. Crying into her hands "OH GOD! WHAT DID I DO! AHHHH DETRICKKK! BABY COME BACKKKK! GOD NOO.

//////////////////////////////

One Month Later

Dessiah and Detrick hadn't had a solid conversation since that night. They both returned to work with so much unsaid. Dessiah would go each day just trying to get a glimpse of him hoping that if he just looked in her eyes she would see the love that was always there for her. Detrick made it a point to avoid her at all costs. Even excluding her from meetings and having others fill her in or by working from home most of the time just so there was no chance of them crossing paths. He decided to work from home when the desk he ordered for Delaney was delivered to his office. He bought her her very own Hello Kitty desk to have in his office so that she could sit with him like they did in Japan. With stationary and utensils to match. He always loved her company and she was in fact a great help. Unfortunately the order was placed weeks prior to their break up. He didn't mind Delaney having it anyway but that meant he would have to communicate with Dessiah and that wasn't an option. He had been getting many dry calls. Someone would call and he could hear breathing then they would hang up. He tried blocking the number. Then the person got smart and used different numbers. He wanted to assume it was Dessiah but that was never confirmed. Detrick had received calls like this while they were dating but now these were more frequent so that ruled her out. He brushed it off as just being some kid playing on his phone. Or telemarketers.

Dessiah was somewhat relieved that Darryl was soon caught within days after he left her home. She notified Mr. Roberts and they quickly put out an APB and were able to catch him at a gas station near state lines. They were notified of what he did to Delaney and that added to his charges. Attempted kidnaping, Assault and battery on a minor, as well as harassment. He was ordered to stay away from Delaney and Dessiah until further notice and given no bond since he left the state. He hadn't had his trial yet and there were no words on his girlfriend Teresa other than her making bail from the first arrest. Delaney had become different in all that she did. It was like that bright light that was around her had dimmed. She barely spoke these days unless spoken to and that was short. It was evident that she missed Detrick. Dessiah found her holding the teddy bear he gave her with the family picture they took underneath her pillow. Dessiah tried to get her started in counseling but she spent most of her time silent in the sessions. She felt like a failure for a mother. Everything around her had crumbled and it seemed like there was no rebuilding this time.

///////////////

Detrick walked through the mall where he spent many days with Delaney. He saw a child running past him and she looked so much like her that he called her name. When the little girl turned around sadness filled his chest knowing it wasn't Delaney. He saw the yogurt land that they would frequent after school and decided to go in for old times' sake. Once he filled it with all his favorite flavors he found a table near the window, the very table that Dessiah and Delaney shared with him. He missed them both but his anger wouldn't allow him to consider to reach out. He was done being lied to even if it meant being alone for the rest of his life. No more would he allow another woman into his life to deceive him again. Enjoying his frozen yogurt he took another spoonful when he heard his name called from behind him.

"Detrick?" He looked over his shoulder shocked to see who stood four feet from him. The first woman he felt something for since Dedra.

"Taylour?"

"Yea it's me." She responded.

///////////////////////////////////

OH SNAPPPPPPPPP ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN SERIOUSLY. SO I HAD TO DROP SOME KNOWLEDGE ON YALL CAUSE THAT'S JUST HOW I ROLL. THESE STORIES ARE TO SEE OURSELVES IN THEM AND GROW FROM THEM WHILE BEING ENTERTAINED. SO I WANTED TO BRING SOMETHING UP. DESSIAH IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF MANY OF US WHO HAVE BEEN HURT OR JUST RAISED TO DO EVERYTHING BY OURSELVES. ESPECIALLY BLACK WOMEN, NOW I'VE BEEN BLACK FOR A LONG TIME SO I CAN SAY THIS LOLOL WE ARE TAUGHT TO BE INDEPENDENT DO IT OURSELVES, WE DON'T NEED NOBODY, OR LIKE ME I WAS TAUGHT DON'T LET A MAN DO ANYTHING FOR YOU BECAUSE HE WILL THINK YOU OWE HIM OR THROW IT IN YOUR FACE. OR THAT HE WONT COME THROUGH. DON'T DEPEND ON ANYONE BUT YOU. I COME HERE TO TELL YOU THAT I LEARNED IN MY 28 YEARS OF LIFE THAT IS TOTAL, ABSOLUTE, UTTER BULLSHIT!!! MEN ARE VERY SIMPLE CREATURES. SO SIMPLE THAT IT PUZZLES US. MEN NEED TO BE NEEDED AND APPRECIATED. A WOMAN HAS THE POWER TO SPEAK LIFE INTO A MAN AND POWER TO BREAK HIM DOWN. NOW THIS ISNT JUST ABOUT EGO BUT ABOUT HOW GOD MADE US. WE AS WOMEN CAN DO ALL THINGS.. WELL MOST THINGS. WE DON'T HAVE SPERM SO MOST THINGS. HOWEVER ALTHOUGH WE CAN DO IT ALL WE WERE NOT CREATED TO DO IT ALL. NEITHER WAS MAN. EVE WAS CREATED FOR ADAM. EVE WAS THE BLESSING. YOU LADIES ARE THE BLESSING. DON'T FORGET THAT. MAN WAS NOT CREATED TO BE ALONE. GOD INTENDED FOR HIM TO HAVE A HELP MATE BUT ALSO FOR HIM TO BE A HELP MATE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING ON YOUR OWN BABIES. GOD DIDN'T CREATE YOU TO WITHSTAND THE WORLD ON YOUR OWN. IF SOMEONE IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH FOR YOU TO LEAN ON BECAUSE HE GETS HIS STRENGTH FROMYOU LEANS ON THE LORD THEN YOU NEED TO QUESTION HIM AND WHAT YOU DESERVE. DESSIAH HAD A MAN..NNOT A BOY BUT A MAN WILLING TO MOVE MOUTAINS AND CROSS VALLEYS TO PROTECT HER AND DELANEY AS WELL AS PROVIDE. SOMETIMES WE HAVE THAT AND DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPRECIATE IT CAUSE WE DO AND HAVE DONE IT ALL ON OUR OWN. THAT'S HOW OUR MAMAS',AUNTY'S AND GRANDMA DID IT...THAT'S NOT HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO BE. ITS OKAY TO HAVE HELP. ITS OKAY TO NEED SOMEONE. ITS OKAY TO BE TAKEN CARE OF. DON'T MISS OUT ON YOUR BLESSING TRYNA BE THE MAN AND THE WOMAN IN THE RELATIONSHIP.. I HOPE YOU RECEIVE THIS AND I WILL BE UPDATING SOON. LOVE YALL COMMENT AND VOTE 100 VOTES AND 85 COMMENTS MUAH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.3K 33
Mature | Erotica | Smut ***COMPLETED*** African American design wiz Kerstin London knows all about success. She has transformed herself from an 'unwa...
612K 28.4K 31
"With him it wasn't about the material shit, or the money. He captured my heart with his..." Growing up in the care of her grandmother because her mo...
2.7K 392 45
A story for those who believe in love . This story is about a simply being in love and what does it feel to be in relationship with your loved one...
119 43 13
Naomi West fled her wedding to the most feared billionaire of the state. Five years later, she has to come back home for work. But things take a diff...