The Purest Blood

By alysssssa

I blinked and he was in front of me, his breath hot against my ear. “I will be back for you, Katherine. Count... More

Prologue
You Can Go When Your Dead
Trust Me, I Don't Bite
Here Kitty Kitty Kat
Vampire Prince & Pure Blooded Human
Ice Water Dreams
Some Questions Are Better Left Unanswered
Don't Follow The Screams
You're A Vampire & Not The Kind That Sparkle
All Hallows Eve
Don't Look Into His Eyes
Bipolar Vampires & Healed Wounds
Wyntertide Solstice
The Prince's Prophecy
Still Alive, Barely Breathing
Everyone Dies Eventually
The Fight For Her Life
Little Miss Blood Thirsty
Trust No One
The Fine Line Between A Secret & A Lie
It's Nothing Personal

Betrayal

20.1K 320 37
By alysssssa

If you haven't read my message I recently posted on my message board, please go read it. It will explain why it took me so long to upload and what not. Thanks to all of the wonderful people who have responded to it. It's a beautiful thing when a stranger can care about another stranger. you all touched my heart!

=============================================================

Ch.15     (One of my all time FAVORITE songs/bands, listen to the song with the chapter)

What if you take a chance?
What if I learn to love?
What if, what if we start again?

Micah's pov
After some mind clearing hunting through the city, I eventually made it back to the mansion. I had lost my tie and jacket at two different points of the night and I'm sure I would hear it if my father saw me.

Strolling into the foyer, I entered to see no one there. A few broken pieces of various things were strewn across the floor. I made my way up the grand stair case and hung a left to go to my room.

The strange, unnerving feeling in the pit of my stomach hadn't gone away since I had left Katherine. It was my intuition, telling me something was wrong. But I knew if she was in trouble she'd ask me for help.

Or Nathaniel..

I got to my room before anyone could spot me and slipped in the door. Shutting it behind me, I sighed and flipped on the light. I heard Greyson's door open and close, meaning he had heard me come home and was coming to harass me.

Pain in the ass.. He opened the door and slipped in right on cue. When he turned to face me, I folded my arms and muttered, "What?"

Greyson had a stupid smirk on his face and he raised his eyebrows, "What took you so long?"

Peeling off my black dress shirt, I tossed it aside and slipped on a white t shirt. Leaning against the dresser I replied, "Went through the tunnels."

Greyson just shook his head.

"What?" I growled.

His eyes twinkled like they always did when he got in his playful moods. Squinting his eyes at me, he said, "You can't deny what you feel for her, man."

I had no response to that and I had no intentions of carrying our conversation on anymore. So, I pointed towards to the door.

Greyson sighed dramatically, "Aw, come on Micah! Don't be like that towards your own brother."

I grumbled, "You shouldn't have called her Ariadne."

"Oh, like she knows what it means. She's clueless, Micah."

"And I intend on keeping it that way as long as she's still human."

There was silence. "You know that vampire got away tonight, right?"

Whipping my head around, I boomed, "WHAT?"

And then, very faintly, I heard a whisper, "Micah.."

I stood stunned only for a moment, then my legs were running out of my room, past Greyson who was calling after me, and out into the night to find her.

=====================

Kate's pov

I didn't dream.

But I kept coming close to conciousness. And I would hear bits and pieces of conversations, the movement of bodies in a room, whatever room I was in.

I heard things in my head that I knew weren't real, they were memories. Maybe illusions..

Kitty Kat?

I wish you would stop calling me that, my name isn't Kat.

There was no response..

Meow.

I don't even like cats. I'm allergic. And they make me sneeze.

Here Kitty Kitty Kitty...

I hate you.

It was so dark all around me and my mind was fuzzy.

I willed my eyes to open but they refused. I could feel myself sitting, maybe in a chair. And my hands were bound behind my back, whatever holding them together was cutting into my skin.

I didn't move too much because it hurt my wrists, and I didn't want to make myself bleed for fear a vampire may be in the room and kill me.

My mouth felt dry and my tongue was sticking to the top of it. My whole body ached, and I felt weak, exhausted. The loss of blood.. I'd be willing to bet that had something to with it.

I tried to speak but all that came out was a grunt.

My eye lids were heavy, feeling like weights were tied to them but I finally forced them open. I blinked a few times to clear my vision, and my eyes adjusted to the dingy room I was in. It looked awfully familiar..

And then I remembered the dream.

This was the room from the dream with Landon and Nathaniel. Looking around myself, I saw I was sitting in an old wooden chair, with my hands bound to the back of it. My feet were tied together with a rope but I wingled my legs to bring back some feeling.

The table was sitting across the room and the lantern was lit on the wall. Looking down, I realized I was still in my shorts and t shirt, but they were filthy and had small rips in some places. My hair hung in front of my face, and it felt disgusting.

Oh, and there was dried blood on my shirt.

My throat tickled from the dryness and I coughed loudly, it echoed in the room. There was a faint shuffling sound coming from far away. My eyes darted across the room, looking for the source. There was nothing.

The shuffling got louder, fast. Faster than my mind could really comprehend..

Vampire.

Landon appeared in the doorway, his eyes down where he was fiddling with something in his hands. He stood there for a moment, and my eyes burned into him, daring him to look at me. His gaze flickered to where I was and he did a double take.

Surprise and excitement filled his face when he saw I was awake and he exclaimed, "Sleeping beauty awakes! It's about time! I didn't take THAT much blood from you, but you were all tuckered out."

Grinding my teeth, I stayed silent and kept my glare steady. My eyes strained to see what was in his hands but it wasn't until he layed it on the table did I see what it was. The silver of the blade glinted in the light of the flickering lantern.

