My K-Pop Secret (SNSD, F(x)...

By 99eunjae

Jade Jung, Korean name Sooeun Jung, lives a pretty normal life for a high schooler in LA. However she has a s... More

My K-Pop Secret (SNSD, F(x), EXO)
Ch. 1 My Life
Ch. 2: I'm Officially Screwed
Ch.3 Overprotective Brother
Ch.4 Uh Oh....
Ch.5 Sibling Moments
Ch.6 Like a K-Pop Star
Ch. 7 Before the Concert
Author's Note
Ch.9 Siblings....
Ch. 10 Them
Ch.11 Hiding
Ch.12 Concert (Again?) and Ships
Ch.13 Lunch with EXO and Other Things
Ch.14 Friend or Foe?
Ch.15 Amusement Parks are a Big No No
Ch.16 Strawberry Juice is Very Yummy
Ch.17 The PARTAY
Ch.18 A Break, For the First Time in Forever
Ch.20 Kris
Ch.19 K-Drama
Ch.21 Scavenger Hunt Part 1
Ch.22 Scavenger Hunt Part 2
Ch. 23 Bungee Jumping for Dummies
Ch. 24 The Finale(?)
Ch. 25 The Sweet(Not) Life of Jade Jung
Ch. 26 My Life is the Definition of Awkward

Ch.8 The Concert

7.5K 150 43
By 99eunjae

~~*~~

“Jade! You’re on! Good luck!” the person in charge of the schedule said as she pushed me towards the stage.

I breathed deeply, trying to slow down my fast heart rate. My first live performance for the first concert of the week. It was basically like a test run, something that I could use to check out how everything was.

As I watched my sisters enter right on time with their parts, I was awed at how different they were. I’ve never actually seen them at a live performance; I usually just saw them at work online.

They were perfectly in sync, not getting a single part wrong. They had enough confidence to adlib, smile at the audience, and add dance moves.

How could they sing and dance at the same time? I suddenly respected my sisters and other celebrities more.

As the part where I enter neared, I got more and more nervous. All of the mistakes that I could do sped through my mind.

“Hey little sis!”

“AHHHHH!” I scream whispered as I slightly jumped.

My mike was on, so I had to be quiet until I went on.

“Good luck! I’m watching, in fact, everyone is watching. No pressure,” Kai winked.

I ignored him and entered while singing.

I’m talking pedicure for my toes, toes

It was as if time froze. The cheering, energetic audience froze. They just stared at me, but I ignored it. Everyone warned me about this happening, so I wasn’t really affected.

You could hear shuffling of people as the audience checked the cards they had, the one with the schedule and information about the show. People whispered to each other and some took out their smart phones and took photos of me, which made me more nervous because I wasn’t photogenic.

Some people actually seemed to recognize me, from the news articles, but most were obviously curious about who I was.

Doing the dance moves and singing, I made eye contact with Jessica and Krystal. They winked, smiling at me. I smiled back.

As we got into the chorus, where all three of us sang and dance all together, the audience seemed to get out of their trance. They waved their lights and cheered.

Don’t stop, make it pop

DJ, blow my speakers up

Tonight, I’mma fight

‘Til we see the sunlight

All of my nervousness, panic, and uneasiness were gone by now. I was just enjoying the time with my siblings and the audience.

I could finally realize why people became celebrities. They became them for these moments. Even with the sasaengs and the bad parts, the good parts covered it.

Tic Tock on the clock

Round the clock

But the party don’t stop, no oh oh oh oh

Oh oh oh oh!

I breathed heavily as I did the last pose. A huge applause was heard from the audience. Cheers filled the air.

Jessica, Krystal, and I rushed off the stage so the next act could start.

As I went back stage, everyone was talking to me, complimenting my performance, and saying that I did well.

I hurried towards my dressing room. Yes, you heard right. I had my own dressing room. Awesome right? Apparently since I had to do many costume changes, they wanted me to have my own dressing room. I actually had my personal assistants to help me out in between acts.

I changed into a beautiful dress. It was a white dress with a bit of red. There was a red ribbon around my waist and there was a thin red design around the dress. I was very happy because it was gorgeous and it was only a feature.

No singing or dancing, but there was a choreography. Since I was going to be the only girl out, I had to do really well.

As I got into the make-up chair, the make-up artists and the hair stylists started working. I was startled because they were working at the same time and still they seemed to get their work done.

My hair was put into slight waves and curls and my make-up was a natural look. My lips were a pretty pink and I had a tinge of blue for my eye shadow.

