Publicity

By illegaljoon

Zonnique Pullins is Atlanta's new hottest star. She's got the looks, the voice, the fans. The only thing she'... More

Chapter 1: Publicity Stunt?
Chapter 2: Lunch Date
Chapter 3: It's Fun Messing With Nique Nique
Chapter 4: These Guys >>>>>
Chapter 5: I Guess It's Official
Chapter 6: I'm A Diva?
Chapter 7: Good Kisser
Chapter 8 - Part 1: BET Awards
Chapter 9: Friends?
Chapter 10: Guilt
Chapter 11: Surprise
Chapter 12: Twitter Fight
Chapter 13: Promises
Chapter 14: Bad News
Chapter 15: I Need Him
Chapter 16: Great Idea
Chapter 17: Secret Crush
Chapter 18: Oh California
Chapter 19: Oh Hell Naw
Chapter 20: Catching Feelings
Chapter 21: Broken Promises
Chapter 22: Stars
Chapter 23: Prep
Chapter 24: One Week
Chapter 25: Finally
IMPORTANT

Chapter 8 - Part 2: BET Awards

3.4K 131 16
By illegaljoon

I looked at myself in the mirror that was mounted on the bathroom wall. My costume for my performance was black, white and red stripped leggings, white skirt to go over them, a leather red half shirt that showed my stomach and red tied up boots. My hair was down and curly. Trust me, it's cuter than it sounds. I twirled around, admiring how flowy the skirt was. I can't wait to hop on that stage and show it off.

"Come on Zonnique. You're running on a tight schedule." I heard Claire call from inside my dressing room.

I rolled my eyes at how stressed she was at all times. I love her but she needs to relax. I pushed open the heavy bathroom door and made my way out, my boots making click clack sounds as I walked.

"Sexy." I heard someone whistled once I came into view. I saw the boys come in view.

"Where's Bahja?"

"Bathroom" Chres said.

"We picked the perfect outfit for your performance." Claire grinned, taking in my appearance.

Ray, who had his back facing me, finally turned around. When he saw me his eyes widened but he didn't say a word.

"Come on." Claire pulled me towards the mirror. "Let's go over the dance moves real quick. Anne, go over the vocal warm ups in the mean time." Claire began watching me practice. Telling me what i need to work on while I'm on

"Let's start with mums." Anne stated, going over some warming up exercises. I noticed Ray doing them with me and slightly smiled. He must be used to this kind of stuff.

After about 20 minutes of warming up and working on my moves, it as time for me to get set for my performance.

"You're gonna do great. Just remember what I said." Claire gave me a pep talk as we walked down the hall.

I nodded, fixing my earpiece that attached to the little microphone that was placed in front of my lips.

"Are you nervous?" Bahja asked coming out of nowhere.

I shrugged. "Nervous and excited."

"You'll do great." She hugged me when I stood right backstage. Only about 5 minutes till I go on.

"We're gonna go back to our seats to watch the performance." Claire smiled.

I simply nodded, the nervous butterflies settling and preventing me from talking. Everybody turned and walked away, making their way back to their seats. Ray stayed behind. His hands were in his pockets as he awkwardly stood in front of me.

"Just wanted to wish you luck." He paused, looking down at his shoes before looking back up at me. "I've seen you practice. You're gonna do amazing."

"Thanks." I managed to respond with a soft smile. I leaned in to give him a genuine hug, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed gently. For the first time since I met him he was being nice... I could definitely be friends with the nice Ray. Too bad he only shows up on rare occasions. I pulled away and smiled up at him, noticing a photographer standing nearby, snapping pictures of our little moment. So, I did the unthinkable.

"Quick good luck kiss?" I questioned, biting my lip.

Ray smiled and leaned down, leaving a sweet kiss on my lips. "I'll see you in a bit." He stated. I nodded and watched him walk off. Show time.

-------------

~Ray's POV~

I got back to my seat and sat down. Bahja currently sat in the Nique's seat so we could watch the performance together.

"I hope she doesn't let the nerves get to her." Bahja rubbed her hands on her dress nervously.

"You seem more nervous then she did." I chuckled. She shot me a look before turning her attention back to the stage.

"I just want her to do good."

"Don't worry." I copied her actions and turned my attention back to the stage. "She's gonna do great."

Brandy and Chris Brown made their way on the stage to announce the next performance and I knew it was gonna be Nique.

