Falling For You In Cape May

By PagesInBetween

Different worlds, Different circumstances, Fate brought them together, But will they remain there? More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
FORTY
Author's Note

THIRTY NINE

7.8K 311 15
By PagesInBetween

Maine

"Oh wow! Maine that dress is gorgeous." April gushed as I show them my Valentino vintage lace wedding gown.

"I know. I am so excited to wear it." I tell her, carefully touching the delicate and intricate Chantilly lace. We are inside one of the bank's meeting room in New York where my wedding gown and my mom's jewelries are kept for safekeeping.

RJ and I decided to bring the family to New York to spend the week before New Years there. We are all staying at my townhouse. It is a tight squeeze, but we were all able to manage.

Lowlow and Lowla are staying in the big guest room, April and Riza in the smaller room while MamaTen and Dad are sleeping in a separate airbeds on the second floor living area.

"I have a treat for you girls."  I tell Riza and April.

"What is it Ate?"  Riza asked.

"I scheduled an appointment at Kleinfeld's today so you can get your dresses for the wedding."  I replied.

"Oh shit!  Maine seriously?"  April shrieked.

"Wait, Ate ano ba yung Kleinfeld?"  Riza asked April.

"Riza, it is the wedding shop in New York!  By appointment lang dun. Doon yung show na Say Yes To The Dress! I am super excited, parang ako na din yung ikakasal!" April exclaimed.

"Ha ha ha.  That's why I showed you my gown first so you'll know what to get."  I tell them. 

I love it when my girls gets excited.  So far we've been shopping almost everyday since we got here in New York. 

I asked RJ if we can have a girls day out today, and after hours of whining he finally agreed.  Him whining and pouting and giving me the sad eyes, I feel like I am taking care of a five year old sometimes.

"So girls are you ready to shop for a bridesmaids dress?"

"Of course we are! Let's go!" April shouted excitedly.

I finally decided, after searching the internet for ideas, that I wanted a Lilac Gray Vintage Lace and Pearl Themed Wedding.   RJ and I already had a video meeting with two wedding planners and so far both are promising.  Tonight, I scheduled two more. 

"Welcome to Kleinfeld's,  how can I help you?"  The receptionist greeted us.

"Hi! Yes,  we have an appointment for 2PM, under Maine Mendoza-Mancera."

"Oh yes! We are expecting you. Please have a seat right here while I call the consultant that is assigned to you."  The receptionist lead us to a small sitting area.

A consultant name Amanda came to help us with the dresses. When I told her that I am wearing a Valentino vintage dress, she was impressed.

She set us up on one of the plush couches in front of a huge floor length mirror. She took both girls in the fitting room to try the dresses she initially picked before our appointment.

I would really love that glass of champagne Amanda offered us, but baby here is more important. I rubbed my belly and sighed.

After parading a total of sixteen dresses Riza and April finally decided on a sweetheart sheath lace gown by Amsale. It was really a nice choice, so classy and the nice thing about it, is that it's available in a  shade close to lilac gray in the store. After measuring them to give it a nice fit, I paid for the dress and was promised that it will be available for pick up two days after New Years.

I can already picture us standing in front of the altar with the rest of the small entourage.

"Hi babe!" I said answering my phone.

"I miss you." I heard RJ sighing on the other end. He is so clingy and I love it.

"I miss you too babe, we are done bridesmaids dress shopping, I really wished Lowla joined us today, we could have picked up her dress as well." I tell him.

"I know babe, but lola has a friend who is a seamstress. She makes all her dresses. She did tell me though that you can help her pick the style for her."

"Really?" I replied.

"Yes, so maybe when you get home later, you can start helping her." He stopped for a bit and let out a "I wish you were here sigh" and then asked, "Are you coming home now?"

"Not yet babe, we will still get the shoes remember?."

"Ugh! Okay, dad and I are cooking dinner so make sure you come home on time okay?"

"Okay babe, oh and I'll get dessert, I love you."

"I love you more." He replied.

"I know but I love you more too."

"Good. Be careful now, okay?" He said sweetly.

"I will babe. I'll be home soon."

"Is that Kuya?" Riza asked as I hung up.

"Yes sweetie, you need something from him?"

"Nope, but Ate, he did tell me that since you are paying for our dresses, he is getting our shoes, including yours so, he is paying okay?"

"Yes ma'am."  I saluted.

