A Cinderella Twist

By emojimojo

During the town's annual Cinderella Ball hosted by Danny's family, Danny is hoping to find the one who can sa... More

Full Summary
Chapter 2- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 3- Danny Mays
Chapter 4- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 5- Danny Mays
Chapter 6-Ashton Eaton
Chapter 7- Danny Mays
Chapter 8-Ashton Eaton
Chapter 9- Danny Mays
Chapter 10- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 11- Danny Mays
Chapter 12- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 13- Danny Mays
Chapter 14- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 15- Danny Mays
Chapter 16- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 17- Danny Mays
Chapter 18- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 19- Danny Mays
Chapter 20- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 21- Danny Mays
Chapter 22- Ashton Eaton
Chapter 23- Danny Mays
Chapter 24- Ashton Eaton
Epilogue- Narrator
A/N: Almost???
Bonus Chapter: Ashton Eaton
Christmas Bonus
COMING SOON!!
Thoughts?

Chapter 1-Danny Mays

457 16 99
By emojimojo

Alright so this chapter came a bit later than I anticipated so I apologize for that. Anyway, here it is! Hope you like it!! 

P.S- Picture of Danny Mays above. Shailene Woodley is just gorgeous. Am I right or am I right? xD

*  *  *  * 

Chapter 1- Danny Mays

"Hey Danny! How was your winter break?" asks Lindsey, one of my 'many' friends. I consider her more of a sister though than a friend since she knows more about me than anyone else would care to know.

Lindsey Banks is a platinum blonde haired girl with a short height but feisty personality. She has blue-grey eyes and a porcelain complexion. She comes from the Banks family who owns one of the largest banks in the world...no joke.

I met her when I started freshman year in high school and we hit it off pretty well. Ever since we became friends, I slowly opened up to her more and more until she became my temporary saving grace when my life problems became too much to handle on my own.

"It was okay. I mean, mom and dad were in Paris attending a conference and Christmas party there," I respond with a shrug.

"Oh, you should've told me. I would've invited you over," Lin tells me with a concerned face. I force a smile and shake my head as I look down at her. I had a good eight inches on her. She was only five feet while I was five feet and eight inches. 

"Nah. Thomas came home for Christmas and stayed till New Years so all was good. Trust me Lin," I offer with a soft smile. She stares up at me a bit longer then smiles and nods, linking her arm in mine with some difficulty because of our heights.

"Alright then. Ready to get this next semester out of the way?" asks Lin as she skips down the hallway in her heels. I laugh and toss some of my honey brown hair behind my shoulder as I begin skipping with her. We must be making a comical sight with our height difference and our not-so-lady-like actions. My mom would throw a fit if she saw me now. Too bad she wouldn't.

We get smiles and waves from students around us and we return the gesture with our own. Soon we stand in front of our shared History class and Lindsey pushes the door open. Inside are our other friends- Tiffany and Tiana, the twin nightmares. I call them the twin nightmares because under their makeup and nice clothes are devious girls who love pulling harmless pranks on everyone but their close friends...We get the worst of the pranks.

One time, when I was in the sophomore year, these two returned back home from France and when they saw me, they smirked and tackled me to the ground. I didn't know what they were doing until I stood up and tripped and fell with rubber bands on my ankles. Don't ask how they managed that because I'll never know. 

Now granted, the prank was not the worst one they accomplished but I did twist my wrist pretty badly and my ankles became swollen and dark purple. I had to go to the hospital while they apologized profoundly. 

"Hey chicas," Lindsey greets as she plumps her bum on the seat across the twins. They are identical twins with chocolate skin tones and shoulder length dark brown hair- at least Tiff is the one with the longer hair with some dark purple hi-lights. Ana has shorter hair that almost reaches her ears and has some blonde hi-lights. They both have dark brown eyes but Tiff has a small beauty mark on her right cheekbone while Ana is clear faced.

