Chapter 25

Melissa's POV

Two months.

It has been two months since Annie and I came to live in this house and has been fun.

I got to know more about her and she got to know more about me. Her life sucked and mine either. She told me about everything, management, family, problems, thoughts. She trusts me and I trust her, we are already best friends and I'm very glad to be here for her.

Annie chats online with Niall every single day, every single morning and night and it doesn't feel like they are apart for thousands of miles away. They send kisses to the screen, they pretend to hug each other, but hug the screen. They are so cute together, I ship them hard.

Furthermore, the fans of Niall's band learnt that he broke up with .. Miranda? I don't remember exactly her name. They accepted his new relationship with Annie and everything's on the right path.

They are happy and that's the most essential point in their routine.

That they are happy.

"Did you guys end the call?" I ask of her, when she comes in the kitchen.

"Yeah," she opens the refrigerator, bringing out a water bottle. Then, she pours some into a glass and puts the pill on her tongue, swallowing it along with water immediately.

"What's up?" I put the magazine I was reading on the wooden table.

There are times like this that I get worried about her.

"Nothing, I'm fine." she fills the bottle with water and put it at the freezer.

"You're always fine but you take those pills like they are gums, in a daily basis..." I sigh, standing up from the chair.

"I just have some sudden pains in my stomach... That's all." she explains.

"How long?" I cross my hands.

"How long what?" she doesn't get it.

"How long this happens to you?" I clarify, waiting for a honest reply.  Niall had told me and it's been 2 months, so she would better tell me the truth. 

She thinks about it.

"Two months." she frowns. "I don't know." her fingers travel through her hair.

"Wh-"

"Good night." she interrupts me, blowing a kiss and going to her room.

This is a long time and it can't be just a flu. What if she has any ulcer in her stomach?

Why did we not pay attention on it,  whatever it is?

I look at the clock, it shows 0:25am. I should sleep as well, because I work early tomorrow. I work at a college here, teaching 16 and 17 year old students about psychology. I love what I do and I hope I do it well.

Annie has attended some classes of drama and that's what she wants to study. She wants to become an actress and her biggest dream is to take part in a movie or series of Hollywood. 

"Do you see her?" Niall shakes me, motioning at a girl with a white mini dress, who's walking some meters away from us. There's a lot of fog in front of her and I think we are at a forest, but the trees aren't green, everything's grey and black, apart from her white dress, which is the only thing that differs from anything else here.

"Yes, who's that!?" I flinch, looking at the girl and then Niall's pale and terrified face.

"She's Annie, why did you let her go?!" he grabs my shoulder and if eyes could kill, I'd be already dead now.