The Jerk Next Door

由 burgerqu33n

He had a mischevious look on his face. "What? I asked. "Well I think you deserve a punishment for dragging me... 更多

Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen

Chapter one

46.6K 368 63
由 burgerqu33n

Idk what to say so yeah, enjoy, cool, whatever, yep ok. 

Picture is of Aaron Johnson who plays Breccan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groaned, grabbing my head in my hands. With as much force as I could muster I sat up and grabbed the alarm clock and threw it at the wall. The glass broke into tiny fragments and shattered onto the floor. Shoving the pillow over my head I fell asleep again.

*8:10am*

"Shit!' I shouted. Damn, first day of school and i'm already running late. Jumping out of bed I ran to the bathroom and turned on the shower.

After drying myself I wrapped myself up in my towel and blow dried then straightened my long brown hair.

I threw on my dark blue skinny jeans and a white off-the-shoulder top. I stared at myself in the mirror, the jeans helped bring out my deep blue eyes.

Ok, I'm not ugly but to be honest i'm not the prettiest girl either but I seriously couldn't care less what people thought of me.

I have a tiny tan, nice nose and my skin was clear of those disgusting zits. So in all honesty, I was pretty.

My name is Sapphire, hence the eyes, I was lucky to inherit them from my father.

I was always daddy's little girl but that's changed now. Everything has changed. But anyway, we moved out of our house in the city and moved only yesterday to a much quieter place. My mum never liked the city anyway, plus my Aunt Jenna, whos my mum's sister lives only a block from our new house. 

Grabbing my school bag I rushed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Hey little sis, late for the first day of school already then, how very clever of you" Breccan, my twin brother smirked.

"Oh, ha ha Breccan. You know we are the same age you know, so quit acting like we're not." I narrowed my eyes at him, whilst shoving past.

Sorry to break it to you ladies but my brother is a player. Yes, he's good looking but he knows it. Arrogant little boy. He takes after my mum, her dark hair and brown eyes. 

"No no little one, I am a whole seven minutes older than you and don't forget it." And with that, he grabbed three pieces of toast, went outside and drove off to school in his car.

"Pig." I muttered, seven is now my least favourite number. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and my mum appeared. Small wrinkles appeared under her eyes, she was tired, so tired of working, sleeping, having us kids to deal with. So tired of missing my father. We all were. But I hid it well.

"Get to school Sapphire, you're going to be late." She pointed to the door with a small smile.

"Yes mum." I sighed. "I was just tired from unpacking."

"I know honey just eat your cereal and get to school quickly, you don't want to make a bad first impression" she said.

"Ok mum, see you later." I gave her a hug, threw on my leather black converses and ran out to my car.

------------

Ronan High School I thought as I was pulling into a parking space. It looks very modern from the outside. Without looking I quickly threw my door open in order to get to class faster but as I did i heard a loud 'thump' from behind the door. I winced, that ought to hurt. 

"What the hell!' A deep voice shouted. I closed the door carefully to find a guy sprawled on the floor with a very angry expression on his face. 

"Oh god." This is all too hilarious, his face all scrunched up like that. Fuck it, I need to laugh. Fits of laughter streamed out of me as I pointed down at him, clutching my stomach.

"You think this is funny?" He shouted, turning red. "What the hell is wrong with you? You absolute bitch!"

Well this dude was pissed. I don't care if it was my fault. No one shouts at me and gets away with it. So being my obnoxious and rude self, I shouted back.

"Don't you dare call me a bitch."  I spat venomously.

He looked taken aback. But quickly recovered his shocked face and stood up. And as slowly as he could, he said that word one more time. "Bitch." 

What a sly asshole. Stepping closer, our bodies so close to touching, I glared at him. 

"Say bitch, one more time." My voice daring him to do so. 

I took a moment to look at him. He was taller than me with black floppy hair that covered his eyes. Muscles tensing underneath his tight blue shirt. He flicked his hair to the side and I gasped. Piercing green eyes glazed back at me, fire burning through them. The intensity was so strong. A feeling swirling inside of them. One feeling. Hate.

"Bitch."

Well that brought me back to reality. A small smile spread across my face as I extended my hand back and slapped it hard over his cheek. A burning sensation spread through my palm, but I hid it well and kept my face emotionless.

The boy stared at me dumbfounded and stumbled back. Not wanting to be anymore late to class than I was, I turned on the heel of my shoe and stormed towards the school and heading for the office.

I chuckled to myself, going over what just happened in my mind. I may seem sweet and innocent just by looking at me, but get on the wrong side of me and you won't even see what's coming to you.

The lady at the office spoke bluntly to me, giving me the rules of the school, their expectations, my timetable and my locker combination.

Meandering around for what seemed like forever, I finally found my locker. Entering the code -454- I shoved some books inside and tried to find my next class.

Suddenly the bell rang, it's piercing shrill travelling through the corridors. The hallway was instantly flooded with students most of them looking relieved to be out of class. I groaned. How am I suppose to find my way to class through all these people? 

I decided to just stand there until the corridors were cleared, that way I could find my way easier. Whilst standing there I felt a pair of eyes on me. Turning my head I tried looking for the culprit and came eye to eye with girl with deep blue eyes and blonde hair in the style of a bob.

