Ignorance was Bliss (Random U...

By Lauail

Truth or Dare was meant to be a bit of fun, going round to Theo's was meant to be relaxing and a time for all... More

One more
This moment right here
Just my luck
As if
Mitchell Foster
Stick skills
Dinner for one
Purple gummy worm
Does my bum look big in this?
What harm could it do?
Truth or Dare
Walk down memory lane
Tickle war
Feed the hangover monster
Silent
Feelings
Leap of faith
Eskimo kisses
Players, ice creams and starlight
Cake and eat it too
Year to remember
Comfort Zone
You are my hero
Friendly
Hope
Shots anyone?
Jealousy?
Dancing
Open minded
My brain is going to explode.
I'm actually doing this?
New beginnings
Monday Morning
Girls Dinner
Muffins
Mum
Shirtless Noah
Please tell me you're not naked!
What just happened there?
Home Truths
My Mitch Bubble
Together forever as one
Friends?
Who's the boss?
Time with Kayden
Trust in what we have
Kisses make it better
Insecurities

Thursday Night

406 37 2
By Lauail

The week passed me by in a blur. I spent my lunch in the library doing homework or reading, after school Libby and I would do some extra practice drills and some of the new girls joined us and at night I spent time with my Mum. She seems to be doing really well, Sam has been good for her and she is talking about a promotion at work which would be amazing for her confidence as well and I have avoided the guys at all costs. It has been getting harder every day to not run over to them, hug them and not let go but they hurt me.

Standing slouched at the counter at work the bell chimed and I looked up to see Libby, Poppy and Theo walk in.

"Hey guys" I say smiling. They walk over towards me looking slightly awkward.

"What's wrong? Has something happened?" Seeing Poopy with Libby wasn't unusual but at my work with Theo?

"Don't worry everything is fine" Poppy said obviously trying to get me to understand they weren't here about Mum.

"Well why do you all look like something is wrong?" I say standing up straight looking at them.

"I'm just here as support" Theo states raising his hands in defence.

"O...k? So why are you guys here?" I say looking between Poppy and Libby

"This has gone on too long" Libby states "Poppy and I, in fact even Theo, are sick of getting messages from the guys asking how you are, what your doing, where you are etcetera, so we thought we would come and talk to you about what is going on and how we fix it. You have all been best friends forever and it's pulling our group apart I can't see them all so sad and deflated anymore" she states staring me straight in the eyes. Her bright blue eyes seem to sparkle and hold my stare with a look of determination "now spill!" She demands

I don't think I can. How is her knowing going to help? It wouldn't she would flip her shit and it involves her brother there is no way I can talk about it.

I look at Poppy pleading with my eyes to help me out of this situation. She looks back with a sympathetic smile. " I can't Libby" I whisper. "I wish I could but to me this is really big and I need time to deal with it and space is the only way" I say, space really isn't helping but I don't tell her that.

"You all need to talk and sort this out some how. It can't go on, I can't stand to see you so down and the guys expressions are heartbreaking. I know it must be somethings big to go on this long but I want to help" she pleads.

"How about a deadline then" Poppy adds " why don't we put a time limit on how long you have untill you speak to the guys before Libby pushes you further to find out?" She says looking at me with a hopeful expression.

"How long" I ask

"Sunday" Libby states with her hands on her hips begging me to argue

That's three days away, I have the game on Saturday and party Saturday Night. Hopefully I can work myself up to talk to them by then. Couldn't I? I look at her and nod.

"Is that a yes?" She questions

"Yes, but once this is over I don't need to tell you what happened. Understood?" I tell her pointing at her.

She's silent for a moment and looks to Theo who nods at her and looks at me with a smile. "Fine! But if you haven't spoken to them by Sunday then you need to tell me what's going on. Agreed?"

"Agreed" I say quickly. Now I really need to speak with them and she bloody knows it!

"Great! Now I'm thirsty! Can I get a cappachino? Oh and can I have a heart on top please?" She asks excitedly.

