Lex Luthor x Reader [one shot...

By violaeades

"We know better now, don't we? Devils don't come from hell beneath us. No, they come from the sky." --- A col... More

Long Nights [One Shot]
Basketball [Imagine]
Mine [One Shot]
Meeting [Imagine]
Beauty [One Shot]
Realization [Imagine]
Motorcycle [Imagine]
Fight, Fight, Fight [long imagine]
Nightmare [One Shot]
Author's Note --- Requests
Love [One Shot]
Mistakes [One Shot]
Obsessed [Imagine]
Wayne Enterprises [part one] [One Shot]
Wayne Enterprises [part two] [One Shot]
Jealousy [Imagine]
SUICIDE SQUAD [Author's Note]
Abstract [One Shot]
Abstract [One Shot] [part two]
Sick [One Shot]
I Try to Be [One Shot]
Blue Jeans [One Shot]
Blue Jeans [One Shot] [part two]
author's note: new story!
Here [One Shot]
3 a.m. [imagine]
Scared [one shot]
author's note
Control [one shot] [part one]
Control [one shot] [part two]
Lex's Brother [ft. J. Daniel Atlas] [AU one shot]
Let Me Help [one shot]
author's note: what's coming this fall and winter!
Finch's Daughter [one shot] [part one]
Finch's Daughter [one shot] [part two]
Old Money [lex luthor x reader] Sneak Peek
Negotiations [one shot]
Don't Tell [one shot] [part one]
Happy Birthday, Lex [imagine]
prompt request #1
prompt request #2
holiday imagine #1
author's note

You Don't Have to Protect Me Anymore [one shot]

4.6K 162 54
By violaeades

Requested by avengerlocked

I am literally SO stuck on the third part of Finch's Daughter and it is so annoying. If anyone has an idea, please let me hear it. I have an idea for the ending but honestly can't come up with what will happen before.

Since I haven't updated, I've made this extra long (while it was originally two parts, it's just one).

//

"Good morning, Alfred," you said, stepping lightly down the steps to greet your butler. He stood at the coffee table, pouring hot water into a tea cup for you. "Any mail for me today?"

"Yes," he said. "More specifically, a letter from Alexander Luthor. I don't suppose that's what you're so giddy about."

You blushed. "You... you didn't say anything to my brother, did you? He doesn't know?"

Alfred straightened up and smiled a little. "Watching you and Master Wayne grow up together has made me realize one thing. Do not do anything that may start a fight between you, because I will never hear the ending of it."

You laughed as you picked up the stack of envelopes on the tea tray. "Well, I can always count on you, Alfred." You shuffled through them, smiling when you saw his name artfully printed onto the manilla envelope.

A smile crept over your face. Lex Luthor had been your boyfriend for six short months, but every single day felt like a first. He treated you better than any other man you'd been with did. You were happy.

The only downside to the relationship was having to keep it hidden. ou had to sneak around to meet with him. If the press saw ____ Wayne go into Lex Luthor's mansion every day, they'd be all over you both. And then your older brother would know.

"Ah, morning, Master Wayne."

You hurriedly stuffed the letter in between the pillows behind you and sat back, putting your cup of tea on your lap. Bruce walked in slowly, dressed in the same suit he had worn the day before. You raised your eyebrows.

"Long night?" you asked. He nodded and rubbed his eyes. "For Bruce Wayne or the Batman?"

"Both," he answered. "Get me a glass of scotch, would you, Alfred?"

"Bruce," you warned. You never liked him to have alcohol before breakfast. He would never stop drinking it if he started too early.

Your brother sighed. "Nevermind. Guess I'll have tea," he said, pretending to give you a dirty look. You laughed and took a sip out of your cup. As Alfred poured water over the teabag, Bruce yawned. "Any... any, uh, mail come for me today?"

You handed him the stack of mail. He shuffled through it as you finished your tea. You tried to be discrete as you rose to your feet, grabbed your letter, and escaped towards the stairs to read it.

"Wait," Bruce called.

You stopped on the first step. Gulping, you turned around and smiled. "Yeah?"

