The Perfect Human

Від mojomystery

This book is is written in the far future were war is raging throughout the world permanently halting all inn... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 18

1 0 0
Від mojomystery

My eyes took a moment to open feeling puffy and sore. When I did manage to open them I was greeted by the bright sunshine, I groaned and turned over in the over soft bed I collapsed in last night.

"Hey I know you feel like crap right now but we gotta get up now. C'mon get up." A hand pulled me out from under the blanket, my head hurt to much to put up much fight.

"Do you want to miss breakfast? We got the best French Toast you'll ever taste right downstairs." I opened my eyes a little, Barbara was dressed and her red hair was braided in one long rope down her back. "Ok now that you're up I'll leave you to get dressed while I get you something for the hangover." I nodded still not quite ready to talk. Not even noticing her leaving I trudge over to the dresser, pull out the closest thing to my hand and put it on. My head pounds, so I sit down and rub the bridge of my nose. What did I do last night? I don't remember, but I guess it doesn't matter now. Without waiting for Barbara to return I walk out of the bedroom and down the stairs. 

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, sure I've escaped the compound. But that wasn't even part of my plan, I never even thought about leaving. What am I supposed to do know? Is everything done? Cole wouldn't try to make another me would he? Or come looking for me? That seems more logical, since even Cole doesn't really know how Adam was made they probably wouldn't take another chance making another Eve from a dying human. They have no other choice than to come after me. Great now I'm going to live on the run for the rest of my- Oh. I paused standing in the middle of the stairs as about five other women ran down the stairs to breakfast. I never really thought about what I would do after I figured this out, I have a whole life ahead of me. What should I do with it? I shook my head and continued my way down the stairs. I couldn't bode too much on these thoughts. I should just live, plans aren't needed for living. I can do this.

Down on the first floor of the farmhouse each room if full of both young and old as they talk and eat homemade biscuits, pancakes, and muffins. I looked around for anyone I recognized but no one seemed to be friendly with me. I walked up to a girl I met last night name Jules and all she did was snicker at me when I said hello. I sat down at a large table in one of the rooms and grabbed one of the muffins off a plate. No one looked at me which was completely different compared to last night. Confused I turned to a young boy next to me.

"Hey how come everyone's in a bad mood this morning?" I asked and my head throbbed, I winced.

The boy winced as well when he looked at me. "Everyone got drunk last night. So either they don't remember whatever happened last night and are pissed you're talking to them or they're having a hangover." He groaned and sipped at a glass of yellowish water.

"What's that?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Lemonade, it helps a little. You can get some in the kitchen." I nod a little and get up to go get some when i bump into someone. "Sorry, excuse me." I murmur as I pass by.

"Eve wait, here." A cold glass is handed to me and I take it, it's the lemonade I was going to get. I look up and it's Parker.

"Thanks." I took a sip of the sour sweet drink. He was staring at me again. "Do you need something?" I asked my head throbbing more.

"No. Barbara told me you had a drink last night and it didn't go well. Thought this would help." Boys, why did all of them act like this? Like I needed protection and help from nothing.

"Well I didn't need help. I'm fine." I guzzled down more of the lemonade and put the glass down on the table. "Thank you for the concern." Parker frowned at my sarcasm.

"Ok so apparently I did something to piss you off. I brought you lemonade, I didn't know it would summon the devil."

"I don't need you to do anything for me. I can take care of myself."

"No duh. Look princess, I don't care. I only gave that to you because Barbara couldn't find you. How about you stay put when people are trying to be nice." He huffed and walked away. I crossed my arms. Well I did a good job of ticking off my only friend. When I looked back to the table the boy gave a long sorrowful whistle.

"Couple fights are so stupid. He'll probably be crawling back in a couple days." He rolled his eyes and stood up and left as well. I sat down regretting my outburst. I shouldn't have assumed he was like Adam and Cole, I was just tired of being thought as something that needed protection. Even if sometimes I did, everyone gets scared but that doesn't mean I need constant care. Maybe a hug and a reassuring comment and I would be fine. So what is Parker like? He's not the overprotective type obviously, I felt myself smile at that thought. That's nice, I'll never have to worry about that happening. Then I realized I didn't know guys to be any different, I knew no other types than the overprotective kind. So what am I supposed to do to figure out Parker's type? I shook my head. I shouldn't even be worrying about that, I have more important things to think about than how to get back on Parker's friendly side. It would be nice to be there again though, I wouldn't be sitting here alone then. I huffed and put my rams on the table, resting my forehead on top of them.

