Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1

39.1K 835 40
By Whines8

Hey guys not much to say, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Dont forget to comment and vote for this chapter/story. And TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT IT would really appreciate that.

Whines8 xoxo

ps. sorry for errors and mistakes ahead of time. lol 

**********************************************************************************************

Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I’d be as happy as I have been these past few months. Everything I thought I couldn’t have, everything I thought I’d never experience, all the things I thought would never happen to me in a million years has happened. Looking back on how my life was before I came to Virginia Beach, I can honestly say I was just going through the motions. Too afraid to come out of my shell, too self conscious, I wasn’t living at all.

Now, after spending most of the summer in Virginia Beach and meeting the most amazing guy, I believe I have finally found myself and it has everything to do with Jacob. He brings out a different side of me, things I’d never done before I find myself doing when I’m around him, he makes me bold and makes me feel confident and sexy. I’ve found myself smiling more than ever these past few months being with him and I’ve loved every minute of it. 

I’ve fallen head over heels in love this summer and I couldn’t have expected or asked for anything more. Everything was perfect. 

It’s been almost an entire month since me and Jacob took our relationship to the next level and every moment with him has been more amazing than the last. For the Fourth of July, instead of going out with Lauren and Derek to one of their friends parties, Jacob had took me to the roof of his and Derek’s villa where I was met with the sight of a thick blanket spread out along the flattened surface of the roof that was nestled in the center and slightly secluded. Two lanterns were placed on either side of the blanket and along it were some toss pillows from their couch and an extra throw blanket.

“I thought maybe you and me could watch the fireworks from up here, be in our own little world for a while,” Jacob had said with his charming smile as he wrapped his arms around me. That night we didn’t do much watching, instead we laid under the warm blanket against all the pillows and mad love under the glow of the fireworks; another first for me. 

Since then we’ve had countless moments just like that one and I was on cloud nine. Every day my feelings for Jacob grow and every day I find myself thinking about the future… our future together and the possibilities of us lasting far after the summer ends. On more than one occasion, mostly times when we’re alone, laying together on his couch or on his bed and he’s playing absentmindedly with my fingers or my hair, I find myself thinking about what will happen to us when the summer ends and I have to go back to college and he has to go back to his. I wonder about our relationship and how it would change, because to be honest I didn’t want anything to change. Everything was perfect as it was now. Gabby has kept her distance, I haven’t had to deal with Jacob’s mother and even Lauren and Derek have been on good terms.

They hadn’t broken up since they got back together after the bonfire, Lauren still hadn’t fully explained what happened between them that night after their fight, but I had a feeling I’d rather not want the details. Yes, they still had their arguments, which I was beginning to think was just a means of four play for them seeing as they loved the makeup sex, but everything was great. Jacob and I were more than happy and it seemed our best friends were just as happy in there crazy relationship. 

Now summer is nearing its end and I plan to spend every moment that I can with Jacob. 

Pulling up to his and Derek’s villa, I collected the two shopping bags from the back seat and stepped out of Jacobs car. We all had planned to spend the day out on the boat and I had volunteered to pick up supplies for our little trip out on the water. 

Walking up to Jacob’s front door, I knock once before opening the door and letting myself in. As soon as I step into the living room I see Lauren and Derek cuddled on the couch and making out intensely, “Hey,” I said as I walk further into the room to make my presence known. Lauren and Derek both look up both of them slightly flushed and breathless, Lauren smiling up at me as she laid against Derek’s chest, “Hey did you get everything?” Lauren asked, referring to the two shopping bags hanging in my hands.

I nodded as I hauled the bags over to the breakfast island, “Yeah, I got everything, drinks, some food and-“

“I hope those drinks include some of the adult variety,” Derek shouted from the couch before yelling in pain as Lauren elbowed him in the side, “What?” he exclaimed as he rubbed his side vigorously.

Shaking her head Lauren’s eyes fall on me again, “Don’t listen to him Mia, if you didn’t get any alcohol that’s fine,” she said before shooting a glare towards her boyfriend, “We all know you don’t really drink.”

