Whilst the boyfriends away

By kaylsxo

Here, there and everywhere with work my boyfriend Charlie is rather quick to make me his last priority, and a... More

Whilst the boyfriends away
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80
81.
82.
83.
Epilogue
Sequel?

54.

107K 1.4K 115
By kaylsxo

Charlie's mood has dramatically changed since he left just a few hours ago, in fact the sight of Chloe has even hit a nerve. It's not that they don't get on, but Chloe has always been the one to see straight through Charlie's ways before anyone else.

"What's she been doing here?" he scowled slumping down at the breakfast table.

"I asked her to come round."

"Why?"

"Because I fancied a girly chat that's all."

"Hm. Been talking about me have you?" he snarled.

"She's my best friend, she deserves to know why my ex boyfriend who fled the country for a month is now back home."

He didn't answer that, instead he searched the cupboards and fridge for more alcohol. I hate seeing Charlie when he's like this, he's never been one to handle his drink, a side I don't like comes out.

"I don't think you need anymore of that," I said taking the can out of his hand and standing in front of the fridge.

"No I probably don't, but who cares," he smirked falling on to me as I swung my arm back to stop him from snatching the can back.

"Just go to bed, you're drunk," I ordered.

"I will if you're going to join me," he grinned.

"Charlie," I moaned turning my head away from his lips.

"Come on, this morning was just for starters."

"No, I don't want to."

He ignored me and started to smother my neck, his hot breath against my skin sending shivers down my spine for the all the wrong reasons. Putting the can of beer down on the worktop I struggled to push him away with my arms.

"Stop it," I pleaded.

"Why? you weren't saying that earlier, in fact you were saying the complete opposite," he smirked. "more baby.." he whispered into my ear.

"Get off of me!"

Pushing him away with all my strength I watched as he stumbled backwards.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I cried.

"Oh give it a rest, there was no harm done."

"But I repeatedly told you no."

"I always persuade you in the end," he shrugged.

"No, it was a one off."

"What?" he frowned.

"I never said we we're back together. It was a moment of madness, there was nothing more to it."

"Are you kidding me?" he spat.

"I don't know what came over me."

"I'll tell you what came over you.."

"It shouldn't have happened Charlie," I said cutting him off and walking back into the living room, I can sense his anger rising. "Just go to bed, it's been a long day."

He stood in front of me in a blank. He's a drunken mess and he certainly doesn't need an argument like this. I never even considered the consequences of our actions and it turns out their just what Aston said they'd be and what anyone else in my shoes would expect them to be.

"I'll talk to you properly in the morning," I mumbled.

He did eventually called it a night, but the can of lager I stupidly left on the side went with him.

I sat down on the couch behind me and the second the bedroom door closed tight my eyes welled up and I felt the tears start to stream down my face. I've seen Charlie angry and I've definitely seen him drunk before but the hold he just had over me was worrying, it scared me. I looked around the house thinking back to all the nights we've spent here together, there is good ones to treasure but surprisingly not there's a lot more bad ones, I'm starting to wonder what kind of man Charlie is. Am I really being so naïve?

I looked up as I heard the door bolt rattle and watched Aston come in, trying to compose myself as quickly as I can.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine," I sniffed wiping my eyes.

He threw his keys into the bowl beside the door and wandered over.

"Have you been crying?" he asked again.

"It's nothing."

"It doesn't look like nothing."

"I'm just tired."

"Where's Charlie?"

"In bed. He's had a few too many with the lads."

"Is that why you're upset?"

"No."

"Has he done something to hurt you?"

"I said I'm fine Aston," I sighed.

"That wasn't a no."

Determined to get the problem out of me he sat himself down beside me and practically pulled words from my mouth.

"You know what he's like, he can't handle anything more than lager."

"What does that mean?"

"He came home in a stinking mood after seeing Chloe here with me, we had a little disagreement and his temper rose."

"He has hurt you hasn't he?!" he snapped.

I shook my head pulling him back down before he marched into my bedroom after Charlie.

"He tried to..well he wanted me to sleep with him again."

Aston's eyes widened as I continued to tell the story.

"He wouldn't take no for an answer and after I told him this morning was a mistake he was close to flipping."

