Of Monsters and Men ₰ The Ori...

By rebecca_inspire

A KING CAN RULE ONLY WITH A QUEEN BY HIS SIDE: Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each... More

Chapter One | Blood Rising Under the Moon
Chapter Two | The City That Never Slept
Chapter Three | Dangerous Secrets
Chapter Four | Pure Disbelief
Chapter Five | Roller Coaster Ride of Emotions
Chapter Six - The Baby and the Deal With the Witches
Chapter Seven - Lean On Me
Chapter Nine - To Kill a Hybrid Baby
Chapter Ten - And Then There Were Two
Chapter Eleven - The 'M' Stands for Mikaelson, Not Marcel
Chapter Twelve | The Voice of the Witches
Competition Results
Chapter Thirteen | The Devil in Disguise
Chapter Fourteen | Eyes Art the Windows to the Soul
Chapter Fifteen | The Attic Above the Church
Chapter Sixteen | The Unveiling
100K Special Chapter
Chapter Seventeen | Repercussions and Vulnerability
Chapter Eighteen | I Stall You, You Stall Me
Chapter Nineteen | Loneliness and Solitude
Chapter Twenty | Babysitting Is A Bitch
Chapter Twenty One | Don't Touch Me, You Filthy Mutt
Chapter Twenty Two | Abyss of Revenge
Chapter Twenty Three | Shattered Shards
Chapter Twenty Four | Song of the Sirens
Chapter Twenty Five | Of Monsters and Men
Chapter Twenty Six | Burning Embers
Chapter Twenty Seven | Plunged Into Chaos
Chapter Twenty Eight | Turning Tables
Chapter Twenty Nine | Sinking Softly
Chapter Thirty | Sacrilegious Sacrifice
Chapter Thirty One | Chaos Is A Ladder
Chapter Thirty Two | Heart's A Mess
Chapter Thirty Three | Burning Blade
Hate and Harassment
Chapter Thirty Four | Truth to the Slaughter
Chapter Thirty Five | Storm of the Supernatural
Chapter Thirty Six | Insignificant
Chapter Thirty Seven | Under These Twinkling Lights Betrayal Lingers
Chapter Thirty Eight | Fragile Alliances
Chapter Thirty Nine | Pounding Drums of War
Chapter Forty | Ash, Dust and Death
Chapter Forty One | Mirror, Mirror On the Wall
Wattys 2015
Chapter Forty Two | Deathly Still
Chapter Forty Three | A Gushing Fountain of Blood
Frequently Asked Questions
Chapter Forty Four | Red Rivers Of Torment
Epilogue
Did You Know . . .?
This Is The End
The Fanfiction Awards
Other Novels

Chapter Eight - Rebekah Mikaelson Is Coming to Town

24.7K 713 138
By rebecca_inspire

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination.

          CHAPTER EIGHT - REBEKAH MIKAELSON IS COMING TO TOWN

      "WAIT, WHAT DID ELIJAH promise you?" I asked. Hayley had just revealed that Elijah had talked to her last night. "Well," Hayley said, "he promised me that he would always protect me, and that he gave me his word."

     I raised my eyebrows incredulously. "Elijah gave you his word?" 

     "Yeah, and they were talking about Marcel and the witches. Klaus is worried about them, and Elijah said that Marcel had something that the witches wanted because they don't want him dead."

     "There must be a reason why . . ." I said in conclusion, rather thoughtfully. "But why do people keep on going on about Elijah's word? It's not that important!" Hayley asks.

     I opened my mouth, probably to say something sarcastic, but I never get the chance. I get a prickly feeling on the back of my neck, and that usually is a sign for my body to activate my vampire powers. 

     I expand my hearing to outside the mansion, only to hear an impatient click clack of stilettos. A high-pitched female voice wafts through my ears, as though through a tube. "Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me to this godforsaken city, then well done - I'm here and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door!"

     I turn my attention to Hayley. "D'you hear that?" I ask. Hayley nods. Of course Hayley heard: she was a werewolf! "Okay," I say. "We'll walk downstairs to see who it is alright? But walk behind me, just in case." Hayley nods one more time and we make our way downstairs, by the grand staircase. 

     The door opens and a tall woman, wearing a black dress to the knees with perfectly curled blond hair and blue eyes enters, looking impatient. She glances around the mansion, probably to see if there was someone.

