I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 25.

167K 1.5K 294
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

"Technically me and Harry didn't start the food fight but-" I was stopped mid conversation between everyone around the dinner table by my phone ringing. "Excuse me." I spoke before leaving the table and sitting on the bottom step of the stairs.

"What are you doing?" Riley fired down the phone at me before I could even speak.

"Hello to you to." I spoke with sarcasm.

"What are you doing?" He repeated, he sounded annoyed.

"Having dinner, why?" I asked sounding alarmed, his voice seemed unstable, he sounded like he had been drinking. He didn't have a drinking problem, but everyone handles alcohol differently.

"Is he there?" He snarled.

"What?" I said at his stupid question.

"Is he there?!" He practically shouted, pausing in-between each word.

"What are you talking about? Who?" I replied rubbing my forehead.

"Harry." He snarled.

"Um, yeah." I said, didn't he trust me?

"I knew it." He spoke.

"His parents are here too, my parents are their friends." I said defending myself.

"They're not around you all the time though are they?"

"Riley you're just being stupid!" I protested.

"Am I?" I could picture him raising his eyebrows at the phone.

"Yes, yes you are." I said raising my voice.

"Why are you acting like you have something to hide?" He snarled.

"Don't you trust your own girlfriend?!" I practically shouted. "I have to get back to dinner." I spoke calmly before hanging up, before he could even respond. I took a deep breath and plastered a smile on my face before I walked back into the dining room. I just hoped no-one heard any of that.

"Everything alright?" My mum asked whilst I walked back into the room, I knew she could sense there was something wrong.

"Just peachy." I responded not wanting to delve into what just happened. I took my seat back next to Harry where I pushed the remaining food around my plate, it had gone cold anyway.

The parents finally enveloped themselves into a separate conversation in which I wouldn't have to involve myself in.

"You okay?" Harry asked looking concerned.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Didn't sound like it." He replied.

"What?"

"We all sort of heard." He said scratching the back of his head.

"Oh."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I will be." I retorted.

"When?"

"When what?"

"When will you be okay?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

"You deserve better."

"So you keep saying."

"It's true."

"Prince Charming isn't going to appear out of my wardrobe anytime soon, Riley's the only one who seems to appreciate me." I said in intense thought.

"Not true." He responded before getting up.

"Where are you going?" I asked almost sounding desperate.

"To the bathroom if that's okay with you?" He joked.

"Yeah sure, sorry." I replied before he walked off. I half expected him to come back and we would sit and talk for hours whilst sipping red wine but this wasn't some chick flick and he left with his parents before he even said bye. My head was aching due to the amount of thinking I had been doing recently, before boys were in my life I had a clear head. Once you get in so deep there's no way out, the only probably is; which boy am I in deep with?

I rolled out of bed the next day wishing it was the weekend. Unfortunately it was only Tuesday and I had 8 hours of gruelling school to endure before I could return to my safe haven. I threw myself in the shower to attempt to wake myself up, it didn't do its job, I was still tired when I slumped down the stairs for breakfast. For some reason this morning I had a knot in my stomach, a sickness feeling, the feeling you get when you sense something bad is about to happen. I couldn't think of what could be worse than what happened yesterday.

"Not hungry?" My dad asked peering over his newspaper.

"No." I sighed leaning back on the bar stool.

"You need to eat breakfast; it sets you up for the day." He said flicking through the pages.

"I know, I study science." I responded.

"Don't blame me when you faint at school." He said as he threw his paper on the table before getting up and leaving the room.

"Hey hunny." My mum spoke as she entered the room.

"Morning." I said leaning on my elbow looking bored.

"Since we're running a bit behind, I need to leave now; we'll get a Starbucks on the way." She offered.

"Whatever." I replied before jumping of the bar stool and towards the front door. I slipped into the passenger seat and threw my school bag on the floor.

"What's happened now?" My mum asked as she joined me in the car, she could sense my bad mood.

"Mum, just leave it." I sighed.

"Okay, fine. Just remember our conversation."

"I do, I will." I said, as if I was reciting vows at a wedding or something. Getting married was a scary thought, could I ever love someone enough to marry them or even worse, could someone ever love me enough to want to marry me?

"Here you go, one grande mocha and a venti black forest hot chocolate." The barista said as she handed me my drinks.

"Urm, I'm sorry for asking but isn't Riley supposed to be working this morning?" I questioned since I didn't see him anywhere.

"Yeah, he didn't turn up so I got called in last minute." She huffed.

"Okay, thanks." I replied before turning around and walking off, her mood matched mine.

"Did you see Riley?" My mum asked as I stepped into the car.

"No he's off sick." I lied.

