Candy Girl

By Booklover_Sara

Carrisa Gheller is sweet like candy. The girl who is the living prototype of a good girl. She studies, she's... More

Trailer + Official Cast + Growing Playlist
big reputation, big reputation
homemade dynamite
think of it as a Rick and Morty adventure
toilet paper hanging from my head
god, it's brutal out here
my v is for vendetta
just me and my makeup
i'm the bad guy, duh
all the kids are depressed
that really gave me daddy issues
car-aoke with Taylor Swift in the background
an uber-venture at midnight
saved by the perfect kiss
turn in all the shades of pink
feelings are fatal
Lizzie McGuire glitter glue gun
a little party never killed nobody

bitch, you're a meme

365K 6.6K 1.3K
By Booklover_Sara

You're not Harry Styles — Dylan
"Running around with your God Complex,
do you picture yourself when we're having sex?"

Chapter Fourteen

Serenity

It's Wednesday and the hallway is full of people whispering as I walk past. Anyone would hate being the origins of those hall-whispers, but I adored it. No one could pull a Tuesday night party, be this hangover and still look this good. My OFTD was crushing it.

"Hey," I said as I reached to Luna's locker. She was standing there with Ivy and Julien.

"Hey, girl." Luna said with a grin as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "That was a really crazy party, last night wasn't it?"

"Fuck those guys for crashing my car," Randy said angrily. "I'm gonna find out who those fuckers are and fuck them up."

"Yeah, fuck those guys," I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. Clearly, the biggest issue wasn't that Lewis Rogers tried to take advantage of a girl, but the cars of Otto Anderson's neighborhood.

"You think what they did was funny?" He asked me, but it sounded more of a warning.

"No, I just think Lewis Rogers trying to grope me while being unconscious would probably be more traumatizing than your 2001 Nissan getting some paint." Anyone would think the silence that followed afterwards was an "awkward" silence. But I considered it a "I'm-reeducating-my-mind" silence.

Luna grinned and grabbed me by the arm. "Relax, he hasn't dare to show up his face since he was cancelled in Twitter."

"Thank god," I said. "Finally, society does something right."

"Anyway," Ivy said as she pushed her hair backwards. Her eyes were clearly set into something as her eyes looked like the one's of a cat trying to catch the reflection of a flashlight. "The guy that saved you..."

"First of all, ew. Second of all, ew. Don't say "save". What am a Disney princess? I was almost conscious. Don't insult me, I've been a lot worse."

"Fine," Ivy said as she rolled her eyes. "The guy who helped you out is totally hot and sweet." I followed her eyes to where her eyesight settled. There was Sebastian pulling out his books from his locker. He looked so clean with his white shirt, dark jean jacket, and nike shoes. He looked like the type of guy my mom would want me to date. Sebastian walked as he tried to figure out his schedule. Our eyes met, unwillingly. He walked over.

"Hi Serenity," he said gently making me want to gag. "Are you doing any better now?"

I frowned, "You lost or something?"

"Actually," he said as he displayed a boyish smile. He looked slightly embarrassed. "I am lost." Somehow he sounded like he was apologizing. "I was wondering if you had science next class?"

"No," I lied dryly.

Ivy took his schedule from his hands,  she read it. "I don't have science, but I know where class 214 is, I can show you."

"Great," he said thankful. I glanced at Ivy unbelievable, she just shrugged and walked away with Sebastian. This bitch is desperate. Eyes were immediately set on Sebastian, who seemed unable to wash off his smile. Does that guy ever stop smiling?

"Why are you being so bitchy?" Julien asked confused.

"Being a bitch is my kink," Julien made a face as a sign of agreement, "I'm going to science, see you at lunch."

Annoyingly, there wasn't a single seat available, but the one next to Sebastian. I'm skipping, I thought as I made a turn and was about to head to the door.

"Where do you think you're going Gheller?" I immediately meet with Mrs. Quentin's soggy chest. Hot. I simply fake smiled and walked to the only seat available. If everyone was so obsessed on this guy, why was he sitting alone?

He got his face out of his phone, and looked at me confused as soon as I sat down. "I thought you didn't have science."

My eyes were set at the blackboard. "Oops, sorry." 

Sebastian spent most of the class taking notes and minding his own business, if he thought that just because we had a conversation, we were instantly friends. He was deeply mistaken. He clearly wanted to fit in, I had a thing for smelling social climbers.

