Enticing (Harry Styles AU) #W...

By NatalyCanez

They were like Romeo and Juliet; fated to fall in love or maybe...just fated to fall. Cover made by: @JonasKr... More

Introduction/ Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*The Fanfiction Awards 2016*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Important Questions!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Playlist and Song Suggestions
Thoughts and Important Info
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
I Need To Say This
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Intermission
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
The End
The Fanfiction Awards 2018
BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT!

Chapter 43

4.3K 135 51
By NatalyCanez

Ryder's POV

It's finally the weekend and today was the day that Harry takes me to Manchester to visit his bubbly sister, Gemma. The leaves of autumn have mostly blown off the trees and winter is just around the corner but luckily the wind is a bit forgiving today.

"Here we are." Harry comments as he shuts off the car, once he parked up in the drive.

Gemma left the black gates to her house open for us, so Harry wouldn't have to get out of the car and open them and I am thankful for that because rain has started to drizzle down about ten minutes ago.

"I'm nervous." I admit, looking out the front window to the beautiful two story house.

The outside was a light brown brick color and the large garage doors were a solid black. The entrance had the same large beautiful steps with black metal railings decorated with a few pots with flowers, where they used to rest in at a much more warmer weather, along the sides of the steps. The porch ran from the entrance all the way along the side of the house were a bench sat right under the large window that peeked into the living room. A swinging bench that was attached with chains to a black four posted bar, with a small clothed roof to block out the sun during the summer, rested a few feet away from the door.

"Don't be, Gemma likes you." Harry says reassuringly while placing his hand on my knee.

"Yeah, I know." I reply, recalling the few texts Gemma and I have shared the last few days. "But still, I mean the last time I saw her I was-"

"Babe, that's in the past." Harry interjects, cutting me off short. I nod and turn my head to look up at him.

"That wasn't your fault and my sister isn't one to judge people." He says giving me a sweet smile which I return.

"Okay." I nod. "Let's go meet your sister."

We both climb out of the car into the cool weather. Once I stepped down I hear the back door of the car on Harry's side open as I reach in for my purse where I was sitting.  As I shut the door, I glance up seeing Harry making his way around the front of the car, holding our brown bag of clothes in his hand.

After adjusting the top buttons of my black trench coat, Harry and I walk hand in hand up the entrance of the stairs. As we approach the door, it swings open before Harry could reach out to open it.

"Finally!" Gemma complains, dressed in a pair of tight, dark skinny jeans and black boots with a grey sweater.

"I thought my brother was never going to let you come inside." She says immediately reaching out to hug me first. I giggle and hug her back.

"Oh geez, thanks for the love Gemma." Harry comments once I pull away from his sister.

"Oh shut it." She smiles stepping forward and wrapping her arms around him. I smile as he does the same and kisses the top of her head.

"Now, come on in I just took out a batch of fudge brownies from the oven." Gemma smiles stepping back into the house. I glance up at Harry as Gemma makes her way over to the kitchen. Harry closes the door behind him and gives me a smile.

"She loves baking." He replies simply before we make our way over to the kitchen. The house was warm, the chill from outside completely forgotten, the smell of chocolate lingering in the air.

"They smell good." I comment as we all walk over to the kitchen island. Gemma smiles at me, pushing the grey tray stacked with brownies closer to me. I give her a smile and shyly reach for one.

"I'll go place our bag up in our room." Harry says placing his hand on my arm to grab my attention.

"Okay." I smile and he returns it before pecking a kiss on my lips and I blush.

Geez, his sister is here.

"Harry, you are just going upstairs." Gemma teases rolling her eyes at him. Harry narrows his eyes at her before walking out of the kitchen.

"I'm sorry for the bad impression I left on you the last time I was here." I say, taking a bite out  of the warm gooey brownie. I practically moan at how delicious it tasted.

"No worries. Now let's go to the living room." She says walking around the kitchen island. I take another bite of my brownie before following her out.

A fire was lit in the living room in a detailed fireplace under the large flat screen television that was hoisted on the white painted wall. Now that it was warm I decided to take my coat off and hang it on the rack by the front door, leaving me in my black low cut blouse.

As I make my way back to the living room to join Gemma, she had just managed to slip in a movie inside the DVD player when Harry stepped in from upstairs. He dressed in the same black jeans and shoes he was wearing before but now he was wearing a loose white t-shirt with the sleeves cut off, revealing his marvelous tattooed and muscular arms. A snapback rested over his head, the visor towards the back of his head, successfully holding his curls away from his forehead.

"Oh, I like your shirt." Gemma compliments me as I step over to the couch.

"I like her." Harry interjects before I could thank her. I smile as Harry places his hands on my waist.

"Always the smooth talker huh?" I smile, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"You know it." He replies before lending down and kissing the tip of my nose.

"As much as I am happy for the two of you being together I really don't want to watch you guys do the dirty." Gemma comments making me blush.

"Sorry." I mutter, releasing my hold from Harry.

The dirty...heck, I don't think Harry and I have even made out yet.

"I'll go get us some popcorn. You can sit down and watch the movie." Harry says, his hand brushing my arm as I move to sit down.

