Ignorance was Bliss (Random U...

By Lauail

Truth or Dare was meant to be a bit of fun, going round to Theo's was meant to be relaxing and a time for all... More

One more
This moment right here
Just my luck
As if
Mitchell Foster
Dinner for one
Purple gummy worm
Does my bum look big in this?
What harm could it do?
Truth or Dare
Walk down memory lane
Tickle war
Feed the hangover monster
Silent
Feelings
Leap of faith
Eskimo kisses
Players, ice creams and starlight
Cake and eat it too
Year to remember
Comfort Zone
You are my hero
Thursday Night
Friendly
Hope
Shots anyone?
Jealousy?
Dancing
Open minded
My brain is going to explode.
I'm actually doing this?
New beginnings
Monday Morning
Girls Dinner
Muffins
Mum
Shirtless Noah
Please tell me you're not naked!
What just happened there?
Home Truths
My Mitch Bubble
Together forever as one
Friends?
Who's the boss?
Time with Kayden
Trust in what we have
Kisses make it better
Insecurities

Stick skills

616 48 4
By Lauail

Me to Poppy :Hey! Remember I have hockey after school today, a'll make dinner when I get in. Any issues call me. Love you xxx
Ps u sure u don't wanna try out? :)

Poppy 👭: no worries, a'll walk home with Max, not trying out, don't like getting sweaty :) xxx

With a quick text sent to Poppy to remind her that I'm not walking her home I went over to my locker and got my gym kit out. The locker room started to fill up so I went into a cubicle to get ready, I don't like getting changed in front of everyone.

"Have you seen the new guy? I think his names Thomas or something? He's been hanging about with Finn and his group of friends, someone said he kissed Holly! What the hell is that about? Has she not got enough attention from her group of guys?!"

"Its Theo and I heard she paid him to do it to make the guys jealous, you know how they don't want her as anything other than a friend so she's trying to push them to make them want her"

"No way! I know she's desperate for guy attention, what with having those huge thighs and horrible dress sense. I don't think I've ever seen her with a boyfriend and now she's trying to seduce her best friends? That's shameful!"

"Well it's not going to work, he's far too hot to hang around with the likes of Holly, I wouldn't be surprised if she paid the guys to be her best friend, she's so socially awkward. Did you see her this morning when she realised Noah and Libby were back. They're obviously not that close anymore she didn't even know her best friends were back in town. Pathetic! who would want a fatty like her anyway?! Oh and have you seen Noah! He has got even hotter since I last seen him, I wonder if he's seeing anyone?"

"Oooo Lydia you guys would look so good together"

"I know we so would Zoe, come on let's get ready, we can make a plan on how to get my man"

Lydia Sharp and Zoe Swanson ladies and gentleman aren't they so sweet...NOT!

The IT girls of Skyview Academy. Luckily there's only two of them instead of a group to deal with but those two can feel like more depending on their moods or if your on their radar, which I was unfortunately.

I don't actually know what I ever did to them to make up rumours about me and call me fat, the only thing I can think of is using Lydia's spade that one time and accidentally knocking Zoe over when i was turning around from my locker a few years ago and I'm the pathetic one? At least they thought I wasn't around instead of saying it to my face like they usually do.

Once I was finished getting ready I put my stuff into my locker and made my way into the gym for class. Just as I was heading out I heard my name being called but when I turned around I couldn't see anyone, "Holly" I heard again but I couldn't pinpoint who it was, just as I was going to continue walking someone jumped on my back with a loud squeal that can only belong to Libby!

"Hey! Where have you been all day?" Libby asks as she slides off of my back.

Instead of answering her I grabbed her and gave her the biggest hug I could, the one I should have given her the moment I saw her this morning in the hallway.

"What was that for?" She asked

" I didn't want you to think I didn't miss you, that's the hug I should have given you as soon as I saw you this morning but I was too shocked to see you to do it and I want to say I'm sorry about that"

"It's ok Holly, I understand, it was a shitty thing to do but I genuinely thought you would be happy to see us, we'll me anyway. Looking back on this morning now I realise I should of said something before just showing up. I'm sorry as well Hols but I want you to know you are my best friend always have been and always will be. All I want is to go back to how we were do you think we can do that."

