The Purest Blood

By alysssssa

I blinked and he was in front of me, his breath hot against my ear. “I will be back for you, Katherine. Count... More

Prologue
You Can Go When Your Dead
Trust Me, I Don't Bite
Here Kitty Kitty Kat
Vampire Prince & Pure Blooded Human
Ice Water Dreams
Some Questions Are Better Left Unanswered
Don't Follow The Screams
You're A Vampire & Not The Kind That Sparkle
All Hallows Eve
Don't Look Into His Eyes
Bipolar Vampires & Healed Wounds
Wyntertide Solstice
Still Alive, Barely Breathing
Betrayal
Everyone Dies Eventually
The Fight For Her Life
Little Miss Blood Thirsty
Trust No One
The Fine Line Between A Secret & A Lie
It's Nothing Personal

The Prince's Prophecy

20.5K 382 13
By alysssssa

PLEASE READ! Yes, I did a double upload & because I did so, YOU MUST VOTE FOR BOTH CHAPTERS!! I NEED 100 VOTES ON BOTH CHAPTERS BEFORE I WILL UPLOAD AGAIN!

Now, enjoy :) xo      (play the song with the chapter, it's a beautiful piece of music.)

====================================================================

chapter/13.

You gave it all into the call
You took a chance and
You took the fall for us
My love, look what you can do
I am mending, I'll be with you

It was the wrong person by my side.

I had came with Nathaniel, my sweet and caring Nathaniel. But it wasn't Nathaniel that I should be with. And deep down, I knew it was true. 

Looking away, a large frame caught my eye. It was behind the kings desk, high on the wall and it contained not a photo, but words. Without thinking, I walked to it. And then I read it.  

In huge words above the writing, were the words 'The Prophecy' and everything was written in really fancy cursive. The paper it was on looked extremely old and worn. It read,  

        It shall be known, that the heir to the throne in the seventh reign of the royal vampiric coven of America and the kingdom it holds of the Vaughn blood line, will be the eldest living descendant of the sixth reigning king and queen. He will become king and his queen shall be his natural born mate, a mortal with-

"Snooping, are we?" I jumped at the voice. When I turned, I saw Micah leaned up against the doorway with his arms crossed and his face blank. I didn't even get to finish reading it.

Stuttering, I replied, "Uh, no no, I was just, uh, exploring."

He ignored my comment and blurred over to me, peering up at the so-called prophecy.

He shoved his hands in his pockets and huffed. "I see you took interest in the prophecy. Interesting isn't it? It was written over 3000 years ago by the very first elders of our kind. There has never been a prophecy that hasn't been fulfilled."

When I didn't reply, he continued. "My father is the sixth reigning king." He let it process in my mind. And process it did.

Staring at the words, I muttered, "So, you're the heir that the prophecy is talking about?"

With bitterness in his voice, he answered, "Unfortunately yes."

There was an unfamiliar sinking feeling in my gut. In a small voice I questioned, "Have you found your mate?"

He hissed, "Yes."

My stomach dropped.

I couldn't explain why, I couldn't explain how but it upset me. For some reason, in the back corner of my mind, I had wished he would feel something for me.

But he had a mate, and they were clearly meant to be together. He probably even loved her..

Running from the room before he could question it, I let the tears spill from my eyes.

**

Of course, I should have known better.

I didn't even make it to the door. He appeared in front of me and I literally ran straight into his rock hard body. His eyes searched my face and his own showed.. Confusion?

Still, he took a thumb under both eyes to wipe away the slowly falling tears. He murmured, "I don't understand."

Biting my lip, I whispered back, "Me neither."

I told myself I hated him, that he was a vampire and I could never feel anything for him. But I don't know who I was trying to convince. My entire being wanted him. Gently tucking my hair behind my ear, Micah sighed softly and shook his head.

He touched my cheek gingerly, "What am I going to do with you?"

His other hand snaked around my back and he held it there, making me ache with need. Jitters ran up my spine and I couldn't help but put one hand on his chest, to steady my balance. Or at least that's what I told myself.