We went to Christian Louboutin's shop and got our shoes there.  The shoes that I wanted is not available in my size, the Indera, but the associate told me that I can order and it can be shipped to wherever I want.  It will take four weeks.  So I ordered and had them ship the shoes in the Philippines address. 

Riza and April went for the Very Rete and were very happy with their choice.  Riza said that she will start wearing it around the house so she can get used to the high heels.

We ended up buying a couple more shoes and  decided to go home after.

~~~~~>•<~~~~~

"I hope the family is enjoying their vacation babe."  I asked RJ, leaning my head on his shoulder.

RJ, Lowla, Lowlow and I are sitting on one of the tables by the window of The Rock Center Cafe.  The rest of the group are enjoying ice skating at The Rink,  so far I saw MamaTen's butt hitting the ice a couple of times already. 

RJ was skating too, but came in ten minutes later after because 'he misses me,' he said.

I wanted to skate,  but I was outnumbered when everybody, including Riza, said no.

"Of course they do babe." He replied, kissing the top of head, pulling me in.

"Yes apo,  ang sarap ng bakasyon na 'to.  Lalo na para sa amin ng lolo mo.  Hindi na kasi kami masyado nakakalabas e."  Lowla answered. 

I didn't realize that she heard what I asked RJ. 

"Oo apo,  nag-eenjoy kami. Huwag kang mag-alala.  Masaya itong pasko na ito kasi nakasama namin ng matagal itong si RJ.  Dati rati kasi mga dalawang araw lang, tapos trabaho na s'ya ulit."  Lowlow tells me and then gazes at RJ.

"Pasensya na po Lolo, sobrang naging hectic lang po talaga yung schedule ko.  Pero kinausap na po ni Sam ang management,  babaguhin na po nila ang schedule ko, drastic change po talaga when it comes to my schedule.  And besides po, due na ako for another contract renewal with them kaya po maraming changes talaga ang mangyayari."  RJ said, rubbing my arms.

"Mabuti naman kung ganoon apo, mag-aasawa ka na and magkaka-pamilya na din.  Kaya yung priorities mo, dapat mag-iiba na din." Lolo tells him.

RJ and his grandfather never really gets the time to talk, and so I know he really cherishes it when he is given the chance.

"Yes po lolo.  Eto na po ang priority ko ngayon!" He said happily, kissing the top of my head again.  "And eto!"  Touching my tummy.

"Babe,  I feel a tiny bump now."  He tells me, pressing a little.

"I know.  I felt it too this morning."

"Mas lalaki pa yan kapag nag five months na yan apo."  Lowla tells me.

"Excuse me, sir.  Your food is ready,  should we serve it now?"  Our waiter tells RJ.

"Oh yes, please."  He replies.

"I'll call them babe."  I tell him.

"No, I'll do it.  It's wet over there, I don't want you to slip and slide." Giving me that, "don't even try to argue with me" look.

"Oh-kay."  I sighed, leaning back on my chair. 

If RJ was protective and cautious of me before, he is more overprotective and more cautious of me now.

"Iha," Lowla started, touching my hand, "you should know by now that your future husband is a very protective man. Actually, all the Faulkerson men are like that. They take care and are very protective of what belongs to them. Your lolo and my son are like that too. You should just learn to get used to it."

"Lowla, I am fine with it. I find it endearing actually. Keya lan-g pow sometimes, I forget na I am not alone now. I have RJ and the baby to think of.  You are right pow lowla, I just need to get used to it." I smiled.

The waiter appeared by our table and started laying plates of food. Since we started late, we ended up coming here to Rockefeller Center to see the iconic Rockefeller Christmas Tree,  have fun at The Rink, and eat our dinner here at the café.

Later, we will be walking to Times Square because lowla wants to see it at night and also because we will not be able to come for the ball drop on New Years Eve.  

I told Riza, April and MamaTen that they should go, but RJ wouldn't have it. "Wala kayong kasamang lalaki, hindi pwede, dito na lang tayong lahat sa bahay" were his words to them. And so it's a no.

~~~~~>•<~~~~~

New Years Eve and New Years Day was fun.

On New Years Eve, because it's not as cold, RJ set up the grill and we had our own New Years Eve party at the townhouse rooftop. Earlier that day, MamaTen and April went with RJ and I to a Filipino store and to Chinatown to get the essentials for the celebration. 

