Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 62

4.2K 118 33
By NatalyCanez

Ryder's POV

Amazingly the project I was involved with a while back, what's your magic, has had great feedback and because of that more and more people are asking me to show up to events and do collaborations. Today Hannah and I have been planning my whole traveling schedule for these events for next week. I am excited but I'm not happy at the idea that I have to
be away from Harry, especially since we got back together but everything will work itself out. It always does and that is highly comforting.

"Hey baby, do you want me to go pick you up?" Harry asks through the phone line as I walk down the sidewalk. The wind is a bit chilly, blowing my open trench coat back as I try my best to button it up with one hand while I hold my binder and bag with the other arm.

"No that's-." I groan bumping into someone making them drop their camera onto the floor.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I say urgently, looking up at the man that I bumped into. His back was facing me,with the hood of his dark blue jacket over his head.

"Here, let me-" I start to say stepping forward to bend down and pick up his Canon off the ground but he refuses.

"No it's okay. I got it." He bends down picking up his camera before continuing on his way and I continue to watch as he walks away with no second glance back to me.

"Ry? Ryder?" Harry voice speaks through the phone trying to get my attention. "Baby, you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here." I reply slightly distracted, as I blink after the man who was starting to disappear into the small crowd of pedestrians while I remain still in the same spot.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Harry asks, sounding a bit anxious and demanding.

"Yeah, I just bumped into someone that's all." I say letting out a deep sigh before adjusting my belongings in my arms. "Anyways, no I don't need you to come and pick me up. I'm actually going to go do some more schedule planning at the nearby cafe by the office. Katie is back from her trip so she is coming to meet me there and we are going to catch up on a few things."

As I say the words I vaguely wonder if I should tell Katie that Harry and I were shortly broken up and if I should also mention the cause to that. She is my best friend, I know she would understand and I also know she won't judge.

"Okay. Well tell her I said hello and have fun baby. Call me if you need anything."

I smile. "I will."

This week has been amazing, things feel like they are going back to how they were before but possibly better. However for some reason I feel like Harry is starting to get stressed out from work and it's starting to worry me. Whenever I ask if he is okay he says he is fine but I know better and I hate seeing him this way. We have been planning on having a date night ever since we got back together, but these past few nights Harry has been coming home late from work so I have to either call Katie on the phone or watch Netflix to entertain myself. But even then, I still can't make the worry go away.

Harry coming home late, or not messaging me right away when I text or email him scares me. It makes my heart rise up in my throat at the fear that something might be wrong, either him getting into a fight with the work colleagues he has mentioned to me before, or the fact that they are out on the street trying to catch someone. I trust Harry that he knows what he is doing, I trust that when he doesn't reply back to me it means that he is busy but it's the fear of not knowing that drives me insane and has me on edge.

I sigh, starring down at my phone as I sit tucked up in bed waiting for Harry's response. Giving up I turn and place my phone down on the beside table, as I do I see Harry's copy of Romeo and Juliet.

Hmm, maybe reading will make the time go by.

Smiling, I grab the book and adjust myself so I'm sitting back on my pillow before opening up the book to a random page; but when I do I see yellow stripes covering certain parts of the printed lines. I knit my brows.

What is this?

Quickly I place my thumb on the edge of the book and skim through the pages noticing more yellow stripes on a few other pages. It takes a moment for my mind to make the connection. Harry wasn't lying when he said he began highlighting his book.

Flipping to the beginning of the book I read the first highlighted passage, which is one that I wasn't expecting.

ROMEO:
He jests at scars that never felt a wound.

Frowning, I stare at the quote trying to figure out why he choose this one as his first and then it clicks. All of the pain Harry has felt; the sorrow and self loathing, the incompleteness in his life, he has been made fun of and hardly taken seriously by the people around him.

Feeling my heart break open for my troubled yet beautiful man, I continue to the next selected passage.

ROMEO:
Is love a tender thing? It is too rough,
Too rude, too boisterous, and it pricks like thorn.