His gaze lingered on my lips and I desperately wanted him to touch them. Slowly lowering his face towards mine, his lips parted and I stared into his eyes. He muttered, "I'm sorry, Kate. I can't resist any longer.."

And then ever so carefully, our lips collided.

Everything disappeared, and it was just us. Butterflies fluttered like crazy in my stomach and I needed nothing else in that moment but him.

The kiss was chaste at first but I hungrily gripped the back of his neck with one hand and the other stayed on his chest.

He took a handful of my hair and pressed my body into him. It was magical, beautiful. Unlike anything else I had ever shared with anyone. I gave in to the need that was gripping at me.

I got lost in him and we melted into each other, a perfect fit. My whole being was filled with him and only him, there was nothing else in that moment and I was content to stay that way.

Of course, he pulled away. But then he leaned his forehead into mine and closed his eyes, his face full of vulnerability. I took my hands and put them on either side of his face.

Finding my voice, barely a whisper, I asked, "What was that? Some vampire magic shit?"

His eyes were twinkling and he replied, "Watch your mouth, it's unladylike. And no, no vampire magic shit." I playfully poked him in the chest.

There was a muffled cough from across the room and our heads whipped in that direction. Nathaniel was standing there, but only for a moment and he flitted from the room.

Turning back to Micah, I realized we were still embraced.

It killed me to have to tear myself from him but I had to check on Nathaniel. Running in the direction he had come from, I slipped off my heels and carried them in my hands.

Micah's voice carried into my head, be careful Katherine.

Since when did he become so.. Nice? Who knows.

Too wrapped up in my thoughts, I collided with a wall. A wall with a nice set of abs and a pair of beautiful brown eyes. Backing up, I observed his face.

There was only one look, pain. He was straining to keep a straight face but quite frankly, he was awful at it.

"You saw?" I whispered.

He nodded once. Then, he gathered me in his arms and buried his face in my neck. I wrapped my arms around him and it was in that moment that realization hit me like a brick wall.

And what an awful realization it was..

I remembered mine and Nathaniel's kiss and all I could think about was how it compared to Micah's kiss.. And the thing was, it didn't.

There was a low rumble behind me and I felt someone with power coursing through their veins. I shuddered at the tingling feeling that crept up my neck where his eyes were burning into me. Micah growled in my head and I cocked my head slightly to indicate I had heard him.

When I turned to face him, he grabbed me by my upper arms and pushed me into the wall, my head barely banging into the wood. It hurt but I gave him an 'I'm not afraid of your vampire ass' look. He didn't appreciate it.

Micah's eyes blazed with fury but he gently nuzzled his nose into my neck, inhaling a big breath. Then, his deep voice said through clenched teeth, "You smell like him, you always smell like him."

His face retreated in front of my own and his gaze lingered on my lips, his own parted slightly. His hand snaked up to my face where his thumb gently grazed my bottom lip. An enraged look masked his face and his hand tensed by my lips.

Closing my eyes, I scrunched my eyebrows and pushed the memories out of my mind that Micah was forcing me to look at. Me and Nathaniel kissing. He had heard me thinking about it.. And now he's seen it for himself.

His thumb lingered on my lips and I turned my head away, making his finger run across my face and to my neck. The gesture made me shiver involuntarily.

He dropped his hand and the absence of his touch made me ache.

Practically flying, Micah crashed into Nathaniel as I blinked and they were sent soaring across the foyer. I covered my mouth to muffle my scream and stared wide eyed as they went at each others throats, tumbling and turning.

I ran after them, calling both their names to try and get their attention but Micah was out for blood, literally and Nathaniel was putting up a good fight. My attention was averted when the huge front doors boomed open and I felt someone's presence float inside.

My intuition was nagging at me, and it was saying this wasn't good.

Turning my head over my shoulder, my eyes rested on Landon's soaked figure standing in front of the rain that was pouring down outside. Lightning flashed across the sky, lighting him up.