I hugged her again and with the biggest smile I could muster I said "I know we can"

Arm and arm we walked to gym. Having Libby beside me I finally felt like I could breath  for the first time today. " I'm trying out today Hols, gruesome twosome back on the field what you think?"

"I'm sure I can put in a good word in for you" I say with a laugh.

Gym passed quickly, Coach Turner decided to go easy on us for the first day back. Heading into the locker room I quickly got changed into my hockey kit and put my hair into a high pony tail to keep it out my face. Libby went out to her car to get her stick so I went out to the field to start some warm ups.

"I'm expecting big thing this year Mackay, I hope you're thinking about going for Captain." Shouted Coach Turner

" I haven't thought about it to be honest, with Lydia and Zoe on the team I'm quite happy to be playing, I don't want to start any issues in my last year. I want to enjoy it and leave with good memories of the field"

" don't forget it's not a popularity contest when it comes to the game. What matters is who will take the team to victory and have the heart and passion to lead them, plus the team has a vote and so do I so we will see what happens when the time comes" with that she walked off to finish putting out the rest of the cones on the field.

Setting up some balls I started by taking some hits at goal, practicing from both side with a different foot forward to improve my skills. I usually play in the midfield so my main target is to get the ball in the net, how it gets there sometimes doesn't matter but I like to keep up on my skills. I might be slightly overweight but my stamina and fitness is good, I just unfortunately like to carry a bit too much in the hips, thigh and bum area but when I'm on the field that all falls into the background. I don't care how sweaty I look or how my hair looks all that matters is winning and loosing myself in the game.

Coach blew the whistle and I headed over to where everyone else was gathered standing beside Libby she took my hand and have it a small squeeze.

"Welcome Ladies! Today we're going to be setting up some drills for you to work through, goal shooting and then a short game so that we can see your skills and team work in a game situation. The seniors who are already part of the team Holly, Zoe, Grace and Lydia will be watching along with myself, offering pointers and running the drills and after we are finished we will have a discussion and those who are selected will be notified on the numbers you provided by tomorrow by myself. Any questions? No...ok let's get started!"

Coach shouted names from the sign up sheet and started directing them to their designated station for drills and goal practice.

"Libby Jacobson" coach shouted.

"Wish me luck?" She said with a slight frown.

"You don't need luck chick you've got this! I hope you have been practicing, get out there and show off" I say giving her a hug and watch her leave to join her group.

Walking over to the cones I meet up with Grace our goalkeeper who will be watching the girls carry out stick work drills with me,

"Hey Holly, good Summer?"

"Great, you?"

"Yea visited my Dad in L.A. then just hung out with my boyfriend. Do you think we'll find anyone good this year? We want to go out with a bang!" She said clapping her hands.

"Yea I think so, Libby is trying out so we already know she has the skills on the field, I haven't seen some of the other girls so will be interesting"

"A'll finish setting up, why don't you go see your fan club before we get started?" She said nodding her head towards the bleachers.

Looking over to where she was talking I realised all the boys were there including Theo. Why are they here? I started walking over trying to see what they're up to but they're just sitting chatting. Finn spots me first and stands up on his chair waving and wolf whistling at me. I smile at him and quickly give him the finger, he clutches at his chest pretending I've wounded him and pretends to cry.

"You cut me deep sugarplum!"

"Oh shut up! What you guys doing here?"

"The guys were telling me it was hockey try outs today and your the Captain so I thought I would come have a look and size up how good you are with a stick so I can make sure I'm not at the receiving end of it at any time" Theo says making everyone laugh, mainly because they know I wouldn't think twice to show them my stick skills if they annoyed me,.

I'm glad I didn't say that out loud now ha ha stick skills, yea right!

"I'm not the Captain, it's not been decided yet and with Lydia and Zoe on the team there's no way I will be this year but I'm ok with that, there's no game today you guys don't need to stay if you don't want to?"