"Please bring me a soda." Gemma calls out as Harry walks away.

"Sure thing lazy bum." Harry replies over his shoulder.

After the movie was over, Gemma decided to show me a few pictures that she had in a small box of Harry, her parents and herself at a younger age.

"Here is one at my uni graduation." Gemma says holding up a picture of her dressed in a blue graduation gown and matching cap, with Harry right at her side, his arm draped around her; both of them smiling brightly at the camera.

Harry's POV

Stepping into the living room taking a drink out of my soda I hear Ryder speak to Gemma.

"Is this your mother?" She asks and I glance up seeing her holding a small familiar photograph.

"Yeah, she was." Gemma replies trying very hard to not let her sadness be evident in her voice, but I could tell and anger boils inside me.

How I wish things could be better.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Ryder replies, embarrassed placing the picture back into the box that was resting on Gemma's lap.

"What about your dad?" Ryder asks, looking down at her fiddling hands in her lap, a gesture she always does when she is nervous or anxious.

My eyes suddenly meet Gemma's a second after Ryder's words  left her mouth. I shake my head urging her to not say anything, going unseen by Ryder, as Gemma slightly adjusts her sitting position casually closing the small box back up.

"He...let's just say he isn't the poster boy for father of the year." Gemma replies with a small laugh, leaning over and gently placing the box on the coffee table.

"Yeah, tell me about it. I guess we have more in common than what I thought." Ryder mutters, while awkwardly straightening her shirt.

"Yes you do." I say, taking a step forward making my presence known to Ryder as they both glance up.

"Like me." I joke, smiling playfully at them, trying to light the mood in the room.

Despite of how tired I am after the long trip over, I could not manage to sleep that night, especially after getting a text from James saying that there was another murder.

"Harry?" Gemma's soft voice, startles me from behind. I take my face out of my hands and look over my shoulder at her as she flicks on the kitchen light. She frowns seeing my teary expression.

"Harry, what's wrong?" She asks urgently, rushing over to my side closing the sides of her robe, quickly tying the leash around her  waist. "Did Ryder leave?"

I shake my head. "No, she is fast asleep upstairs."

"Then what's wrong?" She asks, placing her hand on my shoulder, her touch cold against my skin.

I sniff, quickly brushing my tears off my cheeks. "Nothing really I just..." I sigh while sniffing once more, looking down at my phone, face down in front of me, on the counter by my half filled glass of water.

"James texted me saying there was another murder." I reply. "I know I shouldn't be crying, I mean I didn't even know the person but this is all so damn frustrating!" I say through gritted teeth, trying hard to be quiet so I wouldn't wake Ryder as my hands fisted into my hair, shutting my eyes.

"Oh Harry." Gemma says, rubbing her hand soothingly on my arm. "None of this is your fault."

"But it's my job to prevent it." I reply, licking my salty lips. "And now another family is suffering a loss because I still can't capture this man or his fucking team." 

Gemma sighs before leaning down and wrapping her around me.

"Harry? Gemma?" Ryder's quiet voice speaks, making my eyes spring open.

Shit.

"Is everything alright?" She says as I pull away from Gemma. Ryder's eyes move from my sister over to me and she blinks, surprised seeing my tear stained face.

Great now I look like a fucking baby.

"Ryder, what are you doing here?" I mumble, my voice coming across thick. "You should be sleeping."

"So should you." She softly retaliates as she approaches me.

"I'll...give you two some space." Gemma says, her hand giving my shoulder a squeeze before dismissing herself from the kitchen.

"What the matter Harry?" Ryder frowns, placing her hand on my cheek, brushing her thumb across my skin before letting it slide to my shoulder.

"It's nothing, silly really."

"Well it's not nothing and it can't be silly if it's bothering you." She says, looking at me with warm brown eyes. "Tell me."

I sigh, turning around in the stool to face her fully. "You're dad messaged me earlier saying that there was another murder and it's frustrating that...that I still can't stop him."

Ryder's POV

I shake my head at the pain clouding in his eyes like a storm.

"Harry, why are you stressing yourself about this?" I ask, reaching out, grasping his face between my hands, briefly brushing his messy hair off his forehead. "This shouldn't be just on you Harry. This is something for the whole police team to solve."

"Is there something you are not telling me?" I mutter after a few passing seconds of him not saying anything, and as I do I see a hint of fear cross his gloomy eyes.

What is he hiding? Why is he stressing himself out?

"The man is dangerous Ryder, very dangerous." Harry replies, his voice still sad and semi robotic. "My brother works for him and...he knows that your father and I are looking for him and that is dangerous for you."

"So that's why you are so worried." I mumble.

"I-" he stops, swallowing, briefly looking down at our feet. "I just don't want anything to happen to you." He finally admits, placing his hands on either side of my waist, tugging me towards him to stand between his legs.

"Look Ryder with what I do...with what I am." He continues looking over to our side, blinking a few times, a small scowl on his face. My heart pounds anxiously in my chest as anticipation takes over my body.

"I love you Ryder but I can't have you be at risk because of me." He says and the air in my lungs practically gets punched right out of me.

No, please no. Don't leave me too.

