Whilst the boyfriends away

By kaylsxo

Here, there and everywhere with work my boyfriend Charlie is rather quick to make me his last priority, and a... More

Whilst the boyfriends away
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80
81.
82.
83.
Epilogue
Sequel?

56.

106K 1.4K 151
By kaylsxo

It's the following evening and I'm home alone with Charlie for the next couple of hours whilst Aston earns some overtime, so as promised I intend to tell him about the phone call from Jamie and hopefully get a few answers. I'm not feeling any more confident now than I did yesterday, and if I'm honest I'm a little worried about his reaction.

I chose to have the conversation with him whilst we cook dinner together, it might be easier.

"Have you got any plans for the weekend?" I asked.

"I don't know yet, why?" he replied.

"No reason, I was just wondering."

"I might go out with some more of the lads."

"Oh again, have I met them?"

"Probably at some point," he shrugged chopping some vegetables. "Why?"

"I didn't realise you had so many friends. I can't remember the last time you had a lads night out."

"There's only a few of us."

Thinking about it the last time Charlie had anything to do with these lads was before he got the job, so it's a bit strange that they're now back on the scene over a year later.

"I got a phone call from Jamie yesterday," I continued.

"What?" he frowned.

"Sorry, that's a lie. He rang your phone whilst you were sleeping, I thought it would be important so I answered it."

"You answered my phone?"

"Yeah, I didn't think you would mind."

"Hm, I'll have to ring him back later."

"He did leave a message."

"Do you want anymore vegetables chopped?" he asked trying to dodge the subject.

"No that's enough," I said taking them from him. "Something about your P45 being in the post."

"Oh."

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, that's nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded.

"Why is he sending it home then?" I continued to ask.

"It's complicated babe, but like I said its nothing to worry about."

"Are you getting paid for being at home?"

"Yeah, I'm on sick pay until everything is sorted."

"That could be months."

"I'll go back once I've been diagnosed and treated. Hopefully it won't be too long."

"If the doctor gets his arse in gear it won't be."

I started to put our sausage casserole together and watched as Charlie poured two large glasses of wine beside me.

"Here," he smiled passing me a glass.

"Thank you."

"Is there anything else to be done?"

"No, I'll keep an eye on this."

"Alright, well I've got some things to sort out on the laptop so I'll do that before dinner."

"Okay, it won't be long."

Charlie's reaction wasn't exactly what I expected, he had an answer but I thought it would be a little more detailed than 'its nothing to worry about." I don't know what else I could have asked without giving the game away.

Aston arriving home fifteen minutes earlier than planned he walked straight past Charlie in the lounge to talk to me in the kitchen.

"Hiya," I smiled.

"Hey, are you alright?" he replied.

"Yeah fine, you?"

"Not bad, how did it go?"

"Not very well, I couldn't get much of out him."

"Oh," he mumbled.

"I'm having a top up," Charlie said appearing behind us quietly to fill his glass. "Do you want anymore?"

"Not just yet," I replied.

"Aston?" he asked.

I nodded to him hoping he would accept.

"Go on then," Aston said.

The bottle very nearly empty Charlie returned to his laptop leaving us to finish our conversation.

"He's on his second and dinner hasn't even been served yet," I frowned.

"I didn't realise he was such a big drinker."

"There's a lot of things I didn't realise about him."

"Hmm. I'll talk to you properly later."

I nodded smiling.

Dinner now ready I served up sausage casserole for three and sat down at the table beside Aston and opposite Charlie, the most awkward time of the day.

"Are you busy at work?" I asked Aston.

"Yeah, there's some overtime up for grabs this week. I'm gonna take that to make up some hours," he replied.

"You can't afford to lose anymore considering all the sickies you pulled last week," Charlie muttered.

"That's why he's doing overtime," I added.

"Is there not any light work you can do?" Aston asked in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm getting sick pay, whats the point?" Charlie replied.

"It's not as good as a salary, besides you must be bored."

"I've got people and things to catch up with."

