Bad Romance(Book1)

By IWriteThings90

"It's all just a dream...surrender to it...escape until every inch of your body screams with pleasure." >>Cla... More

Chapter 1-Clarabel
Chapter 2-Day 0
Chapter 3-Stranger Things Have Happened
Chapter 5-Late Night
Chapter 6-Ella
Chapter 7-More Meetings
Chapter 8-Running Away
Chapter 9-A Gift
Chapter 10-The Talk
Chapter 11-Little Brother
Chapter 12-Stroke of Death
Chapter 13-Anka
Chapter 14-Free?
Chapter 15-Bonding
Chapter 16-Say It Louder
Chapter 17-Lost
Chapter 18-Fashion Week
Chapter 19-A Constant...or Not?
Chapter 20-The Love of a Leto
Chapter 21-Ireland
Chapter 22-Home
Chapter 23-Happy Birthday
Chapter 24-Crash and Burn
Chapter 25-A Lesson in Morals
Chapter 26-Do You Really Want...Me?

Chapter 4-Jared

212 12 3
By IWriteThings90

People want to hear songs with the words they're afraid to say...

Jared

"Oh look who decided to show up on the radar. You fucked her didn't you?", asked Shannon with a big grin on his face.

"I have, obviously. Gave her a good Leto fuck. Or two. Or twenty.", I replied with the same grin on my face.

"You're different. You're not too convinced about it.",noticed Shannon sipping from his coffee.

"She is different. It's not just a fuck this time."

"Don't tell me you like her?", asked Shannon confused.

"I like her because she is smart. I can actually talk to her without hearing the words 'oh Jared' every two seconds."

"But you like to hear them in bed."

"It's the only place I wanna hear them in.", I replied.

"Are you gonna see her again?"

"Don't think so. Will keep in touch with her though. She is classy and smart enough to hold a conversation."

"I don't know about you bro but I like them dumb and pretty. It's not like I'm gonna get married any time soon."

"But you like Jessie. You're different when it comes to her.", I said.

"She's sweet. I like her, but we both know we will never fall in love."

"She kept you in check for the last years didn't she?"

"She has, and she doesn't mind when I mess around with someone else."

I always wondered if there was someone out there that could ever make us fall in love. That could ever make us tick.

Clara, she was a stunner. A perfect ten from head to toes. She was smart, beautiful and witty. But she lacked a lot of things that I was in love with. Adventure. Standing up for herself. For the love of God she was marrying someone she didn't love.

"You know we have to find a new assistant Mirka is pregnant.", said Shannon waking me up from my thoughts.

"What? How the fuck did that happen?", I asked nervously.

"Well...it's a long story involving a lot of complicated positions.", replied Shannon innocently.

"I've told you a million times not to fuck my assistants.", I replied drily.

"Don't worry she won't be keeping it. We discussed about it."

"You know how hard it is to find good help nowadays. And Mirka was really a good assistant."

"I know but when you chose them like that...it's really hard to keep it in your pants, you know."

"I have to ask her to organise an interview. Not that again. I hate having to let her go. Next time keep your affairs in check okay?", I said angrily.

I was a bit disappointed having to let Mirka go. She was always there for me. The good times and the bad times. She had an innate sense for business and she was like a pitbull when it came to defending the band's image and the brand.

I called her in the office and made her a cup of tea.

"How are you feeling today?", I asked handing her the cup.

"Shannon told you, didn't he?"

"He has. And I have to say I'm very surprised. I didn't think it would happen."

"Me neither. It just did. I'm so sorry Jared. I'm well aware of what will happen. And I take full responsibility for that."

"It wasn't meant to happen like this.", I said looking straight at her.

"I will start looking for a replacement. And Jared?", she said leaving the cup of tea on the table.

"Yes Mirka."

"I have to take today off to sort the issue..."

"I'll come with you. No one has to go through this alone."

I knew it wasn't a good feeling having to do what she had to do. In my opinion she could've kept the baby. But I also was well aware that Shannon wouldn't want that responsibility. And it would fall on me. And I didn't have the time to juggle with that responsibility.

A few days later Mirka managed to fit a couple of interviews in my already filled up schedule. She took it like a professional that she was. My mind was wandering in a million places, the only thing that I couldn't erase from my head was the expression she had when she came out of the clinic. The pain and the confusion. She didn't shed one single tear until she got back to her little apartment.

I stayed in her place that night and told her to let it all out. It pained me to see her in pain. And that was one of the days I thanked God for making me a man.

"Ella Pierce here to see you.", said Mirka announcing the fifth and last candidate of the day.

She looked a little confused so I asked her to come in before she let Ella inside.

"What's wrong?", I said taking Ella's folder from the pile.

"She looks different than the pictures. Very different. I think it's a waste of time."

"Well you chose her."

"Her resume was spotless. Comparing to the other girls she was by far my favourite. But I'm having second thoughts now."

