grant gustin ▸ imagines ✓

By acastleabovearrows

G.G. IMAGINES | REQUESTS CLOSED This is a collection of Barry Allen & Grant Gustin imagines and one shots. I... More

▸ grant gustin imagines
01. Chocolate Kiss [B.A.]
02. Happy Halloween [G.G.]
03. Don't Bleed On My Floor [B.A.]
04. Human Lie Detector - Pt. 1 [B.A]
05. Human Lie Detector - Pt. 2 [B.A.]
06. Human Lie Detector - Pt. 3 [B.A.]
07. Late Night Conversations [G.G.]
08. Cute Things [G.G.]
09. The Christmas Spirit [G.G.]
10. Sick Date [B.A.]
11. Who? [B.A.]
13. Fast & Strong - Pt. 1 [B.A.]
14. Fast & Strong - Pt. 2 [B.A.]
15. Fast & Strong - Pt. 3 [B.A.]
16. It's a Good Morning [G.G.]
17. Mistletoe [B.A.]
18. Dancing Lessons | requested [G.G.]
19. Off-Screen Enemy [G.G.]
20. Nine Cups [B.A.]
21. What You're Not Saying - Pt. 1 [B.A]
22. What You're Not Saying - Pt 2. [B.A.]
23. Retweet | requested [G.G.]
24. Off-Screen Enemy, Again | requested [G.G.]
25. Until Death Do Us Part [B.A.]
26. Ghost [B.A.]
27. Texts [G.G.]
28. Sentimental Superhero [G.G.]
29. My Boyfriend's Brother - Pt. 1 | requested [G.G.]
30. My Boyfriend's Brother - Pt. 2 | requested [G.G.]
31. Game On [B.A.]
▸ all things super
32. The First Move [B.A.]
33. Super-Couple [B.A.]
34. Another World Pt. 1 [B.A.]
35. Another World Pt. 2 [B.A.]
36. Playing The Part | requested [G.G.]
37. Why Can't We Be Friends? | requested [B.A.]
▸ internet friends
38. The Next Morning [G.G.]
39. A Very Super Christmas [B.A.]
40. Christmas Cookies [G.G.]
41. Blind Dates & Fruit Cakes Pt. 1 [B.A.]
42. Blind Dates & Fruit Cakes Pt. 2 [B.A.]
43. Who? [G.G.]
44. A New Year's Kiss [B.A.]
45. New Beginnings | requested [C.S.]
46. Scarlet Speedster's Sister | requested [B.A.]
47. Jealousy [G.G.]
48. Three Years Later [B.A.]
▸ asa butterfield imagines
49. Dating [B.A.]
50. Valentine's Day Date [B.A.]
51. About Your Future [B.A. + G.G.]
52. Cuffed - Pt. 1 | requested [B.A.]
53. Cuffed - Pt. 2 | requested [B.A.]
54. Worth More | requested [G.G.]
55. Ice Queen | requested [B.A.]
▸ thank you

12. Not Much of a Poetry Guy [B.A.]

10.5K 280 22
By acastleabovearrows

Not Much of a Poetry Guy
(Barry x Reader)

Cisco and Caitlin walked into Barry's office at the CCPD hurriedly. He hadn't answered his calls all day, and knowing Barry, that had to mean something was wrong. They walked in, to find Barry at his desk, crumpling a piece of paper and leaning back in his chair.

"Barry," Caitlin frowned, "What is going on? You haven't answered your calls all day."

Barry looked over at them, his face turning a little red. He grabbed some papers from around his desk, stacking them quickly and setting them down again. "Sorry," he sighed, "Is there an emergency?"

"That's what we should be asking you," Cisco said. They walked to Barry's desk, their eyes trailing over what Barry was working on.

"I'm sorry," Barry said again, standing up and pushing his chair in quickly. "I've just got a lot going on. I'm backed up."

"Hey, guys!" They all looked to the doorway to see Iris walking in. "I didn't know you guys were here! I was just coming to see Barry, dad said it's a slow day for you." Caitlin and Cisco turned to Barry, crossing their arms and narrowing their eyes at him.

Barry sighed, looking at the floor. He was caught.

"Slow day, huh?" Cisco asked.

"What?" Iris questioned, "Is something wrong?"

"We were just asking Barry the same thing," Caitlin sighed, looking at Iris. Iris' eyes widened, glancing at Barry.

"Everything is fine," Barry huffed, walking away. He started walking through the crowded shelves aimlessly, trying to get away from the group.

His friends all gave each other worried looks.

"If this is about everything that's happening, we know it's hard, Barry," Caitlin said softly, stepping forward.

"It's really not about what you think," Barry called out.

"Then what is it about?" Iris pleaded.

Barry didn't reply, but disappeared out of sight behind a shelf. They heard him sigh deeply, which caused another shared look of worry. Cisco turned to Barry's desk, rummaging through the papers. Caitlin and Iris gave him a look, but he shrugged and continued searching.

Cisco pulled out a paper, his eyes scanning it quickly. A smile tugged at his mouth as he held it up. "What's this?" He mouthed to the girls. They ran over, looking over Cisco's shoulder at the piece of notebook paper.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I wish I could write better poetry for you," Iris whispered with a giggle, reading off the paper. The group let out a confused laugh. Before they knew it, Barry was in front of them, having snatched the poem from Cisco's hand.

"Barry!" Iris laughed, holding onto her stomach. "What is that?"

"Stop it," Barry groaned, turning away from them. He folded the paper and shoved it into his pocket with super speed.

"Barry," Iris tried again, "We're sorry for laughing. You just don't seem like a poetry kind of guy."