Without a smear of doubt I believe Harry highlighted these lines on one of his unfortunate and  numerous dark days; a day were he felt love is just a sick painful game like fire. It's beautiful and warm but deadly.

JULIET:
..."Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name, which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

ROMEO:
I take thee at thy word.
Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized.
Henceforth I never will be Romeo.

My lips pull into a smile remembering this scene quite clearly in the book and how it parallels to the night Harry snuck into Shawn's backyard and climbed up to my bedroom window. That night was rough. Now that I know the truth about Harry, I realize that his name and the part of him that he has kept hidden from me have been the real trouble from the start, which makes this passage a lot more fitting.

That night I was heartbroken and conflicted of how I was feeling. I was frightened that my father would find out and take Harry away because I loved him so, I still love him, and he was more than willing to do whatever it took for us to be together just as much as I was for him because even though Harry didn't know it, I was already his.

JULIET:
...My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep. The more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.

My heart melts at these words because this goes both ways. I give Harry all my love and he gives me his, our love is a never ending cycle and just keeps on growing like a snowball rolling downhill.

ROMEO:
Amen, amen. But come what sorrow can,
It cannot countervail the exchange of joy
That one short minute gives me in her sight.
Do thou but close our hands with holy words,
Then love-devouring death do what he dare;
It is enough I may but call her mine.

FRIAR LAWRENCE:
These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume. The sweetest honey
Is loathsome in his own deliciousness
And in the taste confounds the appetite.
Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow.

This passage seems more of a reminder of the people who have doubted our love from the start and I bet Harry chose this to shadow on how his friends might have acted to how quickly we were smitten with each other. But nevertheless, even though I was doubtful in the beginning as Harry might have been, I honestly don't care what other people think. We are taking things our own pace and if other people don't like it then screw them, it's none of their business anyways.

Harry is my Romeo; my unsettled, passionate and devoted man. Maybe our story is a wild card, but I have no intention on letting this become a tragedy.

"Baby girl...Ry..."I hear a voice whisper, as a hand rests over mine, skimming their thumb over the back of my hand.

I stir and blink my eyes open, slowly focusing my vision. I am laying on my side in bed, the side lamp still turned on, dimly lighting up the room. I divert my eyes and they land on Harry who was sitting beside me on the edge of the bed still dressed in his black shirt and dress pants with a grey tie around his neck.

Oh..I feel asleep.

"Hey baby." Harry smiles leaning down to press a kiss on my cheek.

"You're home." I smile, still feeling a bit groggy. "I was waiting for you but I was reading and fell asleep."

"It's okay." He mutters giving me a small nod while smiling fondly at me.

"I'm glad your home." I say turning my hand over in his to give it a squeeze. "Now come to bed with me."

Harry nods before looking away from me, his smile slowly disappearing from his lips. I frown as seconds go by and he continues to stay were he is.

"Harry, what's wrong?" I ask, my voice quiet but concerned.

"I have to tell you something." He says, still not looking at me.

I shift a little in bed, to give him my full attention. "Okay, I'm listening."

"Your dad and I, we were pursuing some people today and one of them got away."

"Are you worried?" I ask waiting for him to look at me but he doesn't. Seemingly slow seconds  tick on by before Harry purses his lips into a line while looking down at me.

"It was Nathan."

"What?" I gasp, quickly sitting up and releasing Harry's hand. "How did that happen? How did he escape?"

"It's really not that hard." He sadly mutters, his voice filled with shame, looking down at a random spot on the bed before meeting my eyes again. I say nothing but frown and look down and away from him.

How is it possible that Nathan is out? What does he even want?

"Why didn't you tell me? Hiding things from me has been the root to all of our issues." I say after a beat, as my fingers start to pick at the soft duvet on my lap.

"I'm sorry,baby. I just did not want to worry you." Harry says apologetically and I could feel his gaze on me but I don't dare to look up.

"Harry, you know how Nathan is." I frown. "You of all people must know how brutish and conniving he is."