I never felt so pretty in my life.

Someone whistled. As I carefully turned around in the chair, trying not to disturb the make-up artists and hair stylists from doing their work, I saw Kris at the door.

“You look great, wow!” Kris said.

I blushed. I never was one to receive compliments. It was always Miranda who received the compliments on the looks. I received them on being “smart”.

“No, but seriously, you look hot!” Tao interrupted.

“You guys need to stop checking her out, she’s my sister! Don’t forget,” Kai warned.

I sighed.

“Don’t you guys have to get ready too?” I asked.

“We don’t have that much to change, because we’re boys,” Tao winked.

“Lucky…” I grumbled.

They chuckled.

“Ready to go, my princess?” Kai asked offering his arm.

“Can I go?” I asked my facial and hair artists.

They nodded and one of them said,

“Good luck!”

I gave her a nod and took Kai’s arm. I teetered on the heels, but got used to them quickly.

Kai led me towards the stage while Tao and Kris followed.

I received many compliments and whistles on the way, making me blush tomato red.

The concept of the performance was sort of like a ballet. Nobody talked, but acted. There was a before story and then the song, where some were dancing, some acting, and some people doing random stuff.

I had the act of being the one girl that was loved by everyone. I was the main character of this “drama”. I was “loved” by EXO and SHINee.

Great huh? Such pressure, especially under the watching eyes of the many overprotective fans.

Oh yeah, I also had a little “kiss” scene with Kai at the end. It wasn’t a big deal between Kai and me, because we had “skin ship” as Koreans call it. It’s normal for people in the same family to kiss, hug, hold hands, and have “skin ship”. This is the reason why there are a lot of rumors of celebrities being lesbians or gays. Basically, if you’re close with someone, you have personal contact with him or her.

Like all other families of Korea, we follow this culture and I have personal contact with Kai, Jessica, Krystal, my mom, and my dad. No matter the gender and age difference, we have a connection.

Since everyone already knows about this, it’s the reason why I have a little “kiss” scene with Kai. No biggie right?

Well actually it’s pretty big because of the sasaengs and the fans. Once Kai had a kiss scene in the “Melon Music Awards” and the fans bashed, threatened, and put pressure on her. I felt so bad for the poor girl. But the thing is, I’m pretty sure that they didn’t kiss. They faked it, on the stage. So what would fans do when we actually kiss on stage? I didn’t want to know the answer.

While all of these thoughts run through my head, it becomes our turn. After the video on the screen starts, I’m mesmerized by the plot. I love the video and was astounded by how I appeared on it. I looked so different, so unlike me.

Again people were silent whenever I came on and took pictures of the screen, but it was better than last time.

When the short video finally ended and the lights came back on, I strutted onto the stage. Actually it wasn’t strutting it was the trying-to-not-fall-off-these-death-heels walk.

SHINee and EXO came onto the stage. I acted like I didn’t see them.

Music cue. I just loved this song. I smiled to myself.

I was sitting down on a cute, pretty, chair, acting like I was bored on my phone.

Her eyes, her eyes, make the stars seem like they’re not shining.

Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying

She’s so beautiful

And I tell her everyday

What I loved about this performance was that the members sing as if they were talking to each other. They pointed at me and sort of faked a smile. They did everything a regular guy would do when they talk about a girl with their friends.

I smiled acting as if I saw a funny post on my smart phone

As they got into the chorus, Kai acted as if he was going to come talk to me. He nervously “fidgets”, Taemin and Kris gives him a push towards me. I act as if I’m surprised and smile warmly at him. Kai starts singing the chorus.

When I see your face

There’s not a thing that I would change

Cause you’re amazing

Just the way you are

I blush or act like I’m embarrassed. The rest of the team comes and joins Kai in singing. The screams and shouts are deafening and I’m actually enjoying the performance.

As the song goes on, Kai asks for my hand and we sort of dance together. He twirls me while singing and everyone makes a circle around us.

I giggled to myself, because I already knew that this is where it becomes funny.

Jonghyun starts singing the chorus, the last part to the song, and looks at me like he likes me too. Kai then lets go of my hand and pushes him away, looking pissed.

I blushed or tried to anyway. I probably looked like a ripe tomato.

Kai comes back to me and sings the last verse, where the song sort of slows down.

Cause girl you’re amazing

Just the way you are

He turns me away from the audience, so his back is to the audience, and kisses me.

The crowd goes wild, from jealousy or support I don’t know. Probably jealousy. The light goes off, giving us the signal to get off the stage. Kai and Kris help me walk off the stage because I’m like a snail when on high heels.

