Crawled Out Through The Fallo...

By ALWinchesterWriting

The Sole Survivor is a legend in her own time, able to defeat deathclaws almost effortlessly. A hundred synth... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue
Part Two: It's the End of the World

Chapter 8

687 15 20
By ALWinchesterWriting

"Piper, come with us. We have a machine to get. And I need as much help as I can get for this."

She smiled. 

"Right. I bet it'll make a good story too. Let me get my stuff, and we can hit the road."

I waited outside the newly built house with Deacon while Piper got ready.

"A reporter? Really?"

I nodded, checking my gun.

"She's good in a fight."

I replied simply.

"Whatever you say."

He didn't look too stoked about my choice of companions, but I didn't really care. I trusted my gut.

Piper walked back out, carrying a small bag.

"Ready, Blue. Got some food and water for the trip."

I nodded, and glanced at Deacon, who rolled his shoulders and looked at me.

"Following your lead."

I opened the map on my Pip-Boy, and looked for the closest place to the Slocum Joe's. I set the building next door as the destination, and fast travelled there.

...

As soon as we got there, I immediately crouched and held up my gun. Piper and Deacon did the same. I made my way up the stairs to the top of the building and used V.A.T.S. to find any synths that were guarding the safehouse. I aimed at three of them, and shot them down. They didn't even know what hit them. Another synth rounded the corner with a pistol up, looking for me. I shot the machine several times in the chest, killing it. I jumped off the building, falling three stories to the ground. I leaned down to pick up items off the synths, and Deacon crouched nearby.

"That was a pretty big fall. Are you big on adrenaline rushes?"

I snickered at his comment.

"Considering I spend my time getting shot at for a few caps, I think it's fairly obvious."

I stuffed the other pistols in my bag and stood up. I searched the ground for mines, and found some. I quickly deactivated them and picked them up.

Deacon pushed through some boxes, and found a hole in the wall.

"Found the back door. That sounded dirtier than I meant."

I rolled my eyes and walked into the tunnel.

Deacon chuckled, and Piper followed right behind me.

Soon we walked into a room with metal walkways, and lots of tools laying around. I started picking up all the tools I could find, which caused my companions to complain.

"You're gonna break your back carrying all that worthless scrap."

"Thanks for your input, Deacon."

I replied to him as I kept putting duct tape and tools in my bag.

"You sure you need all that?"

I sighed, and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm gonna sell it. Get more ammo or something."

Piper frowned but agreed to my plan.

I finished putting things in my bag, and continued on with the plan to get the device back. I checked corners, holding my gun steady. Deacon decided I was going too slow, so he went ahead of me and killed synths that appeared. He got hit with some lasers and complained.

"Ow. Ow!"

I shot the synth that got him, and rolled my eyes.

"And that is why we stick together. To keep from getting shot."

He rubbed his arm and pouted.

"Will do."

I kept walking through the tunnel, and came to a room with a computer and other machinery.

"Piper, check out the computer. See what's on it."

I opened a trunk that caught my eye, and found the drive that I was sent to find. I picked it up.

"See? No problem. We could have handled that ourselves."

I put the drive in my pocket, and shrugged.

"And we could have been caught off guard by a small army of synths. Better to be prepared."

We started making our way back to the hole in the wall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 5.7K 38
When The Day arrives for four young heroes, Stormwind, an unknown 13 year old superhero, wants nothing more than to find out how these heroes operat...
15.4K 225 34
Star Wars universe, meets the Marvel Universe, how do things go down? do they think of each other as Enemies? or allies? how will they cope with the...
22.5K 956 45
"I have not met a Banuk before. Only heard tales, I did not think to see one here." It was a polite way of Kotallo saying that what he had heard, wer...