Although we didn't have fireworks, we settled on some noisemakers and sparklers we bought at a party store. We all dressed up and party.  We are all having fun. Riza took a lot of pictures and posted it on her Instagram account. I read a few comments when she told me about it but eventually, stopped midway because it is just way too much. I am glad that RJ's fans are slowly accepting me as part of the picture.

The next day, New Years day, given that most of the attractions and stores are closed, the family just opted to stay at home and relax.

It is indeed a very relaxing day. Everyone is gathered on the second floor living room, watching the Annual Tournament of Roses Parade on TV, all cozy and comfortable.

April and Riza are lying on the the plush carpet under the snuggies, Totoy is snuggling with them, while MamaTen is, again, dozing off on the wingback chair.

I scan the room and look at my family. I have them now. And I can't wait to start a life with too. I will miss them when they all go back home. They will be leaving in three days, except for MamaTen who will help me pack for the wedding and for my initial move. He will be leaving with RJ and I two weeks after. I am still in the process of packing for the big move to the Philippines, but for now we will just pack a few of my clothes and some essentials.

I let out a long sigh and leaned my head on RJ's shoulders. I am sitting with him on the loveseat,  his arms cradling and massaging my lower back while I busied myself reviewing the wedding planners we already interviewed so RJ and I can decide which one to hire. We finally agreed to have the wedding a month from the day RJ and I arrives in Manila. It is going to be a very tight schedule but RJ wanted it that way.

And that is the reason why we really need to decide on the wedding planner. They already know about the very tight schedule and they all assured us that they can do it.

"Babe, I think this planner here is a good choice.  She answered all my inquiries really well and didn't get starstruck when she saw you.  I think she can be trusted."  I tell RJ, showing him the screen.

"Oh yes,  I like her too.   She has the most experience when it comes to higher-profile clients and when I read the reviews of the events that she already handled,  all are good praises."  RJ replied.

"Babe,  can you make that a little harder please.  It just feels really good."  I said, referring to the massage.

"Do you want to go up and lie down instead?"

"No, I want to stay here with the family."

"Okay." 

I snuggled on his side and made myself comfortable.  He kissed the top of my head and started massaging me again.

~~~~~>•<~~~~~

"Maine, your signature is needed." I heard MamaTen yelled out from the front door.

"Okay pow, I'm coming down."  I yelled back.

It's just me, him and RJ in the townhouse now.  It has been a week since the family left and we have another week left to finish everything that needs to be taken cared of before we fly to the Philippines.  After dropping the family to the airport the three of us went back to Cape May to finish some business there.  RJ has already settled the lease in the Willow Mansion and has turned over the key.  I've already said my goodbyes to Annie and the rest of the inn's staff.  

After signing the tablet, I handed it back to the courier as MamaTen closes the door.

I tear of the envelope and check the documents inside.

"What is it babe?" RJ asked as I scan the letter.

"Oh great!"  I exclaimed.  "This is what I've been waiting for.  I got the certification for Totoy! He can fly with us. I've registered him as a service dog. I'm sorry babe, but I can't just let him stay down in the cargo when we fly to Manila."

"Oh of course babe, good thinking!" He tells me.

He has been really supportive of everything I wanted when it comes to this move. I crossed out a lot things in my to-do list and so far, it's really just to finish packing, which MamaTen has been very hands-on. I am so glad that he volunteered to stay behind and help me.

I am still feeling nauseated a few times and RJ made me promise to slow down.

I had my wedding gown packed by a professional so it won't get damaged and is now sitting with the rest of all the wedding  stuff.  Since all of us are flying business class and I am willing to pay extra, the airline agreed to my request of having four additional bags to go in-flight with us.  I don't want to risk losing it.

The wedding planner was chosen and has started with the wedding preparations. She is doing an amazing job updating us everyday. The church was reserved and the hotel for the reception was booked. Save-the-dates were sent out to most of RJ's guests and the airfare tickets for the Hanson's were already purchased.  I've asked the wedding planner to arrange for their hotel accommodation and transportation.  Since it is an out-of-town wedding, our accommodations were all arranged as well.

"Babe, I just got an email from the assistant of the owners of the show I appear on, the ones I told you I wanted to be the sponsors for our wedding, remember ?" RJ tells me.

MamaTen and I are both seated on the floor inside my closet. We are sorting out my purses. So far, I've already gave MamaTen four. And he is so happy with it.

"Yes babe, I remember. What about?" I said, glancing up at him.

He sat down behind me and started massaging my shoulders.

"Well, they wanted to invite us for dinner before the wedding, to meet you." He said.

"Oh babe, that is so sweet of them. Of course, I want to meet them as well." I replied. I feel my muscles relaxed from RJ's massage.

"Good, I will reply to the email later. What else do you need to do in here?" He asked.

"We are almost done with the purses. I am bringing a few with me for my initial move and the rest will be included in the cargo that will be shipped. Clothes, shoes and my treasured memorabilia are all done." I tell him.

"Thank you babe, thank you for doing all these for me." He dropped a kiss on my shoulders and leaned on it.

Sine we are keeping the townhouse, all the furnitures and appliances will stay. I've already arranged for Maria's daughter, Luz, to come to the townhouse twice every month to clean and take care of it when we are gone.

"Babe, of course I will do all these, I said yes remember?" I turned to face him and gave him a peck on the lips.

"Longer." He tells me, puckering his lips.

"Hey nakow Ricardow!" I rolled my eyes at him, but obliged anyway.

"Hey nakow keyong dalawey!" MamaTen kidded making both of us laugh.