"Can I help you?" I asked blandly. Not really wanting to bother with her. 

Her stare widened. "Saff?" She asked curiously. I looked at her, searching her face. She looked slightly familiar but my mind couldn't establish where I knew her from.

"Sorry, do I know you?" I asked her, more politely than I was speaking to her before. Smiling at me she spoke. "Yeah, I'm Kiara."

As soon as she said that, my whole barrier of pushing people away came crashing down. "Kiara? Really?"  I asked her incredulously 

She nodded excitedly. A huge grin appearing across her face. She pulled me in, hugging me with so much happiness and to my surprise I hugged her back with just as much force. It had been a while since I'd hugged someone other than my family. 

"What are you doing here?" She squealed loudly. 

I smiled until I realised she was waiting for an answer. The answer wasn't hard to say. It wasn't hard to say to people I didn't know. But I knew Kiara. And Kiara was a whole different story. 

Oh Dad why did you leave me in this world of suffering and pain?

The look in her eyes showed years of friendship. I trusted her. 

"My dad." Was all I managed to choke out before a silent tear slipped from my eye.

This couldn't be happening.

Sapphire Winters does not cry.

But she loved me and I loved her. She was my best friend. Back when we were 15. But she moved away and we didn't keep in contact. Two years later, she still looked at me like I was her best friend. 

She grabbed my hand quickly and pulled me into the girls bathroom, locking the door behind her. Luckily for me, no one was in here. Slumping to the ground, I held my head in my hands. Shaking ever so slightly. 

"Sapphire." She said, her voice so full of sincerity and calmness. "Tell me what happened."

I swatted at my cheeks, wiping away my tears. I gave her a small smile. "He's dead."

-------------

After we cleaned ourselves up and checked that we looked at least some what decent in the mirror we walked to History. I found out she was in most of my classes luckily. 

"Kiara Turner, you are ten minutes late. No more excuses this time. I'm fed up of you walking in late and-" The teachers eyes turned to me.

"Mr Rollinson I was just bringing Sapphire to class, she was lost." She smiled at me before going to her seat.

"Very well," He cleared his throat. "Sapphire please come to the front and introduce yourself."

All eyes were on me as I slowly made my way to the front of the class. I could feel their stares piercing into my back. I twirled around and faced the class.

"So, um, my name's Sapphire Winters.. and I moved from New York... and.. uh ...yeah." I heard a few chuckles. I may be a tough girl but I hate speaking in front of an audience unless well, i'm in an argument. I seriously hope I don't have to do this in every class. 

"Thank you, now have a seat next to Dylan" He jestured to the empty seat and found myself in a second encounter with those mesmirizing green eyes. 

"Oh look it's the psycho bitch who pushed me over in the car park." Dylan, that jerk, announced to the class. A few people gasped but the majority stayed quiet listening to what I would say next.

"Firstly, I didn't push you over, you obviously ran into my car door. Secondly, you're the conceited idiot who thinks they can treat people like shit in front of a crowd and," I turned to the rest of the class, "thirdly, this is a conversation between 'A' " I pointed to myself. "And 'B'. " I pointed to Dylan. "So you can all mind your own business."

At that moment everyone turned away, their eyes looking anywhere but at me. A triumphant smile spread across my face as I took my seat.

The rest of the lesson went by fast and as soon as the bell rang Dylan sprang from his seat and rushed out the door. Smirking I sent him a telepathic message which he probably didn't get but it was worth a try.

'Would you like a napkin with than because you just got served.'    

I was making my way to my next class only to be grabbed by Kiara.

"What just happened in there?" She questioned.

"What are you talking about?"

"You just made Dylan Carson look like a complete idiot!" She squealed. God how can someone so skinny be so energetic.

"Yeah well he deserved it, he's a two faced egotistical jerk who called me a bitch. So I went up and slapped him." I said casually.

Her jaw dropped.

"What?" I asked.

"What do you mean what? You not only made a complete fool of him in class but you slapped our schools most hottest player."

Schools most hotest player? Now I was not surprised at that.

"Yeah but like I said Kiara, he's a jerk and he deserved it."

"A hot jerk." She sighed dreamily.

----------------------

The next few lessons went by smoothly and lunch eventually came around. After putting some books in my locker I walked to the canteen. Once I entered everyone stared at me whilst probably wondering who the new girl would sit with at lunch on her first day.

I quietly got my food and turned around, how I dreaded this part in all those teen movies where the new kid would sit by themself on the first day. 

"Sapphire" I heard a shout from the canteen entrance and saw Kiara enter with a pretty girl with vibrant red curly hair. I thanked Kiara in my mind telepathically for saving me from that nightmare.

"Hey want to sit with us at lunch?" She asked when she reached me. I nodded, eager to get away from the stares.

"Oh this is Shay by the way." The girl Kiara pointed to looked familiar.

"Nice to meet you, I'm in the same Art class as you," Shay smiled.

"You too."

I followed them to a round table in corner of the cafeteria and we sat down and started to chat.

