The Princess Within Me

By IloveAC

Sarah Watson is a student of Mayfield preparatory, a school for the rich and famous but she isn't any of thos... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 8

1.2K 41 6
By IloveAC

Sarah's P.O.V.

Both of them looked at me suspiciously and surprised at the same time. They didn't expect what I said and I think I have the right to do this because I'm the wife, not her. Not that I'm nosy and all but I just want to know Cedrick more and by this, I need to know his past so that we can manage to live in harmony which is hardly beyond reality.

I can't deny that this girl is really more suitable to be a princess than me. She has brown hair which was curled elegantly and her eyebrows were plucked neatly. She has brown eyes and she wore less make up which made her look fresh and young.

I saw in her eyes that she was quite uncomfortable with the situation we were in right now. Cedrick was also worried with what I might do to Roxanne and I felt that he was already thinking that I'm a bitch or something but like I said, I just want to know them more.

"So, I guess it's not the first time we met because I always see you in the corridors and we share some classes also." I took the initiative to start the conversation because from what I saw, both of them won't do it theirselves. Roxanne relaxed and she gave another friendly smile.

"Really? I didn't know that and I'm sorry if I didn't recognize you before." I didn't know if I should be offended but it was not her fault that I'm really unrecognizable.

"No, it's fine but I'm really glad that we finally talked. I heard from Cedrick that you're kind and sweet which was really true. Right Cedrick?" I nudged him on the elbow. I didn't know what came to me that I wanted him to feel embarrassed in front of her but I just wanted to do so.

"Right..." He reassured her bluntly. I saw her blushed and she began playing the rocks on the ground with her foot.

"You really didn't change. You're still the old corny person that I came to -" She told Cedrick while she looked like an awestruck teenager that was lost in her trance. She didn't continue to finish her statement because she remembered that I was there but all of us knew what she meant.

"It's okay" I lied but she believed in me. "I know that you still love him and Cedrick also felt the same for you. He even kept the anniversary letter that you gave him.

"I guess I should leave already to keep you two lovebirds some privacy." I gave them one last smile then I left afterwards not waiting for their response. It was hard for me to say that but I think it was needed because it was the truth. I can't make Cedrick forget her for my own good and I also didn't want to do that because it was selfish and will make him hate me. I just need to compromise with this situation were into and keep all the jealousy and pain to myself.

I'm falling for him already and I can't deny it to myself anymore. All these emotions that I felt at the moment and whenever Cedrick reveals unintentionally his true feelings were caused by one deadly and indescribable emotion; admiration.

I know that it was too fast but I already like this guy who became my source of strength even though he also became my personal bully and mood wrecker. I know that he is a despicable person but it was hard for me to hate him because I know that he was just experiencing sadness and hardship caused by the circumstances he'd been through. All I need to do is to let him feel happiness with Roxanne because I know that I can't give it to him due to a certain reason; I'm the cause of his pain.

I ran towards the hallway which was empty at the moment. I hid behind the lockers then I sat on the ground. I tucked my head on my knees then I cried. I can't prevent myself from spilling them out because they were already kept for a very long time.

I continued to do this until I saw a pair of brown leather shoes in front of me. I looked up and I saw Cedrick standing, his arms were crossed in front of his chest and he looked at me disappointedly.

He sat beside me and memories flashed in my mind. I remembered the day when we were late for school because of the mob of paparazzi who came after me. He saved me from them and because of that I discovered that he's really not that bad after all. He cared for me in his own simple ways and I knew that he did it sincerely.

"What was that for?" He asked calmly but I knew that he was already angry.

"I told her the truth, that you still love her." He now looked at me and he already revealed his anger.

"I never told you that! And I never said anything about her being sweet and kind." I let out an insolent laugh which caused him to furrow his eyebrows.

"I know but that's what your actions tell, Cedrick. Just be honest with yourself okay." I stood up and I was about to leave but he said something which made me stop.

"I didn't tell you that because I don't want you to be hurt, Sarah. I know that it's unbelievable but with the time I spent with you, I discovered that you're someone who is unique and special. You're already important to me and who knows that I might actually fall for someone like you. Someone who isn't really my type but proved to me that she's worth it." I returned my glance at him and he wasn't showing any signs of humor, everything was sincere and honest but I know it was impossible because the girl that he loves is Roxanne and no one can replace her even me.

"The letter, aren't you asking me how I found it?" I asked to change the topic.

"I already knew that you found it before because you clumsily inserted it between wrong pages. Next time, if you're going to sneak on your husband's personal life again, try to be more careful. If possible, just hire a detective so that you wouldn't be caught redhanded." He smirked and we that, he left. My heart skipped a beat and my cheeks reddened when he said 'husband'. I know that was the obvious fact but I can't resist to be happy when it came from his mouth. I didn't know what he was up to but I might as well enjoy every moment that he's with me because soon, he'll return to Roxanne and leave me alone.

* * *

I went to my second class because my first class was already over by the time I returned to the classroom.

Mr. Andrews gave me a disapproving look then he retreated. Tina ignored me like what I did to her awhile ago and I felt guilty because of that.

I ran after her and begged for her forgiveness but she just acted obliviously. She finally gave up when I said that I'll treat her for lunch and she didn't ask me the reason why I left which was relieving.