Tears quickly well in my eyes as my mind goes back to the night I was taken from Shawn's charity event. I could still practically feel Nathan's cool hands running up my legs before caressing my thighs, his lips moved roughly against the skin on my neck and swollen parts of my breasts that were not covered by my bra.

My body involuntary shivers as the tears in my eyes escape and fall down my cheeks before I could even stop them.

"Hey," Harry says reaching over gently grasping my chin. Through blurry vision my eyes meet his and I could see his face scrunch up with pain and quilt.

Harry furrows his brows. "No no, don't cry. Come here."

He shifts closer to me on the bed before helping me scoot onto his lap. Both of his arms instantly wrap around me as I rest my head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what he did." Harry says gently rocking us back and forth, his cheek resting at the top of my head as I let out a few sobs.

This has to be a dream. This has to be.

I don't want to be taken away. I don't want Nathan to hurt Harry. No, no this can't be happening. Why didn't I realize how much of a disgusting arse Nathan was from the beginning?

I close my eyes shut and grasp onto the thin material of Harry's shirt.

"Evan I think you had enough for tonight." I mutter, standing a few feet away from him in the living room. I was dressed in my red plaid sleep shirt, with my hair down in it's natural loose waves.

"Enough? Who are you my fucking mother?" He spits, before taking a swing of his beer while leaning further into the couch, his arm draped along the back. I frown briefly looking down before my eyes move over to the coffee table scattered with empty bottles of beer and used cigarettes in an ash tray.

"Evan, please let's just go to bed. I think six beers is enough and-" I let out a loud gasp as he quickly stood up from the couch.

Evan lets out a frustrated noise past his lips while tossing his beer onto the floor making the glass break. Immediately my eyes widen as he quickly strides the few paces between us, taking hold of me by my upper arms and shoving me against the wall. I let out a small groan and wince as a thud echoes off the wall at the harsh impact.

I swallow and stare up at Evan's dark, bloodshot blue eyes with my hands folded in front of my chest, his fingers digging into my skin. Slowly as the heart thumping seconds tick by, the murderous scowl on his face diminishes as tears pool in my eyes.

"No baby. I'm sorry." Evan breathes, the scent of alcohol and Camel cigarettes filling my nose.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He continues, releasing his rough grip from my arms taking a step closer to me, so his body is practically pressing against mine.

"I'm sorry." He repeats, pressing his forehead to mine, while one of his hands move up to touch my cheek. I remain mute, trying to gather my wits and blinking my tears away.

"You know I love you. You just made me angry..."

Oh so it's my fault?

"I love you baby. I love you." He says pressing a kiss on my nose. "You know I'm the only one who does. I love you." He says once more before his lips press against mine.

I shake my head, pushing back the memory. How naive could I have been? Nathan didn't love me at all. My father and Shawn were the ones that truly loved me.

"Stop crying my love. I can't bare it when you cry." Harry says tightening his grip around me. "I never have, not even when you fell on the pier down at the beach when your dad was trying to show you how to rollerblade." I laugh, a small laugh but a laugh nevertheless.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you. I promise."

I sniff. "You make a lot of promises to me." I mutter with a tiny smile.

I feel his head nod. "Yes I do and I intend on keeping every single one."

"But seriously," Harry says pulling back to look down at me, before moving one of his hands to gently cradling the side of my face. "I'm going to take care of you."

"Who's going to take care of you?" I counter.

Harry tilts his head giving me a small smile.

"I'm serious." I whine. "What if you get hurt? What if they place a bomb on your car or throw a grenade at you like last time? What if-"

"As long as I have you. I am taken care of."

"Why?" I ask, his statement not making any sense to me at all.

"Because you are my life." He simply replies, in a soft voice. I blink, astonished by his words. "If I don't have you, I have nothing. They might as well kill me than spend a day without you. I have gone nearly a week without you and it has truly been fucking hell."

New tears well in my eyes, feeling taken of guard by the sudden news of Nathan and all of the possibilities of what could happen, but most of all by Harry's sweet sincerity.

"I love you." I manage to mutter, feeling a lump in my throat.

