Guardians 1: Ashes

By Unipiggs

This is a new and first book I am making for my own amusement if people start reading this well that is grand... More

Chapter 1:Kalá
Chapter 2: Grand OakTree
Chapter 4: Powers
Chapter 5: Learning
Chapter 6: Taking it Easy
Chapter 7: Time
Chapter 8: Help
Chapter 9: Isolation
Chapter 10: Screams
Chapter 11: Together
Chapter 12: Answers
Chapter 13: Assumptions
Chapter 14: Mentor
Chapter 15: Home
Chapter 16: Team
Chapter 17: Healing
Chapter 18: Low Key
Chapter 19: Sketches
Chapter 20: Ideas
Chapter 21: Hide n' Seek
Chapter 22: Panic
Chapter 23: Returning
Chapter 24: Canon
Chapter 25: Silouette
Chapter 26: Skelton
Chapter 27: Debriefing
Chapter 28: Mr.Whiskers?
Chapter 29: Reveal
Chapter 30: Breakfast
Chapter 31: Faces
Chapter 32: Stripes
Chapter 33: Family
Chapter 34: Schedule
Chapter 35: The Gates
Chapter 36: Parents
Chapter 37: Golden Flowers
Chapter 38: Searching
Chapter 39: Fitting
Chapter 40: 2nd Trial
Chapter 41: Betrayal
Chapter 42: Ships
Chapter 43: Accidents
Chapter 44: Passive
Chapter 45: Gold and Dust
Chapter 46: Attire
Chapter 47: Dust
Chapter 48: Disappointment
Chapter 49: Real?
Chapter 50: Fake
Chapter 51: Wave
Chapter 52: Footprints
Chapter 53: Manipulation
Chapter 54: Night Fort
Chapter 55: Loss of Hope
Chapter 56: A Distraction
Chapter 57: Mockery
Chapter 58: Just like You
Chapter 59: Control
Chapter 60: Freedom, Hope, Calm, Anger, Love, Acception
Chapter 61: Spiritual Journey
Chapter 62: Cookie Thief
Chapter 63: Promise
Chapter 64: Trying
Chapter 65: Beast's Claw
Chapter 66: Storm
Chapter 67: Fallen Kingdom
Chapter 68: Rubble
Chapter 69: In the land of Kalá
Chapter 70: There will be More

Chapter 3: Greetings

717 16 8
By Unipiggs

Ross' POV

The 6 of us looked around at the house. The kid wearing the weird mask looped around the house with his friend. Adam and Jin examined the door. Me and Shelby watched
The masked kid and his friend came back and moved in front of everyone. They pushed the door open and walked inside.

Adam hissed at them,"What are you doing. This isn't your house... Not that you would listen anyways."   Adam then sighed and mumbled," Thief." As he walked in.

The masked kid and his friend were inside looking at a table with chairs. Jin pulled out his silver box opened it and pulled a note.    " Welcome to my home. Please sit down and wait a bit." Jin read.

He then walked to the table where the masked kid and his friend were now sitting. Jin sat down too beside them. Adam walked over and stood next to Jin. Shelby went and sat down so I did too. Adam was still standing.

"Sit down." Jin told Adam. Adam sat down then a guy came out.

" HI I'm Red." He said. "Welcome to my and now your new home." He said with a giant smile.

"Now let's start with this, say your name and anything you want them to know about you. Then when we are done everyone will rest until morning. Then I will tell your your new power."

Red took a seat at the end of the table. There was still one more seat open at the other end of the table. "Who first?" Red asked.

There was just silence then Shelby said" I'll go."

" HI I'm Shelby." She waved then pointed at me." This is my cousin Ross. I'm 15 and I really like baking but I'm terrible at it...Oh and my parents are clothes designers. " She adds.

Everyone was quite and looked around the room I started to notice it was lit up by a shandlier over the table there was a door way to my right that looked like it led to a kitchen. Stairs were in front of me behind Shelby who sat across from me. To my left was another door way. I could see couches in the there and a coffe table.

I was about to speak then Adam stood up.
" HI I'm Adam some people call me Sky. I am a guard for the lord. I left to train with him when I was about 6 and now I'm 17. This is my companion Jin. And I was hunting down someone." He glared at the masked kid.
" Before I came here and got this box." He slammed his silver box on the table with a giant grin on his face.

