Why us? (Pokemon fanfic)

De shinymewgirl

Everyday for as long as she can remember Emma has forced herself to face everything alone. She wants to belie... Mais

Prologue
1- A way back home
2- Stalling
3- Home sweet home
4- This should be good
5- Promise me
6- Good luck with that
7- Getting ready
8- Descoveries
9- Find a weak point
10- Nightmares become real
11- Break down
12- A new companion
13- I will stand my ground
14- such a joyful pain
15- unbalanced battle
16- when will it stop?
17- how much worse could things get?
18- a bad guy?
19- desperate reach for freedom
20- experimentation
21- not a second time
22- The Guardian Angel
23- rainy night camping
24- together at last
25- Fighting back
26- Not a peep
27- Nightmares come true
28- Be proud of me
29- Burning hatred
30- The key to Purity
31- Stalkers, stalkers everywhere
32- The balance of three
33- A series of unfortunate events
34- Family reunion
35- Extended family tree
36- The Legendary Plan
37- One down, two to go
38- An electrifying match up
39- Battle bonds
40- Battle with angels
41- Does anyone understand Shadow anymore?
42- It begins
43- Twisted memories
44- A new Dark Room
45- Whispers in the dark
46- A day off
47- Sweet dreams
48- Bad turns
49- The Testing Continues
50- Old habits
51- The testing ends
52- It will be okay
53- Escape
54- Almost home
55- Conciquences
56- Too much damage done
57- The Ultimate Wepon
59- Closing the rift
60- Comatose
Epilogue
Final thoughts on the 'Why?' series

58- Trust in me

173 26 20
De shinymewgirl

~Silver~

I ran down seemingly endless halls, my Feraligatr on my heels as I tailed Red. Unlike ever other Evil Organisation base I'd been through, the halls of his one were pretty straight forward-- though it still seemed just as endless. The passageways were bare, not a grunt in sight. I'm still deciding if that's a good or bad thing. Every door had been unlocked so far and we were entirely sure if this was a trap or not.

The only thing that we could be sure of really in that Emma was here. Her screams bounced off the walls as her inaudible pleas echoed though the air. She must be in real pain. Red was muttering curses under his breath, his angered concern clearly showing in his flaming red irises as he followed the blinking blue dot on the screen of the tracking device Claire had placed on Emma before she was taken back by Team Rift. Although I didn't completely agree with Red and my little sister dating, the love Red had towards Emma was real and that was something I did approve of.

We were brought to a dead end by a heavy steal door that at first made it seem we had taken a wrong turn, again Red cursed, his face flushed with exhaustion and anger but again a scream of agony rung through the air. The sound was obviously from the other side of the tightly sealed door and it didn't take a single word to pass between Red and I for us to know what to do.

"Feraligatr, Hydro Cannon!" I ordered my starter Pokémon.

Red wasn't far behind. "Charizard, Fire Blast!"

The two starter Pokémon didn't waste a heart beat, my Water-type Pokémon taking in a deep breath and letting it out with a metal crushing jet of water. Charizard followed but his Fire-type move instead. The mixture of heated fire and cold water made the door squeak and warp but not budge.

"Give it more power Feraligatr, hurry!" I demanded. Another cry of pain, this one bad enough to make me flinch.

Feraligatr accepted the challenge, pausing for only a second before throwing out another jet of water, this one more intense then the first. Charizard, not willing to be out done, followed without command until with a final push from both Pokémon, the heavy door snapped from its heavy stone frame. Red and I didn't miss a beat as we ran through the opening, shocked by what we found. Everything was destroyed. Shattered glass scattered  the floor, scraps of metal lay twisted and torn like paper against the wall, chunks of the cavern roof had fallen leaving a very unstable looking roof above. Red seemed taken aback but another scream of agony snapped us both out of the trance.

A horde of grunts surrounded Emma who'd been backed into a corner. Heavy tears leaked from her eyes, tracking trails though dirt and blood. She was shaking her head while screaming for the grunts to stay back as waves of energy restised the containment of one little girl. Balls of energy forced themselves to Emma's fingertips, releasing themselves with the grace and beauty of a Hippoudon doing ballet, an easy comparison against Emma normal precision and aim. She seemed to have lost control of herself and I knew why.

My hand subconsciously reached into my pocket, finding a delicate needle inside. Shadow had explained this to both Red and I, how Emma would loose control of her powers and the only thing that could stop it was the containments of the little syringe in my pocket. Emma would never willingly take the injection so I'd need to get close to her and I needed her to let me.

"Red, I need you too clear some space. Get those grunts and anyone else out of here." I ordered. "I'll take care of Emma."

The former champion simply nodded, pulling two Pokéballs off his belt and releasing his Pikachu and Snorlax out alongside Charizard. I could tell her was very much concerned for Emma, his expression did nothing to hide it. "Just hurry, she's suffering." He told me, his tone desperate as I nodded before ordering Feraligatr to cover me.

