Chapter 4

"Annie?! What's up, w-why are you crying?!" I'm so worried about her and I can't bear to hear her crying. It breaks my heart and I don't know the reason.  " Please talk to me," I add, trying to make her speak. It feels like she can't even breath from her sobs...

"Niall, I'm-I'm home-less," her voice cracks in the word and she cries more. Oh god . "They kicked... They kicked me-meh out.. I-I"

" Don't worry sweety I'm coming to you, where are you?"

" Outside of it..Y-you remember?" she tries to calm down.

" Of course I do. Wait a few minutes okay? I'm on my way.." I end the call and run to take the car keys and my coat.

~ --

It's raining so hard outside. Damn it, she might be there alone on the pavement, alone,  crying and getting soaked by the rain. God, I have to rush.

Thankfully, her house isn't really far away from mine. I try to make it quick and the car speed is over the normal numbers that I should run the car especially when it rains.

Finally I reach my destination. She's standing under a tree but still she's getting wet. I kill the engine and run to her.

" Sweety," without any thought I hug her. She hugs me back and I hear her crying on my shoulder. " Shhhhh, don't cry.. I'm here." I take her two big suitcases and put them in the port-baggage.  "Go in" I shout at her enough to hear.  The rain gets heavier. I'm going inside the car too.

" Niall I'm sorry.. I-I soaked you and also the car..  Oh god" she's still in the crying condition ..

I interrupt her.

"I don't care about anything else right now, but you. Are you okay?" I already know the answer..

" No..." she puts her palms on her face covering all of it.

"Hey," I hold her hands and she turns to look at me. I put my one hand on her cheek and wipe her tears. " Shhh it's done sweety... I'm here for you now.. You can trust me.. Okay?" I stroke her cheek,  our eyes locked to one another's.

"I'm s-sorry..." she stutters. " I'm..You're....You're my only friend.. So I called you.."

"It's alright. You're gonna stay with me." I inform her about my will.

"Niall..No." she fights.

"Yes" I start the engine. "You're a friend of mine. End of discussion."

" But..."

"You'll stay until it becomes not necessary.."

" Your girlfriend.. What about your fans..? The world will learn." she's really sad and nervous..

" We'll keep it a secret.."

" There's always someone who betrays somebody..I'm so afraid.. "

I don't know why, but when Annie told me this, my mind automatically traveled to Miranda. I can't trust her at all. I know it's dangerous but...

"This is so dangerous... Niall.. " when I turn to look at her,  her eyes have taken a dark version.. She's really afraid.

" I can't let you in a dirty motel or whatever. I just can't.. This is dangerous as well." I feel her hand touching mine, the one located on the steering wheel. My gaze turns to the spot and back on the road. " I haven't other option.." my voice is softest than ever.

A weak smile is shaped on her face. "You're so caring, it hurts" she says dramatically, making the two of us laugh. This is Annie. The happy, funny girl I first met.