"Can I have a hot chocolate with a teddy please H?" Poppy asks with her puppy dog eyes.

"Coffee art?" Theo asks with a questioning face.

"Yea, we pride ourselves on it" I say smiling "do you want something?"

"YEA! I need to see those skills in action, hmmm a'll take a mochachino please and just surprise me with my design, oh and 3 slices of the chocolate cake it looks delicious" he says licking his lips making me laugh.

"Sure thing, go find a table and a'll bring it over" I wave him off and they turn to sit down.

"See I told you coffee was a good idea" Libby laughs.

"You ok?" poppy asks "Lib called and I thought it was better I came cause you know she wouldn't of given in untill you told her everything. Sorry about the time thing I didn't know how else to pacify her" she says with a sad smile.

"Am glad you came and your right it was better you were a buffer" I say laughing "plus the timeframe is a good thing. I need to talk to them, I miss them and would of kept avoiding them otherwise you know how stubborn I can get so now I need to talk to them about it all and sort it out. I can't talk to Lib about it all it would be too awkward" I say with a huff.

"I know but I think she might be able to help, she knows them and they are her best friends too you know."

"Once I figure out what's going on I will talk to her but please don't say anything P I don't want to have to deal with her beating them up along with everything else"I laugh

"True" she says "I'll go join them now. Will you drive me home when you finish? She asks.

"Sure P" smiling she leaves to join them and I get started on the coffees.

We spent the remainder of the night catching up talking about the game on Saturday and the start of the soccer season. Theo said he's going to throw the party on Saturday as his parents are away again which makes me feel ten times better about going to the party knowing its at his house and I can escape upstairs if needed.

"Hey ladies... And gent" Miranda says coming into the shop.

"Hey!" We greet while I continue to restock the coffee beans.

"All ready for the game on Saturday Captain" Miranda asks coming over to me to start cashing up.

"Yea I think we are" I say enthusiastically "we've been doing extra drills and practices lately with a few of the newbies and we are getting stronger"

"That's great Holly! You deserve to be Captain you can see how much you care" she says with a warm smile. "You guys run along, I won't make it to see you but I want to hear all about it next week"

"Will do Miranda" I say walking into the back room to get my things. "See you later"

"Bye, good luck girls" she shouts to Libby and I and we all wave heading out the door.

"Right, we'll see you tomorrow" I say hugging Libby bye and smiling at Theo.

"Thanks for the cake and hot chocolate Theo" Poppy adds shyly from behind me.

"No worries Pops, it was nice to finally talk to you, I've heard so much about you from the girls and it's nice to see that one of the Mackay girls isn't aggressive" he says laughing looking at me. "Ow! See she just proved my point" he says rubbing his arm where I nipped him pointing at me.

"Ha ha ha Theo! See you later" turning to walk with Poppy to the car. Just as I was about to open the door someone taps my shoulder. Turning I see its Theo.

"Hey, something wrong?" I ask

" no, no I just wanted to say that I don't know the full story about what's going on but I do know that I have never met guys like Kayden, Mitch, Noah and Finn before. They care so deeply for you that I swear I can feel their sadness from the expressions on their faces. If they have said or done something to upset you they have done it with the best intentions not to purposely make you sad or mad. Just know that." He says squeezing my shoulder and walking away.

Getting in the car I start the engine and head for home.

"What was that about?" Poppy questions

"Nothing, just telling me some truths that's all" I say

I know he's right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

THE CURSE LOVE By Shadiyah

Mystery / Thriller

566 10 27
He pulls me closer to him and stares at me as if he wanted to express everything he wanted to. He holds my waist, moves his soft hands on my body, gr...
1.3K 147 31
"Where's Emma?" asked Theo. "She's dead, I killed her!" I said sadly. "No, Emma is not dead!" he replied. "Do not speak her name under this roof!" I...
79.1K 3.2K 30
Cadence leaves an abusive boyfriend after years of abuse. She wants to find love, true love, can't live without you love! Can she make it through the...
11.8K 176 44
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...