Tell Me

By toaster_waffle

Sydney: I suffer from panic attacks and I have a stuttering disorder. I get seisures that I can't control. I... More

Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Chapter: 3
Chapter: 4
Chapter: 5
Chapter: 6
Chapter: 7
Chapter: 8
Chapter: 9
Chapter:10
Chapter: 11
Chapter: 12
Chapter: 14
Chapter: 15
Chapter: 16
Chapter: 17
Chapter: 18
Chapter: 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter: 13

32 4 4
By toaster_waffle

Okay thank you sooooooooo much to my commenters, you guys have literally made my day!

Josh...

Matt, Kyle, the girls and I show up to the party, slightly late. It's about twelve am and I'm ready to get drunk. This is more like the summers that were in the past. I smile at the memories.

Logan has disappeared somewhere, probably to get a drink and Matt and Kyle are in the corners of the living room messing with some girls that just showed up.

I look around and spot Aaron laughing with some guys at his bar. I walk up to them and get a beer.

"Hey what's up, haven't seen you around in a while." I said, trying to see what he's been up to.

"Hey buddy, long time no-" He gets interrupted by some blonde chick grabbing his hand and pulling him up the stairs suddenly. I just sigh as I watch them both stumble up the stairs, clearly drunk.

I down my beer and go for another one, but I hesitate when I spot a full bottle of fireball. I down a few shots of that, satisfied with the spicy taste in my mouth. I lean against the bar watching as the DJ plays some song that makes all the girls with the small, tight clothes begin to dance. I watch them start twerking and I smirk.

Finally, I find Logan sitting across the room with a drink in her hand. She meets my eyes and raises one eyebrow.

She starts to flaunt over to me, never breaking eye contact. Logan sets her drink on the table and wraps her arms around my neck. I cringe at her touch, but I ignore it, feeling the buzz of alcohol in my system.

"Do you want to head upstairs?" She slurs.

I turn my head towards her. She looks really sexy tonight, with her red, low cut crop top and short white jean shorts. My eyes roam her body and I smirk as I see her tattoo on her stomach. That just about turned me on and without giving her a reply, I pick her up and take her upstairs.

I'm kissing her and taking her shirt off even before we reach a bedroom that's not occupied and that's all I remember until the morning.

. . . . . .

That very next morning, I wake up groggily. I open my eyes to be unfamiliar with the scenery in front of me. I'm not in my bedroom. Where the hell am I? I turn my head to see Logan sleeping right next to me and I start to panic as soon as I realize that I don't have any clothes on. Shit, shit, shit.

Logan starts to wake up and I jump out of the bed like it's on fire. I quickly rush to put my shorts that were thrown on the floor. Logan opens her eyes and smiles sleepily. She starts to get out of bed, possibly to pick up where we left off last night, but I stop her before she sits up.

"No, don't do that. Put your clothes on and find a ride home." I say, mad at myself for making this big of a mistake. I throw my t-shirt on and start to leave.

"Josh," I hear her hurt voice. I feel no sympathy for her. What she did to me last year is unforgivable and yes, I do still hold a grudge.

I turn around and run a hand through my hair. "Don't count on this ever happening again." And with that, I storm out of the room. I get into my car and drive home. All I want to do is crash on my couch for the rest of the day, and that's what I end up doing.

Sydney...

Today I decide to go to the pool. I get up early, trying to avoid the questions from my parents or grandparents.

When I get to the pool, I hesitate because there is a deep end, but later realize that there is also a shallow end to the pool. I find an empty chair, which was easy since there were only a few kids here and no adults. I take off my t-shirt, revealing my bikini with my belly button ring. I don't ever go to the pool with my mom because of that stupid thing. She doesn't  know about it and I don't intend on her finding out because who knows how long she'll stick me in therapy for being "reckless" and practicing "self harm" like she did when she found out about my tattoo that I had gotten illegally.

I put on some sunscreen. I bend over to put some on my legs and I hear a whistle. I look up, startled to see a guy about my age looking at me.

I roll my eyes and sit down, not giving him any more of a show. Apparently, he took that as a lead on because before I know it, he walks through the clubhouse to sit next to me on a chair.

"Why so down blondie?" He smirks.

I choose to ignore him, put my sunglasses on, and lay back in my chair, hoping to get a tan.