Harry chuckles. "I love thee more."

My lips pull into a smile as he leans down and pressing his lips to mine. I have no clue what will happen but right now we are okay and that's all that matters.

Lazily I open my eyes and the first thing that they focus on is Harry, who is already awake, laying beside me on the left side of the bed while looking down at me. His right arm was folded back behind his head while his other hand casually rested on his torso and even though I just woke up, his sculptured upper body on full display has me... well let's just say my body is having a positive response.

I give Harry a smile reaching up to cover my face with my hand, blushing.

"Why are you watching me sleep?" I ask with a small laugh as I drop my hand down.

"Because," he replies with smile. I roll my eyes before scooting over pressing a kiss on his cheek. As I pull away Harry puckers his lips, waiting for me to kiss them but I shake my head. Harry lets out a small gasp, as his jaw drops.

"Why not?" He playfully whines.

I try to hide my smile as I scrunch up my nose. "Cause you have morning breath." I tease, and I am aware that I surely have it too but it's fun messing with him especially in the morning.

"Morning breath?" He repeats, the side of his lips pulling into a smile. I nod.

Harry narrows his eyes.

My eyes widen and let out a squeal as Harry quickly moves to hover over me. Resting his knees on either side of me, the sheets tangled more than they already were between us, reaching down he begins to tickle my sides.

"No!" I squeal before erupting into laughter.

"Say your sorry."

I laugh, while shaking my head. "No."

"Harry stop!" I giggle, trying to push his hand away and wriggle beneath him but it was no use. "Harry please stop."

"Are you joking?" He asks, his voice laced with humor as he continues his torture.

"Harry stop! Fuck, okay! I'll kiss you!"

His hands stop immediately before he leans down pressing his lips to mine. Once he pulls away, he is gazing at me with soft pale green eyes filled with contentment.

"Thank you. Now I can go brush my teeth." He winks pressing a kiss on my lips before standing up off the bed.

I shake my head and my eyes greedily follow him to the bathroom admiring the contrast of muscles on his back as he walked and it's now that I realize he looks a tad bit different. His body looks more toned, his shoulders a bit broader...he simply looks larger. I bite my lips together feeling all giddy inside and shake my head while reaching over to grab the remote from the bedside table.

After watching a bit of television, I decide to shut it off just as soon as Nathan's mug shot appeared on the screen by the morning local news. Swiftly, I get out of bed, my white buttoned up night shirt falling back down to my thighs as I walk barefooted to the bathroom.

Opening the door I am a bit disappointed when I see that Harry has already taken a shower. However, when I see him leaning over one of the double sinks as he shaves with just a towel wrapped low around his waist I am no longer bothered by it.

"You took a shower without me?" I pout after I shut the door behind me, before walking across the steamy bathroom towards him.

"I'm sorry. I thought you wanted to  sleep in more." He replies bringing a towel up to his face to dry it after rinsing off the shaving cream.

"You smell nice." I comment and he smiles, placing the towel down before reaching over grasping my hips.

"Come here," he says tugging me towards him.

I grin placing my hands on Harry's chest before he leans down pressing his lips to mine. Leaning down a bit I feel his fingers slip beneath the hem of my shirt before placing his hands on my outer thighs slowly moving them upward. Once my shirt reached up to my hips, he lifts me up and places me on the counter.

"What are you doing?" I giggle as he parts my legs apart before standing between them.

Without a word his soft lips press against mine again and I reach up, placing my hands on his smooth cheeks before shifting them to the hair on the back of his head. I let out a small content groan as he tugs me towards the edge, our lower bodies pressing against each other.

Harry's POV

"Harry..." she laughs against my lips as I try to kiss her, making me smile." W-what has gotten into you?"

I pull back pressing a quick kiss on her cheek then one on her jaw, as my hand rests on her thigh, gliding over her soft skin.

Gosh, I have missed her so much.

