Whilst the boyfriends away

By kaylsxo

Here, there and everywhere with work my boyfriend Charlie is rather quick to make me his last priority, and a... More

Whilst the boyfriends away
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80
81.
82.
83.
Epilogue
Sequel?

46.

126K 1.2K 54
By kaylsxo

I woke up the next morning with a head too delicate to turn, I don't know if it's a delayed hangover or the lack of sleep I've had, but the sooner it shifts the better. Stumbling across Aston's shoes as I wandered into the kitchen for two paracetamol and some juice I angrily kicked them away, it's an annoying habit of his but at least I know he slept in his own bed last night. I feel terrible, yesterday was a complete whirl wind. If having Charlie home wasn't enough to deal with, I've now got the guilt of cheating on him with Aston, and hearing about these pains and possible heart problems has made me realise a few home truths.

I sat at the breakfast bar observing Charlie lay in the same place as I left him last night, well it was gone midnight by the time we stopped talking. I couldn't bring myself to share a bed with him, I didn't want to kick him out of his own bed but he insisted he would be the one to sleep on the couch and not me. I watched as his chest rose, his stubble a couple of days old if anything is making him look twice as attractive, he always has had that typical handsome look about himself, fair hair, blue eyes, a shaped not sharp jaw line with just the one dimple on his cheek as he smiles, and now with a golden tan his features are all perfectly defined. There's definitely still attraction, but that's not what a relationship is simply about.

"Morning," Aston spoke startling me from my thoughts.

"Oh! Morning," I stuttered.

"Sorry."

"lt's okay, I just didn't see you come in."

"I didn't realise you'd be up so early."

"I could say the same thing about you."

He shrugged, "I'd sobered up by the time I got home, couldn't sleep."

"Oh."

I slid the packet of tablets across to him as he repeated my actions from moments ago, pouring himself a glass of orange juice and sitting down.

"I'm sorry about last night, but I did need some time to talk to Charlie alone."

"It doesn't matter."

"I know it's a bit awkward but there's not much I can do at the moment, it's complicated."

"Is it really?"

"Aston," I frowned.

Starting to stir on the couch Charlie stretched out rubbing his eyes with a yawn, I wouldn't mind betting he heard every word of that.

"What's the time?" he asked.

"It's only seven."

Sitting up he stretched a bit more, "I forgot how uncomfortable this couch was."

"Do you want a tea?" I offered.

"Hmm, please babe."

Jumping down from my stool I flicked on the kettle and prepared the drink in his mug. Aston still hovering beside me I could feel the tense atmosphere rising again.

"Can I trust you two not to argue whilst I'm at work?" I sighed.

"I'm going out,' Aston grunted.

"I thought you had a job?" Charlie asked.

"No."

"Well I hope when you say you're going out you mean to the job centre."

"What's it to you?" he snapped.

"You're living in my house, that's what. I never said it was rent free."

"I've got your money, alright," he snarled.

"For goodness sake guys," I moaned. "What happened to being friends? because ever since Charlie's been back you've been at each others throats."

"He's the one with the problem," Charlie shrugged.

"Aston?" I asked.

"Just get off my case," he said walking away and shutting himself in the bathroom.

"See.."

"I'm going for a shower, I have work at nine," I sighed.

Leaving his hot drink on the breakfast bar I disappeared into my bedroom for the next hour. Showering and styling my hair at the dressing table I sat and thought about how I need to sort things out, I doubt my head can take much more confusion and stress. Maybe I should talk to Aston alone, I haven't since Charlie turned up after all.

Applying some lipstick to finish I threw everything into my bag and met the boys back in the living room, Aston on his way out too.

"Are you going to be home late?" Charlie asked stopping me at the door letting Aston walk ahead.

"I don't know, why?"

"I'm gonna try get an appointment at the doctors."

"Oh."

"I just thought I'd say, I don't mean you have to come with me."

"Oh, no. It's only an appointment right?"

"Yeah, just some tests."

"Tests?"

"I'll be fine."

