The Joke

Galing kay messyhoran

Niall Horan met Annie Tate in a restaurant. A simple, American girl who moved in London for a better luck. He... Higit pa

The Joke
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 (The ending part)
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 4

211 10 0
Galing kay messyhoran

"Annie?! What's up, w-why are you crying?!" I'm so worried about her and I can't bear to hear her crying. It breaks my heart and I don't know the reason.  " Please talk to me," I add, trying to make her speak. It feels like she can't even breath from her sobs...

"Niall, I'm-I'm home-less," her voice cracks in the word and she cries more. Oh god . "They kicked... They kicked me-meh out.. I-I"

" Don't worry sweety I'm coming to you, where are you?"

" Outside of it..Y-you remember?" she tries to calm down.

" Of course I do. Wait a few minutes okay? I'm on my way.." I end the call and run to take the car keys and my coat.

~ --

It's raining so hard outside. Damn it, she might be there alone on the pavement, alone,  crying and getting soaked by the rain. God, I have to rush.

Thankfully, her house isn't really far away from mine. I try to make it quick and the car speed is over the normal numbers that I should run the car especially when it rains.

Finally I reach my destination. She's standing under a tree but still she's getting wet. I kill the engine and run to her.

" Sweety," without any thought I hug her. She hugs me back and I hear her crying on my shoulder. " Shhhhh, don't cry.. I'm here." I take her two big suitcases and put them in the port-baggage.  "Go in" I shout at her enough to hear.  The rain gets heavier. I'm going inside the car too.

" Niall I'm sorry.. I-I soaked you and also the car..  Oh god" she's still in the crying condition ..

I interrupt her.

"I don't care about anything else right now, but you. Are you okay?" I already know the answer..

" No..." she puts her palms on her face covering all of it.

"Hey," I hold her hands and she turns to look at me. I put my one hand on her cheek and wipe her tears. " Shhh it's done sweety... I'm here for you now.. You can trust me.. Okay?" I stroke her cheek,  our eyes locked to one another's.

"I'm s-sorry..." she stutters. " I'm..You're....You're my only friend.. So I called you.."

"It's alright. You're gonna stay with me." I inform her about my will.

"Niall..No." she fights.

"Yes" I start the engine. "You're a friend of mine. End of discussion."

" But..."

"You'll stay until it becomes not necessary.."

" Your girlfriend.. What about your fans..? The world will learn." she's really sad and nervous..

" We'll keep it a secret.."

" There's always someone who betrays somebody..I'm so afraid.. "

I don't know why, but when Annie told me this, my mind automatically traveled to Miranda. I can't trust her at all. I know it's dangerous but...

"This is so dangerous... Niall.. " when I turn to look at her,  her eyes have taken a dark version.. She's really afraid.

" I can't let you in a dirty motel or whatever. I just can't.. This is dangerous as well." I feel her hand touching mine, the one located on the steering wheel. My gaze turns to the spot and back on the road. " I haven't other option.." my voice is softest than ever.

A weak smile is shaped on her face. "You're so caring, it hurts" she says dramatically, making the two of us laugh. This is Annie. The happy, funny girl I first met.

****

I unlock the door and we step inside. Miranda is standing in front of it, her hands crossed and squeezed on her breasts.

"Where were..." she starts,  but stops when her eyes meet Annie. " Why is she here?!" she rudely snaps.

" It's my home and I bring whoever I want. Back off." I respond, leading Annie upstairs.

" Her clothes are soaked and water the floor! I'm not going to mop it! " she shouts.

Annie stops walking. " It was not a good idea, I'd better go.."

" Annie..." I hold her hand but she jerks it away.

" Niall.."

" Stay tonight.. Please.."

" I'm a disaster Niall. Don't you see?" she says and bursts into tears again.

I lead her to a bedroom, the one I have for the guests. I close the door behind.

I sigh. " Don't say that again. You are not... And please sweetheart, stop crying..." I hug her again, giving her comfort.

" But I feel like it..."