Pressing a kiss on her neck, I wrap my other arm around her back to pull her against me, so our bodies touched each other's and I dread the thin material of her shirt that's separating our skin from touching. As soon as the idea floats into my head, I lean down and nuzzle into her chest. She squeals as I shake my head, making the dampness of my hair wet the front of her shirt. I pull back smiling widely at her. Ryder shakes her head and looks down at what I did, her black bra now on full display.

"Why'd  you do that?" She asks, trying her best to sound annoyed but failed.

"Well now you have no reason to wear this shirt for." I shrug before reaching out and picking her up off the counter.

"Ah, Harry!" She yelps as I toss her over my shoulder. I chuckle and gently bring my hand down and slap her behind.

"Hey!" She whines as I turn to walk out of the bathroom. "Harry, what are you going to do?"

I chuckle. "Hopefully you."

Ryder's POV

Today Harry has the day off work considering he worked Sunday when he wasn't supposed to, so we are looking forward to spending the whole day together then go and visit my father in the evening because Harry has mentioned to me that he has been a bit distracted at work lately. Maybe it has to do with Nathan's escape, or the annoyance he has on not being able to catch The Sinister yet.

"Thank you for breakfast." I smile, wrapping my arm through Harry's, before snuggling briefly into his side.

"Your welcome." He replies placing the dishes into the sink. I pull back to look up at him. Harry smiles at me and I stand on my toes pressing a kiss on his lips.

"Now, I'm going to go do my hair before it dries and gets all frizzy." I say pecking his lips once more before stepping away and releasing his arm. I turn and take a step but feel Harry lace his hand around mine.

"No. Come here." He softly demands tugging on my hand to turn me around before pressing his lips to mine. I blush, smiling against his lips as his hands move to caress my waist, taking a step forward so my lower back hits the counter.

I giggle as he leans down to pick me up before setting me down on the polished marble while connecting his lips back to mine. Harry stands between my legs, pulling me close to the edge before leaning forward making me lay down.

"Mmm...no this isn't going to work." I say against his lips.

"What? Are you breaking up with me?" He asks playfully, starring down at me with humor in his eyes.

I laugh. "No. I mean the sink sex."

"I'm like the tallest person in the world. The height is perfect." He grins before his mouth finds mine once more.

"No, take me to bed." I smile, completely throwing the priority of doing my hair out the window.

"Come here." He says scooping me up off the counter making me squeal, wrapping both of my legs around his waist. I laugh as he turns and set me down on the kitchen island, my back resting against the cool marble.

"How about here? This is better." He says with a playfully wide smile, tugging me towards the edge as before. I giggle and feel my cheeks heat up more as he presses our lower bodies together allowing me to feel him causing butterflies to move around in my stomach.

"No, this is not better." I laugh while hiding my face with my hands, briefly shaking my head. I place my hands down and Harry presses a kiss on my lips before picking me back up, rushing over to the living room.

"Ah no!" I yelp, hiding my face in his neck as he approached the couch, spinning around before sitting down. He laughs as I pull away from him, adjusting myself on his lap, placing my knees on either side of him.

"You are terrible." I shake my head before lowering my mouth to his,moving one of my hands to rest against his cheek.

"I've missed you so much." Harry breathes, briefly pulling from my lips.

"Me too." I smile before kissing him again.

Harry's lips move slow but deep and savoring against mine. I move my hand from his cheek into his hair as his tongue slides into my mouth. I groan adding my other hand to give the roots of his hair a gentle tug, as his hands slide up my sides, rising the hem of my shirt a bit so his thumbs could skim lightly over my skin.

"I love you." He mutters pulling away to kiss my lips, then my cheek before turning his head to lick at the spot just below my ear. I let out a moan, closing my eyes as my hips involuntarily grind into his making him groan.

"Take it off." I breath, feeling his hands slide further up my shirt. Harry nods pressing a kiss on the skin of my neck before he pulls back and removes his hands from underneath my shirt.

"Hey, I didn't say you could stop kissing me." I pout and he chuckles as I grasp his face in my hands claiming his mouth with mine as his hands swiftly began to undo the buttons on my shirt. Once my shirt is undone he rests his hands on my stomach before sliding them over to my sides them up my back.

