Wings of Destiny ❤

By FairySalvatore

He has been my protector, He has been shore to my sea, Now it's my turn, For him I shall challenge Destiny. A... More

Summary
Prelude
Prologue
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Haylien
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya
Haylien
Xander
Freya
Xander
Freya.
Xander
Freya.
Xander
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Xander
Leonard
Freya
Xander
Freya
Leonard
Xander
Freya
Xander
Important
Epilogue
Request

Freya

6.8K 480 78
By FairySalvatore

His actions leave me surprised,

an unsaid gentleness around him,

He has a kind of glow,

That can lighten up a word too dim.

Freya

At my previous school, I was a normal teenage girl with no too much attention on me. But here I was stuck between trouble, drama and handsome guys. While my morning started with being tagged along with still in denial and arguing mode Haylien and Tessa.

My classes were spent with Alexander who was not a bully but a friend now.

And then Leonard Blaze was another problem. That guy was at the random places where I go like at Barney's , at the local cafe , etc. I didn't tell Alexander about it because that would mean violence and I hated that.

So it was a relief that when the weekend came over and I planned to leave the town to meet my sister and my new born nephew who was named Luke. I was excited and really happy after a long time. I packed my bags for a two-day trip and even got up early on Saturday to leave. But all the relief and excitement turned to shock and anxiety when I saw a car parked outside my house which belonged to none other than Alexander Comhan.

"What are you doing here on a weekend Xander?"

I looked around carefully for my mother who just closed the door behind me.

"I am here to be your ride."

He can't possibly know I was going to my sister's place which was three-hour drive the town.

"Are you sure?" I asked just in case.

"Three-hour ride is nothing." He said coolly and I cursed Tessa for sharing information with people.

Without a further ado, I sat down in his car. I was incredibly comfortable Xander now.

"You might regret this," I warned him not sure why.

"Long drive with you, I don't think so." He grinned and my heart reacted as always.

"You might get bored there," I said.

"Then you entertain me." He said reminding me of the time when I was his slave for a week.

"Yeah sure, should I dance for you?"

"That will be interesting." Xander sounded amused.

And I hit him on his arm as he laughed loudly.

Then the drive was fun, I didn't even realise when three hours went by. I realised Xander was a loud music lover while he was hungry after every half an hour. While he didn't even let me sleep a little.

After three hours and twenty minutes, we were outside my sister's place. It has been three days since she got back from the hospital and I could see a few cars parked outside her house which meant she had other guests. It has been almost more than a year since I last saw her.

Excited , I rang the door bell.

Her husband, Sean opened the door and pulled me in for a hug, "Freya, it is so good to see you. Mel is waiting for you."

"Sean , this is Xander, my friend from school."

Sean and Xander did the official male handshake. As we were about to enter the house, Xander held my arm to stop me, "I am really bad with kids Freya."

Xander the great looked nervous.

"Don't worry, I am good with them," I told him holding back a smile.

"That will be good for our kids." He said as if genuinely relieved.

And I was too shocked to react and blushing furiously I entered the house.

There were few people busy having drinks and cookies over the table. I pulled Xander quickly with me to Melinda's room in order to avoid guests and their questions.

"She slept half an hour ago," Sean said with an apologetic smile.

"Doesn't matter, I am more interested in Luke," I whispered.

I carefully walked towards a sleeping baby and stifled a gasp in delight. He was soft, fragile and exceptionally beautifully.

"Can I touch him?" I asked Sean.

"Sure, I still have guests to attend. I will see you guys later."

"This kid is beautiful," Xander said surprising me.

"He is, isn't he?"

"His soul is so pure?" Xander whispered in a trance.

His words oddly made sense, as if I know he could see the soul.

Even before I could touch Luke, Xander held his minuscule fingers and the kid smiled in his sleep. It was peaceful for that moment as I saw Xander gently caressing the child and the little one smiling at his touch.

Didn't he say he was bad with kids?

He lifted the new born in his arms and with an expertise he held him placing his hand under Luke's neck. Somehow Luke didn't wake up even when he was lifted from the cradle and I saw a soft, almost angelic side to Xander that I bet no one has ever seen.

Xander has his eyes closed and suddenly I saw a tear escape his eyes.

"Xander?" I asked concerned now.

He opened his eyes looking a little surprised himself and then looked around as if I woke him up from a dream.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to him.

"I guess I am." He said now carefully laying down the baby.

I didn't ask him the reason behind his tears or why I looked as if he carried a guilt. He brushed his hands over Luke's head as if giving him a blessing and then stepped back.

I just bent down and kissed his forehead. But even that made the child stir in his sleep. I wondered how Xander managed to make him smile with just one touch.

"Freya." My sister said in a heavy voice.

She was awake and little wearied out after giving birth to a child.

"Hi, Mel," I went in for a hug.

"God, I missed you like hell, especially when this guy started kicking inside. I wanted to share my joy with you. Only calling you was not enough." Mel shared her thoughts that made me sentimental.

"Mom will be coming next week. After all the begging she allowed me to come this week. Next is her turn." I told her and she laughed.

"And who is this handsome guy?" She asked looking at Xander appreciatively.

Melinda, you are married and with a kid.

"Alexander, a friend from school," I introduced.

"Hi, it's finally nice to meet you after all I heard during the ride here." He said in his charismatic way.

"Just friends, huh?" My sister was being my sister.

Apparently being an adult did her no good and she still was into torturing me.

"I like to think we are more but she keeps friend-zoning me," Xander said with ease and I glared at him.

"I like the guy Freya, I approve."

"Shut up, Melinda." I was busy glaring at everyone in the room now.

My cheeks were betraying me and probably were blood red now with all the blushing.

"Take care of the child Melinda," Xander said changing the topic but there was an edge of concern in his tone.

"And I will leave you to take rest before you embarrass me any further," I said trying to run away and hide somewhere now.

As I bent down again to give another peck to the child, I felt a sharp jolt in my head with another one of flashes. And this time, I saw Luke dead in my arms. I jerked away and my back collided with Xander.

"Freya, are you alright?" My sister asked.

"F-fine. Just tired after long drive." I lied a little petrified now.

All my flashes included Xander but this one was weird and truly horror. Xander thankfully held my arm as we walked out letting them rest. I was trembling right now.

"You saw him dead?" Xander whispered as we walked up to the guest room.

Shocked out of the wits I looked at Xander and remembered his tears a few moments ago.

"Did you?" I asked sounding terrified even to myself.

And he nodded a slow yes.

____________________________________

Worried? Surprised? In suspense. 

Keep calm awesome readers and wait for the next update whih btw depends on my mood :D

Do remember to vote and SHARE your thoughts, remember your comments make me feel that you guys appreciate my work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 8.4K 48
Meet Willow Woods, a very passionate beautiful girl who has a fun and free personality. Willow always knows what she wants and she won't let herself...
549 114 34
The Angels Wings Genre: Romance/Action/Humor Our main character (Amara) died. I know sad, but not to her. In fact her death was the greatest thing...
746 78 20
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO READ DESPITE HEAVEN & HELL THEME Calla Simmons has an average life. She's average. Everything about her is just th...
163 22 41
This is a story when two opposite people a boy who's called Jamie and a girl who's called Emily like two different magnets drawing closer together a...