Annie's POV

I feel so horrible. So awful. I feel I'm a weight for them, even Niall doesn't admit it.  He brought me to his house and I didn't fight him not to. I knew that his girlfriend wouldn't be happy at all. I knew I would destroy their peaceful life. I am a disaster.

He sighs deeply. I brought him problems too.

" Please stop thinking that way. We're friends, aren't we? Friends help friends so do I. " he comforts me, stroking my cheek and smiling faintly.

"Your girlfriend... She's right.."

"She's not-" he stops himself before he complete his sentence.

"What?"

" Nothing. She's not right. That's all." he acts weird now.

I don't reply.

" Suit yourself. Put your clothes inside the wardrobe, change clothing. Feel at home. Okay?" he smiles.

" Niall thank you so much. Really, thank you a lot. I.. I dont know how to thank you enough.."  I'm so grateful. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. He's just amazing. I don't know where I would have been right now if he wasn't there for me..Seriously.

"It costs nothing." he replies sweetly, wearing his warmest smile. He's so cute. "Good night sweety," he wishes me and I wish him back.

Niall's POV

I exit the room. I go downstairs to meet Miranda going back and forth, her arms crossed. When she looks at me, she stands still. She's really pissed off.

" Calm the fuck down," I growl at her, warning her.

"I cannot! What was that Niall?! Are you fucking serious?! " she screams.

We're going to my room.

" Why is she here?!" she shouts, this time her voice lower.

" She will stay long. So prepare yourself because this time I'm not kidding. "

" No." I enjoy her frustration.

"You're an asshole" she calls me out.

" You're a bitch," I fire back.

" You're the worst! I'm gonna be in every gossip magazine. Because of you and her. Especially her." she hisses. "She gets us in so much trouble!" she accuses Annie.

" I don't give a shit about you! Don't act like you forgot everything that happened before! " I scream more than I should.

" I hate you Niall," her eyes begin to water. "I hate you" she almost whispers and leaves.

*****

Annie's POV

I unpacked my clothes and filled the wardrobe. I'm done with that, so now I have to put my very personal things.. somewhere. Suddenly, the door gets wide open and I see Miranda's coming inside my..  the room.  She closes the door, she's being quieter than I would except to be. I don't know the woman, but she seems to be a bitch.

" It's all because of you." she blames me, while crying quitely. " Since he met you, he has changed a lot. What did you do to him?.. What?" her pain is shown, she lets little sobs and talks with a mean tone I can tell.. A dislikeful one..

" I didn't do anything, I swear we're just friends. Did you fight?"

" Who are you to ask me about my personal life? Who are you to come and destroy every good moment I had with Niall!? We were so in love until... you." I knew it. Damn it I knew it.

" We did nothing."  I emphasize the last word.

" You will! What's the difference!? "

" You don't know that!" I shout at her.

" You come to our house and you shout at me? Did your parents learn you how to respect and appreciate? I bet nope." she laughs. Enough I heard.

" Don't ever speak about my family because you'll have a huge trouble." I warn her.

" I'm scared" she laughs making fun of me.

" The one who laughs better, laughs last." I say.

" You destroyed us shity. You destroyed us. Shall we thank you? Or act like nothing's going on?"

" You destroyed me." I am in the edge of putting her on the floor and give her the lesson she needs.

" If something happens between you two the next days I'm away, you're done in every domain. I'm serious. You don't know where you came to hide."

" I'm not hiding."

" Why don't you go to your house?"

" What's going on here?" Niall butts in.

.....

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

86.1K 1.3K 54
[also please read note below] Samantha Williams is just a simple girl living in Dublin, Ireland. She was just walking around the streets of London wi...
17.9K 681 48
Blair Collins is a spunky 19-year-old who desires to follow her wildest dreams and live life to the fullest, alongside her best friend, Delaney. Afte...
24.6K 841 59
Lily's life was as perfect as it could be until she lost her parents. She had nowhere to go and no one to share her feelings with. At this time, she...
173K 2.9K 33
"Love is like a staircase, it has its ups and downs, sometimes twists and turns, but in the end, it puts us where we want to be." ~Anonymus Lore was...