Crossing Enemy Lines

By lala_cutiepie273

Saphire and Gabriel have always been at one another's throats since day one. They've argued a lot and the rea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Science Class
Chapter 3: Tennis Buddies (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 5: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 6: Let's play Pt. 1 (Saphire's POV)
Chapter 6: Let's Play Pt. 2 (Scarlette's POV)
Chapter 7- The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One
Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)
Chapter 9- The Morning After
Chapter 10: Alone...With Him (Pic Of Saphire)
Chapter 11- Prep-Rally (Gabriel's POV)(Pic of Gabriel)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt.2 James POV (Pic of James)
Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)
Chapter 14: The Breakthrough (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 15: All by myself... Not!
Chapter 16: Gabriel vs. Drey (Gabriel's POV)

Chapter 4: Early Awakenings

768 16 13
By lala_cutiepie273

Chapter 4: early awakenings

Another morning, another problem. I knew just by the fact that I woke up early on my own something bad was going to happen. It may not happen today, it may not happen tomorrow, but it will happen by the end of the week. I can feel it in my young, yet old bones. It’s like a family gift; we can sense when bad things happen. Apparently I got mines early; you’re not supposed to get it until 16, I got mines at 8 years early bitches. I realize it’s unusually quiet and not just because Scar is asleep. Oh yeah Kimmy, she’s sleeping too.

Well if I’m up this early might as well start getting ready for my classes. I started styling my hair, which is difficult. I wasn’t born with that bone in girls bodies that make them an instant hairstylist. Ugh why can’t I have a brush like the one in Barbie and the Pop star? That way I’d just have to say a code and boom, fabulous hairstyle in a heartbeat. That would make my life so much easier and cut preparation time in half. Also I wouldn’t have to spend so much money on going to a salon.

I looked in the mirror. And for some reason Gabriel comes to my mind. I remember the other day when I carried him to the nurse things were so intense. I don’t even know what was happening. It was all just moving too fast and whatever. I mean I’m supposed to hate him aren’t I? This is just too weird. It seems like you don’t hate him as much as you thought. Ah and Kimmy awakes. I’m being serious; I’ve never felt anything like that before. Maybe it’s how hate is supposed to feel. Or is it love? Who knows, there’s only a really thin line between the two.

To be honest I don’t even know how it feels to love or hate someone. Well I don’t technically hate anyone; just dislike or strongly dislike, sometimes even terribly dislike. Honey you are one serious nut job. Don’t I know it. Gosh life can be confusing. Eventually I snapped out of my thoughts and continued to do my hair. I’m feeling stylish so I decided on pigtails; the come down to the middle of my back. Also I threw in a bang for effect, awesome right. As for clothes I settle for a black t- shirt that says “If you can read this shirt, then you’ve invaded my personal space” black skinny jeans, and my black converse. What can I say, I feel like wearing black today.

When I was done I went to wake up Scarlette. It's time she found out just how I feel when she constantly wakes me up every morning. Ok so maybe this is better than slashing her tires. I know right. I really need to stop talking to myself in my head. Although since no one except Scar and my other bestie know about Kimmy, people usually just feel I’m deep in thought. Anyway back to the matter at hand. Exactly how should I do this? I looked down at my BFF; she looks so peaceful in her sleep. All the more reason you need to wake her up. I bet you look peaceful in your sleep too. Yeah I bet I do.

I pulled open the curtains to let the light in. All she did was groan and turn over in her bed covering her face with her comforter. I walked over to her bed and started bouncing up and down on it. This is payback for waking us up early on a Sunday. Sigh revenge could be so sweet. It can even be sweeter than candy even. Now Kimmy’s rocking out to ‘I want candy’. Ha I love that song.

“Wake up, wake up, wake up!!!” I screamed as loud as I could.

She got up to face me "What the hell is your damn problem Saphire." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Now you know how I feel when you wake me up every morning. Not a nice feeling is it."

She scowled at me. I’m guessing she’s sick and not liking the taste of her own medicine. Ooh that would have been a cool thing to say out loud. Man I hate those moments when you think of something you should’ve said and it’s already too late to say it. Life truly sucks sometimes. I wonder if I should say it now. No you have to wait until she says something and then comeback with that.  You know what Kimmy’s right again for the second time for the day. This is very uncharacteristic for her.