"W-what are you saying?" I stutter, a lump starting to form in my throat and innerly I pray for God to wake me from this nightmare.

"I love you but I can't lose you. I think..." He pauses, struggling with his words. "I know I should have done this sooner but I was too selfish..." He licks his lips.

"I think it's best for you if we just...break up." He swallows, his eyes flickering up to me. My lips part at his words as tears sting in the back of my eyes.

"W-what? No. I have a say in this too." I protest.

"Look, I love you Ryder but-" I quickly cut him off short by firmly grasping hold of his face once more while smashing my lips against his, tasting his tears on his soft lips.

No matter how hard half of me is protesting to pull away, the fearful part that Nathan implanted in me, I try to pour all of my affection for Harry into the kiss as much as I could. I can't just let him leave me so easily, I just can't.

Harry gasps, pulling away from my lips, his forehead pressed against mine. "Ryder..."

"Don't." I whisper, hitching in a deep breath.

"Baby... I just don't want you getting hurt. My brother has already hurt you enough and I can't-"

I press my lips against his to silence him once more, and this time he kisses me back as tears run down my cheeks.

"Please, I love you." I murmur, pulling away from him as tears ran down my face, a few trailing to my lips.

Harry's face scrunches up as if in pain. "I love you more than anything, but I have to do this. There are things you don't know-that you don't understand- and I can't have you suffer for it."

"Then tell me." I urge. "What are you hiding from me? What is it that I don't know about you that is torturing you so much?"

Harry shakes his head, hitching in a sharp breath before leaning his forehead against my stomach, while his fingers dig into my sides as if he is making sure I won't leave him, despite is opposing words. I am left silent by his unexpected movement, by the pain that is radiating off him, fear clearly engulfing him like fog.

As much as I want to know what Harry is hiding, as curious as I am, I don't care. I love him and that's all that should matter, the rest we can work it out together, just like everything else.

"Harry, look at me." I gently command, my hand smoothing his hair. He sniffs and obliges, looking up at me with sad and expecting, emerald eyes.

"You know what? I don't need to know what you are hiding from me. I love you, just the way you are, with your secrets, shadows and demons." I say, brushing the back of my fingers along the small stumble along his cheek.

"I don't need to know anything else. All I need to know is that you love me and I you. You are my safest place Harry. I don't want to lose you, you are my only good thing."

Harry's shoulders sag a little as he lets out a breath.

"Oh baby," he mutters, pursing his lips, while reaching up brushing a stand of my hair from my messy bun behind my ear.

"You are my home. I'm sorry, I love you." He quickly urges, while shaking his head. "I'm an idiot for even thinking of letting you go. I can't, you are my world. I promise I will do everything in my power to keep you safe."

I smile, as his arms move to wrap around me, pulling me closer to him. "I know you will."

The corner of Harry's lips pull into a smile as I lean down and press my lips to his once again and just like that all is forgiven and set back into place.

Gemma's POV

Tears well in my eyes as a smile tugs on my lips. My hand was resting over my heart while leaning against the wall as I hear Harry and Ryder fall silent, making amends.

See little bro, God has given you another chance.

Harry's POV

"Morning." I say to Gemma as I stepped into the kitchen, fully dressed.

"Hey," she smiles at me while taking out the orange juice from the refrigerator.

"Do you want some juice?" She asks as I make my way over to the cabinets to take out to porcelain mugs.

"No thank you." I reply, setting them on the counter before grabbing the hot pot from the coffee machine, pouring the warm liquid into each mug. Placing it back where it belongs, I turn back around win both mugs in each hand. I take a sip out of mine, and when my eyes flicker up Gemma is watching me with a confused expression.

"What?" I swallow and her lips pull into a smile.

"Nothing." She replies, shaking her head before turning to grab a glass out of the cabinet above the stove.

"Um, okay. Well, I'm going to go wake up Ryder." I mutter, excusing myself out of the kitchen.

Author's Note:

Hey loves! How are all of you doing?

I am so sorry for the long wait, but I just have been busy with work and getting stuff I need like laying bills and stuff but also I didn't want to update until I have a few things planned out. I didn't want to end up struggling later with trying to connect events together for the story to seem cohesive but I have so many ideas planned out and I hope you like them!

Also does anyone know how many parts a story is allowed to have? I don't want to continue writing and end up not able to finish it. If any of you know please tell me, I will very much appreciate it.

Also, please leave song suggestions below cause I am in need of new music :) Love you!!!!!! Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

791K 29.4K 97
𝐀 π’πŒπ€π‹π‹ 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? βͺ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ Β© π™΅π™Έπš…π™΄π™·πš‡πšπ™Άπšπ™΄π™΄πš…π™΄πš‚...
105K 2.9K 58
The diner was found by accident. The rain was impossible and freezing, roaring down from the sky in sideways sheets that turned the asphalt into a st...
1.8M 73.6K 71
"@Ashton5SOS is now following you" // in which a fan gets a follow from ashton and they start dming, obviously. // Book 1 in the Social Media Series.
1.3M 11.9K 200
β€’CalumHood replied to your messageβ€’ [ top ranking : #6 in CalumHood]