The guy doesn't take the hint and clears his throat. I groan and sit up. I take a chance with my sunglasses on, to give him a once over. He has brown hair and pretty big brown eyes with a well defined jawline. He's really hot. Not as hot as Josh though. Wait, why am I thinking about him?

"What can I do to get you to talk to me, blondie?" I roll my eyes as a retort. He smirks, clearly finding my annoyance funny.

I sigh and shake my head and sit back in my chair again, hoping he'll finally take the hint and leave me alone.

He clears his throat yet again. God, this guy is persistant. Either that or annoyingly oblivious. Either way, I'm tired of his stupid game, for I was planning on having a relaxing day at the pool.

That's what probably sparked me to do my next action, "W-what d-do you want?" I say in an exasperated voice.

He seems unfazed by my speech impediment. Almost like he knew it was coming. Realizing he won the game, he smirks.

"You interest me, you know that blondie?" I scoff and move to sit on the edge of the pool. I dip my feet in the water and he follows in suit.

For some reason, I'm drawn to him and want to keep up with this conversation. "I-It's Sydney," I blurt out. For some reason, I'm drawn to talking to this guy.

He holds out his hand, "I'm Matt, like you didn't already know that," I take his hand and smile a sweet smile before I flip him in the pool, catching him off guard. I let out a bark of laughter when he comes back to the surface, sputtering water. "What the the hell did you do that for?"

"B-because y-y-our an ar-r-ogant asshole," I simply respond.

He shrugs, "You'd do anything to see me wet, wouldn't you?" He says as I take a sip from my waterbottle, making me spit it out and start coughing.

He just laughs at my reaction. "No smart-ass comment now?" He smirks and with that, he grabs my feet and pulls me into the pool. I let out a screech because the temperature is freezing. "By the way, how the hell did a little thing like you manage to flip me in the pool."

"P-practice?" I shrug.

Then I hear a scream, coming coming from one of the kids in the pool. Immediately, I turn around, worried that someone was hurt. I smile when I realize that their playing a game of chicken fight.

There is a boy and a girl, probably both around the age of fourteen on one team and two girls around the age of twelve on the other team. Matt swims up to them and I follow him cautiously.

"Can we play with you guys?" He asks.

The older girl looks at the boy and they both nod their heads in unision.

Then the boy turns to Matt, "You guys can join, but you're going down."

Matt laughs, "Oh you're on."

Before I know it, I'm on top of Matt's shoulders, fighting against a fourteen year old and a twelve year old and they're winning. This is not how I was expecting my morning to go.

After four rounds, I hear a little girl run through the clubhouse and near the pool, "Brianna, Jake, Mom wa-" She stops as she sees Matt and smiles a sweet smile. "Hi, my name's Mia."

Matt laughs and shakes her hand, "I'm Matt."

Mia looks over to the other kids, "That's Brianna, my sister and that's Abby, her friend," she points to the two twelve years olds, "And that's Jake and Riley, they're dating," She points to the two fourteen year olds.

Riley blushes a deep red and the rest of the kids say hi.

"Are you two dating?" Mia asks.

I let out a bark of laughter and Matt shakes his head no.

After a while the kids leave and it's just Matt and I. I get out of the pool to read my new book about rocks and minerals while Matt starts swimming Laps around the pool. All in all, it was a good day, I got a sunny day, avoided crowds, and met a new friend.

A/N: okay, so I know I have not written in a while and when I say a while, I mean like months which is really bad. Today, I just felt like I needed to publish something because I realized that this story has gotten over 500 reads, 63 likes, and 6 comments!!! Most of you reading this would probably think I'm stupid for being excited about this, but I'm honestly excited because it's a start. So thank you to my readers so much!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

770 48 41
He yanks my sleeve up and looks at my arm. "I thought you told me you were fine." he sighs. "Well, I lied." I roll my eyes. . . . Rose is a teenager...
183K 6.6K 54
"So what's your name?" He asks Oh so now he wants to play the game of twenty questions. Interesting! "Do you think I should tell you?" I ask "Answer...
707 255 36
A High School football player is living his best life as it is right now, and it seems like nothing can go wrong. He is the team captain on offense a...
226K 7.2K 41
Kingston Series #3 THE THIRD BOOK OF THE KINGSTON SERIES! Following his father, brother and grandfather's footsteps Trevor makes it to the NFL and l...