Playing With Fire and Ice ✔︎

By J_Quinonez91

There was a species of humans that was thought to be extinct. They were known as The Gifted, humans with supe... More

Disclaimer
Introduction
I
II
III ~Oliver~
IV ~Oliver~
V ~Oliver~
VI~Oliver~
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI

XXI

832 63 0
By J_Quinonez91

"Seriously," Alyson sighs as I sit back down on the loveseat.

Luxor is pacing in front of us as she restrains herself from running into my mother's room and going after the demon.

"I don't know what you two were thinking going up against him."

For her benefit we made Luxor believe that I never faced Roland on my own.

"Nothing happened," Alyson gestures to us as she drops her hands as she sees that Luxor is not paying any attention. Her menacing eyes are on me at the moment.

"Have you told Oliver?" Raising an eyebrow I shrug.

"Not yet," I emphasize on the yet so she gets the clue that I am the one that will be telling him.

"You two will be the death of us," Luxor drops onto the couch and Alyson follows.

"Do you want to meet him?" I ask her.

Luxor's eyes widen for a moment and then with a small nudge from Alyson shrugs.

"I'm going to have to meet him sooner or later."

Roland refuses to look at us. When I went into the room he was sitting in the corner staring at the wall as if he were in some kind of trouble.

I told him that I wanted him to meet Luxor. He hissed. I asked politely and he rolled his eyes.

He was trying my patience. The last time instead of asking I ordered, "Roland, get up and go to the living room."

It was as if it pained him to try to try to disobey me. 

Roland walks behind me refusing to take the lead. A low growl rumbles in his throat when Luxor comes into view.

"Roland," she questions.

"That's him," Alyson beams and makes her way towards him. "How are you feeling? Better?"

Roland snaps his teeth at her making me flinch back and Luxor is on her feet. Alyson stands her ground and grips his arm.

"You pathetic human," he snarls at her.

"He still has the mark," she lifts up his arm and with the gentlest of touch runs her fingers over it. "It appears to have healed some."

"Alyson," Luxor swallows loudly, "mind taking a couple steps away from the demonic demon in front of you."

Roland tilts his head to the side as Alyson frowns.

"Why?"

I move towards Roland and ask him to take a seat. Once again it appears as if he wants to fight it but without uttering a word he sits on the furthest seat from us.

"He is a demon." Luxor hisses at Alyson. "You're a human. Did you not see what he did to Oliver?"

Alyson sighs and looks over at me for some reinforcement. I shrug at her.

"Well," she gestures to herself, "I am fine. He hasn't touched me. Last night I was a mere few inches away from him and he did nothing."

"How can you trust him? He's a monster!"

"He might be a monster to you," Roland's eyes narrow, "but guess what Luxor, not everyone sees him like that. If I would have gone off of what everyone thought I would have stayed away from Cassie. She never asked for this and everyone just assumes that she will hurt them if they get close."

"Alyson," Luxor starts but Alyson puts a hand up.

"I researched their bond. Roland can't hurt me as long as he has that mark and Cassie doesn't ask him too."

Luxor struggles to find what to say so she settles with sitting back into her seat.

"Roland," Alyson smiles down at him. "Are you hungry?"

Her question surprises me.

Do demons eat?

I doubt that I have anything that he likes.

"No," he sulks as he picks at his shirt bored.

"Will I am? Come and help me with breakfast," Roland's eyes snap up at me and I look at Alyson unsure.

"Are you sure about that?" She nods and I gesture for him to follow her. With a  frustrated sigh, he follows Alyson into the kitchen.

"It is as if she found a new pet," Luxor frowns as her eyes stare at the entrance of the kitchen.

"She wants to make everyone happy," I smile at her and take a seat next to her. "She is a sweet girl."

"That sweetness is going to get her killed."

The creaking of the floorboard stops me. Oliver stands in the hallway shirtless. His fists rub against his eyes. His wounds must be healing if he can move his arms around.

"Ollie," I breathe out. I still have not thought of what I want to tell him.

Hey, we're having breakfast before school...and I sort of, kind of, fought the demon and bond him to me. How did you sleep?

"Morning pretty ladies," he yawns and walks towards us. His bare feet caress the carpet as he makes his way to the seat next to me.

"Morning," Luxor nods at him, "I think I will help Alyson with the breakfast."

Without waiting for a response she gets to her feet and walks towards the kitchen.

Our eyes follow her when a clash of dishes erupts in the kitchen.

"Roland," Alyson yells just as she screams.

Luxor rushes to the kitchen just as Oliver struggles to get up.

"Stay here," I plead to him as I push him back and run into the kitchen.

Luxor has Alyson cornered her body pressing her into the counter as she looks at the ground.

Roland is clutching his head as his black eyes dart to me.

"They know that I am marked." He groans through clenched teeth, "They want to break our bond at any cost."

"What the hell is going on?" Oliver yells. "What the hell is he doing here?" A cold burst of blue ripples through his eyes as his hands' frost over.

"Ollie, wait!" I stand before Roland and Oliver, "He's here because of me."

The words bounce off and Oliver rushes towards me trying his best to get to Roland.

"I said," Oliver does not let me finish as his body collides with mine but I refuse to let him get to Roland. His shoulder pushes me aside.

My arms wrap around him and I tumble down his body landing on top of mine.

"He's not going to hurt you," Alyson peers over Luxor's shoulder. Luxor refuses to left Alyson out of her embrace.

"He's going to pay," Oliver growls.

"I marked him!" I yell as Oliver squirms in my arms trying to get up.

The words must have finally reached him. "Marked him?"

His body relaxes on top of me as I loosen my grip on him.

"He follows my orders."

Oliver glares at Roland as he pushes himself away from us and presses his back against my cupboards.

"He's a friend," Alyson manages to push away from Luxor and stumbles to Roland. "What happened?"

Roland relaxes his breathing with Alyson close to him. "The king knows I am marked."

***

Vote, comment, follow!

I posted two videos on my Instagram one about Cassie and the other about Oliver. Personally, I love Cassie's video.

Tell me what you think! j_quinonez91 on Insta.

Happy Reading my MoonGazers

Much love,

J_Quinonez91

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 3.3K 31
Two hundred years ago demons from hell ravaged the world.They came for earth, killing and destroying the place humans had lived in, not stopping for...
Hollow Apocalypse By Jay

Science Fiction

508 1 21
Once, two gods ruled the land, one who supported life and another who despised it. These two gods constantly fought one another, each was evenly matc...
10.2K 371 26
It is the near future where Immortals are a species that have been hunted by humans since the loss of the War in the Medieval times. The few of us th...
35 2 19
Far in the future, a war is ravaging galaxies. People are desperate and willing to try anything to bring the conflict to an end. This is why the Immo...