Smiling at my friend as she berated Derek on my behalf, I began to pull out the contents from each bag and placed them on the counter, “Sorry to disappoint you Derek but I’m only nineteen remember, if you want your alcohol your going to have to go buy it yourself.”

“I told you, I know the guy that works at the corner shop down by the strip he could have hooked you up,” Derek said quickly earning himself another hit from Lauren, “Ow! What!”

As I emptied the last of the items out of the bag, I gave another look around the room, “Where’s Jacob?”

Derek gestured with his thumb of his free hand towards the hall that led towards the bedrooms while rubbing his side again with his other, “In his room, talking to his mom. But I wouldn’t go back there if I were you, she’s getting on his case about their annual charity banquet coming up in a couple of weeks. Whatever she was saying was pissing him off severely.”

Glancing towards the hall that led to the bedrooms, I narrowed my eyes as I wondered what she could be saying to him to make him so upset. Not taking heed to Derek’s words, I stopped what I was doing and began to make my way to the hall, “I’ll be right back,” I said without glancing towards them, I was too distracted and I wanted to make sure Jacob was okay. 

Walking down the hall I stopped in front of his door. Just before I went to knock I heard Jacob’s deep voice through the wood, “Mom just stop already. It doesn’t matter what you say I’m not doing it, I can’t do that,” I heard him say heatedly before pausing; probably to listen to whatever his mother was saying on the other line, “You already know why. Yes because of Mia who else would it be?”

I gave a start as I heard my name come up, ‘What did their conversation have to do with me?’ I thought as I held my breath to listen again, “No mom, don’t bring dad into this. It’s you who wants this not him and definitely not me,” he said before pausing again.

I could hear his feet pacing against the floors of the room as he silently listened to his mother on the other line. I could just imagine him running his hands through his short hair as he tried to wane his frustration. Backing away from his closed door, I turned to leave deciding to wait until he came out to talk to him. Just as I started to walk back down the hall, my steps immediately stopped as Jacob’s words drifted from the room again, “Why is it so important to you? Why do you want me to take Gabby to the banquet instead of Mia? Is it—-”

I stopped listening after that. So thats what their conversation was about, I should have known. His mother doesn’t want me at her charity function, well that was no surprise. But the fact that she was trying to get Jacob to take Gabby instead set a fire in me. It really didn’t matter to me one way or the other if I went to Jacob’s mothers charity banquet, I really didn’t need to be introduced to high society big wigs or anything like that, but I would go to support Jacob because that was what you did when you cared about someone. That woman would stop at nothing to get what she wanted, her and Gabby, and I had no doubt that she would try to manipulate Jacob into taking his ex. To Jacob’s mother I was an embarrassment to her son and Gabby was the appropriate catch. 

Shaking my head, I rushed down the hall much faster now than before and made my way across the living room without a word to Lauren and Derek and out into the back. Sitting down in a lounge chair, I stared out into the distance. Giving a deep sigh, I tried to calm my racing heart as Jacob’s words drifted through my head again. His mother trying to convince him to take his ex to her charity event instead of me wouldn’t really bother me as much if I knew she had no influence on Jacob. But, the reality was that Jacob’s mother did indeed have influence on him and that fact bothered me the most. I knew there was a possibility that Jacob would do just what his mother asked and if that happened I also knew our relationship could suffer from it. 

So much for everything being perfect…. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 3.6K 24
Isabelle Mason is just your normal teenage girl who wants to have the summer to herself, instead her mother sends her off to a summer camp that she t...
2.8K 53 11
Mia Monroe is 19. She has everything she wants: a boyfriend, loads of money, and friends. But she doesn't love her boyfriend. When her Dad's best fri...
2.8K 244 80
With Grayson's sudden absence from her life, Mia tries her hardest to carry on as normal; to continue as though she had never met the man who turned...
2.1K 225 53
*2nd Place Chicklit & Romance in Brewing Flair Awards 2018 Mia Abraham never thought she will have to ever share her heart with another, that is othe...