"Well that looks like my que." Jin said then stood up. "Hello everyone, my name is Jin. I am the Mage's apprentice so I am quite familiar with magic. I would like to know more about what we are doing here and why we were summoned. I am also 16." He said." Ross you may go" he added in.

I stood up looking very nervous. I twirled my thumbs then said," HI I'm Ross. Umm ... Shelby's cousin. And umm... I have a pet chicken... Or had one. His name was thunder muffin. Umm. My parents are well... Farmers I guess. And ye." I finished and sat back down. I straightened out my red bow tie and sat in silence.

I gazed over to where the masked kid's friend was sitting. Right next to me. The two of them seemed to be talking to each other silently. The kid next to me made a sad face while the masked one shook his head sighed then stood up.

"Hi. My name is Cory this is my best friend Nick." Nick waved at us and said "Hi." Cory continued "We didn't have anything better to do so... Why not follow the directions of a magic box giving out necklaces and notes."

"Thief." Adam yelled.

"Oh yea... I'm-" Cory tapped his mask "A well known thief or bandit. Some would even say."

" I should bring you in!" Adam yelled.

"Now wait a minute you don't want to do that." Nick stood up with a smile on his face.
" After all we are a team... Right?" He looked at Red.

" Oh yea sure." Red said.

"I'm Nick. This is my best friend Cory." He put his arm around Cory, who looked very uncomfortable." Yea Cory steals, but he brings back some pretty good stuff, ya know books snacks, jewelry, mushroom stew." He nudged Cory's shoulder.

"For the last time I don't have any mushroom stew, or soup." Cory exclaimed.

Red stood up." Okay!" He said with a clap." Now that we met everyone. Let's go to bed. Rooms will be upstairs get a free pick, you can add any of your belongings in there and have free will to change anything."

Cory and Nick immediately ran upstairs pushing each other as they ran. I stood by Shelby's side and walked carefully trying not to make a fool of my self by tripping. Adam and Jin talked and walked. By the time we got up stairs all the doors were open and Nick and Cory were in two different rooms.

"Wow they work fast. " Jin said.

"Did they already go through the rooms to see which one they wanted?" Adam asked

Me and Shelby took rooms next to each other. My room was across from Adam's, Jin's room was across from Shelby. That was on the right side of the hall. In the middle there was a bigger room that looked like another living room. There were stairs leading to another level.

To the left there was Nick's room. Closes to the living room and next to him was Cory's room. Both rooms across from them were empty with only extra beds.

I was sitting on my bed when Shelby came in.

"You okay Ross?"She asked me.

"Ye. The change is just weird." I said " I miss thunder muffin."

"If you want we can get him tomorrow?" Shelby asked.

"Ye. That would be nice... Good night." I say.

"Night." she replied closing my door.

Jin's POV

  I wake up and check on Adam. He was awake like usual. He was laying in bed arms underneath his head.
"You coming?" I asked.

"Yea why not." He replied and we checked in Ross' and Shelby's room. We woke them up and they followed us to Nick's room.

He was gone.

It was surprisingly filled with junk. There was a couple shelves. On one of the shelves there was a bucket filled with bottle caps. He had a pair of goggles, lots of books, and many potions. I went to one of the potion shelves he had and looked at one.

"The craftsman ship is amazing." I mutter to my self. There was some more stuff like food and more random metal pieces. There was one shelf that only had mushroom stew and soup on it.

"He has a weird taste in food." Shelby said.

"I bet that camera face kid stole this all for him!" Adam said angrily.

I looked up at the ceiling and saw little paper birds.

"It reminds me of Thunder Muffin!" Ross said cheerfully.

I walked out and the others followed. I went to Cory's room and creaked the door open and said,"Cory, you awake?"   No response.

I opened it fully and saw he was gone too.

"Great the two nerds are missing!" Adam said. "Now what."

I entered Cory's room and looked around. He didn't have much in there. Only some clothes throw measly on a chair, I looked at his bed, that was neat. I looked at the shelves, they were all empty.

"This is depressing." Adam said then walked out.

I looked at his desk there was a note on it the paper was burned so I couldn't really make out what it said. There looked like to be a blood stain on it.

"What happened to him?" I say out loud not knowing I did. Shelby took the paper from me looked at it then put it back down gently.

"We shouldn't be in here." Ross said.

I ignored him them walked to a door in his room. It lead to a balcony.