"This next performer just won Best New Artist and she's about to prove why she deserved it." Brandy read her lines while smiling into the camera.

"Welcome to the stage Ms. Zonnique Pullins!" Chris announced enthusiastically and the stage went black.

Suddenly the stage exploded with lights and Nique emerged with her dancers looking sexy as hell and hitting every note with perfection. Bahja and I hopped out of our seats and began dancing enthusiastically.

Tonight I just might blow a couple racks, if I want to. Cause tomorrow I know I could make it back, if I want to. Might take a trip around the city, shut it down I’m known to stop and throw a party, Wherever I’m at, if I want to. Say I might turn up the music till it slaps, if I want to. But if I really wanna turn up to the max, if I want to. Might go and grab a lil something and while we doin a hundred. Drop the top just to see how they react, if I want to.

Catch me in the club, the vip, turnt up, doing me. So we gonn party while we young .We might as well have some fun. So don’t waste non of your time. Cause I’m gonn do just what I want.

It’s my part I turn up if I want to. Turn up if I want to, turn up if I want to. It’s my party I get loud if I want to. Wild out if I want to, I do what I want to. So if you real, and you know it. You could bring a friend. If you ain’t on what I’m on. You ain’t getting in It’s my part I turn up if I want to Turn up if I want to, turn up if I want to.

It’s my party I get loud if I want to.

So baby if you really came to dance, if I want to Then take it to the floor this is your chance, if I want to See it’s my life so I do me if I really want it I stop the music and make everyone put up their hands, if I want to See I throw stacks out if I wanna Cash out if I wanna If we show up we shut it down All eyes be on us Keeping on living it up, tell the dj turn it up Ain’t no stopping what we doin cause we all the way turnt up

Catch me in the club, the vip, turnt up, doing me So we gonn party while we young We might as well have some fun So don’t waste non of your time Cause I’m gonn do just what I want

It’s my part I turn up if I want to Turn up if I want to, turn up if I want to It’s my party I get loud if I want to Wild out if I want to, I do what I want to So if you real, and you know it You could bring a friend If you ain’t on what I’m on You ain’t getting in It’s my part I turn up if I want to Turn up if I want to, turn up if I want to It’s my party I get loud if I want to.

You would turn up too If you could do what I You would turn up too If you could do what I You would turn up too If you could do what I do You would turn up too If you could do what I You would turn up too If you could do what I You would turn up too If you could do what I do

It’s my part I turn up if I want to Turn up if I want to, turn up if I want to It’s my party I get loud if I want to Wild out if I want to, I do what I want to So if you real, and you know it You could bring a friend If you ain’t on what I’m on You ain’t getting in It’s my part I turn up if I want to Turn up if I want to, turn up if I want to It’s my party I get loud if I want to.

Bahja jumped up and down, screaming out the lyrics to Nique's hit single It's My Party. I laughed and rotated my hips, not dancing seriously but trying to look funny. Suddenly I heard the boys singing outloud behind us. The camera was on us the whole time and I knew we had to appear on the TV at least once. I just hoped I looked like a very supportive boyfriend. Nique's killer performance soon came to an end and I clapped and cheered loudly. She honestly did amazing. Probably the best performance of the night.

"Come on!" Bahja grabbed a hold of my wrist and dragged me all the way backstage. We found Zonnique celebrating an amazing performance with her dancers.

"Ahhh!!" Bahja squealed loudly and tackled Zonnique in a hug. "You killed it! You sounded amazing and hit every dance move perfectly. Oh my God, you got a standing ovation!"

"I have to admit, I did better then I expected." Nique let out her signature cute giggle.

I cleared my throat gain everyone's attention. "You did incredible." I wrapped my arms around her.

"Thanks" she mumbled into my chest as she hugged me back. I couldn't help but notice Bahja's smirk. She wanted our relationship to be real just as much as everyone else did. It seemed like the only two people who didn't want this relationship were the two people forced to be a part of it. Me and Nique.

"I have to go change. Are you guys coming?" Zonnique asked, looking from me to Bahja.

"Sure." Bahja smiled. "I'll help you with your hair."

"Yeah." I nodded. "I'll come too."

-----------------

After a few minutes of getting Zonnique back in her fancy updo and stunning gold dress, we made it back to our seats, hand in hand. Nique received lots of praise due to her flaw free performance as we settled back down in our seats. She rested her head on my shoulder, our fingers still intertwined. I knew she must be drained from putting all her energy into that one performance.