     It was Rebekah Mikaelson. 

     Her eyes falls to us and she nods towards Hayley, gesturing to her car. "Ah, you must be the maid. My bag is in the car, get them, will you?" I snort, crossing my hands. "I'm obviously not a maid, Rebekah."

     She smirks at me in an indifferent fashion and says, "I know. It's obvious by your clothes." Her eyes trails down from my head to my clothes, scanning each accessory. "A Cartier diamond watch, Swarovski necklace and top of the line clothes from the newest season? You're not a maid. However, I can't say the same for your little friend," she continues, placing her black clutch on a nearby dresser.

     "You know who I am." Rebekah finishes. I snort again. If only she knew. "Everyone knows you in this town. Rebekah Mikaelson, little sister to Niklaus Mikaelson, the greatest vampire on this Earth. You're famous." I praise. Rebekah always liked to be admired and praised. It got you in her good books, and besides, she did not know that I was Mellisandre, so I needed her to like me.

     Plus, our friendship from the past was pretty hard to ignore.

     She smiles at me again, regarding me with a look. I guess it was a look that said you're-my-friend-not-my-enemy look though. "I like you already." she decides, much to my relief. "What's your name?"

       "Melissa," I reply. She nods and then turns her attention to Hayley. "You, however, smell like a wet dog." Rebekah wrinkles her nose. I raise my eyebrows in a 'wow' manner at her behaviour. She certainly was not that helpless girl she used to be.

     "I see that you've got your brother's manners." Hayley retaliates, frowning at Rebekah's dog joke. Rebekah smirks unkindly. "And his temper, so you better watch what you say to me." she starts to walk into the living room, though I lagged behind, as I was still not used to this gigantic mansion.

       "Anyway, I'm not the maid." Hayley clarifies. Rebekah's expression brightens with realisation. "Oh right. You  must be that werewolf girl my brother knocked up."

     I laugh. "Wow, you sure are blunt."

     "When you've lived as long as I have, you learn not to beat around the bush. It's a waste of time, and frankly, the person's expression is just hilarious to watch." Rebekah focuses on Hayley stomach, her expression not revealing anything. "I was expecting some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump, but I guess you're not showing yet." She stares at Hayley as she walks down the stairs to stand in front of Rebekah.

      "Where's Elijah?" Rebekah asks bluntly, as she said, not 'beating around the bush'. "Beats me," Hayley responds, "he's long gone."

     Rebekah's expression clouds up in worry. "What do you mean, long gone?"

     "Well," Hayley says. "One minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me and this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decision got me into. He was all poetic, about how we're family and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire."

     "Hey!" I say, referring to her last sentence. Hayley ignores me. "Elijah is just not any vampire and he doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus is done something dastardly and Klaus-like. Klaus!" Rebekah yells. Hayley turns to me in confusement, and before she can ask, I answer her unsaid question.

     "Elijah is a noble-man. He's the kind of vampire that if you make him swear an oath or a promise, he keeps it, no matter the cost." Of course, I was just explaining what I heard regarding Elijah and his promises.

     "KLAUS!" Rebekah yells at the top of her lungs. Hayley and I flinch simultaenously at her screech. "Jeez," Hayley moans, rubbing circles on her ears, "she sure is loud." 

     "That's why sometimes being part of the supernatural world sucks. Your hearing blows up when someone screams." I agree.

     "KLAUS, GET OUT HERE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO OUR BROTHER, YOU NARCISSISTIC, BACK STABBING WANKER!"

      The door to Nik's study opens, and he comes out, looking amused. "Enough with all the shouting! Little sister,  I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing." He says. I frown. Six dead vampires? When did this happen in New Orleans? Marcel would be pissed, garnered from the conversations I heard yesterday. 

     "They were very rude." she answers back, looking calm. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter." I snort at this audibly and the siblings look at me. "Sorry, Rebekah," I say, grinning, "but I doubt that you were innocent." Rebekah smirks, looking proud of herself and Nik nearly smiles. Nearly.   

     "So sorry, were they friends of yours? Well, that's right, you don''t have any friends." Rebekah continues nastily. Nik becomes serious, like he is trying to prove something. "I do have friends: I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you?"