"What is that?" he asked. You blinked at him. He sighed. "The envelope, ___."

"Oh, this? Oh! Yeah, uh, it's... it's mine," you said nervously. Your fingers brushed through your hair as you thought up an excuse. "It's just a letter from... from a friend. You don't... you don't know him."

Bruce raised his eyebrows. "Him?"

"Her," you corrected quickly.

Bruce stood. "Who is it?" You shook your head. He huffed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "___, you can tell me."

You stared at him for a second. Chewing on your lip, you looked down at the envelope. It would be nice to not sneak around and hide... maybe you should tell. "I... okay. It's from Lex Luthor. I've been dating him for the last six months, Bruce."

He looked angry. "Lex Luthor?" Alfred sighed and hurried out of the foyer. You gulped and nodded. "___, that man is not who he says he is."

"That man makes me happy, Bruce! He treats me better than anyone else I know!" you defended. "Why can't you just accept that I'm with him? That I'm happy?"

"Why couldn't you just tell me?" he asked.

"Because I knew that this would he the reaction I would get," you said. With tears spilling out of your eyes, you spun around and hurried up the stairs. Bruce didn't move as you slammed your bedroom door.

You threw yourself onto your bed and sobbed. Your brother, no matter how much you loved him and he loved you, would never accept the choices you made. He would never support you. In need of some light, you opened the envelope and unfolded the letter.

___,

I know that it was only three days ago that we were together, but I miss you greatly. It feels like I haven't seen you in months. Like, actually seen you. I've been so busy that I didn't get to focus on you as much as I'd like to.

Please meet me at LexCorp on Friday for coffee. I had Mercy cancel my three o'clock for you. I promise that there will be a romantic date soon enough. I just want to see you.

Lex

Wiping your tears, you smiled. The thought of seeing Lex on Friday was enough to keep you going. If you could just avoid your brother until then, you'd be all right.

//

On Friday at exactly two thirty, you rushed down the steps with a pair of black heels in your hand. You grabbed your phone and sent Lex a quick text saying that you were on your way, and then you slipped on your shoes.

"Going to Luthor's?" Bruce asked.

You jumped. He was sitting on the sofa. How didn't you see him? "It's none of your business, Bruce."

He nodded and took a swig of his drink. "You're wearing Mom's lipstick. Must be going somewhere important."

You looked down. "Bruce... please don't. Don't try to make me feel guilty for this. Bringing up Mom isn't going to keep me from seeing him. I'm sure she would have supported me no matter what. Guess you're different from her in that way." With a final glance in his direction, you left.

//

As soon as you entered LexCorp, you were greeted by Mercy. She offered you a cup of coffee, which you gratefully took, and directed you to Lex's office. He was standing in front of the window.

"Hey," you said, knocking on the open door.

He turned around and grinned. "There you are! I thought I saw your car down there." He walked up to you and placed his hands on your shoulders. "You look beautiful, my dear. How are you?"

You sighed and looked down. "I..."

"Have you been crying?" he asked in a hushed voice. Concern filled his eyes. "___, what happened? You can tell me."

"Bruce... Bruce found out. He didn't take it well, I guess," you said. You forced out a smile. "I sort of had hope that he'd accept us, but I was wrong. I'm sorry, Lex." Your voice broke and you dipped your head down shamefully.

"Shhh..." His hands reached up to stroke your cheeks. "___, baby. Look at me."

You did. He wiped a tear away with his thumb and took your cup of coffee. He put it on the table and pulled you into a hug. "Lex..."

"I know that you're disappointed," he said. "But honey, what Bruce Wayne thinks is not a concern of mine."

"But---"

"Listen to me!" He grabbed your face gently. "___ Wayne, you are the most beautiful, perfect woman I have ever met. I am not going to let you go simply because of what your brother thinks of me."

You sighed and nodded. "Okay. Okay." You smiled and he leaned forward and kissed you gently.