"Hey dolls. How was winter break?" they ask in unison. Lin and I chuckle under our breaths as we take our seats.

"Pretty good. Can't complain," we answer and we look at each other before laughing.

"Well, you know what they say, everyone has a twin somewhere in the world," Lin laughs and I continue to chuckle.

"Does that still apply to actual twins?" asks Ana as she shoots a disgusted look on her face towards her twin. "Because I would gladly trade my twin for another one," she adds and Tiff smacks the back of her twin's head.

"How rude can you be? At least say that when you're not in my presence," she demands and soon they are bickering at each other like little school girls who can't agree on which Disney princess is better. 

Lin and I just watch and try to stifle our laughs as much as possible...we aren't doing a very good job in case you're wondering. 

A few more minutes pass and soon the school bell rings while the History teacher shuffles inside, slamming his teacher's bag on the desk.

"Alright class. Break's over so settle down," he begins as he eyes all of us. His eyes land on me and he flashes me a smile. I smile back nervously. He always sends me those smiles and it makes me uncomfortable since it's only me who receives them.

Mr. Reys is a young teacher with short cropped sandy blonde hair but has enough piled on his head. It is slicked to the side, his usual hair do. He has light blue eyes that always seem to be twinkling with...something that I can't seem to understand. He's tall...really tall and always wears nice suits to class although he doesn't have to. It's like he's trying to impress someone.

He stares at me for a second longer before clearing his throat and breaking eye contact with me. I release the breath I didn't realize I held. That was seriously creeping me out.

"Pst. Was Mr. Reys staring at you again?" Tiff whispers in my ear. I nod and shudder a little while Tiff makes a disgusted look. "That's sick. He's freakin' twenty-eight and he's hitting on you, an eighteen year old," she adds with a wrinkle of her nose. I shudder even more.

I already know what he is doing. I just don't want to acknowledge it because it would ruin my outlook on him. Despite him keep eyeing me and sending small smiles my way, he is a great teacher but if I accept what he's doing to me, I will lose that respect of him.

"You seriously need to do something about it Danny," Ana adds from in front of me. I sigh and lift my shoulders up before letting them fall back in place.

"What can I do about it? The principle won't do anything about it unless I have proof," I tell them.

"What about your parents?" the twins ask. I stiffen a little and give them a look. They also know my situation with my parents so once they see my look, their eyes widen and they sigh. "Sorry," they mumble. I release a sigh myself and shake my head, focusing on his lecture about the Revolutionary War...as if we didn't know about that already.

"It's fine. Just...let me continue acting oblivious to his whole flirting attempts okay?" I whisper as I begin writing notes, trying to ignore his gaze on me.

Once class ends, I hightail out of the classroom knowing that if I don't, he'll ask me to stay behind like he always does.

Tiff, Ana, and Lin are by my side in a second and we walk down the hallway to our next classes. History, Dance, and English are the only classes we are in together as a group. The rest we are separate or with only one of us together.

"Hey Danny!" a voice calls out and I whirl around to see a petite girl, not as petite as Lin, but similar. Her brown hair lay in a messy bun on her head and her rectangular glasses sat perched on the bridge of her nose.

"Hi Kayla," I greet back with a smile. Soon other girls come and swarm around me and talk animatedly about their vacations and asking me a bunch of questions about my break. I give the minimum amount of information but that is enough for them. As long as I talk to them they're good and satisfied.

Soon, guys join the group and start hitting on me and my friends. They try making their vacations sound so epic but it's quite pathetic. I already know most of them stayed at home gaming or sleeping or partying.

I try pushing away from them and when I finally get out of the circle, I turn around to only crash into somebody's hard chest. I stumble backwards but the hand grabs out and holds onto my elbow before I can fall on my bum.

"T-thanks," I mumble when I look up into the deepest and darkest brown eyes I have ever seen. I cock my head to the side as I take in his appearance. He has cropped wavy brown hair that lies in a hot messy style on his head. He is tall. He towers over my 5'8'' easily. I would give him a height of 6'3'' maybe.