"Well, might as well finish off with this interview as well. I hated the others.", I concluded.

"This is the last one. If she isn't the one then...I really don't know who else would be qualified for this."

"The last one? Are you serious?"

"Very."

"Okay. Let her in."

From the second I saw her I burst into laughter. She was quite tall, with an athletic, yet curvy figure, her dark hair all tied up in a messy bun on top of her head. Her eyes were a deep brown and she felt really uncomfortable to be here.

After a quick browse through her resume I noticed she was very good with numbers, scheduling and managing a business and a lot of various other things. Mirka was right, she looked nothing like her photo. This woman looked broken down. Her clothes were far too big for her, she wore no makeup and she didn't even smile. I also noticed the big dark circles around her eyes and the fact that she gritted her teeth.

"Hello miss Pierce. Nice to meet you. My name is Jared. Have a seat. Tea, coffee, water, juice?"

"Likewise. And nothing. I'm fine.", she said taking my hand into hers.

I noticed the marks on her wrist and immediately realised that I had in front of me someone with major issues and not the woman with the calm, friendly smile I saw in the photo. I decided to give her a chance and hear what she has to say.

"So, miss Pierce, you have a faint idea I hope of what I am looking for.", I said, taking back my seat.

"I do."

"What makes you think you're qualified for the job?"
"I would rather let my actions speak for themselves instead of serving you a nicely folded package of words."

"Good enough. Although your look and attitude today doesn't make you look like you're quite interested in the job."

"True. But if I would have worn a pair of Prada shoes and a smart suit and if my hair would've looked nicer, would've that made me seem more interested? I know this job involves a lot of sleepless nights both at home and in the office, running errands and this is what I would wear in the comfort of my own home."

"Fair enough. How old are you?"

"Twenty six. I just turned twenty six three days ago. But my age shouldn't be a problem. I have a vast experience in my line of work..."

"Did you have a birthday party?", I heard myself asking.

She looked me straight in the eyes with the almost the same pain I saw in Mirka's eyes. Only this pain went on a more deeper level. She kept it professional though.

"No."

"From what I see here, you are very qualified for this job. But I still have second thoughts in hiring you."

"It's no problem. I'm sorry for wasting your time Mr. Leto. Have a great day.", she said standing up and holding out her hand.

I was taken aback by her reaction and determination. As I showed her out of my office, I called Mirka back in.

"That ended quick.", noticed Mirka.

"Yes. I've decided to hire her."

"Really? She looked like a train hit her when she came out of the office."

"I think I may have struck a nerve with her. But I do want to hire her."

"Ok I will forward all the contracts and details and call her in tomorrow."

"You know you can still come here until you find a new job."

"I know Jared. I have to make sure your new assistant knows everything she needs to know anyway."

"Thank you."

I have no idea how the last few weeks passed. But I know Ella has been in and out of the the office. And I also found out from Mirka she spent a few nights in the office. I still called Mirka to do all the heavy lifting until Ella got accustomed to everything. Until I didn't see Mirka anymore. That change was brought to my knowledge by Shannon.

"Who is that?", he said pointing at the door.

"Who is who?"

"The little Rottweiler from behind that door."

"Ella. She is my new assistant. You know I had to replace Mirka."

"Jesus she is stiff as a brick wall. And what the hell is she wearing?"

"I didn't notice. She was quiet as a mouse. Stiff, what are you talking about?"

"She didn't even look at me."

"Well, that's how an assistant should be right?", I
said smiling back at Shannon.

"Ok let's go for lunch. I've been meaning to discuss with you about Jessie."

"This will be interesting.", I said laughing.

If I didn't know Shannon better I would've thought he would be a big kid for the rest of his life. But it turned out in some matters he had his head screwed on a lot better than me.

As we stepped out I noticed Ella towering over a pile of files and talking over the phone. She said a quick 'Hello' and went back to what she was doing.

I couldn't be happier for that. The last thing I needed was someone who would be flirty and naughty and just try and make a move on either of us.

"See that is what I'm talking about! No sex appeal at all.", said Shannon.

"I like her. For some reason."

"So how's your little Irish friend? Did you talk to her since?"

"Yes apparently she got married. And her husband is one of the guys our company is doing business with."

"Well I'll be damned. And you fucked his wife. Joke's on him now.", said Shannon laughing.

I let out a giggle as well and patted Shannon on the back as we exited the office.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 834 28
When her paranoid, violent ex-husband gains custody of their eleven year old daughter Shelby, Lanie McCarty knows she has no choice but to rescue her...
1.7K 171 14
"Are you okay?" "I'm fine, aside from the staples in my head. But, are we okay?" "You fell down the stairs, cracked your head open, got staples in yo...
338K 12.5K 80
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
938K 51.7K 66
How very noble of you, Mr. Lockhart. I don't need your help. I can do just fine." I retorted. "I'm a lot of things, Victoria." Tyler said leaning aga...