"The shows almost over." I comforted, even though I knew we still had an after party to attend.

"We still have to go to Usher's after party." She mumbled, lifting her head to look at me.

"I know..." I paused. "If it was my choice we'd go home after the show." Sadly, it was part of our stunt to go to this after party together. We need to convince our fellow celebrities that our relationship was genuine just as much as we needed to convince the media and fans.

Rihanna walked out on stage to announce the award I was nominated for, Best Male Artist. I felt Nique squeeze my hand for comfort as the other nominees appeared on the screen. I had to admit, being up against Eminem, Bruno Mars, and Usher made me nervous. "The winner is..." she struggled to open the envelope. "My little man Rayan Lopez!"

I hopped up excitedly with a big smile on my face. Nique did the same and hugged me tightly. I pulled away and gave her a quick kiss on the lips like Kenneth had instructed me to do. I then hugged my mom, Kenneth, Bahja, the boys and Usher before making my way on stage to accept my award. I gave my usual speech, having done this plenty of times and walked off stage. This was only the beginning of a very long night.

--------------

~Nique's POV~

Once the award show was over I had changed into a little black dress for the after party Usher was hosting. It had thick straps and hugged tightly around all my curves, not to mention it made my boobs look amazing. It reached mid thigh and the heels I was wearing made my legs look longer and leaner then they actually were. I had let my hair down in it's perfect ringlets like I had did for the performance. All in all, I thought I looked good.

"You guys better behave." Keisha warned as we were about to be dropped off at the club.

"Yeah. I don't want you guys getting into trouble." Claire joined in.

"I'm 18." Ray reminded them. "And I'll look out for Zonnique."

"Are you sure you can't come?" I asked Bahja.

She shook her head. "Unlike you two, I have school tomorrow."

"Right." I forgot the fact that Bahja still went to normal school.

"I already told Kenneth to keep the alcohol to a minimum." Keisha warned in a motherly way.

Ray rolled his eyes. "I know mom."

After what seemed like a million years, we had finally arrived at the club. Ray's entire team would be attending the party with us so we had plenty of chaperones. We said our final goodbyes to our parents and Bahja before jumping out of the SUV. They guys left soon as the show was over. Ray held my hand tightly as we made our way into the loud club.

He was wearing a white shirt, black skinny jeans, a black jean jacket and black jordans. His hair was neatly braided and I had to admit he looked pretty attractive.

"Ray, I don't know anyone here besides you." I tried to yell over the obnoxiously loud music.

He looked down at me. "Just stay close." I nodded as he pulled me threw the crowds of people, saying Hi to the few he knew.

We finally reached the bar which had a few stools positioned around it. Ray and I both took a seat and I took the chance to look around. Tons of people were grinding and just going wild... not exactly the scene I was used to.

"Want a drink?" Ray asked, pulling my attention away from the party people.

"Um, no thanks." I replied, tucking a curl behind my ear. "Alcohol's not really my thing."

He raised an eyebrow. "I know you're known for being innocent but there's no cameras here. You can let loose, Nique." I stared at him for a second before looking away. To be completely honest, alcohol scares me. It can transform you into a hot mess and I'm used to having control.

"Two shots." Ray ordered and the bar tender nodded, signifying he got the order. A few seconds later he placed the shot glasses in front of us that were filled to the rim with a clear liquid. "Here." He pushed one towards me. I looked at it and then back at him.

"I told you I don't drink."

Ray grabbed his shot glass and quickly tossed it back so it went in his mouth. He scrunched up his face at the taste. "Are you scared?" He teased.

I shot him a look and before I had time to give it a second thought the burning sensation filled my throat and I clenched my teeth. "Ugh, what is that stuff." I grumbled, keeping my disgusted face in tact.

He chuckled. "A vodka shot Miss Goody Two Shoes."

"I thought you were a goody two shoes too." I tilted my head, giving him a look. "At least that's what all your fans think." He simply shrugged.

"Trust me I'm not a goody two shoes, and my fans know the real me. You just don't read everything about me." He said. "Sometimes I need to relax and let loose. I think I work hard enough for it." He had a point.

"Can I get two Purple Dragons?" Ray ordered.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Don't worry. They taste good." He smiled. I gave him a nervous look.

