I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 29.

164K 1.4K 229
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

"So..."

"So..." I repeated, his intolerance was grinding away at my nerves.

"Coffee's good."

"You haven't seen me in years and all you can talk about is coffee?" I practically growled, I know I probably seemed like a bitch right now, but he was the one who wanted to meet up in the first place.

"Sorry, I just don't really know what to say." He admitted.

"You must have something in mind or else you wouldn't have shown up out of the blue." I stated.

"Why are you being such a bitch?" He almost shouted.

"Cameron I'm not being a bitch, I'm being honest. You never returned a single call or text, why now?" I probed.

"You want to know the honest truth?"

"I'm a big girl now, I'm sure I can handle it." I retorted.

"Fine then misses big girl, I didn't keep contact because hearing your voice would only make me miss you more."

"W-what?" I stuttered, my face smoothed out at his shock response.

"I missed you every single second we were apart."

"Okay, that's a bit creepy." I joked, hoping he took it the same way.

"I know, but it's true, you were nothing but good to me and I couldn't even return a simple phone call." He said stressing out.

"It's fine, don't worry." I said trying to lighten the mood. He looked up at me with his sympathetic eyes. He hadn't changed much, just grown a bit taller, if that was possible, he was well beyond six foot now. His hair had grown longer, he looked like he should be in some pop punk band with his long hair, skinny jeans and glamour kills shirt. "I have to go, my mum expects me home soon." I lied, I was on the way to Harry's but I didn't want to fill him in on the details, I know lying is not good for the soul but mines barely pure anymore.

"Since when do you listen to your parents?" He delved.

"Since I became more responsible." I said trying to sound convincing.

"You've changed." He stated before walking me out of the small coffee shop, however this time it was a high end one and it was packed, not like earlier.

"You haven't." I replied smiling at him and walking out.

"Well I'm off this way, I'll guess I'll see you around?" He asked.

"Okay, sure, how long are you around for?"

"As long as I want, I'm renting a place out." He replied smiling.

"Awesome, remember we always talked about living together..." I trailed off.

"Old times ay?" He said before enveloping me in a hug, he even smelt like a band member, don't ask how I know that.

"See ya around Cameron."

"You too, I've missed you." He said before slowly backing away.

"I missed you too." I replied smiling and finally walking away. I was now able to breathe a sigh of relief, that didn't go as bad as I thought. I walked down the streets, fighting back my urge to shiver through the almost winter air. I pulled my coat tighter around my body and my pace quickened as the light from the sun slowly faded and I was swallowed up by the darkness.

After what seemed like hours I reached the familiar residence of Harry. I didn't bother contemplating going in this time, instead I turned the door handle and walked straight in. I was hit with the warm air and the lingering smell of alcohol. I scrunched my nose up at the distinct smell, there was a punch around somewhere, the smell couldn't be disguised. I walked through into the living where a group of people were just sitting on the sofas. I thought this was supposed to be a party? I walked back out and hung my coat up on the end of the stairs since I didn't know if they had a coat rack or anything. I recognised pretty much all the faces in the living room, most of them boys. All Harry's gang of course and a few extras. I was glad Charlotte and her posy were nowhere in sight, I was not in the mood for drama. I was knocked out of my little thought bubble by someone stumbling out of the bathroom.

"Oh hey." Harry said a little flustered.

"Hey yourself." I said taking his cup out of his hand before he spilt it all over the floor. "How much have you drank?" I questioned, I could smell the alcohol on his breath from a few feet away.

"Only a couple." He slurred.

"A couple litres?" I joked.

"Something like that."

"Your liver is going to be fucked by the time you're twenty."

"Like you never drink." He said winking at me.

"I drink, however I can handle mine." I said smirking at him.

"We'll soon see about that." He said leading me to the kitchen.

"What the heck is in there?" I said turning my nose up at the green fish bowl in the kitchen.

"A little bit of everything."

"That's what I was afraid of." I replied before grabbing a cup and downing it in one.

"Woah stand back we got a hard core drinker here." He joked.

"Just wait and see." I teased.

"So how did it go?" He asked turning serious, I didn't realise people had a serious side to them when they were drunk.

"With Cameron?"

"Duh." He said sipping his drink, I rolled my eyes at his actions.

"Not as bad as I anticipated."

"See I'm smart, not just a pretty face."

"You keep telling yourself that." I said patting down on his head, man he has a lot of hair I thought.

"I have people to do that for me." He replied.

"So modest."

"Always, let's see what everyone else is doing." He said before walking in a not so straight line to the living room. Harry went and sat on Louis, is there some sort of bromance I don't know about? I thought. I took a seat next to Niall who was in the middle of devouring a packet of Doritos.

"Seriously where do you store it all?" I joked, I didn't really know why I was being nice to Harry's friends, I used to hate them all a couple weeks ago.

"In my pot of gold." He slurred, oh lovely he was drunk as well.

After sitting in there for five minutes I had come to the conclusion they all were. It wasn't much of a party because Harry's parents weren't leaving until eleven so everyone sat around watching Home Alone. I had a cushion thrown at my face three times for quoting scenes word for word, I can't help that I love that film. By the time the film was finished Harry's parents were heading out and the drinking was getting heavier. I was never one to shy away from free drinks so I drank to my heart's content.

"Are you drunk yet?" Harry said stumbling over to me.