"Sir? Sir, you can't go in there. Sir!" Mercy announced from the hall. You turned around and saw Bruce hurriedly walking in to Lex's office. Mercy was right at his heels. "Mr. Luthor, I'm sorry---"

"Bruce!" you said. "What are you doing here?"

"Putting a stop to this," he said. He glared right at you, then back at Lex. "Dad wouldn't approve."

You crossed your arms. "Dad isn't here," you replied.

"And neither is Mom!" he shouted. "But you are still using her ability to accept everything as an excuse for this!"

"This is what I want," you insisted. "What we both want."

Bruce shook his head. He jabbed a finger towards Lex. "She doesn't know you like I do. I want you to leave her alone. I never want you to see or talk to her again."

Lex pursed his lips and shrugged. "I can't do that." He turned around, reached for your waist, and smirked.

Bruce stormed right up to Lex, who let go of you and staggered back. You gasped as Bruce slammed his body against Lex's until he was pushed up against the wall. Bruce was shaking in anger.

"What do you want from her? Answer me! What do you want from her?" he shouted. By the way he slurred, it was clear that he was drunk.

"Bruce!" you cried, stepping up. You pulled on his arm, but it didn't make any difference. "Bruce, stop! Don't hurt him!"

Bruce pushed his elbow into Lex's chest. Lex squeezed his eyes shut and quietly groaned in pain. You hit Bruce, hoping he'd loosen up. Lex held out his hand, telling you to stop. Mercy tried to go get security.

"Mm! Mercy--- don't." Lex tried to remain calm, but he was panicked. He wasn't used to be touched; and being hurt like this probably reminded him of his dad.

"Bruce," you pleaded. "Don't do this. Please. This isn't how you deal with things! Don't hurt him. Let him go!"

"I'll let him go when he talks," he growled. "So talk."

"About what?" Lex asked softly. He raised his eyebrows. "About me dating your sister? About how... how I assured her that whatever you thought of me couldn't affect my feelings for her? Or how about how I love her more than anything else in my life?"

Tears filled your eyes. "Lex..."

"If you're worried about me hurting her," Lex continued. "I won't. Your sister is different from anyone I have ever met. Bruce, I have never wanted to protect anyone other than myself before, but that all changed when I met her. I could never forgive myself for hurting her."

You walked next to Lex and put your hand on Bruce's shoulder. "Please, Bruce." He looked at you. "I love him."

Slowly, Bruce moved. You smiled and threw your arms around him, pulling him close and kissing his cheek. He hugged you back. "You were right. Mom would accept you and him. And Dad would just have to accept it."

You laughed. "Thank you."

"I should, uh, go," he murmured. You nodded and pulled away. He held up his hands. "My apologies, Mr. Luthor. Feel free to sue." He turned and hurried out. Mercy followed him out.

You sighed and turned to Lex, who was rubbing his shoulder. "Please tell me you're all right," you said. "He didn't, like, break anything, did he?"

"No, no," he assured you. "And I think that went pretty well, don't you? Hm!"

You laughed and pulled him close. "I promise I'll take care of you, Lex," you said. "And feel free to sue him. Honestly."

He laughed. "I don't need to." He buried his face in your hair. "I do love you. I have for a long time now, and I should've said something."

You laughed again. "I'm afraid to say that it wouldn't have kept my brother from trying to kill you." You shut your eyes as he lightly kissed your hair.

"Good thing I don't care," he said.

You smiled and pulled back, keeping your hands tight on his waist. "I can't tell if that's because you're insane, or just because you love me."

"Hm... ah! Probably both." He smirked before leaning in. His lips touched yours softly as his hands took their time climbing up and down your back, pulling you closer againdt him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 540 20
We know better now, don't we?
513 0 24
Oneshots, feel free to leave requests!
667K 14.3K 25
Imagines on Kurt, Peter, Warren, Charles, Erik, Hank and Alex from X-Men First Class, Days of Future Past and Apocalypse. Not taking requests anymore.
64.9K 3.5K 23
▪ SEQUEL TO PSYCHOTIC ▪ New hair, new job, new city, new boyfriend. Ever since your encounter with Lex Luthor almost six years ago, you've had to cha...