"It's because I'm not," Barry sighed, looking back at his friends.

"So who was that for?" Caitlin asked curiously. "If you're not a poetry guy, she must be special."

"Oh, it's obvious," Cisco laughed. "It's for Y/N."

"Cisco!" Barry speeded back around, so he was standing next to Cisco, looking down at him upset. "Cisco, I told you not to say anything."

"Oh my gosh," Iris beamed, "We all know you like her, Barry. The way you look at her, the way you talk about her, everything."

"Am I that obvious?" Barry asked, his face falling. Everybody nodded, sporting smiles of pity for the poor scientist. Barry let out another sound of defeat, sinking into his desk chair.

"So why the poem?" Cisco asked.

"She's an English major," Barry rolled his eyes. "She loves poetry. Come on, Cisco."

"I didn't know she was a poetry fanatic," Cisco said, holding up his hands in surrender.

"Barry!" Iris beamed, shaking her head. "That's so romantic! Oh my gosh, Barry, that's adorable." Barry looked at the girls, who were both grinning at him. Barry's face turned a little pink as he shrugged.

"I'm just having a rough time," Barry frowned, "I know. It's ridiculous of me. I'm a science guy, and she's a literature girl."

They looked at Barry, their faces looking at him with concern. Barry was too busy looking anywhere but at them now, running his fingers through his hair, pacing back and forth.

"She's so... full of beauty," Barry sighed, "I'm always thinking logic and science and math, and Y/N's got a mind full of passion and creativity. She's beautiful, not just on the outside, but on the inside. And I don't know how a mind like mine can deserve such a vast, gorgeous one like hers. And I'd always be putting her in danger, you know? I can't get close to someone like her. I might just be in love with her, and then me and everything I've become would just put her in danger. I don't deserve her. I don't know why I would do this. She's light, beauty, passion, everything. And I'm... not right for her. I can't even get the words out to her."

Through Barry's rant, he hadn't noticed that you had slipped into the room, too. Iris had texted earlier saying to meet her there so you, Barry, and her could go to lunch. Iris, Caitlin, and Cisco were glancing back and forth between Barry, who's back was turned to you, and at you, who was staring with wide eyes. Who was Barry talking about? Barry was in love with somebody? You wanted to walk out. You were in love with Barry.

As Barry's rant finished, he finally turned back to his friends, seeing you for the first time. "Y/N," he said, biting his lip.

"Barry," you said, your voice at a whisper. "I didn't... I didn't know you were seeing someone."

"I'm not," Barry said quickly, looking over at his friends for some sort of support.

"Well, that was beautiful," you sighed, "It definitely sounds like you are."

"It was beautiful," Iris replied, "Barry, I think that girl deserves to hear it." She smiled knowingly. Was it about Iris? You couldn't help but wonder. She shrugged her purse up on your shoulder higher, turning to Cisco and Caitlin.

"That would be a perfect idea," Caitlin agreed. Cisco nodded, too.

"Cisco, Caitlin, could I talk to you guys?" Iris asked, gesturing to the door. What about you? Why were you so shut off from this?

"I think I should go," You said, pointing to the door.

"No, no, stay here," Iris pleaded, "We'll be right back." She looke at Barry with a smile, but Barry looked sort of... freaked out, actually. But, frankly, you didn't want to be there.

"I... don't know," you stammered, but the rest of them had left, leaving you with Barry.

"Y/N," Barry said again softly.

"So," you sighed shakily, "What's all of that about?" You looked behind you at the door, afraid to meet Barry's eyes.

"I don't know," Barry answered, his voice cracking. You smiled weakly, shaking your head.

"It was obviously something."

"It wasn't."

"Barry."

"It was."

You nodded slowly, looking back up at Barry. He was staring at you, almost longingly. Your eyes were stinging, knowing you must be staring longingly at him.

"Barry..." you trailed off, taking a step towards him. "What was it?"

"Y/N," Barry repeated, "It was... about you."

"Me?" You asked.

"You." Barry nodded.

"What did you mean about danger?" You questioned.

Barry gulped, and shook his head. "Nothing." He said. "I've just been so afraid to say those things to you... and now... you know." He laughed awkwardly, bringing a hand to his neck.

"Me?" You said again, the tears coming back. "I... I can't believe this."

"I'm sorry," Barry said, his face turning bright red. "I didn't mean to tell you now, or this way. And if you're upset, I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd feel the same way anyway."

"I do feel the same way," You said quickly, rushing to Barry. "I never thought I'd hear you say those words." You stood up on your tiptoes, pressing your lips to the corner of his mouth. When you pulled away, he was blushing down at you. His eyes trailed from yours to your mouth. This time, he leaned down quickly kissing the top of your nose. You beamed, a feeling of happiness rushing over you.

• • • • •

author's note | science n literature that's cute, right? opposites attract, yeah? :) so hey, i hope you enjoyed this!

if you're enjoying these please vote on these :) it would mean a lot! you guys are the best!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 972 51
"Will I be able to feel it?" "It will be like it never happened" Barry Allen had changed his future. He had gotten what he always wanted but it had c...
176K 1.8K 30
Just our loving show The Flash, you can Request! No more words, let's get going. Warning: short but affective ( not too short ) recommended you to r...
25.5K 319 11
a series of oneshots about our favorite scarlet speedster plus his reporter best friend/crush, also known as barry allen + iris west, also known as w...
2.5M 66K 56
| book one | Natalie Reed has just moved to Central City, at first, oblivious to the unnatural events in her new home. She truly feels welcomed in Ce...