My eyes were glued to him but I called loudly over my shoulder, "Micah? Nathaniel? MICAH! Micah! Nathaniel!"

There was a loud crash and a grunt as someone went flying across the room. Nathaniel landed smoothly in the corner behind where Landon was standing, glaring at me. I felt Micah's presence standing somewhere behind me.

Then, everything went into slow motion.

Landon's eyes burned into mine, and they twisted into something I've never seen before. They were wild.

He crouched into an attack mode and his face became stone serious. His predator characteristics took over and I stood helpless. He barred his fangs to me and hissed.

Then, I watched pathetically as he pounced into the air, pushing up fiercely with his legs. He flew above me and raised his hands out, nails ready to claw me. I didn't dare blink.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure blur across the room and collide into Landon inches from my face. They soared across the room and into the wall, making huge chunks of it fall to the ground.

The king's power boomed into the room and I looked over to see Nathaniel had Landon slammed into the wall and was hissing at him through clenched teeth. Landon broke free of his grip and scrambled after me once again.

He became air born and flew towards me. His hand reached out to swipe me but I was torn away from the spot my feet were glued to and weightlessness overcame me as I was tossed through the air. I looked up in shock to see Micah gripping me around my waist.

He tossed me over his shoulder and I let out an 'UMPH' sound as my stomach landed on his shoulder bone. Uh, that was going to leave a bruise..

My face stared at the back of his shirt and my head hung upside down as his arm gripped around my thighs and I hung there. Straining, I lifted my head to see the king motion for Micah to go and he roared, "Get her out of here, Micah. We will take care of the vampire."

Micah muttered in my head, 'Hold on tight, Kitty.'

I wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed my cheek into his back, also closing my eyes. Then, he ran. And he ran with as much speed as I had ever seen him run. We flew through the forest, the rain pelting us as we did and only when I dared to open my eyes did I see the trees blurring past us.

Or I guess we were blurring past them.

After a short amount of time, we slowed down to a jog, which was still inhumanly fast. Peeking around his back, I saw a small coliseum of some sort. It was an old, cement structure with vines wrapping all around it, except for over the door which looked to be ancient.

Micah lifted me up and then not so gently, put me down. I stumbled backwards a step and then stood up straight, flipping my hair out of my face. The rain had let up enough to be a light sprinkle.

Putting my hands on my hips and huffing, I watched as Micah made his way towards the door of the small building. When he reached it, he turned around and saw I hadn't moved. His voice showing agitation, he said, "Well, come on."

I pursed my lips, "We're going in there?"

Smirking, he replied, "Don't be a priss."

"UH! I am not a priss!" And I stomped off towards the door.

He opened it and ducked inside, disappearing into the dark. I hesitated as I approached the opening, but walked in slowly. I became engulfed in the darkness and heard a scurrying sound to my left. I groaned, "Micah? Where are you?"

I shivered and put my arms around myself. No response.

Taking small steps, I advanced forward, "Micah?" I said in a small voice.

Warm breath appeared in front of my face and my breathing hitched. Then, his smooth voice whispered, "I'm here."

------------------------------------------------------

DOUBLE UPLOAD?! Oh, okay, don't mind if I do :)

 I LOVE BANNERS FROM MY FANS XD ------------>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.7K 42
I could feel its presence from behind me. I tried walking faster, but I could feel it slowly pacing near me. I turned around, expecting a dark, hide...
2.4K 109 31
"Fuck off!" I yell, storming away. The nerve of that guy. It was a one night stand, I didn't marry him! I grumble as I plop into my car. Why was he...
8.4M 404K 46
I was sure the worst thing to ever happen to me would be being kidnapped, and sure, that was pretty bad. However, what was worse was being kidnapped...
3.5K 70 5
WARNING: EXCERPT ONLY! "And you smell delicious too." He whispered beside my ear. "Like honey and cinnamon were mixed to create a scent so irresistib...