"Ok, well I'll see you later then."

"Yeah," he smiled. "Bye babe."

"Bye," I replied faintly.

Shutting the door behind me I made my way down the stairs and outside hoping to catch up with Aston, I called him back as he reached his car.

"I'm meeting someone," he said.

"They can wait five minutes."

"What is it?"

"Can you meet me later?"

"Why?"

"I wanted a word."

"Right."

"Don't be like that, I haven't done anything wrong?!" I frowned.

He sighed too stubborn to apologise.

"Meet me for something to eat after work, there's a lot we need to talk about. It's not as simple as you think."

"Alright, go on then."

"About half five, presso's?"

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Thank you."

"I've got to go, I'll see you later," he smiled weakly.

Watching him drive away in his car I jumped in mine and followed him out of the gates and to my office. I'm definitely not ready for eight hours behind a desk, especially knowing Kelly is working today. It was only as I walked in when I remembered our previous argument, I pray to god she doesn't know Charlie's home.

"Morning," Clare smiled.

"Morning."

"I was about to make a coffee, do you want one?"

"Mm, yes please."

"The biscuit tin has been topped up," Kelly spoke.

"Oh great."

That's just reminded me how empty my kitchen cupboards are.

"Good weekend?" I asked.

"Not bad," Clare replied, Kelly however eagerly told us her night with Simon start to finish, and when I say finish I mean how it ended under the bed sheets. I suppose that's the only reason why she's being pleasant with me again, because she wants to boast about her latest hunk. I certainly don't trust her though.

Getting stuck into the work given I kept my head down right through to lunch, instead of this headache easing it seems to be getting worse and five o'clock seems to be moving further away. Checking my phone now I've got the chance I found two messages, both from Charlie. In the first he simply told me that he has doctors appointment at three but in the second he asked me what my plans were for tonight.

'I'm meeting a friend for dinner and few drinks so I'm not sure what time i'll be home, sorry. Let me know how you get on at the doctors. X," I text back.

'Ok, have fun. Course xx.'

I didn't want to add another lie on the bottom of the list but I really do need to talk things over with Aston.

Finishing work at ten past five I scuttled off to Prezzo's unfortunately still in my uniform, it's not ideal but I don't have time to go home now, the best I can do is swap blouses to a coral chiffon one I left in my car not long ago. Thankfully its clean.

I could see Aston sitting by the window from outside.

"Hiya," I smiled sitting down.

"Hey."

"Good day?"

"Not bad, you?"

"The same I suppose."

"I've ordered us a soft drink considering we're both driving, is that alright?"

"Yeah that's fine, thank you."

"It's just a drink," he shrugged.

"I don't want things to be awkward between us Aston, we were great a few days ago," I sighed.

"It was a bit different then."

"I'm finding this as hard as you are, if not harder."

"I've been sleeping with his ex girlfriend, it's not easy being mates with him again."

"That doesn't explain why you're at each others throats."

"He's treated you like shit babe."

"I'm no saint Aston."

"Don't defend him."

"I'm the one who's cheated."

"Hold on, you were convinced he was cheating not long ago. So two guesses to who done all the talking last night."

"No, it's not like that."

"So what is it like? because ever since Charlie's came home I've been pushed aside, I know we said no strings attached but I thought we were at least friends? But then It looks like I've believed a lot of things you've told me and shouldn't have."

Ouch!

~♥️~

Charlie's been home five minutes and he's already causing problems!

Thanks for reading, and please vote for more :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 1.7K 44
In the bustling city of LA, I was a struggling graphic designer who had finally made peace with the idea of staying single for life. However, life ha...
3.7K 376 24
I got up looking at his big bulge in his shorts, I asked if I we're going to have sex "No" He said while sitting on the bed beside me "Why" I asked h...
2.3K 121 31
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
Without You By Jeem

Teen Fiction

1K 27 10
This is where I'm supposed to introduce myself as the shy, nerdy girl. Then introduce the other protagonist of the story, who's a charismatic hot guy...