"We are hopeless, acting like some hormonal teenagers."  He comments against my lips. I hum in agreement before kissing him once more. I shift a little in his lap, placing my hands on his shoulder before slipping one up into his hair as his mouth moved against mine. Teasingly, I grind my hips into his making him groan once more.

Click.

"Hey Harry, I have to tell you something and I think it's-" Harry and I quickly pull apart from each other and glance over to the entry way of the living room, seeing Niall come to a sudden stop, eyes wide. I feel my cheeks warm as I sigh and quickly move off of Harry.

"Niall," Harry scolds, whining at him.

"You two should really get a room."

"This is a room." I say holding each side of my shirt, one over the other, to keep my chest covered as Harry stood up from the couch.

"Yeah, living rooms don't count darling." Niall says, playfully narrowing his eyes at me.

"Niall, why'd did you barge into my house?" Harry sighs. "Again."

"Cause I have something important to tell you."

I hum. "Well, I'm going to go...and leave you two to talk." I say glancing over at Harry.

Harry shakes his head. "No, you don't-"

"It's fine." I say turning around walking toward were Niall was standing to head over to the stairs.

"Ry, do you want me to...uhh...maybe..." Harry mutters fumbling with his words, trying to offer something to me so I don't feel awkward by the situation or rejected.

Harry's POV

"No." Ryder simply replies and I watch her step around Niall before heading up the stairs. I sigh once more, and focus my attention on Niall, scowling at him.

He gives me an apologetic smile."Sorry."

"It's fine." I shrug, crossing my arms over my chest. "So what did you want to tell me?"

"I know I'm going to ask a very stupid question but have you seen or heard from Zayn at all?"

"No. Why?" I answer curtly.

"Well we haven't seen him since the day he tried to..." he trails, and I remain mute and impassive, waiting for him to tell me what the point to this conversation is.

"I mean I get we aren't speaking to him but it's not like him to disappear."

I shrug. "I don't think it's nothing to worry about. "

"Well he does like to play games." Niall reminds me.

"I know." I nod.  "I'm still keeping an eye out. No one knows him better than I do." 

The weather is getting a bit chillier, autumn is finally out of sight as winter is starting to step in. The London sky is filled with more grey clouds than usual and the breeze is cold enough now to the point where you need to wear scarfs and gloves. After a quick lunch and a bit of time spent down at the park, Harry and I arrived at my dad's house. Unlocking the door with my key I stepped inside as Harry trailed right behind me before shutting the door. Lacing my hand with his I follow the sound of my dad's voice and walk us towards the kitchen but immediately come to a stop when my ears finally take in the words that were being said.

"Look I'll call you tomorrow." Martha speaks as Harry and I linger over in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Yeah sure. I believe that." My dad replies back in a sarcastic tone making me furrow my brows.

What is happening? Where is she going?

"What are you talking about? There is no reason to doubt me."

"Oh well I'm sorry but it's hard to believe you considering that you haven't talked to me all day. Or the past week for that matter."

Martha scoffs. "Yeah, you are one to talk."

"What is that suppose to mean?" My dad asks, his voice defensive and suddenly an uneasy, sick feeling starts to grow in the pit of stomach with the direction of this convesation.

"James, I don't want to talk right now okay. I'll call you tomorrow." Martha says excusing herself from the conversation and my heart spikes as I hear her footsteps come closer but then I'm reliveved when they stop and my dad speaks.

"You don't get to dictate this." He sternly says. "I  have to talk to you and I am not letting you leave until we do. You shutting me out like this is wrong."

"Baby," Harry whispers beside me, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. "Maybe we should go...we can come later." I shake my head. No, I have to know what is going on.

"James just stop I can't deal with this shit now." she replies back and I hear a jingle of keys.

"So what, you are just going to walk away? You are going to leave after I told you the truth about what you wanted?" My father questions. " Ryder needs her mother she-"

"I know she needs her mother! But I'm not her! If Ryder had her then she wouldn't be so messed up." Martha snaps back and my heart sinks. I feel Harry's arm wrap around my waist.