Like what I said, I went to my second class and I sat at the back of the room. I saw that Roxanne was already in front and she motioned me to sit beside her. Mindlessly, I obeyed her and sat on the vacant seat she allotted for me.

"I'm sorry for what happened awhile ago. I didn't mean to, I swear."

"Like I said, it's okay. Don't worry, I didn't take it against you." I answered.

The class went on and I didn't give any attention to what the teacher lectured about forces and stuff. I only thought about why was Roxanne acting so kind because she should be mad at me for being a disruption to their relationship.

I was lost in my thoughts until the bell finally rang. Everyone exited the room including Roxanne and I. We were silent for awhile until she finally talked.

"Do you want to join Cedrick and I for lunch?" My eyes widened when I heard that they'll be having lunch together. She must noticed my reaction because she told me that she and Cedrick's group were also friends. I remembered that both of them belonged to the popular crowd which meant that it was normal for them to hang out together.

I declined her offer because I promised Tina that I'll be paying for her lunch. She insisted at first but eventually gave up. We went to the cafeteria together then we parted ways when we saw our own set of friends, well accurately, me my friend.

I sat in front of Tina and she looked at me with glee and anticipation. We approached the counter to buy our food then when it was already my turn to pay, someone paid our meal.

I turned around and it was Cedrick. Tina giggled and when I looked at her in disbelief, she stopped.

"What are you doing?" I questioned annoyingly.

"Uhm, paying for your meal?" He replied innocently.

"But I didn't ask you to and besides I gave Tina my word that I'll be the one to pay her food."

"No, it's fine Sarah. Let Cedrick pay if he wanted to." Tina agreed with him. I glared at her then she shut her mouth.

"She's right and could you move already because many people are waiting." He said as he pointed his head to the people in the line. Some were irritated but most were giggling and blushing (mostly girls). I also glared at them and they gathered their composure. I saw Cedrick grinning and when I asked him why he said it was nothing.

Tina and I walked toward our table and when we were seated already, Cedrick took the seat beside me. Tina said that she needed to go to the library for some research so she left with the burger and juice on her hands. I know that was only her excuse to leave us and she will be dead to me.

"Since when did you began sitting here? Aren't you supposed to be seated over there?" I raised my index finger towards the popular's table who were now filled with people who belonged to that ranking including Roxanne. She looked at us and I saw something in her eyes which was unreadable. She quickly removed her glance from us to her friends. I became suspicious at first but I guess she was just sad and disappointed that Cedrick didn't sit with them.

"Since now and I can sit wherever I want so I chose here." He began digging his food, not minding my annoyance.

"So you're saying that you want to be with me?" This caught him off - guard

and he reddened. "Busted" I tried to suppress my laughter but I can't because he really looked like a tomato now.

"Of course not, don't be so full of yourself and what's wrong if I want to stay with you? At least I'm not the one who scares away somebody's admirers." It was now my turn to blush. This guy is really good with comebacks.

After eating, he stood up then he went back to his friends. I left the room and I went to my locker to grab my things for the next class.

I took the seat in front and I looked at the time. It was still ten minutes before lunch will end so I played with my phone while waiting.

The door flew open and I saw Roxanne entered the room. She waved her hand then she sat beside me.

"Hey" She greeted then she placed her books above the desk. "How many minutes are left before the third period?" I glanced at my watch to take note of the time.

"Two" I informed.

"Do you like Cedrick?" She asked out of the blue. I choked on my own breath because she was too direct with her thoughts.

"Why do you want to know?" She shrugged then she stood up from her chair then positioned herself in front of me.

"What else, because of Cedrick of course." She answered nonchalantly. "I know that you see me as a bitch right now but I can't let him go. I still love Cedrick and I know that he still does."

"So you're telling me to let him go?" She nodded in agreement. Right now, I just want to pull out her hair. How dare she to ask me do something for her own sake! "But I can't because we have a duty to perform in this country, as crown prince and crown princess." I reasoned out but deep inside was that I didn't want to gave Cedrick up.

I didn't feel like attending my class so I decided to leave. Before I can make my way towards the door, she called me out again and I looked at her with annoyance.

"If you like someone, you should know how to sacrifice; even if it will oblige you to give him up. It will be hard at first but as soon as you see the results, it will be worth it. Think about it Sarah. You might as well do what you think is right while you're still capable of doing so." I left the room without another word from the both of us.

I know what she was trying to imply with what she have said but she had a point. What if there will never be a chance for the both of us? What if giving him up is the only way to make him truly happy and satisfied? What should I do?

A/N

Sorry for the late update, I was just busy with some schoolworks and other stuffs. Don't worry, I'll try to update more.

So what do you think will Sarah do? Who will win Cedrick's heart?

Vote, comment, and fan.

- AC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 660 14
After three years' imprisonment for high treason, a jaded princess is given one last chance of freedom through an arranged marriage to a foreign prin...
2K 311 42
Aurora has never been outside her home and she barely knows how the outside world works. When Aurora joined in the participation of the royal selecti...
The Selected By SmilerXO

Historical Fiction

282K 11.9K 26
[COMPLETED] The royal palace was holding a competition choosing the most beautiful girls in the whole kingdom to compete. Their prize? Simple, they g...
26.9K 866 46
Kate Maxwell is a normal student at Harvard, or so everyone thought. Secretly, she is the Crowned Princess of Amaria, attending University in The Uni...