Then she got up and smiled. "You know this means war right.” she stated. Whenever Scarlette and I go to 'war' things never end pretty. I think it's because we take things way too far and way to serious. OH now’s my chance.

“What are you sick and don’t like the taste of your own medicine?” Ooh that was sweet really sweet actually. You bet it was. I mentally gave Kimmy a high five.

“What did you spend all morning thinking of that?”

“No, why, is that the best comeback you have? You know I think you’re losing your touch.”

“Ouch you’re up early and you’re snappy. What has gotten into you lately?”

“Life my sister, life.”

“I know it’s so hard.”

“That’s what she said.”

This immediately caused the both of us to fall back on the bed with laughter. We are known for our clever “That’s what she/he said” jokes. They never seem to get old; they actually keep getting better. There was this one dude who just kept giving us too much ammo to fuel our jokes. We actually got kicked out of class once because we used it on a teacher. Yeah those were some nice days.

“Hey Saphire can I ask you a question? Of course I can. Anyways what exactly happened to you yesterday? After you came back from dropping Gabriel to the nurse you were acting so weird.”

Oh, I wasn’t really expecting that question. What should I tell her? If I tell her the truth more than likely she’ll want to do some digging and I’m not really up for that right now. Beside it’s not like I know myself. And if I told her we almost kissed she would have a field day with that.

“Oh nothing really, something he said just reminded me of something and it caught me off guard that’s all.”  I decided on this statement and a sad looking face. It pays to be a great actress sometimes.

She looked at me with concern. “Was it something that reminded you about… you know?”

I knew what she was talking about and this got me in a real sad mood. “Let’s not talk about this anymore ok?”

“Alright, but you know this changes nothing we’re still at war.”

"Oh then it is so on,” I laughed. We both knew what was about to go down.  An entire month, or however long, of us scheming, back-stabbing and double-crossing. Funny thing is at the end of the month we just shake hands and pretend nothing happened. We got a weird friendship like that and I wouldn’t change it for a thing.

Just then Scarlette's phone rang. "Hello,” she said chiming into the phone. At that very moment her smile faded. "Oh, ok,” she replied to the person on the phone. I just knew something bad was going to happen. Scar hardly ever gets upset. Well other than if it’s for shopping, family, or me. She does consider me family, but still puts me in a different category.

"Scar what's wrong", I asked. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. You should have just laid your lazy behind back in bed if you knew something bad was going to happen.  

"I- it's nothing don't worry about It.", she lied. Something was definitely wrong. I could feel it in my bones. I want to let my curiosity get the best of me, but I decide against it. I mean if I don’t want to talk about my problems how can I expect her to?

Obviously seeing the worried look on my face she wiped away any tears and said, "Like I said before: this changes nothing we're still at war."

Leave it up to Scar to lighten up a room of tension. "Oh hell yeah. This war will be one to go down in history. Our great grand babies will hear about it. As for us my dear friend we will be looked to as heroes, goddesses even. We will make this one of the best wars EVER," I said in my dramatic voice. We both started to laugh. It was nice. I know that she will tell me if anything is wrong when she’s ready. So for now I did what she said and didn't worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone this is yet another chapter!!! J Hope you enjoy it and please comment and vote. Continue reading my fellow Wattpaders :D Thank you also if you haven't already i hope you fan too. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 246 30
[complete] #2 "This isn't amusing. You're smiling, and your face is all bruised and bleeding. Is that not putting you in more pain?" Ren shifted on h...
17.9K 1.1K 6
Winner of First prize in Best Two/Three shot story in Abhigya awards 2018... Marriage is a sacred bond... What will happen to the lives of three peop...
36.7K 1.8K 63
Gabriel and Gyan were college sweethearts, and they thought they had found the love of their lives. Then Gabriel got an opportunity in Australia, and...
23.7K 1.5K 54
Shannon Dugray and Quincey Mason are like cat and dog. However, there may be something more behind their constant arguing. Shannon has sworn she woul...