I'm Not Your Average Girl, Ha...

By kixrsty

Delilah's the only girl in school not falling head over heels for Harry, but as things change stranger things... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.

Chapter 15.

174K 1.5K 182
By kixrsty

Delilah's POV

"Delilah what time do you call this?" My mum spoke directly into my face as soon as I walked through the door.

"11?" I replied, stating the obvious answer.

"Where have you been? What have you been doing?"

"I was at Riley's house, we watched TV, next question?"

"I'm not sure about this Riley character; he's keeping you out late on school nights."

"Mum, we lost track of time, no big deal. Now I'm off to bed, I'm knackered."

"Are you being safe?" She said just above a whisper. I stopped dead in my tracks in the middle of the staircase.

"What?" I asked annoyed she would even think I'm like that.

"Are you being safe, you know..." She said loud enough so I could hear but no my dad who was watching TV in the front room.

"Mum, we've been going out 2 days, what sort of person do you think I am?" I asked rhetorically and stormed my way upstairs leaving my mum speechless. I closed my bedroom door and sighed. I couldn't wait to move out, no more interrogations every time I walk through the front door. I threw off all my clothes and slipped into my pyjamas. I went straight to sleep that night.

Even though I slept the entire night I was still exhausted the next morning. I didn't wait for my mum to come barging through instead I hit the off button on my alarm and hauled myself out of bed. I groggily walked over to the shower and stepped inside. Since my hair was only recently dyed some of it was still running out. Once the flow of dye stopped I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and my hair. I pondered what to wear and settle on black skinny jeans and baseball shirt with purple sleeves which stopped just below the elbow. I quickly got dressed since the morning air was seeping through my room and making me shiver. I slid the towel of my hair as I went to sit in front of the mirror. I brushed through the long tangled mess, I felt like I was pulling my hair out every time I reached a new tangle. I quickly blow dried it, most of the heat was aimed at my body since I was still cold. Eventually I finished drying it and I dug out the straighteners my mum once bought me that were still sat in their box, brand new. I threw the box away and plugged them in. While I waited for them to heat up I applied my usual eyeliner. The straighteners heated up a lot faster than I anticipated. I made the mistake of touching them to feel whether they were hot, yes they bloody were. I picked them up by the right end and flat ironed all of my hair, getting rid of any sign of curls or waves. After a good 20 minutes I was finally done. For once I wasn't going to school with my usual brown hair in a messy bun. I was going to school with my long light purple hair straightened down the majority of my back. Half my hair hung loosely over my shoulders warming my neck up. I sprayed hairspray on my fringe so the wind wouldn't blow it out of place, other than that I was done.

I stepped into the kitchen where my dad was sitting reading over his usual newspaper. I never did understand what he found so interesting about yesterday's news, he watches it on tv all the time anyway. I sat at the kitchen island and helped myself to the jar of Nutella. I started dipping in anything I could fine. I started with slices of apple, I then moved onto a banana, that didn't taste great. I decided to leave it there.

"So when do we get to meet this Riley then?" My dad spoke up.

"When he's not working." I replied raiding the fridge looking for something to take to school.

"And when's that?" He asked sounding annoyed.

"The weekend." I replied whilst watching my mum walk into the kitchen.

"Your hair is straight." She announced randomly.

"Yes..." I replied looking at her confused.

"Did you use those straighteners I bought you?"

"Yes..." I replied once again.

"Maybe this boyfriend thing isn't such a bad idea." I rolled my eyes at her response.

"Where's Jasey?" I asked, Jasey was our cook.

"Flu." My dad replied over the top of his newspapers. I was missing my daily dose of pancakes.

"If we go now we can stop of at Starbucks on the way." My mum suggested.

"Sure." I replied grinning. She didn't know Riley worked there, this could be interesting.

I slammed the car door shut and slipped in my Dirty Work CD by All Time Low.

"So your 17 birthday is coming up, do you want to do anything this year?" She asked whilst pulling out of the drive.

"Like always, nothing special." I replied. I hated big events, not like I would have many friends to invite though.

"What if I planned a surprise birthday party for you?"

"I'm turning 17 not 7." I replied.

"Please, before you come an adult." She begged.

"Fine, but don't invite the whole school I don't like anyone there."

"So it will just be you and Riley?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"What's wrong with that?"

"I'll pull a few strings, set things up."

"Whatever." I replied after she lost my attention.

"Is there any musicians you want there?" She asked. My attention was drawn back in and my face lit up.

"All Time Low." I replied without even having to think about it.

"Who's that?"

"Mum, we're listening to them now."

"Oh, what are they called again?"

"All Time Low, I never shut up about them." I said rolling my eyes.

"Right, okay."

"Do you want me to go in and get the drinks?" I asked whilst we pulled up in front of the coffee house.