~~~~~>•<~~~~~

"Babe are you happy?"  RJ asked me as he parks the SUV inside the garage. We just dropped MamaTen at the restaurant where his old friend is meeting him. His friend invited us to join them but RJ declined telling them that it's their time to reconnect.

"I am very happy babe. Why do you ask?" I remove my seatbelt and grab the bag of takeout Chinese dinner we picked up from our favorite restaurant.

"I just want to make sure that you are happy mahal ko." He tells me.

He takes the bag from me as I open the door.

"Oh babe! That is so sweet! I love that." I cupped his face and kissed his cheeks.

"What? What did I do?" He asks, giving me a confused look.

I just look at him and walked away.

"Babe! Tell me! Tell me what did I do that earned me that sweet kiss." He whines.

"Figure it out, mehel kow." I teased, turning to the kitchen counter, removing the boxes out of the brown bag.

"Hmmm, so that's it. Mahal ko." He whispered in my ear, leaning his body on my back. "You like that, huh?"

I nodded.

Why are back hugs so freaking sexy? There is something so sexual about it and then coupled with RJ's mehel kow endearment, I am dead.

I feel him nibbling my earlobes while wrapping his right arm around my middle, pushing me to him. He is good at this, he knows how to touch and where to touch, how to kiss and where to kiss. And my body just responds to it.

"Babe, our dinner will get cold." I said in between breaths.

"We can always heat it up in the microwave." He replied in between kisses. "We are alone babe."

"Babe, we do it, even when we're not alone." I replied, he turns me around so I am facing him.

"Yes, I know, but we've never done it in the kitchen." He smirked, giving me a glimpse of his beautiful dimple.

I stopped.

Is he serious?

Here in the kitchen?

Where?

He takes my hand and leads me to the kitchen center island, removing the fruit basket and swiping the unopened mails dropping it to the floor.

He stands in front of me and cups my behind and lifts me to the counter, surprising me!

Oh! He is serious!

Not removing his stare at me, he stood in between my legs, pushing it wider.  His breathing now ragged. 

"I just couldn't get enough of you mahal ko,  you've really put a spell on me."

He lowers his head to mine, starting with slow tender kisses, making me moan. 

"Oh babe! I love it when you make that sound, so sexy."  He is kissing me passionately now.  His tongue exploring my mouth, making me moan some more.

He pushes me down to the granite counter, making me shiver from the cold stone. His hand traveling from my throat to my belly button. He lowers his head and breathes on it, making me squirm. Arching my back, I lift my head and looks at him in the eye.

"Babe, please." I begged.

"Please, what?" He asks.

I don't know what I am asking from him. All I know right now is I am salaciously in need of him.

"I need you." I whispered.

"Tell me what you need." He murmurs in my belly.

"I need to feel your body against mine. Take your clothes off!" I ordered.

"Whatever you say, mahal ko, whatever you say." He acquiesced, as I lost myself to him. 

Dinner forgotten.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 724 19
Daily AlDub/MaiChard drabbles to qualify for #AMACon3. :)
400K 20.4K 44
• First there was Alden and Maine • • And then came Enzo and Katie • • They became Alden and Maine again • • And then came Enzo and Katie •
151K 9.1K 17
When life offers you second chances...do you take them? AU MaiChard
23K 388 37
Will Alden live with Maine forever? Will they face 4 major people in success? Find out on My first book.