Right as we get offstage, the lights go back on and the next performance, Jessica and Key’s Barbie Girl goes on.

I love the song and both Key and Jessica. I always loved watching their little performance on Youtube and always fangirled about it. I wanted to watch the performance live, from the side, but of course my schedule didn’t allow it. I had to change and get ready for my next performance, making me despise this too busy schedule.

~~*~~

My outfit for Firework with SNSD was shorter than I was comfortable with. It was a pink strapless and personally, I thought it looked slutty. However, it was still pretty and I loved how my long hair fell in luscious curls and how the fancy head piece decorated my head. The huge earrings also made a pretty effect as well. Again, much to my dismay, I had to wear heels, but since it was a song that I loved and had many good memories listening to it, I didn’t really mind.

As I entered stage arms linked with Jessica and Yoona, I realized that the audience seemed to have gotten used to me. There were barely any more whispers or cameras that went off when they saw me.

The choreography was very simple. The person singing would do a little bit of motions here and there, while everyone else acted as if they were back dancers. However whenever someone sang, it looked so graceful and pretty that it looked as if the choreography was complicated.

Baby you’re a firework

Come on let your colors burst

Make them go oh, oh, oh,

You’re gonna leave them in awe, awe, awe

The music suddenly quiets as everyone up on the stage, SNSD and I, harmonize with each other and sing the last part.

Boom, Boom, Boom,

Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon,

Boom, Boom, Boom,

Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon,

We all did the final pose, the official “The Boy’s” pose except that I was in the middle, with Jessica.

Backstage, I sighed in relief. I was almost done with the concert. I only had three more songs to perform and I would be done with the day. How did people do this every day with even more songs than I perform?

~~*~~

Time for Call Me Maybe!!!!

A simple casual look, a blouse on top of colored jeans. It sort of was like SNSD’s Gee concept except it was a prettier blouse on top, not a t-shirt.

Since all of the girl artists came up for this performance, the stage was a bit crowded, but not that bad.

Basically anybody could sing whenever they would like. Sort of. We had parts that we had to sing for, but everyone had to know the lyrics. TVXQ’s Changmin and Yunho featured. They were the lucky guys that took part with all of the girls.

This act flied because I tried to stay in the crowds and sing quietly. However as if the people in the tech recognized my motive, they put up the volume for my mike. I could hear my own voice really well, which wasn’t good.

I’m sure your really interested in my act with all of the boys. I was chosen as the lucky, only, girl for this performance, which was That’s What Makes You Beautiful. Just like your thinking, I was up on the stage with all of the boy artists. Sadly, I couldn’t hide behind the crowds because I was featuring.

What I loved about being on stage and featuring was that I felt pretty. Being sung to like I was in my own drama with hot, sexy, cute, boys helped encourage me. I always was the not so pretty girl that nobody knew about. I was the shy, hard to talk to, girl. It was depressing. I felt lonely, unloved, unknown, hated, neglected, the list goes on. Being on the stage changed all of that. I was the girl that all the fangirls were jealous about, I felt pretty, loved, and talented.

Back to the performance. I was the center of attention. Everyone on stage was looking at me, but everyone in the audience was staring at their bias.

It felt like the performance was finished in one second. Even though I didn’t wear anything fancy, the outfit worn for Call Me Maybe because there wasn’t enough time to change.

Just to keep it short, everyone sang to me and I “blushed” and “smiled”. It wasn’t that big of a role.

~~*~~

Finally, the grand finale. The mash up of hit songs, the legends. Again, just like the rehearsals, I stayed in the same group as Kai, Krystal, and Jessica.

Since I knew most of the choreography, I was pretty good, but just in case, I had them stay with me.

My little group got caught in Oh! By SNSD, Electric Shock by F(x), Wolf by EXO, Fantastic Baby by Big Bang, and Alone by Sistar. It was really awkward for Alone, especially because the people who got caught were mostly boys. It was hilarious and embarrassing at the same time. However I think the audience enjoyed it.

The last act was the act that allowed fans, artists, and everyone to think of the past and appreciate it. The younger artists like EXO could connect with the older ones like SNSD, Shinhwa, and Super Junior.

~~*~~

I changed back into my outfit for Just the Way You Are. Although it was really fancy and uncomfortable, the heels especially, the managers and directors said that I should wear something fancy for all of the pictures that would be taken as I got out.