"Right."

"Have you been to see your family yet?" I asked.

"Not yet, but I've been in touch," he said.

"Oh."

Every evening seems to be the same just lately, before Dubai it would be who is left out as the boys talk football, but now I'm trying to make a conversation about anything I can. It's a horrible atmosphere.

"I'm going for a bath," Charlie said getting up from the table and leaving the empty plates behind him.

"Okay, we'll clear up," I said.

Ignoring my comment he locked himself in the bathroom across the room.

"Dickhead," Aston muttered.

"This is going to be harder than you thought, ever since that night his mood has changed."

"He's sulking because you haven't fallen at his feet like you thought he would."

"Either way."

"It will be fine, we will just have to keep questioning him until he breaks."

Sometimes I'm sure Aston thinks this is a 007 mission, minus the violence. Not that he would condemn it.

After putting all the plates away in the dishwasher and clearing the work surfaces we sat down on the couch together hoping to find something decent for once.

"Did you mention anything about Jamie saying he's sacked?" Aston asked.

"No, I didn't think it would go down too well," I said with the remote in my hand.

"How did he react?"

"He just said its nothing to worry about, I thought he would get angry if I kept questioning. It's not my business anymore."

"He didn't even explain?"

"It's complicated apparently," I shrugged.

"Right," he sighed.

"Sorry, I was a bit wary."

"No, its fine babe. It's not your fault."

"I'm trying to help but you know what they say, don't kid a kidder."

"Hm, well whatever it takes."

I smiled weakly.

"I meant what I said you know, I'm doing this for you. I still want us to move out together," he said.

"Really?"

"Course."

"Do you think it would work?"

"Well we live together now."

"Hm, it's weird enough to think I live with my exes boyfriend and his exes best mate never mind tell people."

"What about just your exes best mate then?"

"My friend?"

He shrugged.

"If only it was that straight forward."

"It can be, once this is all sorted out and Charlie is out of the picture."

"How do you mean?"

"I mean I really like you babe."

"Aston," I blushed.

"No, I really do. I think your amazing."

"I'm far from amazing," I frowned.

"But you're everything I want in a girl."

"What happened to no complications? No feelings?"

"I thought you had already broke that rule."

I giggled as he smirked in front of me.

"It didn't really go to plan did it?"

"It would have boring if it had."

"I suppose it would," I smiled.

"Come here," he whispered.

I hesitated but shuffled closer towards his lap, one of his hands holding my waist and the other at the back of my neck his lips were soon attached to mine. Gentle at first I then kissed him back expressing all the tension we've had this last week or so, I can't deny that I've missed the intimacy with Aston. We parted our mouths and began to caress each others tongues slowly getting lost in the moment. I ran my fingers through his hair moaning quietly as I felt the passion.

"I've missed you," he whispered.

I grinned against his lips nodding in agreement.

Kissing him again something suddenly caught my eye behind him. I parted and noticed the bathroom door handle rattle.

"Charlie's coming," I whispered pulling back and arranging myself just as before.

"Shit," Aston murmured moving away.

"Stupid thing," Charlie moaned swinging the door open. "It keeps getting stuck, has anyone looked at it?"

"No, I didn't realise. I use the en suite," I replied.

The luck of that handle being broken!

~♥️~

Comment below and vote for more :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663 54 16
Ok so I'm not the prettiest girl out there, but that doesn't give you the right to treat me like shit! Hi I'm Jessica Mills this is the story of how...
379K 10.4K 31
"Skylar I'm asking u to give us a real chance . I know I screwed up but I'm asking you to take a chance and start over ......What do you say ?" My bo...
3.8K 67 27
♡ Weekly Chapter Releases ♡ My wedding day. The happiest day of my life, right? Wrong. I made it this far so why is it so hard to force these words o...
682K 41.9K 34
{ Highest Ranking 👉🏻 #1 in Spiritual/ Islamic love story } I felt hurt seeing him in pain, pain, which wasn't so obvious to him. // .... Emotions o...