"Miss Gheller?" Mrs. Soggy breast called me out. She knew I wasn't listening. "Could please list out the difference between a Eukaryotic and a Prokaryotic?"  Shit, this question was actually super easy, but I couldn't remember which one was the smallest of them.  I didn't even have my science book open. I tried to look for any signs in the blackboard. From the corner of my eye, I could see Sebastian pushing his notes towards my eyesight cautiously. "Eukaryotic is the largest one, its nucleus is well defined and it like posses more than one chromosome."

Mrs. flappy chest she seemed annoyed I had manage to answer her question correctly. She stayed silent and continued with the class. Get a boob job, I thought as I frowned. What was her problem?  As soon as the bell rang, I packed up my stuff in my bag. I glanced at Sebastian, "Thanks." I didn't even waited for his reaction, I just left the room. Ivy was waiting outside.

"Hey girl," I said.  

"Hey," she said with a sly smile that clearly wasn't addressed to me. I looked back, Sebastian was just leaving the room. I rolled my eyes, this bitch was desperate for a boyfriend. I walked toward the cafeteria, outside Mia was waiting. I waved at her, so tired of my friends fangirl-ing over a boy like this was some kind of k-drama.

"Hey girl," I said.

"Yo," Mia said as she grinned. "You look snatched."

"Bitch, I know, and I'm so hungover."

Mia laughed, "Good, cause you're not going to like this. Embrace yourself."

"What?"

Mia looked at me as like I was an alien. She screen her twitter feed to me, Sebastian was apparently being the hero of the hour. He was being called a yummy-sus, the acronym had been taken from the words Jesus and yummy.  They dress him up as Jesus, and even had photoshopped his face to an old medieval painting of Jesus. Mia zoomed at the middle of the photo.

"Is that my face?" I hissed as I glanced at my photoshop face in a sheep in the arms of Jesus.

"Bitch, you're a meme."

Oh my god. 

"How many retweets does that have?" I asked as I snapped her phone out of her hands.

Ottie and his boys walked over to us. My eyes opened widely as I saw Ottie laughing along with Sebastian. What the fuck. This boy was as invasive as The Weeknd's face to the Superbowl's halftime camera.

I needed to get out of here.

"Hey Serenity," He fucking dared to call me out as I passed by them. All eyes were on me. Chill, Serenity, you totally got this. If you can make teen acne trendy, there's nothing you can't pull off.  I turned to him, my biggest bad bitch energy was on full display. Some of the boys scoffed at my sight. This made my blood boil, but I kept my expression blank. A 'meh' left Evan's lips. He came for the wrong bitch.

"Evans, hopefully you were as good at making animals noises as being a wide receiver, so your butt didn't have to spend that much in the bench." I warned Evan's stupid little jokes. His friends joined with a chorus of soft chuckles and that shut him up for good. I glanced back at Sebastian with a bored expression waiting for him to speak up.

"Just wanted to ask if you were sitting with anyone at lunch."

"I wouldn't sit with your ass with even if you had VIP passes to a Harry Style's concert." I said as I rolled my eyes and walked away. This fucking guy, he thought I needed help finding people to eat in lunch with? He thought I was so kind of loser? I got school like I was snatching in my vintage True Religion. I walked at a quick pace through the hallway as some losers thought it would funny to bleat. I stopped at the sight of some random girl who wouldn't stop grinning at me. She bleat at my face. I grabbed her by the face and smashed her against the locker.

"Couldn't hear you, care to repeat it?" I said as I pressed her face further against the locker. The voices were shut down by my actions and the silence filled the hallway.  The girl complained, and tried to get a whole of my hand, but couldn't set herself free.

"I'm sorry," she said, "I'm sorry."

I finally let go of her, some of her friends came over to help her ugly-ass-forever21-jeans stand up. "Oh my god, Arielle, are you okay?" They asked.

"If anyone has anything to say, you can say it to my face," I warned. "I hear one more bleat out of any of you and I'll crush your head through the wall. Tweet that."

When I say I can take care of my myself, I mean it. No one had my back, like I did.

***

Getting home was a relief after such a long day at school. I had to ask Jules Avon to drop me home since mom was still at work. I wasn't taking to any of my friends 'till the story of me crushing Arielle's face tweets got in their feed. When I opened the door, I frowned, I heard noises in the kitchen. As I entered the house, I noticed the luggage next to the living room.

Oh, no, dad was fucking back. My dad worked as an architecture, a very ambitious architecture that had no bigger dream than building a skyscraper in New York City. But was stuck in Florida designing department stores in the Saul Flames & Co. Dad had been jobless for a while since he often tried to get into popular business labels where he could build his skyscraper. I don't know why, but they all said no to him. A very nice guy from New York offered him an average job in Ocala, which was where Saul Flames's located. He tried to move us to Ocala, Florida, but my mom refused. To mom, it was like moving from Los Angeles to the Amazones. A completely opposite continent for starters when it was just five hours away by car. Saul Flames & Co had apparently a same business family with a different name in New York, which highly persuaded my dad to stay in Florida. I guess he thought if he worked hard enough he would get promoted and moved to New York.