"Sure, I'll take a gingerbread latte."

"Okay, be back in a minute." I said before I stepped outside.

The familiar smell of the coffee shop hit me; it was such a heavenly smell. I could roll around in coffee beans all day and I would never get bored of the smell.

"Can I get a grande mocha, a venti gingerbread latte and an extremely good looking boyfriend to go?" I asked Riley with a stupid cheesy grin on his face.

"I'm afraid the boyfriend isn't to go, I have to stay until 5." He replied.

"At least you don't have to sit in school with people you hate."

"Touché. Your hair came out great by the way; it looks awesome when it's straight."

"Thank you, I thought I would go for something different."

"Why are you here this morning?" He asked, not rudely but he was intrigued.

"Our cook was off sick with the flu or something and I'm incapable of using a kitchen."

"You don't make a very good woman."

"You make an excellent one." I replied laughing hinting at the fact he was making my drinks

"Very funny." He replied sarcastically. "Is that your mum in that car staring intensely at us?"

"Yeah, she probably thinks I'm chatting you up trying to get a free drink."

"Well it's working." He replied handing over the drinks.

"Thanks, I'll text you later?"

"If I don't text you first." He winked.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I said making my way to the door.

"No goodbye kiss?" He called after me.

"How could I forget?" I asked rhetorically as I turned around. We were lucky this place was empty so we wouldn't get moaned at for our PDA.

"That's better, see you soon." He said as he waved me off.

"Who was that?" My mum said stilling watching him as I climbed in the car.

"Just a random dude who gave me free drinks." I said as seriously as I could.

"What?!" She practically shouted.

"Geez calm down, that's Riley." I said, waving at him, he had noticed we were still parked up. My mum finally drove off after watching him wipe down a few more tables.

"He's cute." She replied finally.

"I know." I said without thinking, I sounded like a 12 year old girl right now.

"Do you want dropping of in the same place?" She asked, as always.

"Well the school is on your route, it wouldn't hurt to get dropped of there." I said, not caring about what people thought anymore, I had Riley and he liked me for who I am and that's all I care about.

I have to admit when we pulled into the school drop off zone my stomach did start to churn. I could see people outside staring, this only made my gut feel worse. I took a deep breath and entered head first.

"See you later." My mum said as I left the car.

"Bye." I spoke back. I walked up to the main building and dumped my empty cup in the trash can.

"Is she new?" "Is her hair real?" "Did you hear what happened to her at formal?" "She looks even worse now?" Were just some of the things people were saying. I shrugged them all off, everyone has their flaws. 'You, have pointed out my flaws again as if I don't already see them.' As Taylor Swift would say. I could easily pick out all their flaws but I would never stoop so low. Instead of going straight to form when the bell rang I headed back to the library to return a few books. When I did finally reach my form room the corridors were empty and the classrooms brimming with students. I opened the door to my form and slammed it shut behind me. I was about to walk to my desk when the teacher called my name.

"Delilah!" He called. I walked over to his desk, I pretty much had a clear idea what he was going to say.

"Principles office, now." He practically shouted, wow. Someone had woken up on the wrong side of the bed. The whole class was now completely silent, did they expect me to cause a scene and break down into tears or something?

"Whatever." I replied taking the disciplinary slip out of his hand.

"What?" He snarled.

"Whatever, no class. Later." I replied before walking off and opening the door, I could hear a few laughs behind me because the teacher couldn't think of a comeback and he looked stupid stood there speechless. Round one to me, I thought as I marched down the hallways to the front office.

Harry's POV

Just like our teacher Mr. Barakarth, I was completely speechless. Delilah didn't look anything like Delilah. Her hair was so different, but it suited her so well, I couldn't help but notice how well it complimented her skin tone.

"She gone now dude, you can close your mouth and stop drooling." Louis joked. I finally gave in and told Louis everything about her. He was my closet friend and it was destroying me keeping these peculiar feelings bottled up. Louis helped me sort my head out and where I stood.

"You okay Harry? You look rather pale." Zayn asked.

"I'm fine." I replied resting my head on the table hoping to nod of for 10 minutes until the bell rang. I wondered if Delilah would be sent home, I hoped not, I was dying to speak to her, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't understand or want to hear me out but it's worth a shot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 36.4K 100
Harry Styles and Liam Payne go to Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School in Cheshire along with Zayn Malik their school is taking part in an exchange wit...
4.4K 193 33
The typical high school Harry fanfic! *ON HOLD* All Rights Reserved To @larryoverall
1.4K 23 8
Amna and her best friend Mackenzie think their lives are going perfectly, until a special boyband come's to their school, and everyone is drooling ov...
19.1K 479 29
Niall Horan is new to school. Harry Styles is the bad boy of school. Niall instantly becomes friends with Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne. Liam and...