Chapter 28

Annie's POV

When you lie to someone, expect and accept the consequences. Since you start this bullshit, you have to know that there's a limited time of the other person's not learning about the truth; but this time is limited and expires.

The worst part of it all is that by doing this, all your other truths are doubted. All of your other truths aren't trusted anymore; just like the person who uses lies to hide the reality.

I chose to regret my choices and I guess it's time for the apocalypse. It's high time to reveal my dark secrets and worthless lies.

I told Melissa that she'd better go for a walk or something. We needed to be alone. I texted him the hotel address and the number of our room.

Moreover, I wear a cute mini light pink dress, which hugs my body perfectly. I had a long time to see him, I just couldn't wear pyjamas or casual clothes. My hair fall on my shoulders, I only brushed them and let them be fallen on my shoulders. I didn't really care.

It's like a date, but in a hotel room. Still, it's a date.

I look at the clock. It's 11:30pm. I think the concert ends at 10 but anyway. He should be here anytime now.

__

I've been staring at the clock since it showed eleven thirty.

12:40am it shows.

He didn't come. He won't.

My phone's ringing. I quickly pick it up, not even paying attention on the name.

"Yes." I say.

"Annie, it's me. What's happening?" Melissa's voice reaches my ears.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." my voice is so down, so small and exhausted. I want to be alone, I want to cry. He hasn't responded to my calls or messages.

"What do you mean? He's not there?" she snaps, upset.

"No. He never came." I reply, tears escaping my eyes.

"I'm coming right back." My dear friend promises and I hang up. I want to curl up in my bed, cry , fall asleep and never wake up again.

It won't be different. I'm gonna die soon, anyway.

And that's when I hear a light knock on the door and look up at it.

Melissa. It must be her.

I clear my face from all this mess and stand up, taking the handle into my hands and pressing it down to let the door open.