"Not even close." I lied, I was feeling rather tipsy. A couple more drinks and I would be out of it.

"Liar."

"Prove it." I finished. "I'm not drunk." I stated.

"Beer keg."

"I'm not doing a bloody b-beer keg." I stuttered.

"You're drunk." He slurred.

"Am not." I said feeling the effects going straight to my head.

I managed to get out of doing a beer keg, in fact everyone did. Harry didn't even have one, he was just shouting it for the sake of it. The music turned up and the dancing started. More people showed up, still no sign of the blonde bitches though. I danced with people I didn't even know but I didn't care, I was drunk and having fun. Around 3am, people began passing out on the living room floor, but not me, I was full of giggles and wide awake. I had lost count at how much I had drunk or what I had actually drunk. I threw some guys arms of my shoulder and tried to walk to the kitchen. I reached the sink and stuck my head under the tap, I was in desperate need for some hydration.

"You do realise there's cups over there." Harry pointed.

"Too lazy." I said putting my head back under. After I was done I smiled innocently at Harry while wiping away the excess water.

"You know I barely got to spend any time with you tonight."

"We're here now." I stated.

"I know." He said before walking over and planting his lips on mine. The alcohol lingered on both our breaths but neither one of us were bothered. The make out was heating up at an extreme pace. Harry had begun biting away at my neck, I didn't care at the present that it was going to leave a mark. After he finally reconnected his lips with mine. I moved away from the sink area so we weren't leaning on anything, we both stumbled around the kitchen, our lips still not leaving each other's. We carried on throughout the hallway, I didn't even open my eyes to see where we were going. Before I knew it Harry's hand was in mine leading me upstairs, I wasn't even second guessing, I knew where this was heading. We reached his bedroom, he proceeded to kiss me against the wall, where we technically shared our first kiss. Slowly he elevated me and placed me on his bed. My mind was telling me this wasn't a good idea but for some reason I ignored it, I don't know why, it could be the alcohol or it could be I'm just letting go for once in my life.

The sun shining through the gap in the curtains was blinding me, making my headache even worse. Fuck being hung over, it sucks. I opened my eyes further so I was no longer squinting. I took in my surroundings, I realised I wasn't where I thought I was, this wasn't my bedroom, this wasn't my bed. There was a disturbance right next to me which caused me to be more alarmed than I already was, my mind was hazy from the night before, I remembered up to the part where Louis gave me a piggy back around the garden, everything after that was a blur. I turned to my right, I was planning on looking at an alarm clock but I was greeted by a sleeping body. Fuck. My first reaction was to lift the covers after a sudden chill was sent down my spine, I was wearing nothing and neither was he. I was in panic mode, this wasn't supposed to happen like this, your first time was supposed to be special with someone you love not a drunk action with someone your feelings are all over the place for. I desperately wanted to climb out but there was a small problem, I was next to the wall and I couldn't clamber over him without waking him up and also he had his arm wrapped around my waist holding me tight. I rested my head back down on the pillow and sighed.

"Fuck, don't do that!" I shouted as his eyes were now open staring at me.

"Sorry, you woke me." He said smiling at me, what was he so happy about?

"Sorry." I murmured. "Did we um..." I asked nervously.

"Yeah... we did." He replied in the same tone.

"We were, you know..."

"Safe?"

"Yeah."

"I'm not all bad." He replied.

"So we were safe?"

"Yeah." He replied.

"Do you remember any of it?" I asked looking him in the eyes.

"Honestly?" He asked, I just nodded. "No." He sighed.

"Me neither." I sighed.

"Do you regret it?"

"I regret getting drunk and doing it, your first time is supposed to be special you know?" I asked turning to face him.

"It was your first time?" I nodded. "Same."

"What?" I asked out of shock.

"You just took my virginity."

"My my Harry Styles, with your reputation I was led to believe you had gone around the whole school by now." I joked.

"I'm not that low." I chuckled. "What?" I couldn't even reply. "Not that bloody band again?" He joked.

"Low, All Time Low." I replied. "Sorry, I can't help it."

"We better get up before someone walks in." He started.

"Hey Harry do you get milk on – well this is sufficiently awkward." Louis said as he walked in and straight back out again.

"What were you saying?" I joked.

"C'mon I'm starving."

"Hey not so fast." I said as he tried pulling me out of bed.

"I've already seen you naked don't worry."

"You were drunk."

"I remember that." I rolled my eyes at his typical response. I followed him out of bed and flung on my clothes.

I had assumed Louis couldn't keep his big mouth shut because when we walked into the kitchen the chatting amongst Louis, Niall, Zayn and Liam stopped abruptly. I could feel them all watching us, I couldn't help feel awkward.

"Yes we fucked getting over it." I said startling them all but they all proceeded to grin at Harry, was that an extra bro point or something? They eventually went back to conversing while I was left to deal with my own thoughts. Where does this leave me and Harry now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 421 39
Maighlin Ross is a Junior (year 11) at Wakefield High school in a little town in Michigan. Her school doesn't usually get many exchange students but...
2.2K 233 48
Ellie Christiansan is an eighteen year old girl who moved to London with her friends. Then she meets some, interesting people in an, interesting way...
530 56 17
things don't always go the way you planned
2.8K 157 50
One day. One accident. Four boys. That's all it takes to change her world