Falling For You In Cape May

By PagesInBetween

Different worlds, Different circumstances, Fate brought them together, But will they remain there? More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
Author's Note

NINE

6.6K 398 19
By PagesInBetween

Maine

"Totoy, stop it!" I mumbled in my sleep, he is barking. I tried to move to scratch his ear but was hindered by strong arms around me.

Hmm.

It feels good .

Shit! Arms!

I tried to slowly move to lay on my back but the strong arms pulled me in tighter.

"Not yet, five minutes." Alvin said, nuzzling the crook of my neck, sending shivers over me.

Oh dear Jesus! I am sleeping on my bed, with a man!

If my mom or Annie or Audrey, will see me now, they are probably dancing with joy.

I tried to move again, this time Alvin moved his arms to my waist, hugging me even tighter.

"Hey, I need to use the bathroom." I lied.

"Not yet, five minutes."

"I can't wait for another five minutes." I lied again.

He slowly loosen his arms but not releasing me. I lay on my back and look at him. He moved to his side and cradle his head with his hand.

"Good morning beautiful." He said smiling, giving me a glimpse of his beautiful dimpled face.

How can he be so gorgeous already? I can definitely wake up to this lovely face every morning.

"Good morning." I said, pulling the duvet up to my face, covering it.

"Hey, I want to see you. Don't cover that beautiful face."

"Did you sleep well?" I asked.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. First time in a very long time." He looked at the digital clock on the night stand, hovering above me. "Wow! It's already ten o'clock?"

"Yup, we slept for ten hours! Isn't that amazing?" I said.

"You are amazing." He said, inching his face towards me, giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"I need to go to the bathroom!" I quickly turned, before he can prevent me, and rushed to the bathroom.

I closed the bathroom door behind me and shrieked silently.

Oh. My. God!

He kissed me.

He kissed me?

He kissed me!

Well, it's really just a peck, but still his lips touched mine!

I should be mad right?

I should be mad.

But why do I feel giddy, happy, elated even.

My lip is not a virgin anymore! A man, no scratch that, a gorgeous man kissed me!

Okay Maine, calm down. Breath in, breath out.

I look at myself in the mirror and shrieked silently some more. I am definitely blushing, my cheeks are so red.

I splashed my face with cold water, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair and dabbed a gloss on my lips. Now I look presentable.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Alvin is sprawled on the bed, on his stomach. His pretty face on my pillow.

I moved to where I can see his face, and sat on the edge of the bed.

"I thought you are awake."

"I told you five minutes." He mumbled against the pillow, he moved closer to me and place his arms across my back, his hand landing on my lap.

He grinned. "You have tiny waist."

"I was in the bathroom for five minutes." I said, ignoring his waist comment.

"I love your bed, it's so comfortable."

"Come on, I'll make us breakfast." I shook his shoulders, trying to wake him up.

"Why don't you make us breakfast, while I sleep some more?" He is grinning.

Ugh! How can I resist that?

"Okay, but be downstairs in thirty minutes, I am not coming up to get you."

"Okay."

~~~~~><~~~~~

I searched the fridge and cupboards for a makings of a breakfast. Okay, I can make pancakes, eggs and bacon. I switched the coffeemaker on and started measuring flour for the pancake.

The pancakes are warming up in the heating plate. Abe Quigley's M, is softly playing on the background and bacon is frying in the pan.

I am beating the eggs when I felt hands on the side of my waist.

"Thank you for making breakfast." He whispered in my ear.

I stopped beating the eggs and turned to face him.

"You're welcome." I smiled, patting his cheek. "Coffee?" I asked.

"Yes, but I got it. You've already done too much."

He is moving around my kitchen with familiarity. I look at him. He looks good in my kitchen.

He just looks good. Period.

He took a mug from the cup board and poured himself some coffee.

"If you want some creamer, it's in the fridge." I told him.

"Yes, coffee with cream for me."

"I only have flavored creamer though, French Vanilla okay?"

"Yes, as long as its creamer."  He winked at me.

After fixing his coffee, he sat on the breakfast bar, in front of the stove. I placed the beaten egg in the pan, then a bunch of baby spinach and some cherry tomatoes.

"Do you cook a lot?" He asked, watching me cook intently.

"I love to cook, bake especially, but I haven't done it in a long time because I really don't have time. But now I think I'll be cooking a lot again." I spoon the eggs to the plate where the bacons are already placed.

"That looks good." He said, licking his lips.

"I'm all set, let's eat."

Alvin helped me with the plates and we settled ourselves on the breakfast nook. He spooned some eggs on my plate and I put four strips of bacon on his. I gave him the maple syrup for the pancakes and he gave me the creamed butter.

If somebody will look at us, we will be mistaken as a couple who's been together for a long time, our movements are synchronized. This is weird and sweet at the same time.

"This is really good Maine. Thank you!" He took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Please, this is just breakfast, wait till you see me host Thanksgiving Dinner." I smirked.

"Will I get an invite to this Thanksgiving Dinner?" He cut a piece of pancake and eat it.

"Of course you are, unless you have other plans."

He lowered his eyes, acting like he forgot something and then glanced at me, looking so crestfallen.

"Actually, you know what I forgot, I actually have plans for Thanksgiving." He corrected.

"Oh, I see." I said, sounding a little disappointed too.

I am disappointed.

"I plan to have Thanksgiving Dinner with you. Actually, it will be my first." He grinned.

"And the best actor awards goes to, Alvin." I said, mocking him.

He was taken aback by my unexpected comment. Seems like I just grazed into a touchy subject again.

"Well then Alvin, I am inviting you for Thanksgiving dinner, and I hope that you'll enjoy it." I told him, changing the subject.

"I'm sure I will."

