eleven

"I was waiting for you to call me." Corey pulled up to my parking lot.I got in his car,with a mid length black dress with silver buttons going down the middle.

I sat in the passenger seat.I looked over to Corey,who had dark brown hair with blonde streaks.He was skinner than the last time I saw him,but he still had that infamous lop sided grin.

"Hey Melly." He looked at me up and down."You look beautiful."

"Thank you Corey.You look swell yourself." He gave me a kiss on the cheek,and started the engine.

We went to this small,lightly dimmed restaurant that a lot of celebs go too.

We walked inside and got our table.We reserved a booth next to the stage where this cool band Corey recommended was playing.

"So how you've been?," he asked me,sitting close next to me.

I nodded and shrugged."Touring.Rehearsing." I answered blankly taking a big gulp from my Shirley Temple.

"You don't sound too happy about it." He said."What's up?"

I sighed,debating whether to tell him about Joe or not."I've been having problems with my-somewhat love life and it's kind of interfering with my work." I leaned against the table,playing with his velvet jacket that was also next to me.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that Mels.Anyone in particular?" He asked.

I sighed."I rather not say.But we both liked each other for a long time now,but he's sending me mixed signals.Its like one day we're here,one day we're there.Its just- confusing."

Corey listened intently.I was glad I was able to tell Corey this stuff.Despite being my ex,he was also my best friend.I'm glad we're comfortable enough with each other.

"Have you spoken about it?"

"No.Every time we do it just ends up in a big fight."

Corey took a sip from his cup."It's Joey isn't it?"

I looked up right away."How did you know?"

He chuckled."When we were dating I just got this "jealous" vibe from him." He continued to laugh.

"No way!," I started to laugh.

"Yeah I truly did.I mean I wasn't really worried about it.But I kind of figured.He made it really obvious too.Surprised you didn't know."

I rolled my eyes back.Why am I the last to know everything?

Corey took his hand into mine."Listen Melissa,you're doing so amazing with your career right now.Please don't throw it away.And don't let Joe get you down."

I smiled softly.I don't know what came over me but I gave him a light peck on the lips.He smiled,and did the same thing,only a little more with feeling.

It  was nice.

It felt really nice.

•••••

"Teen Idols Melissa Franks and Corey Haim seen out in the town last night around sunset boulevard. Witnesses say that they seemed very close last night, a little too close some described."

I stood there watching the tv,chewing on my red painted nails as the Hollywood reporter was basically exposing me in front of my very eyes.

".. not only that,but this isn't the first time the on and off couple have been seen together. Supposedly they were seen together in the Kids Choice Awards back in March and have been in contact ever since-"

The tv turned off. I looked up and saw Joe standing in the doorway,with a flushed face and the remote in his hand.

I stood up,as he just stood there,watching the now blank tv.

"You weren't anything serious huh?," he looked over towards me.

"Joe we were only out for dinner-,"

"Stop playing dumb with me you still love him!," he growled.

"No I don't! We're just friends I was just talking to him-"

"No because I saw you guys! I saw you guys kiss in the restaurant!"

I stood there shook."You were stalking me?!"

"No I was there with Meredith and we-"

"Ohhh so you were there with Meredith huh?So when you hang out with other people it's fine but when I do you call me a slut!" I was getting angry. So angry my body was shaking.

"I told you it came out the wrong way I wasn't trying to call you a slut!," he fought back. We were getting closer to each other.

"Ugh then what were you trying to say?!"

"I don't know that's the thing about you! I think about you too much and I get too fucking confused!"

"What do you mean I get you confused?!"

"You! I think about you like every fucking day! You get me sick! Every time I see you my fucking heart pounds.My hands are clammy,my stomach turns like I got food poisoning.I love you so much you make me fucking sick.I hate it! I really hate it!" He yelled.

As he was saying those words,instead of being offended,I thought it was quite cute.The way he described his sickly desire of wanting to be with me was quite intriguing.

"You love me?," I asked him calmly.

His voice chilled down."Yeah." His raspy voice echoed."I love you."

My heart warmed up."All this time?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "All this time."

"Then why your with Meredith?"

"I couldn't accept that I was in love with you.I needed to think about you with somebody else."

My heart churned.I grabbed his face and kissed him. He did the same thing with his hands resting on my hips.

For once,I think our problematic relationship was somewhat resolved.

_______________________________

Hehehhee

(Peep the 1975 reference)