He has a lean but toned build if the tight black shirt he's wearing gives any indication about it. His face is sharp and his face looks to be permanently formed in a playful smirk. Around his neck are white earphones that stretch out backwards towards what I assume is his phone tucked into his stonewashed jeans' pocket.

"Watch where you're going Mays. Don't want to injure that perfect body in any way and lose your fans right?" he simply says with a small smirk and a raised brow before he lets go of my arm and walks off. I frown. Who is that?

"Danny! There you are! Come on, the warning bell just rang," Lin explains as she drags my arm towards our next class, math. I look behind me, the area where the strange guy disappeared off to. He wasn't interested like any other guy even if he knew who I was. He just helped me from falling and left. That was the first.

I shake my head to clear my mind just as we enter our classroom, seconds before the bell rang. Mrs. Lopez, our strict and uptight math teacher, comes in, her heels clicking on the ground annoyingly.

"Break's over so no more gallivanting around. We have lots to do, starting with this math test," she spits as she places a stack of paper in the front of each desk so the students there can pass them backwards. Students groan, including me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm pretty good in math. This is an AP class. But that doesn't mean I like it. It could get confusing, especially with Mrs. L always spewing out nonsense, like her dog's failed life of being unable to reproduce. How the heck does that fit into math?!

Class begins with quiet once the test starts and I sigh as I fill out the answers after solving them. At least it was an easy test...easy for me at least.

***

Classes go on and on and finally, the last bell of the day rings, dismissing us from our final period. I pack my things and rush out of there, ready to go home and chill. Alone. The usual. Oh well.

I walk out of dance class with the three other girls and we make our way to the girls locker room to switch out of our dance gear and into our usual clothes. Before I have the chance to stand in front of my locker, though, I get a call on my phone. I pull out my iPhone 6 Plus and frown when I see my mom's number. She rarely calls.

I slide my finger across the screen to answer. "Mom?" I ask instead of a normal greeting.

"Daniela, you need to come home this minute," my mom commands through the line. I hear her heels click against some marble flooring.

"Um, what's wrong? Why?" I ask as I grab my things from my locker.

"Oh for goodness sakes child. Don't question me and just move your butt home now," she snaps before hanging up. I kept a poker face look on my face as I put my phone into my yoga pants pocket.

"Hey ladies, I have to run ahead of you. I'll catch you later," I tell my friends before hiking my bag on my shoulder, not bothering changing, and pushing myself out the door just as more girls walked inside while greeting me. I gave them a curt nod before walking outside the school and down the steps. I reach into my purse and attempt to find my car keys.

I grab the keys from the bottom of my purse and unlock my silver Tesla S vehicle. I slip into the driver's seat and immediately back up and make my way out of the student parking lot just as other students descend the stairs chatting with each other.

I shook my head at their carefree attitude. Yeah, I appeared to have the perfect life but did anyone know that everyone can easily hide behind a mask with ease? That's a question I'm not sure how to answer. 

*  *  *  * 

Alright, here's chapter 1. How was it? I plan on taking it a bit slow for now just so you guys get a feel of the characters for now and kind of know who they are and whatnot :P 

Anyway, thanks for reading! Leave me votes and comments if you enjoyed it :)) 

~Moni~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.1K 31
𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐘, the 18-year-old girl who grew up with nothing. Having to work for everything. She started providin...
4.8K 393 30
COMPLETED Laura Anderson doesn't like breaking rules, she tries to be as far away as she can from danger. She's about to start Junior Year, the appea...
135K 11.4K 105
Cole Glassad couldn't care less about the upcoming palace ball meant to find a wife for the prince. Her life is down in the dangerous Sparkstone mine...
2.1M 28K 27
Clarissa thought she knew her bestfriend very well. But Her bestfriend tally was hiding a secret from her. She has a hot delinquent brother who is a...