"We want to, it's tradition Holly, don't want to ruin it and get bad mojo for the season!" Kayden said with a shrug,

"Well thanks, now you better not move a muscle or a'll blame all of you if we get bad luck!"

"Don't worry we're not going anywhere just come back over when your finished and can make plans for later" Mitch said giving me a hug and pushing me towards the field again.

"Ok see you guys later!"

"Work it baby! Woot woo!!" I didn't even bother turning around as it was definitely Finn, so I just carried on walking and flipped him the bird over my shoulder. "I love you too Holly!"

I could hear them all laughing. My heart swelled a little bit knowing they stayed after school to watch the try outs even though it wasn't that interesting today, even Noah was there which is a good sign, he might be there for Libby but I want to believe he's here for me too. With a deep breath I walk back to the field ready to start my section.

"Right ladies! Dribble the ball between these cones as fast as you can, once your at the top pass it between your stick three times then shoot! Ready! Good Luck! Go!"

Try outs went well, the girls all showed great potential, Libby as always was amazing and Coach has already told her she's in the team, the rest of the girls will be told later on.

Libby and I went back to the locker room and got ready to head home. Shouldering my bags and carrying my stick we walked out to be met by all the guys. They all stood with expectant looks on their face which left Libby and I looking at each other trying to figure out what was wrong,

"Well... Did you get in?" Noah asked

"Oh, well you know it was a really high standard this year, and I've been out for two years and"

"Oh no! You never got in, who do I need to let rip at?" Finn interrupts

"No one silly, I GOT IN!" Libby shouts

The boys all swarm her including Theo and congratulate her with hugs, kisses and high fives.

"This calls for a celebration, why don't we all go out for milkshakes?" Theo asks and is greeted with a chorus of yes's and a hell yea from Finn.

It's funny how he seems to fit in with just one day, the boys must like him, they don't usually ask anyone to hang around with them unless it's the soccer team after training. " have you met Theo Libby?"

"Oh so your the famous Theo who goes around kissing my best friend in English class?" She says with a wink at me. when she does all the boys seem to look at each other and between me and Theo, Mitch gives them a shake of his head and they seem to be ok again.

What was that about? Noah looks as if he is about to explode his face is red and he's staring at Theo's back pretty hard.

"Guilty! Although I think I'm loosing my touch she ran out the class and I haven't seen her again until the boys told me about the try outs. What happened to my grand tour Holly?"

" you look like you've managed just fine without me Theo, you're in one piece that's all that matters, the boys must of taken good care of you in my absence" I say with a smile.

"Yea, Noah and I had the same class after Biology and he was kind enough to show me with no groaping to it and let me sit with him and the guys at lunch."

"Groaping?" Kayden asks with a raised eyebrow at Theo

"Yea, Holly had her hands all over me when we met in the corridor, didn't you Holly?"

I'm gonna kill him, I'm going to take my hockey stick and cause this boy damage!

My face was on fire and I didn't know where to look, Libby was doing an eyebrow dance at me but not one of the boys looked amused.

"Anyway... I can't go for milkshakes I need to go home for dinner, rain check for me?"

Smooth Holly, good change of topic.

"Sure thing pretty girl, we can maybe do something at the weekend if you want?"

"Yea we can all go out and do something, will need to check my shifts"

"I'll drop you off of you want? It's on the way to get milkshakes" Finn said

"Sure"

Finn, Kayden and I all got into his truck and set off for my house. There seemed to be an atmosphere in the car so I chose to sit quietly and look out the window. When we got to my house I said bye to the guys and headed in, when I turned around to wave they had already driven away.
--------------------------

Long chapter but felt it all needed to get out and finish off the long school day.

What do you think! Am I wasting my time?

Thanks for reading xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 505 24
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
5.7K 1.2K 43
Under Editing... Can be read as a stand alone. Book 1 of the Lies Told Series Colton backwards hat made him look weird. It don't look right on him...
1.4K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...
123 32 42
The long awaited surprise trip is upon them. Will feelings from the events of the Friday before come flooding back as her safe place returns? Will th...