"Has he hit you?"

"No, nothing like that."

"If you're covering for him.."

"I promise, he did nothing more than try it on with me."

"I knew he'd do something like this," he growled.

"Yeah so I keep getting told. I'm a mug, I get it okay?"

"Come on," he smiled weakly touching the top of my thigh.

"No, I've made such a mess of my life," I sighed.

Sitting together in silence we both suddenly noticed Charlie's phone light up on the coffee table, spinning around as it vibrated.

"Are you going to get it?" Aston asked.

"No, it's none of my business."

I looked to the bedroom and then back to his phone, the name flashing being one I recognised. "I think it's work, I think Jamie is his boss," I said.

"It might be important, answer it."

Nodding I picked up the phone and held it to my ear.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Hello is that Charlie?," Jamie asked.

"No I'm afraid he's not available at the moment. Can I take a message?"

"Can I ask who this is?"

"Sorry, yes it's Kayleigh. Charlie's.."

"Of course, I remember," he spoke finishing my sentence. "I was just ringing to let him know about his P45. I sent it first thing this morning so it should be with him shortly."

"I'm sorry, did you say his P45?"

"Yes, Charlie is aware in fact he asked me to do so."

"Oh right."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes it's fine, there's obviously been a misunderstanding. I was under the impression that Charlie would be back to work in a couple of months."

"No, I'm afraid Charlie doesn't work with us anymore."

"Oh," I stuttered.

"It does look like there's been a misunderstanding. I'm sorry but I think its best if you talk to your partner about this."

"Yeah, erm okay."

"If you could pass the message on?"

"Of course, yes."

"Great, thank you."

"Bye then."

"Nice speaking to you, bye."

I put the phone down in shock and looked to Aston.

"I don't understand," I mumbled.

"What did he say?"

"That Charlie doesn't work for them anymore, they're sending his P45 home."

"Wait, what?"

"He told me he was on sick pay for a couple of months."

"And they definitely said.."

"Yes, he used those exact words!"

"Okay."

"Why would he say that? I don't understand why he would lie about something like that."

"I don't know."

"Come on, you seem to have sussed him out with everything else?!" I spat.

"Don't take this out on me! I've warned you all week about him."

"I'm sorry," I murmured putting my head in my hands. "All I wanted to do was support him, I left bad after hearing the possibilities. Heart problems aren't something to take lightly."

"Babe he's not ill," he insisted.

"Aston.."

"No, please just listen to me. Charlie hasn't been sent home sick, he's obviously been sacked so these chest pains are to hide the embarrassment."

"What?" I frowned.

"Do you really think he'd admit to getting the sack after what that job has done to your relationship? He's made it up."

"No that's low, it's sick."

"This is Charlie we're talking about."

"I went to the hospital with him, he had an appointment. I saw him go inside."

"Have you seen the results though? If this was genuine he certainly wouldn't be allowed to drink alcohol with his medication and like you said heart problems are something any doctor would take seriously. Open your eyes."

I started to take this all in, maybe Aston's been right all along.

"But what proof do you have?"

"I don't, but.."

"See."

"No, the proof I have is him having none. It's his word against mine and its mine against his but just think about it babe. Think about the man he really is."

"It's madness Aston."

"You've got to believe me."

"I do."

"You do?"

"I mean I think I do, I don't know. I'm going to need some sort of proof either way."

"Alright then, I'll think of a plan and we'll catch him out."

"This isn't a game."

"No it's not so I'm not letting him play you anymore."

~♥️~

Aston's finally knocked some sense into her, he just needs to catch Charlie out now!!

Vote for more, drama is on its way :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 228 50
Two different people, belonging to two different countries, spoke different languages but felt a strong attraction towards each other. Was it love? P...
687 70 16
Ok so I'm not the prettiest girl out there, but that doesn't give you the right to treat me like shit! Hi I'm Jessica Mills this is the story of how...
21.9K 2.4K 59
In the bustling city of LA, I was a struggling graphic designer who had finally made peace with the idea of staying single for life. However, life ha...
9.9K 214 28
♡ Weekly Chapter Releases ♡ My wedding day. The happiest day of my life, right? Wrong. I made it this far so why is it so hard to force these words o...