"Nique, relax. You have a reason to celebrate. Might as well have fun while we're here." He encouraged.

Maybe he was right.. it's just one night. I should relax and have fun. There were things to celebrate. Besides, it's just one night.

--------------------

A few drinks and seductive dance moves later, I felt myself being pushed up against one of the club walls. Ray's lips attacked mine forcefully as he pressed his body against mine. He lifted one of my legs to wrap around his waist, feeling up and down my exposed thigh. A mixture of physical attraction and too much alcohol was the blame for our current hot make out session. He pulled me closer, if that was even possible, and began leaving kisses down my neck. I tilted my head, giving him more room. He bit and sucked on a patch of skin just below my ear. Luckily, the club was extremely loud that no one could hear the moan that just accidently slipped. I tugged on his braid even harder, bringing his lips back to mine. He was such a good kisser, I needed more of it. He dropped my leg and gripped my hips, practically thrusting myself into him. We were so close that I even felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled away to look at it giving me the opportunity to kiss down his jaw all the way to his neck. He lightly pushed me away with a drunken smile.

"Harry's waiting for us in the parking lot."

"Okay." I smiled back and grabbed a hold of his hand.

------------------

~No one's POV~

Zonnique stumbled towards the door, keeping a tight hold of Ray's hand. Ray chuckled and walked behind her, steadying her by keeping a hold of her waist.

"Be careful." He cooed in her ear. Being far less drunk then Nique was he could actually walk. Not to mention he could fully comprehend what was going on. He knew he had been making out with Nique simply because she looked really sexy tonight and he would definitely remember tomorrow. Whether Nique remembered tonight's events tomorrow was a complete mystery. She got a little carried away with the drinks tonight and could stand up straight, let alone think about her actions. A drunken giggle escaped from Nique's lips as she turned around to face Ray.

"You're perfect. Did you know that?"

Ray laughed. "Zonnique, you're really drunk." The cool breeze felt nice as it hit their faces and it was refreshing to be away from all those people.

"So are you." She poked his chest. "I know you like me though." She bit her lip and looked into Ray's eyes.

A sense of innocence hid behind her big brown orbs and a pang of guilt hit Ray. He didn't make out with her and feel her up because he liked her... it was simply out of physical attraction. Any hormonal boy would have jumped at the chance.

"Nique, what happened in there..." he paused, suddenly feeling sober. "It wasnt like that. It didn't mean anything."

"Then why'd you do it?" She asked, confusion hinting in her facial features.

"Because you're sexy." Ray replied, clearly without thinking.

Zonnique glared at him. "Typical. You're just like Zoey!" Her words came out slurred.

"Zoey?" Ray questioned. "What does he have to do with anything?"

"Nothing." She quickly replied. "I don't want you to touch me ever again."

"Zonnique, don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?" He tried to reason with her.

"Hell no!" She snapped.

Ray reached forward and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her into him. "We can't do this here. People could be watching." He mumbled in her ear. She let out a frustrated growl and pulled away.

Ray watched as she struggled to walk, stumbling over her own feet. "You're gonna hurt yourself." He jogged to catch up to her.

"I thought you liked me." Zonnique repeated, more to herself then to Ray.

"Wait, do you like me?" Ray asked, grabbing a hold of her arm and looking directly into her eyes.

"Not if you don't like me." Zonnique replied, stating coldly into Ray's light brown eyes. "Actually, I hate you." She finished, yanking her arm out of his grasp.

Ray sighed. "Fine. Go ahead and hate me but I'm carrying you to the car. You can barely walk. I don't want you to get hurt."

He picked her up bridal style and her arms hung loosely around his neck. "I still hate you." She mumbled as she rested her head on his shoulder. "You only like me for my looks."

Ray rolled his eyes, the alcohol getting the best of him. "That's right. You're sexy as hell but your attitude sucks."

"Fuck you." Zonnique shot back.

"Gladly." Ray answered with a smirk. And just like that, things were back to how they used to be... or maybe even worse.

---------

WHOOPS!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 6.3K 32
Maddy Johnson considers herself to be invisible at school. No has ever noticed her, until one day, Jacob, the hottest boy in school glances in her di...
122K 2K 44
These are mini fan fiction and short stories based on the groups Mindless Behavior and OMG Girlz. New stories will be uploaded every week so keep a...
9.2K 397 58
Through All The Drama It's Forever Bubble
42.2K 1.6K 20