"Ry, come on let's-"

"Stop."  I whisper to him before focusing back on their conversation.

"My daughter is not messed up."

"Oh really? Then what do you call someone who has been coming home and high almost every night just  a week ago?"

My spirit dies a little more, and I blush embarrassed that Harry had to hear that.

"Martha, she-"

"I don't want to live like this James."

"Honey, look I'm sorry okay? I promise I'll try to come home earlier and spend more time with you but please just try to understand-"

"No, I don't want to understand. I  don't want you to promise me anything James! How can you not get that!" Martha exclaims, letting her anger fuel her words. "I am tired. I am tired of you being up late at night waiting for her  to get home because you have no clue where the hell she is or what she is doing!"

"You knew what you signed up for when you married me. When you married me you accepted both Ryder and me. She is my daughter, what do you expect me to do?Just drop her like a rag doll?"

"Ryder is twenty one years old James! She is acting like a damn teenager."

"Oh well I'm fucking sorry that my daughter didn't graduate high school when she was fifteen then went to some damn high end university like Shawn did!" My dad hisses back. 

"You know what, that's not even the point to all of this."

"Then what is?"

"I am done James."

"What?" My dad snaps in disbelief. "Are you joking?"

"No I am not. I'm tired of pretending that I can be a mother to her and you adding pressure to me to do so isn't helping. Her mother leaving hit her hard, and you expect me to fix that in about five minutes!"

"What are you talking about?! I have done no such thing." My dad shouts annoyed. "Stop hiding and tell me what the fuck is going on because-"

"There is someone else James." She admits, and my eyes widen.

"What?" My dad breathes, shocked. "Martha, please tell me you are joking."

"No. I am not."

"How- what," My dad pauses. "What do you mean there is someone else?"

"I am leaving James, I have found someone else." Martha repeats and as sad as I feel hearing those words I can't help but feel my blood boil. 

"Why? Why would you do this? You know I love you and-"

"Where?"

"What?"

"Where is your love for me because lately I have not seen it. You have more love for your damn case files then you do for me."

"I am trying to do my work Martha. I bust my ass trying to earn a living, tyring to set things right for the mistakes I have made and to give my daughter the things that she needs."

"And that's the heart of the problem. You are busting  your ass to give your daughter the things she needs rather than all of us."

My lips part realizing the issue; me. I am the isssue, I am the issue just like before and suddenly I am the six year, heart broken little girl in Brighton again.

Author's Note:

Hello my beautiful babes! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for not updating in such a long time. I'm just spending most of my time trying to write ahead and also working on my new story called The Art in Each Other. Promise, I have not forgotten about you guys.

Now, in case some of you have not heard the fanfiction awards have come back around! Since I have received such amazing feedback on this story I was hoping you all could do me a favor and help it get nominated into the fanfiction awards. All you have to do is go to thefanfictionawards and search for this year's book and head on over to the second chapter. Then make an inline comment on the categories you would like to nominate me under, but you have to write the story name AND my username in order for it to count. But also you can only nominate one of my stories once, on the same category.

For example, if you want to nominate Enticing for Best Harry Styles fanfiction you can only do it once. So if you are then you would write an inline comment under that category as: Enticing @NatalyCanez

Here are the categories any of my stories can fall under:
Best Harry Styles fanfiction, Best overall fanfiction, Best sequel/trilogy/ series.

Thank you soooo much for all of your love and support you guys are the best! Xoxo

P.S: What do you think of Harry highlighting Romeo and Juliet?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

939K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
5.6M 82.5K 62
After Skylar Cowell's mother died, her father turned into the opposite of who he used to be. After some horrific events, Skylar is sent to live in Lo...
24.4K 490 20
"Look lanky boy, I'm not going to fall for your fuck boy tricks that you used on the cereal box this morning" I say staring deeply into his eyes "Oh...
869K 15.5K 51
Five boys, one gang. Many against them. Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne are one the most feared gangs in London...