"Nice view." I say. "This is probably why he picked this room.Mine  has a balcony too." I state.

I looked over the edge and saw forest. I looked to the side and saw more forest. Then dirt hit my head. I looked up and there was Nick gazing down at me.

"Oh hi Jin, didn't see you there." Nick said with a big smile." Cory mind helping me down?"

Soon Cory appeared wearing his Mask as usual he grabbed Nick by the hood lowering him down slowly while I grabbed his feet.
I set him down.

"Need help?" I ask Cory.

"Nope." He says then jumped down onto the balcony railing then onto the balcony.

"Why are you in my room?" He questioned us.

"Uhhhh." I mumbled.

"We were checking on you two to see if you were awake. Why were you on the roof?" Shelby said saving my skin.

Cory glared at the three of us.

"I ask the questions when you are in my room." He said then dumped his bag on the bed. He through a couple stuff at Nick without looking at him. Nick caught it all with a giant grin. And yelled," Sweet!"

Cory then went to his closet I peaked and saw only a few outfits. He then closed the door behind himself. And handed me a book.

"Here."he said

It was my spell book. "Thank you for returning it to me." I say.

He then handed me another one.

"Where did you get this." I asked

He didn't answer just said,"Do you want it?"

I quickly grabbed it. "Do I get anything?" Ross asked.

Cory thought for a minute. Then looked at his bed. "Here." he handed Ross a glass figure of a chicken.

"You said you had a pet chicken yesterday so... I figured you must of missed it so take this." Cory said not really making eye contact. It was hard to tell anyways seeing he wore a mask.

"Wow I was just joking but thanks." Ross said with a smile looking at the glass figure.

" Isn't Cory the best." Nick said " He always gave us cool little stuff at the orph-" Nick stopped himself then looked down at the ground. "Do you happen to have any mushroom stew?" he says looking at Shelby trying to change the subject.

Shelby just smiled and said," Nope."

Cory then asked us to get out and we followed his directions. Nick was still inside with Cory. We waited for them and after 10 minutes they were out. Cory was wearing different clothes Nick was in the same ones but had his goggles on.

"That was in your room Nick how did you get them?" Shelby asked.

"Why do you think it took so long?" Cory asked." I had to get them." He stated.

We then walked down stairs.

Shelby's POV

Adam was sitting at the table stuffing his face in pancakes. Nick ran over to him grabbed two plates and sat down on the other side. While stuffing his face in pancakes Cory walked over to Nick. Then grabbed the other plate from Nick got and sat across from him. Jin took a seat in front of Adam . And grabbed some pancakes and started eating. I sat in between Cory and Jin while Ross sat in between Nick and Adam.

They all looked happy stuffing there faces.

"Mmm I haven't had pancakes in so long!" Nick said with his mouth full.

"When was the last time you had them?" I ask.

"Well when I was about 6 before my parents." Nick paused and didn't continue.
He looked at Cory who still hadn't touched his pancakes. Cory looked up realising Nick was looking at him. Nick just went back to eating. Cory pushed his Mask up a just a bit so he could eat his pancakes without the fork hitting his mask.

He smiled at him self when he ate it then continued to eat more.

I was stuffing my face realising I didn't eat dinner. Soon all the commotion had stopped and all of us were done. I picked up everyone's dishes and put them in the kitchen to be washed later.

Nick, Cory, Jin, and Adam had disappeared into the living room, while Ross was still at the dinning room. I walked in the living room and Ross followed. Adam was laying on the ground, Jin was sitting reading while Cory was laying on the couch. And Nick was  sitting upside down on the couch legs over the top. Head hanging from the bottom.

Then Red came in. "Hello everyone. Now that you are well rested and fed lets begin."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 314 24
Alana Baratheon is the eldest child between King Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister. When Alana turned 9 she was promised to Robb Stark, the eldes...
9.8K 410 32
CONTENT CONTAINS : SEXUAL CONTENT DRUG USE VIOLENCE & STRONG LANGUAGE IF YOUR EASILY TRIGGERED OR UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ!! • " The nerve! " " Wha...
218K 5.6K 56
Y/N Stark. You are the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Born in 1990, by a twenty year old Tony Stark. You don't know who your mother is...she was...
226K 10.1K 79
-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Tommy was left alone, or so he thought. His family left him, his best friend replaced him and everyone seemed to hate him. He was...