somewhere only we know (joshl...

By _justanothersky_

"pressure creates diamonds," tyler said, and it sounded like he was reciting a poem. "or," josh countered. "i... More

note
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
note pt. 2

five

941 51 15
By _justanothersky_

"i'm lonely," josh murmured one day, a few weeks later, when the warmth of summer had faded into red leaves and apples that fell into wooden buckets and fingers that froze in the mornings.

"me too," tyler confessed. he didn't think he had ever told anyone that before.

"i haven't seen you at school," josh told him. "i'm beginning to think that you're just part of my imagination." he laughed hollowly, and it echoed somewhere in tyler's empty bones.

"i'm homeschooled," tyler said quietly. "i'm sorry. i should have told you earlier."

josh lay down, and pulled his knees up to his chest. a cloud of dirt was kicked up from where his feet had been. his shoes were old, tyler noticed, and the laces were always coming undone. tyler mirrored his friend, closing his eyes.

"you're lucky," josh said. "everyone at school hates me already."

"why?" how could they hate someone so warm? someone who made the world so still and easy to understand?

"i'm the new kid," josh said bitterly. "what's there to like?"

"i like you," tyler said, and his voice trailed off into silence. "you're..." tyler stopped, looking for the words, paging through the dictionary. "safe."

tyler didn't see it, but josh smiled and it was like the sun had enveloped them in summer for one last moment. it was still and warm and peaceful.

safe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 100 20
This story is about 2 boys, one (which the story is manly about) is Noah, who is 16 and Michael (Mike) is also 16. Noah ends up accidentally falling...
665K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
535K 11.6K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...