      Rebekah bristles, as though she is annoyed at herself. "Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the King of the Quarter now, and he has his rules about killing vampires, and it will be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you."

     "I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welsh on deals. What did you do to him?"

      Nik puts on a mockingly clueless expression on his face, grinning. "Perhaps he is on holiday," I suddenly get this weird image in my head of Elijah in swimming shorts, balancing on a surfing board on a wave. I shudder, and rid my head of the bizarre image. Too weird.

     "—Or perhaps he is taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on: take a look around." Nik continues. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. For a family as old as this one they acted in an infantile manner, always trying to rile each other up. They say age makes you wiser. I am not too sure about that human saying . . . 

     Rebekah shakes her head, as though she believes that there is no going around with him, and starts to walk into another room, when Nik calls out: "You remember this house, as well as I?" Rebekah stops mid-step and turns around again, looking as though she is reminiscing about the past.

     "I remember everything. I remember the drunken fool of a governer hid away all of our vampire sins in exchange for gold. I remember the lavish parties the governer threw, as though to impress you. I remember finding a moment of affection with the governer's only son, Emille. And I remember that even Elijah was happy."

     "Ah, and then you asked if you could turn Emille. And when we refused, you begged us even more. And then I threw him over the balcony and he died. Tragic story." Nik says sarcastically, seating himself on a thin sofa. "He wasn't good enough for you."

     "No one was ever good enough for me, Nik. You made sure of that. Now, where is Elijah?"

     I bite my lip at Rebekahs harsh words. Did Nik actually kill every boy or man that fell in love with Rebekah? That was far too cruel. Well, this only reinforced my opinion that I did well to run away. Nik truly was a monster as everyone said. I just refused to believe it, still hanging on the thread that was our past.

     I had to let him go.

     "Where are you going?" Rebekah questions, as Nik gets up to go to his room. "It appears that the night is not quite over yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel. "

      Rebekah frowns disapprovingly. "Elijah told me of your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you to drinking New Orleans dry together." She snaps.

      "I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah. But what some friends do when they get together is to drink. And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of the witches in the Quarter, and I am trying to uncover the 'how' so I can take it for myself. Finding Elijah did not make it into my to-do list today,"  Nik replies smartly.

      He picks up his car keys from the glass bowl on a dresser and walks to the door, opening it. Just before he goes out, he says, smiling pleasantly. 

     "Oh, and welcome home, little sister." he says, before shutting the door tightly, leaving a disgruntled looking Rebekah  behind.

      She turns around, closing her eyes in anger and then sighs. "You!" she suddenly barks. "Wolf girl and Melissa; I'm going to search this house inch by inch to find out what my evil brother did to my good one. Both of you are helping."

I told you that I would publish another chapter quicker than usual! I'm in a super good mood, what with the awesome comments and votes you guys wrote in the previous chapter.

I initially planned this chapter to be waaay longer, but I wanted you guys to get a treat.

Bear in mind that I update only when the reads in the chapter are 100+, and 'Lean On Me' isn't, so help me out and try to get it balanced? Thanks!

Also, where I live, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has released and I watched it . . . awesome! I absolutely loved it - it was way better than the previous movie (the poisonous fog and the monkeys were creeepy. I actually jumped in my seat! But those stupid people sitting next to me were so annoying. Ugh, I hate when people in the cinemas annoy you to hell!).

Please comment, vote and share. Try to spread the word, can ya? Thanks a ton :D

See you again in the next chapter,

inkblots

P.S: don't you love the way Claire Holt (Rebekah Mikaelson) says "backstabbing wanker"? I loove that part, I keep on rewatching it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 9K 28
Rosalie mikaelson, Elijah mikaelson wife, the original wife. For over eight-four years everyone has believed Rosalie had died the night Mikael ran th...
2.6K 129 38
After Lilliana Moore reunited with the love of her life, Elijah Mikaelson, all she wanted to do was return to Mystic Falls and rest for a while, mayb...
653K 12.7K 96
Niklaus has been keeping a locked coffin with him for a thousand years. It is his older sister, who Mikael and Esther cursed into the coffin. They pu...
408K 8.6K 39
࿐☆*:・𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 ━━━ ❝ SHE HAS NO IDEA OF THE POWER THAT SHE HOLDS ❞ in which a sixteen-year-old girl contains power that she cannot cont...