Red ran ahead first, his Pokémon snarling at Team Rifts members. Surprisingly, they did nothing but flee and it didn't take long to figure out why. Claire had joined a raid with the police to take of Team Rift's main HQ, where we'd been before and if they managed to free Diancie, the power source of the corrupt Mega-Evolutions then they would have no defence. Claire's raid had already taken had already down the two admins of Team Rift and everyone but Cyrus out of Team Galactic, I could only assume both Cyrus and Kathrine were here. Though so far there was no sigh of either which was fine by me.

I approached Emma head on, ducking out of the way of several balls of energy at I did. I didn't want to scare her by sneaking up behind her as I had very little doubt that my little sister wasn't hurt or distraught by everything.

She seemed terrified beyond anything I'd seen before when she finally met my eyes, backing into the wall behind her she sobbed and whimpered in pain. "Get back." She cried, shaking her head with her eyes squeezed shut. "Stay away from me!"

"Emma, listen to me." I told her softly, easing myself closer. I thought she was scared of hurting me, but it seemed like something else was wrong. "You're not going to hurt me, I know you won't. You can control it, I know you can." Encouraging her strength I took another step towards her, glancing over my shoulder to where Red was standing guard.

With her eyes tightly shut Emma shook her head harshly. "You're not real!"

I shook my head, taking another step forward. "Emma, that's not true. I'm right here, trust me please. I want to take you home. Your Pokémon are waiting for you. Claire too. I'll come with you, you're safe now Emma. Just trust me."

Again, Emma shook her head, opening her dulled sapphire eyes, the flecks flaring bright. "No! I-I saw you... I saw you dead! This isn't real." She cried out in pain as again she was forced to release a flurry of attacks in every other direction except where I stood. "I want it to be... but it's not."

Taking in another deep breath, I risked another few steps. I could now touch Emma if I reached out but she was still too scared. "That wasn't real Em, I'm here, I promise." I reached out my hand, open for her to take hold. Kathrine must have done or said something to Emma to make her believe I was dead, it certainly explained the overwhelming power she was exerting. "Take my hand Emma, you won't hurt me. I trust in you."

"No! Stay away from me!" She screamed, another pulse of energy rippling from her body. I was pushed back several feet but I was able to fight it off. "I can't control it!" She whimpered.

"You don't have to, not on your own Emma." I promised. "I'm here now, I'm here for you. I promise, you don't have to do it on your own. I will help you, I'll help you control it okay. Please let me help you. I could see the uncertainty through her pain, the fear and the loneliness.

Fresh tears rolled over my little sister's cheeks as she stared at my hand with eyes filled with agonising fear. She cried out again as more spheres of energy forced themselves from her fingertips. "O-okay Silver--- I trust you." Her words shook slightly as she again shut her eyes. She hugged herself tightly, trying her best to control her powers as I moved in close. "Please help me."

I hugged her tightly for only a brief moment, feeling her tremble in my grasp, holding her with one arm as I reached into my pocket, unscrewing the cap on the needle as I took in a deep breath. "Please don't kill me for this." I muttered before pulling it out of my pocket and in one quickly precise movement, I jabbed it into her arm - emptying the contents inside her bloodstream. Hoping against hope that what I did wouldn't hurt her any more as her feet gave way and she fell limp but I held onto her, gently easing her to her knees.

~Emma~

Slowly, very slowly, I opened my eyes. Silver was there, hovering above me with scared and concerned eyes. My fuzzy mind couldn't tell if he was real or if I was crazy but I simply didn't have the will to fight him as he gently lifted me off my knees and too my feet. "Come on Em, let's get you out of here."

I shut my eyes and held on tightly to what I can only hope was my brother. That somehow I'd only been tricked into believing he was shot. My knees suddenly gave way and I crashed to the floor, a coughing fit burning from my lungs as the pain that still remained in my body seemingly crippled me. Silver hunched by my side for a few moments before picking me up, hushing me softly as he did. Cradled in my brothers arms, I decided this was real or at the very least somewhat. My mind was foggy and my body sore and weak, I wasn't sure if I was dying or not but in the end if I was, I was glad that out of anyone, my brother was here to carry me away.

~*~*~*🌸*~*~*~
Word count: 1632

So a shorter chapter today unfortunately buuut the rest are all decently long, except the epilogue, that's really short but eh. Soooooooo, how many people did I trick with 'Silver's death' I've been laughing my head off all week about it and been debating when to publish this but decided in the end to just wait a week like normal.

During the next two weeks I won't be writing at all, more focusing on my studies while my trials are on, however since the next two chapters of 'Why us?' are complete I will upload them as usual.

Wish me luck guys, your support is highly appreciated!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

3.6K 63 41
A women plagued with heartache and mystery. She never asked for this to happen to her. She never imaged her life would turn out the way it did. Howev...
143K 7.3K 62
It's been a whole year since Emma left her friends and six months since she last spoke to any of them, the worst of it is that no one knows why. To t...
7.3K 136 13
Pokémon: Betrayed-Chosen+Prime What happens when you come home after saving the Kalos Region? What happens when most of your friends, family, and Pok...
2.8K 60 5
Rosa is a part of Team Plasma, not only because she believes that Pokémon should be treated equally as humans, but because she always wanted to follo...