~~~~~><~~~~~

...five weeks later

"Hey Audrey!" I shrieked, answering my phone. I am sitting on one of the wingback chairs. I got up and tried to walk pass Alvin.

"Hey you, someone's chirpy and happy." She replied.

Alvin is sitting on my couch, feet on the coffee table. He is watching a documentary about mermaids and is already at home in my home. He's been in and out of the cottage and been doing it for five weeks now. If he didn't sleep with me the night before, expect that he will be knocking on my bedroom door the next day, looking for breakfast or will try to be annoying so I will make him breakfast.

"I am always chirpy and happy." I contest. I gestured for him to remove his leg so I can pass but he shook his head and grin.

"No you are not! Anyway, I called to ask you if you are available this Saturday. I just want to make it up to you."

"This Saturday?" I nudged his leg but instead of moving it, he pulled my arm and sat me on his lap.

I look at him and rolled my eyes.

"Yes, are you free?" Audrey asked on the other end. I need to get out of his lap, I can't concentrate.

He moved his face close to mine so he can listen to my phone conversation. He shook his head, answering for me.

"Yes I am free." I told Audrey, and rolling my eyes at Alvin.

Alvin pouted and bury his face on the crook of my neck. He's been like this, always clingy and touchy. I really don't know what we are now, but we are enjoying each others company.

"That's great!"

"You know what Audrey, I am thinking, what if you and Steve come here instead? It will be a nice getaway for you both. I have available rooms in the inn."

Alvin nuzzled my neck, sending shivers through me.

"Oh I love that. What a nice idea! If Steve is not available then I'll definitely go! It's nice to lay on the beach." She beamed.

And he did it again.

"Maine? Are you still there?" I got distracted by Alvin's nuzzling that I wasn't able to answer right away.

"Uhm, yes! I'm right here! Alright, I'll see you on Saturday then, or if you want, you can come Friday night."

"Okay, I will let you know. Bye sweetie!" Audrey ended the call and I put my phone on the table.

"Who's that?  A friend?" He asked.

"Yes, that's Audrey. She's my friend way back college." I put my foot down on the floor so I can get up, but he tightened his hug.

"Not yet." He whispered.

"We're supposed to meet twice every month but she's so busy, with wedding planning and all."

"And so you invited her over?"

"Yes. I think it will be fun. I would like for you to meet her, if you want." I touched the side of his head and tickled his ears. I found out one time that he is ticklish there.

"I like that. I want to meet your friend."

"Good."

"Did you tell your friend about me?"

I look at him a little confused.

"No, not yet." I lowered my eyes, unsure of what I am going to say next.

"Why not?"

"Because, I don't know what to tell her. I don't know what we have."

"I like you, you know that." His admittance, caught me off-guard, but comforted me at the same time.

"I don't and I don't want to assume."

"Then don't assume, I like you. I really do." He repeated.

He touched my cheek, removing a few strands of my hair, off it. He nuzzled in closer to me, one arm around my neck, the other on my waist, and then he kissed me.

Just a short quick kiss.

He look at my eyes, searching my face.

And then he leaned in again, touching our lips, his mouth hard on mine.

My heart soared.

I met his kiss with equal passion. I don't want to mess up this special moment. It is finally happening to me. I have been waiting my whole life for this, for this moment, for this man. I never felt this way before, I feel like I am walking on cloud nine.

Admit it or not, I am in love with this man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

760K 49.4K 95
How does one move on from losing a loved one to loving the One? Even if the One was the reason why you lost your loved one. Such is the dilemma of Ni...
203K 12K 33
Fate sure knows how to play tricks. RJ is one of the people who go about their days without actually living. For him, he had no other reason to live...
14.7K 512 30
We all having good times ahead . This is a new beginning . I really just wish nothing bad happens anymore . Bad things start to come up . Will their...
Holocene By ~yves

Fanfiction

1.6K 78 7
Because we all deserve to feel at home, even if it's in oblivion. Prompt: She sees a house that's not a home. It's where he leaves, but he never left...