"I'm just making myself lonely here aren't I?" I mumbled to myself while wallowing in my self pity. I studied the top of the table in front of my eyes, the rings in the wood were distorted and no longer had a round shape and looked like little arrows pointing to my left and right. I started thinking about why I was here. I'm supposed to save humanity, but what exactly do I need to do? Everything seems fine right now. I heard a shout and looked up. A group of people were standing around a thin rectangle with moving pictures on it. At the moment it was showing a man crumpled to the ground and bleeding, other men were standing around him wearing green and brown outfits and were beating his already defeated body with large stick like weapons. He didn't even react anymore when he was hit. Whoever shouted earlier was now sobbing and a few other people were as well. My stomach felt hollow and my palms were sweating. I walked over to the rectangle slowly, people moved for me to pass when I got close staring at me.

"W-why are those men doing that?" My voice cracked as I said it, I touched the picture gently. It was so horrible, the man on the ground stared blankly at his attackers, a mix of fear and anger still showing in them. He didn't even have a weapon to defend himself. No one answered my question.

"Why are those men doing that!" I yelled, just then the screen moved and a woman appeared, I took a step back.

"This man was attacked for speaking out his rights as a human against the Jamal army. Of course knowing the goal of this army he wouldn't have spoken out without knowing something would happen." The woman said, her eyes teared up slightly but she sniffed and they were gone. "The Jamal army will someday bring peace to the world ending all ideas of superiority among people. Someday horrors like this man," she paused a minute just staring at us. "Will be gone, and everyone will be safe." The screen suddenly went black. I looked up and the woman with gray hair I met at the door had pressed a button on the rectangle turning its screen black and making the woman and dead man disappear. Her face looked grave.

"Alright, I guess everyone is reminded of why we are hiding out. I think that's enough of being afraid for one day." She looked tired and just as much afraid as everyone else in the room. "Who turned this TV on anyway?" No one spoke up just looked at the floor, or stared at the TV. Someone spoke up above the crowd.

"No one has ever been killed before!" the person who spoke up shoved his way through the crowd, a man with a beard stood in front of the old woman. "No one told me this rebellion would go so far as to let people die! I almost would rather be one of those poor saps who have given up! I won't let my family die because of this war!" The woman's face grew hard at his words.

"People are going to die no matter what! If we let the Jamal army win, everyone dies and this thing," She points at me. "Will be in power. Or we fight and just a few of us die, and the world goes back to how it was before this mess."

 I pound my way over to the old woman, her gray hair billowed down her shoulders and her icy gaze landed on me in fury. "Neither of those choices are an option! I will not be in power ever, and the Jamal army or whatever won't win. But the world won't be how it was! We're going to make it better, stronger, so that nothing like whatever is going on now will never happen again! I won't let it!" I take a few deep breathes, pausing long enough to notice more tears coming down my face, perfect. "And no one is going to die!" The woman looked shocked and didn't speak, no one did. I wiped the tears from my face and turned toward everyone. "I am not whatever you think I am! I am me, and I don't want anyone to die, or be scared like I am. I am terrified and don't understand much, but I will do everything in my power to change myself, to change this!" I point to the TV hoping they knew I meant that man's death. "Because like everyone here, I want to live! But not by myself but with the people I love. I've met a lot of people here and already I love them. I'm not going to let them slip through my fingers. Not now, not ever. Isn't that why you joined the rebellion?" No one answered again, I felt the last bit of my spirit crumble. I looked at all of the faces of people I knew, well at least met, and tried to not cry again. A lot of people were smiling but I had no idea what that meant. My heart pounded as I waited for an answer or something other than their stares. A tall man walked out from the crowd, he looked a little familiar but I couldn't remember where I saw him.

"You're right. It is why I created the rebellion. We have a lot to talk about Eve." His dark eyes raked me up and down and a shiver crept up my spine. This was Colin, the man who kicked me in the side and broke my nose. I was afraid standing here alone. I couldn't talk to this man alone, he'll hurt me. He started to turn around to leave expecting me to follow.

"Wait." He paused raising his eyebrow at me. "I won't go without Parker." I blurted without thinking. I was to scared to remember he probably hated me now. Colin smiled.

"Of course. We'll find him on our way upstairs." And we started walking, and the staring continued. As we walked by people looked on like animals waiting for something interesting to happen.   I walked a couple feet behind him still scared that he would pounce. He was a lot stronger looking than the rest of them and had the face of someone who had been through the worst thing anyone could imagine. It made him intimidating and dangerous. I saw Parker's face in the crowd moving closer to us. He silently joined us staring straight ahead, standing between me and Colin. I stared at his back welcoming the distraction of how his muscles moved underneath the shirt. My heart calmed and I started thinking about what I just did and about what was ahead of me.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

To survive without them Від zozo101

Підліткова література

1.4K 43 24
Have you ever dreamt of a world with no adults? admit it, you thought it would be great right? no-one to tell you what to do or tell you off, but for...
214K 5.7K 34
"Oh Cmon London! It's not that bad! She's just there to help and protect you! After all there are people coming after me and I wanna make sure your o...
1.5K 31 28
"Elle, why? Are you not happy here? Am I doing something wrong...?" His voice seemed to break when he was asking that last question. "No, it's not yo...