Landon took a chair and swung it in front of himself, putting it on the ground a few feet from me facing backwards. Strandling the chair, he sat down draped his arms over the back. An annoying smile was plastered on his face as he stared at me.

He snickered as I glared at him. "So, Kate. How are things with you and the vampires in your life?"

My voice came out raspy when I spoke but I still managed to say it sarcastically, "Fine, thanks."

He pursed his lips and replied, "I'm going to let you in on a secret."

I raised my eyebrows but didn't reply. He continued, "I mean since I'm going to kill you and all, it won't hurt to let you know what a certain vampire is doing behind your back."

I didn't let myself react to the comment but a shiver of fear still crept up my spine. He strummed his fingers on his cheek in thought and then I felt a slight pull inside my head. I grunted, "Get out of my mind."

His face went blank for a moment and then his stupid smile was back. Landon cocked his head, "You dreamed about me and Nathaniel? So, you know we're working together then?"

I hadn't really been able to process that since after I awoke from that dream, he tried to kill me. And then I remembered.. "WHERE IS MY SISTER?!"

He was unfazed by my outburst and he brushed it off with a comment that made me shut up, "If you ask about her, I WILL kill her."

My lips sealed into a tight line and I chose not to speak, and instead to listen. His face grew serious and the things he said changed me, "So, Nathaniel? I almost feel bad having to tell you this. But, I've decided not to follow him anyways.

"He didn't change me. But after he came to your rescue at my office that first day I was changed, he came after me. Why, you must be wondering. Well, my dear, he's planning this big revolution."

Letting it process in my head, he paused. Then he continued, "It's against the royal coven. I guess he's feeling some kind of resentment towards them over the death of his lover? I think that's what he said, I was a bit distracted when he told me."

Nathaniel was plotting against his own coven? It didn't make sense.

"Oh, it will make sense when I finish. He has it all planned out."

I felt my heart drop to my stomach at the betrayal. It had all been a lie. He had faked it, faked his feelings for me and I fell for it like a fool. I whispered, "It was all a lie."

Landon exclaimed, "You mean his love for you? No, he really did fall for you. It was unintentional. He took the assignment of keeping you alive so that he could make sure he was the one that killed you, out of revenge. But then he really did fall for you."

This made the feeling in my stomach deepen, not only had he betrayed me, but I had betrayed him. I had promised him I would never fall for Micah.

Landon snapped his fingers in front of my eyes, which were brimming with unshed tears, "Don't cry, crying makes you weak. He's planning on taking you away, from here from the prince and the royal coven. He's hoping you'll come willingly and join his side."

The first thing that came to my mind, would I?

No. Not after everything that had happened, at the ball.

Blinking back the tears, I refused to let them fall. If these were my last moments alive, I wouldn't let myself break. I had to be strong.

Landon stood up and kicked the chair backwards and it hit the wall with a thud. He leaned over, putting his hands on his knees and getting in my face, "That's right, Kate. Be strong. Your life has been turned into a living hell because of these two worthless vampires, but be strong. Your parents were murdered in cold blood, but be strong. Oh and your sister has disappeared from you."

And then he got next to my ear and whispered, "But be strong, Kate. Because when I kill you, life as the world knows it, is going to end."

I didn't yell or scream at him, I didn't cry. I found an opportunity. He was standing with his legs apart, directly in front of me. So, I took my legs which he had tied together but failed to tie to the chair, and I used all the strength I had to kick him in between the thighs.

The reaction was instantaneous and he crumbled to the floor in pain. His face was full of furry and he clutched himself. I felt self-satisfaction for a moment and then Landon was up on his feet.

Before I could react, he balled up his hand and his fist connected with my jaw. There was an awful crunching sound and pain radiated in my mouth. The punch sent me toppling to the ground, still attatched to the chair.

I landed on the hard ground with a thud and my right side tingled from the impact. My head practically bounced off the ground and there was a sickening crack. My vision blurred momentarily and my head spun.

Laying there, I writhed in pain but had limited movement due to the fact that my arms were still tied to the chair. My cheek was pressed against the dirty floor and I saw thick, crimson blood beginning to form a small pool under my head.

I looked at Landon's face to see he had his eyes closed and his face was flushed red. Stomping over to me, he picked me up by my forearms and the chair arms, and sat me back down.

I saw I had small cuts running across the side of my right thigh, it must have scraped the floor when I was knocked over. There was only a very small amount of blood touching the surface of each one.

My head spun a bit from the sudden movement and I felt the hot blood running down my temple to my cheek. Landon's blue eyes were wild with hunger at the sight of the blood and it sent my heart racing.

I gave up faith in Nathaniel in that moment. He wouldn't come for me, he wouldn't save me from the man he was plotting with. It wouldn't make sense and I knew deep down, he wasn't the one looking for me.

Landon licked his lips.

Micah, where are you...?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

READDD! ----> song suggestions for future chapters? :) if I use one, I might give you a dedication :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 105 31
"Fuck off!" I yell, storming away. The nerve of that guy. It was a one night stand, I didn't marry him! I grumble as I plop into my car. Why was he...
2.3K 152 30
Nearly ready to escape the marriage I thought would be salvation, I return home to find that someone else has set me free by murdering my husband. **...
1.1K 74 13
(Completed Book One 🖤) They're sinful. Beautiful. Deadly. And more dangerous than the wolves who hunt us in the woods. Three Vampires rule our wo...
328K 14.7K 68
"No...Please," I begged; but he showed no mercy. "You can't escape now. It's time to go. Goodbye, Princess" He said as an evil smirk appeared on hi...