Apparently the paparrazi, SNS, and news would go crazy about how I appeared. The mysterious girl with all of the celebrities, her identity told to the public.

So, being the obedient girl I was, I wore the fancy dress getting ready to go back home.

“You ready?” Kai interrupted my thoughts.

“Oh yeah. Let’s go,” I said as I put on my earrings.

I linked my arms in his and started to go out towards the entrance.

We were pretty far from the doors, but I could already hear the screams of waiting fans.

I was unbalanced on the heels and Kai helped steady me.

As we neared the doors, girls started screaming Kai’s name and asking who I was.

I took a deep breath and went out the door with Kai. Clicking of cameras and calling for attention was heard.

I was already told to ignore everything and keep on walking no matter what. To smile and just let Kai lead me away. I was doing pretty well, even though the flashes of camera blinded me.

Right as I reached the car and was about to go in a voice that was much louder than the voices around it reached my ears.

“JADE JUNG!!! WHAT THE HELL?”

I turned in surprise to see who it was.

I met the set of eyes that I was very familiar with.

Miranda. With Melody, Odilia, Jonathan, and Zach surrounding her.

~~*~~

Author’s Note:

OMG YOU GUYS!!!! I’M SO SORRY!!!! TT^TT I know that I told you guys that I would update on Saturday, but I became too busy…. I’ll spare you guys the update on what happened.

ANYWAY I had a writer’s block. I had no idea how I should write this chapter.

SO!!! Like I promised in my status. I spent a lot of time writing this chapter…

YAY!!!! 1000 READS!!! I love you guys~ :) Thank you!

This chapter is: BEST WE GOT MARRIED COUPLES

As you guys know or you will learn from now, We Got Married has been going on for SO MANY YEARS and there were a lot of great couples. These are my favorite. If you have nothing to do, you guys should watch their episodes.

SSANGCHU COUPLE: Kim Hyung Joon (SS501) and Hwangbo THIS IS MY MOST FAVORITE COUPLE. I watched this couple’s episodes more than 5 times. It’s that good. :D So check them out.

SWEET POTATO COUPLE: Seohyun (SNSD) and Yonghwa (CNBLUE) MY SECOND FAVORITE COUPLE. They’re so cute~

JUNG HYUNGDON and TAEYEON (SNSD) It’s a short season because Jung Hyungdon gets actually married, but it’s a cute, funny, season.

JOKWON(2AM) AND GAIN (BEG) They’re cute and awesome :D They’re called the short couple

NICKHUN(2PM) AND VICTORIA F(x) They’re really cute together. Haha~

KWANGHEE (ZE:A) AND SUNHWA (Secret) They’re a funny couple. :)

JO JUNGCHI AND JUNG IN They’re so funny… I recommend this couple a lot. THEY’RE HILARIOUS. And since they’re a real couple it’s great.

That’s it! There is Taemin (SHINee) and Naeun (A-Pink) that’s going on, but I don’t really like them together… NO OFFENCE, but really, I don’t like them. Don’t hate though….

I’M RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS FOR THEMES SO HELP ME OUT PLEASE BY COMMENTING. Love you guys~ <3 Thank you!

Give me some ideas :DDDD

~Eun <3

P.S. I am on break, so that I probably could update faster… BUT NO PROMISES!!!

I learned that the hard way on Saturday ;)

Kay so Bye~~~

PART UPDATED 12/26/13

Hey you guys, right when I was going to go to sleep yesterday, I totally forgot to add some things in the AN so I’m doing it right now.

Pictures of Jade’s dresses and concepts are on the side! I personally love how they look. The picture isn't on HD so just in case you want a more HD, prettier photo:

Just the Way You Are

http://www.romanlove.net/images/eveningdress0102face/eveningdress1209a.jpg

Firework

http://simplydressesshop.com/0424/1dress_mainpic/lf108-1.jpg

I have edited the whole story written so far… I know some of you guys left me comments, thank you for that! If you still catch any mistakes that I didn’t change, leave a comment so I can edit it! 

Also take a minute to vote for which group you want Jade's counterpart to be from! It's going to help me write and update faster... YOU GUYS CAN VOTE UP TO THREE GROUPS!!!!

http://poll.fm/4kiuu

Finally, I forgot to say “MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!” I was so focused on updating yesterday, that I forgot to write all of this stuff. Sorry! Anyway, Merry Late Christmas!~

Hope you guys have a wonderful rest of 2013. Love you guys!

Thank You!!!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 7.4K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
150K 5.3K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
140K 6.5K 36
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...
768K 28.4K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...