Step 1: Make Changkyun Stay

Od VerifiedFangurlXX

"Nubilityisdebutingagain." "What?" Changkyun took another sip of his coffee, his eyes never leaving the elder... Viac

description
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
epilogue
extra chapter one
extra chapter two
sequel

chapter twelve

8.3K 438 0
Od VerifiedFangurlXX

Kihyun was wondering what he could cook with the frozen beef in his hands when he heard a shut of the door, followed by a clicking sound. He paused, pondering over if he should check who had entered. He was about to put the meat back into the shelf when he heard someone gasping for air. 

Really violently.

Glancing towards the source of the sound uneasily, he placed the meat back to its original position just as the heavy breathing became even more rapid. Walking briskly to the door, he halted at the sight before him. 

Changkyun sat against the door, wheezing. 

To say Kihyun knew what to do, would be a huge lie.

Taking timid steps towards the rapper, he stared at the shivering body on the floor. "Changkyun?"

He braced himself as he watched Changkyun slowly lift up his head to look at him in the eyes. It was a small action, and yet Kihyun felt himself melting a little at the cute scene before him. But it was short-lived.

The vocalist noticed the emptiness behind those brown orbs.

Changkyun looked away almost instantly, his hands wrapped around himself, as if he was shielding himself from Kihyun. His action stung Kihyun a bit.

"Why are you here?" Kihyun tried to ask, before berating himself. Does he look like he could answer your question? Kihyun shook his head, before squatting down beside the younger. 

"Changkyun, try taking in large breathes and slowly breathe it out, through your mouth." The vocalist tried to imitate what the Nu'bility member had done the other day.

Aware that it wasn't working, Kihyun wrapped his arms around the younger, and felt the younger tensing up even more. Ignoring that, he told himself, Jeongwook could do it that day, you could too. Except there was no bed around for Changkyun to lie down, and the cold floor was not an option either, so Kihyun opted for the next best solution. His deadly weapon.

His voice. 

Kihyun started singing a soft, acoustic version of the debut track, hoping it would calm Changkyun down.

And it worked.

As the seconds passed, Kihyun could feel the tension in Changkyun's body evaporate away and he continued to sing, trying hard not to mess up, until Changkyun's breathing gradually steadied itself. While the melody of lyrics flowed out of the older's mouth, he subconsciously took in every feature of Changkyun. It was only then did he realize that the younger wasn't as ugly as what the others had said. He even looked better than decent, Kihyun thought. As the song finished, he lifted Changkyun's head. "Are you feeling better?"

Changkyun nodded, but Kihyun noticed how he shivered for a fraction of a second. Without a moment's hesitation, he slipped off his own jacket and covered Changkyun's body with it. 

"What's with your face?" Kihyun couldn't help but question the emotion on the rapper's face.

"I-" The rapper's voice came out raspy and a lot deeper than usual, "got these acne scars since-"

"Changkyun, you're not ugly. At all - if that's what you're implying." The vocalist interrupted, not understanding how Changkyun could even have that thought. "I meant, what's with look of fear? I don't bite - not normally, at least."

"Oh." Kihyun tried not to laugh as Changkyun's cheeks grew a tint of red. A smile made its way onto the vocalist's face as he realized that he had made Changkyun blush.

"The door's locked." Changkyun tried to answer as monotonously as possible, trying to hide his burning cheeks.

Finally understanding the situation, Kihyun nodded. "I'll just call the members." He pushed back the question that emerged into his mind - how the hell did Changkyun lock himself in? Or, who locked him in?

But just as Kihyun dialed a number, the device flickered before shutting itself, diminishing all hopes of leaving the place.

"Shit." Both the members mumbled, locking eyes with each other.

-

"It's getting really cold in here." Kihyun mumbled, walking around in circles in hopes of getting warmth somehow.

"Here, you can have this back." Kihyun stared at his own jacket in Changkyun's outstretched hands and shook his head.

"Shownu and the others should be here soon - I told them where i was going before coming here." 

Changkyun nodded, feeling his eyelids becoming heavier and heavier. His empty stomach didn't help and all of a sudden, the world was spinning before him. He clutched at his forehead, willing for the dizziness to go away. Not wanting to alarm the Kihyun, he held in the groan his body was itching to let out.

But before he knew it, his vision blurred before darkness engulfed him.

"I really hope they come soon." 

Noticing he received no reply, Kihyun glanced towards Changkyun, who laid still onto the floor. "Changkyun?" 

Panic became evident in his eyes when he realized how spiritless the other was.

Taking big strides towards the younger, he hoisted the younger up in his arms and shook him gently in hopes of waking him up. 'Changkyun, Changkyun!" 

The shaking became more violent until he realized how fruitless his attempt was.

The vocalist stared wide-eyed in despair at the lifeless body in his hands.

Just then, door flung open and Kihyun met the gaze of a worried Shownu. The eldest quickly got the gist of the situation and hoisted Changkyun up bridal style in his arms. Pushing past Wonho who was outside the room, Kihyun followed after Shownu who was already rushing to the car park. 

They were fortunate enough to meet the manager on the way and he quickly drove them to the nearest hospital. Throughout the ride, Kihyun constantly held Changkyun's hands, praying that the latter would be fine, while Wonho called the other members. 

When they finally arrived, Shownu picked Changkyun up with ease once again and they soon were left outside the room while the doctor checked on Changkyun.

"Would anyone like to enlighten me about what happened?" The manager's arms was folded as his gaze landed on the six members who sat on the benches.

"I was picking some ingredients to cook, when I heard a click. Changkyun said the door was locked - I think someone locked him in." Kihyun cleverly avoided mentioning about the youngest's hyperventilation - he didn't want to jeopardize Changkyun's means of a debut, especially when the latter was already facing the threat of being kicked out of the group.

"Do you remember the day where we all went to the gym?" Wonho's eyes widened. "I saw a huge bandage across his abdominal area while we were doing pull ups. It was nasty - it looked like someone kicked him - repeatedly." The vocalist gulped.

Hyungwon let out a shaky breath. "I saw him clutching the same area in pain the other day when he woke up."

It didn't take a genius to link everything up and realize what was happening.

"Someone has been bullying him." Shownu stated. His forehead was creased with worry as he frowned.

Everyone's attention turned towards Minhyuk who let out a soft sniffle. "What, I just - how the hell did he survive the bullying, on top of me being mean?"

Jooheon chuckled humorlessly. "He is one tough dude."

Just then, the doctor came out. 

"He's fine, just deprived of food. Also, all the bruises all over his body? They will heal eventually but there's one on his stomach that is more severe. It had started to heal though, so don't worry. I'll recommend him to stay here for one night, as he hasn't wake up yet."

The manager nodded, just as the members heaved a sigh of relief. "Let him stay for a night then."

After the doctor left, the members slumped back into the seats. "Thank god he's fine." Wonho breathed out.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

2.5K 50 12
Lex just got chosen to be apart of a new Kpop group when he ends up meeting Taemin. But what happens when he finds out their groups hate each other...
197K 7.1K 17
ATEEZ's leader had a secret. One that he was adamant on keeping a secret. What happens when he reaches his breaking point and the members find out? H...
1.2K 75 19
Jake Sully, a former army commander, and his lovely family moved from Cambodia to San Francisco. After the death of Neytiri's father, the family deci...
33K 1.1K 31
Basically what the title suggests, but with a whole lot of fluff, love, angst and ZEROBASEONE on crack! Cross posted on AO3 under the username @kkcz...