Dad made average money, he made enough. But mom and dad believe were rich, until pay bills arrived, of course. It just pissed me off how they could spent so much money in stuff they couldn't afford. How my mom demanded to go to Europe for vacations, and afterwards my dad and her were fighting over the bills. She could really loosen up her mouth when she was stressed. It wasn't like this at first, I didn't know why, but three years before she wasn't as aggressive as now. It was like she didn't think before she spoke, like she didn't care if she hurt with her words.

I didn't even greeted him, I went straight upstairs hoping I could avoid the awkward salutation that happened every single time he came home. It was incredible how he went from my own personal hero to a complete stranger. I remember how much I loved him when I was younger, and now, it was completely different.

"Hey, Serenity." He said as he realized I was home. He is stuffing a piece of ham and cheese in his fingers. I don't know since when I viewed my dad like some kind of rat assaulting the fridge. I guess I learned to despised him. My mom's favorite sport was to criticize him. But the thing about mom was; she loved criticizing, even her own kids.

"Mom will be here in any minute, I wouldn't be caught hanging eating without a plate."

I reach my room and honestly, a hot warm bath with my LUSH bath bombs seemed like the best idea ever. I'm in the middle of my shower when I listen to the main house door closing really strongly. That had to be mom who had just gotten back from work.

"Oh, no. You're back again?" She hissed.

Her footsteps are heavy against the wooden floor and echo all through the house. I shake my head, "Alexa! Can you play Doja Cat?" I asked her trying to mute out my parents soon to begin argument. Both of my parents voice raise up, and suddenly the volume of my music can't overcome their shouting. I feel this violent movement shaking up the house. I frown and stay still. My mom is rushing upstairs, I hear something crash against the door. I put on some clothes and rush outside my door.

"What's going on?" I shouted as I stand right behind the door. She's throwing everything she can to him. They don't listen to me, I raise my voice, but they go on. My mom's hair all over her face, my dad has his teeth clenched, he backs up. His luggage lies on the floor and his clothes are everywhere.

"I told your dad he's not putting his stuff in my room. He can go rent a hotel."

"Your room? This is my house too!"

This makes my dad furious as he rushes toward her, my mom screams in fear. She runs, but she's not quick enough. He grabs my mom aggresively by the hair.

"Dad!" I screamed, "Dad don't!" The scene follows with my dad pushing her horribly against the closet. She tries to set herself free, constantly tries to kick him furiously.

"STOP!" I begged, "Stop!" It doesn't matter how much I try. There's only shouts and cursing.  I try to think, I'm scared, I'm so scared.

"Call the police," my mom says playing the victim card. I grab a whole of my hair, desperate, confused. I think of the consequences, they probably take my dad to jail. I don't want my dad to go to jail, my dad is not a bad person. I can't think straight. I don't know what to do, my brain feels like it's been torn. What should I do? What's the right thing to do? This happened every damn time dad came home from work. I tried to keep them apart, so they wouldn't kill each other. But the moment my dad lets go of her, she aims the clock and any possible item at him.

"Mom! Stop it!" I said. He races away from her and she follows. In the process, I try to come in between them, but they are so caugh up in their fight that somehow end up sending me flying across the room. My body smashed against the floor, my hands managed to keep my face safe, I raised my head. I was a few centimeters away from the staircase. My body shook at the closeness of it, my eyes were open widely as my heart beat echoed inside my head.

My mother and dad rushed towards me, "Serenity, are you okay?" My dad asked. 

"Oh dear God! Dear fucking God Serenity, baby, I'm so sorry." My mom apologized. 

I felt my eyes being filled up with tears, my mom tried to help me out. "Don't touch me," I warned them as I stood up slowly. I walked over to my room and closed the door behind me. Like I said, no one had my back, but me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
2.4M 70.9K 37
The Bad Boys Little Fighter Two people that seem so different, but are they really? Luka Knight, the bad boy of the school. The gang leader. The one...
789 74 33
Isla Thatcher has given up everything she has ever loved: her looks, her confidence, and her passion for dance. The day a drunk driver takes her moth...
141K 3.2K 46
Carter Axel Archer. Archer. The worlds most feared word. Carter is a very dominant asshole with anger issues and this raging feeling to kill everyone...