"Oh." She responded ending the conversation.

Once we reached school the front of the complex seemed rather quiet, too quiet. I stepped out of the car and slammed the door behind me, waving my mum off behind my back. I could hear the faint noise of chanting as I walked further towards the school. I turned the corner of one of the buildings and saw a mass crowd forming. There was a fight taking place. Our school wasn't in a rough area or a rough place so this was a rare occasion. I walked closer and closer to try and hear what was being chanted. I couldn't see through the sea of bodies but as I got closer more people noticed me approaching and began to clear a small path to the centre. I continued to walk straight ahead, in the sea of bodies. People were still chanting a mixture of words; I was unable to understand what they were saying. Eyes focused on me as I was pushed through. I looked up at the eyes watching down on me, I couldn't tell what emotion was being fed into me but I knew this wouldn't have a positive outcome. I was still looking up when I reached the front of the crowd. I finally drew my eyes away from the boy towering over me. The words became crystal clear as they were chanted louder.

"FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!" Was echoed around the school yard. I stood completely still, frozen on the spot. I didn't know what to do or how to react, I waited for the adrenaline to kick in.

"Go on Harry, take him out!" Someone in the crowd shouted which then encourage everyone to chant; Harry. I felt sick to the stomach, I knew something bad was going to happen today.

"What's going on?" I asked the boy next to me.

"Some punk wants to start a fight with Harry."

"Over what?" I asked.

"Beats me, a girl most likely." He replied before he went back to chanting.

"SHE'S MINE!" Riley shouted.

"You don't own her." Harry responded more calmly. There were walking around in a circle, studying each other's moves.

"She hates you." Riley snarled.

"She deserves better than you." Harry stated. I still didn't move, I stood completely still waiting for a reason to intervene.

"You have no right to say that." Riley said getting angry.

"Why? Because it's true?" I begged Harry mentally to shut up, Riley was bigger built than he was, I didn't want to see the aftermath.

"Take it back!" Riley growled.

"Never." He replied earning a load of 'Ooo's' from the crowd. I could see Riley making a move, Harry was quick to react. Both of them started hitting each other full force. I couldn't stand to watch this anymore.

"STOP! Just stop it, please!" I shouted as I tried to separate them. Trying to separate two teenage boys full of energy is just as hard as it sounds.

"Delilah stay out of this." Riley said pushing me away.

"Delilah, please, I don't want you to get hurt." Harry asked sympathetically.

"No, whatever you're fighting over is stupid, you can resolve this in a reasonable manner." I tried to argue whilst they tried to attack each other. I was holding them both at arm's length but I didn't know how much longer I could hold them.

"Delilah move!" Riley shouted.

"Not until you stop fighting!" I shouted back.

"He's trouble!" Riley responded.

"You don't trust me at all do you?" I asked him calmly.

"How can I? After what you did." He spoke calmly too.

"You did worse."

"Don't drop it all on me!" He said raising his voice again.

"You brought this on yourself." Harry interjected.

"That's it!" Riley said before launching himself at Harry, I was thrown onto the floor with barely a scratch. I couldn't watch each other tear themselves apart so I intervened again. This time I was less successful, the punches were being thrown wildly and a hand came in contact with my cheek. I stumbled backwards at the force of the impact. The fight stopped and so did the chanting. Everything stood still and silent. I grabbed hold of my aching face, the pain shot through my body and brought a tear to my waterline which I refused to let fall.

"Delilah, I didn't mean to, I'm so sorry, that wasn't supposed to be you, you got in the way." Riley rushed his words as he walked over to me.

"Go away." I spoke.

"What?" He said looking angry and confused.

"Leave." I stated.

"What?" He repeated.

"I never want to see you again!" I finally shouted. I could see him tempted to fight back but instead he clenched his fists.

"Fine." He said before walking off. After he was finally out of sight I began to walk off.

"Delilah wait!" Harry called.

"You too." I replied before turning my back on him.

"What?" He asked sounding confused but no angry.

"I never want to see either of you again." I said amongst the silence before walking off, the aching still pounding my face but I was in more emotional pain, how much longer will my heart ache for?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 23 8
Amna and her best friend Mackenzie think their lives are going perfectly, until a special boyband come's to their school, and everyone is drooling ov...
1K 55 33
Music is her everything and she has her future all planned. She will stop at nothing to go to the school of her dreams but will the perfect boy get i...
653 14 21
Abby and Emily know their school isn't normal. When they're called upon to protect high profile targets, they're thrown into a world of danger.
19.1K 479 29
Niall Horan is new to school. Harry Styles is the bad boy of school. Niall instantly becomes friends with Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne. Liam and...