girl on the block || joey mci...

Por coreywheaton

In which a young female joins a all boy group,and falls in love with one of the band mates. Más

Prologue
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve

one

1K 27 18
Por coreywheaton

Liv Tyler- Melissa "Melly" Franks

"Thanks Henry! See you at four!",I yelled to the cab driver.He drove off and I watched the small studio in front of my eyes.

"Here goes nothing",I breathed out as I walked inside.I went to the lobby and told the lady my name.

"Oh yes your on the roster! Your in studio 34 upstairs to your left!",she gave me a pass and walked me up the stairs.When we reached the door she gave me a smile and left.

I was nervous.Way too nervous.Being the youngest female in a male-dominated group?In the 80s?How is that possible?

I walked in and saw two guys sitting on the couch,with the manager,Maurice.

He looked at me,while the other two guys were confused."And there's our star!Boys I want you to meet Melissa Franks,your new band member!" He pulled me closer to the boys,who seemed upset and confused.

The taller one,with brownish hair and a somewhat a ponytail,looked at me closely while the shorter one stared down the manager.

"C'mon boys don't be shy shake her hand!",I held out my hand.The short one shook mine while the taller rejected it.

"I'm sorry a girl!",he remarked.I gasped loudly in my head.

"Excuse me for a second",he shoved Maurice out of the room.

I awkwardly smiled and he did the same."What's your name?",I asked.

"Jordan.And you are obviously Melissa." We both chuckled."You wanna sit down?" He offered.

"Sure." We both sat down on the couch as I could hear the taller one arguing with his manager.

"When me and mark created this group it was supposed to be a all boy group not boy and girl!" ,he hissed.

I looked down and fiddled with my fingers.

"That's Donnie.Don't listen to him he's just in a pissy mood." Jordan said looking at me.I reluctantly smiled and kept looking down,hearing the conversation.

After talking to Jordan for a few minutes,two other boys walked in,along with Donnie and Maurice.

The two boys did handshakes with Jordan.He motioned me to get up so he could introduce me.

"Danny,Jonathan, this is Melissa,our new band member." Danny and Jonathan had similar shocked impressions,but they both shook my hand and smiled.

"Um nice to meet you." They both smiled.

"Melissa,Donnie wanted to apologize and give a proper introduction." Donnie sighed and shook my hand.I gave him a glare and looked down.I'm guessing we'll get along just fine.

"Hey where's jo-"

"I'm here!",a dirty blonde,blue eyed boy walked into the room.He was short but he seemed to be around my age,fourteen.

"Hey D what's up",him and the guys did handshakes with each other,almost ignoring me.

"J meet our new kid Melissa",Danny said.Joe looked at me,almost like he was checking me out.I was taller than he was but he was still a good height.

"I think you guys will get along your both the same age.Your thirteen right?",Maurice asked me.

"Um I'll be fifteen in March." I spoke loudly.

The face changed for most of the guys."Damn your fourteen?",Jordan said.I nodded.

"Woah I could've swore your like our age." Jonathan spoke aloud.

The only quiet ones were Joey and Donnie."Just what we need another kid in the group." Donny muttered.

"C'mon Donnie just leave her alone." Danny nudged.

"Boys once you hear what Melissa has got you'll be regretting your remarks." Maurice smiled."Now here is the lyrics to your new song." He handed out a piece of paper with lyrics on it.The bolded parts were which one of the singers had to sing.

"I want to do a group test first so everyone get in a group." We gathered around.Joey stood next to me on my left with Jonathan on my right.I could still feel Joey staring at me but I didn't pay any attention.

"Alright everyone on three: one,two,three!"

"Girl, I think it's time
That I let you know
About the way I really feel
I just can't wait no more
Be my baby
Be my girl",Donnie sang beautifully.

Maurice pointed at me to sing.

"I want to be the one
That steals your heart away
I want to hold you in my arms
And fill you with all my charms.."

Most of the boys were impressed with my vocal range.Even Donnie but he was still being a asshole.
.
After studio time the boys all spoke to each other while I looked around awkwardly.

Jordan took notice so he made conversation with me."So Melissa where your from?",he asked.All the boys stared.

"Um Boston."

"No way us too!"They all smiled.

"Hey Melissa why don't you come join us for pizza tonight?",Joey spoke up.This was the first time I actually heard Joey spoke.

"Really? It's cool with you guys?",I asked.

"Yeah sure." They all agreed for the exception of Donny.

"Yo guys I think I'll pass." Donnie said.

"What why?",everyone asked.I looked down and fiddled with my fingers again.Already I have a member hate me and it hasn't even been two days.

I sighed loudly.
.
I walked with the guys down to the pizza store.They were all talking and getting into their guy conversations while I just stood around.

I grabbed a seat next to Joey and Danny.Some girls were checking out the guys and I saw some guys checking me out also.

"What grade you in?",Joey asked,midway conversation.

"Ninth.You?"

"Oh me too." He chuckled.He was adorable no lie.He had really pretty eyes that were almost hypnotic and he had a deep,raspy tone to his voice,which is pretty deep for someone that's almost fourteen.

From the side of my eye I could see Donnie walking in.

"I thought you weren't showing up." Jordan said scooting over giving him space to sit.

"Yeah well I'm hungry." He answered ignoring me.

It was awkwardly silent for a moment.We all sat there listening to the music being played in the background and everyone else's chatter.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." I spoke up.i got up and left quickly.

I washed the water over my face.This is horrible.

I looked in the mirror.

What am I doing?

When I auditioned to Maurice,I wanted to be a backup dancer.Not a main band member.

I remember seeing his face when he heard me sing in the hallway.

"Your going to be the next big thing! Just watch!" He said to me.

Why did I believe him?

I walked back out to the hall.

"What do you want from her man you heard her in the studio today she was great! That's all we need!",I heard Jonathan say.

"So what she's a girl? She's pretty cool",I heard Joe say.Woah he was defending me and we only had two conversations.

"You schmucks aren't  listening to me! Look at this!",he pulled out a piece of paper.

All the boys looked at it one by one.

Jordan read it out loud,"Looking for girl group members in the local area next Saturday.Please contact Maurice Starr for more information." He read.

He wants to sell me out?

_______________________________

Long,boring,stupid chapter but hey it's gonna lit trust me.

Didn't do a lot of background on Melissa but you guys will get to know her better soon and her and joeys relationship is too!!

Plus sorry I'm making Donnie seem like a asshole I OBVI know he's a adorable puppy don't worry he'll get better :)

Tell me how it is so far ! :)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3K 44 33
Katee meets a handsome guy called Joey whom she enjoys spending time with and getting to know. After a few months of getting to know him and she's st...
4.6K 147 57
Ryder was the new girl in school when she met Joey back in kindergarten. A friendship began that day. Over the years it was Ryder and Joey. Til he su...
11.6K 283 41
When Sierra's best friend dragged her to a concert a Chance meeting outside would never prepare Sierra for what would happen.
300 17 19
Y/N meets her brother's band and starts to fall for one of the bandmates...