"So hows your first day at Ronan High School?" Shay questioned.

"Um, it's alright I suppose." Frowning at the earlier incident with Dylan.

"She insulted Dylan Carson!" Kiara squeeked.

"Wait that was you? You insluted the Dylan Carson?" Shay said emphasising the 'the'. Her eyes widening.

I rolled my eyes, gossip sure travels fast around here."Yes the jerk." I muttered. What's with everyone obsessing over this guy.

"Wow." Was all she said before we were joined by a guy with short brown hair and chocolate eyes.

"This is Nathaniel. He's gay." Shay spoke bluntly.

Nathaniel rolled his eyes. "Gee thanks for pointing that out Shay." He said sarcastically. "Call me Nate." He said shaking my hand.

I smiled at him. "Hey Nate."

All of a sudden a tray slammed on the table and I looked up to see a girl with jet black hair and a angry look on her face. I've seen that expression somewhere...

Dylan's angry expression in the car park suddenly came to my mind.

"Ugh, Miss Howard gave me another detention! I mean seriously! Another one! How many does she need to give me already. And this time I wasn't doing anything, I promise. All I did was throw pencils at Tyler because he-" She stopped and looked at me and then turned red. 

"Oh god, I can't believe you heard me blabber like that. How embarrasing. Sorry that you heard me complaining it's just that Mrs H-" Before she could continue Kiara slapped her hand over the girls mouth and glanced at me.

"Sorry about that, this is Alyssa and she just talks quite a bit"

I randomly started laughing. These people were funny. They gave me weird expressions and eventually we all ended up laughing at each other because of how stupid I looked whilst laughing at them. 

"So hows your annoying brother?" Asked Kiara. Those two hardly got on but they haven't seen each other for two years so hopefully they can forget the times that they pulled each others hair out and smashed each others toys.

"You have a brother?" Nate had this evil smile on his face. "Is he hot?" 

Everyone at the table burst into fits of laughter but I just stared at him blandly. "Not cool dude." I said, shaking my head. "But speaking of the devil, here he is now." I pointed to him as he came through the door with three girls hanging on to him. Typical. One of them was even holding his tray of food for him. Stupid manwhore. Nate's eyes widened as he took in Breccan's body. Oh sweet lord this is disgusting. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if my brother even attracted straight guys and made them turn gay for him or some weird shit like that. 

Breccan's eyes landed on me and he sauntered over.

"Hello Twinny." He smirked. One of the girls clutching to him asked "Is she your sister?"

I gave her a pointed look. Well no shit. 

He nodded and she immediately came over to me and started telling me how we are going to be the best of friends or something like that, I wasn't really paying attention to a slut sitting next to me only using me for my brother. Breccan scanned my table and his eyes landed on Kiara. She gulped and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" He said to Kiara.

She just stared up at him with wide eyes. I nudged her and she snapped out of her trance and looked at me with a dazed expression on her face.

"Brec, do you remember Kiara?" I asked him. Some type of emotion flickered across his face, I couldn't recognise what it was because it passed to quickly.

"What? Kiara? No way...you look...different." He stammered turning a light shade of red.

"Um... thanks?" She looked confused.

"Oh I didn't mean it like that... I just .. uh never mind." Then he walked away hurriedly. Everyone on the table turned to stare at Kiara.

Alyssa was the first to speak. "And what was all that about?" 

"What, I don't get what you mean." Kiara said avoiding eye contact.

"You totally like him!" Nate whispered excitedly and she blushed. My jaw dropped. No way! It was worse enough Nate liking Breccan but Kiara liking my TWIN brother and I emphasise the word TWIN who is my own flesh and blood is beyond disturbing. 

"Ew Kiara!" I yelped at her. She blushed even redder. Gross. 

"Aw Saff don't be like that, I still see him as that same twat it's just he's well.... grown up?" She looked embarrassed.

"No offence Kiara but that's my brother and incase you've forgotten he's still the same guy who threw carrots in your hair when you pushed him in the pool! Out of all the people, Breccan?" I wailed my hands around like a crazy woman. "Be right back, while I throw up."

"Sapphire look, it's not my fault your brother is, um, attractive is it?" Kiara said.

I started banging my head against the table just to show how against I was about her thinking he was attractive. I probably looked like the most weirdest person in the world right now but in this moment of time I did not care.

"Saff just stop being pathetic." She sulked. It's so hard to stay mad at that girl.

"Look, I'm sorry." I said, rubbing my head. Hopefully it wouldn't bruise. She looked away from me so I carried on, "how about you guys come to mine after school, I'm sure my mum would love to meet you all?"

Everyone looked happy and nodded. Kiara looked at me and smiled. 

"That would be great Saff."

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

32.5K 415 51
"I had to stop you- otherwise I would've filled your mouth with my cum, and I am far from done with you yet", he confessed pulling my thighs towards...
687K 25.4K 32
My father is the Alpha of our pack. The Midnight run pack. He is the most respected man that I have ever known. All that matters to me is me pleasing...
4.6K 259 36
"Who's there," I can't breath. I'm always looking over my shoulder ever since- I can't think about the now. I have to run but where, back to Jake? No...