Chapter 18

My eyes took a moment to open feeling puffy and sore. When I did manage to open them I was greeted by the bright sunshine, I groaned and turned over in the over soft bed I collapsed in last night.

"Hey I know you feel like crap right now but we gotta get up now. C'mon get up." A hand pulled me out from under the blanket, my head hurt to much to put up much fight.

"Do you want to miss breakfast? We got the best French Toast you'll ever taste right downstairs." I opened my eyes a little, Barbara was dressed and her red hair was braided in one long rope down her back. "Ok now that you're up I'll leave you to get dressed while I get you something for the hangover." I nodded still not quite ready to talk. Not even noticing her leaving I trudge over to the dresser, pull out the closest thing to my hand and put it on. My head pounds, so I sit down and rub the bridge of my nose. What did I do last night? I don't remember, but I guess it doesn't matter now. Without waiting for Barbara to return I walk out of the bedroom and down the stairs. 

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, sure I've escaped the compound. But that wasn't even part of my plan, I never even thought about leaving. What am I supposed to do know? Is everything done? Cole wouldn't try to make another me would he? Or come looking for me? That seems more logical, since even Cole doesn't really know how Adam was made they probably wouldn't take another chance making another Eve from a dying human. They have no other choice than to come after me. Great now I'm going to live on the run for the rest of my- Oh. I paused standing in the middle of the stairs as about five other women ran down the stairs to breakfast. I never really thought about what I would do after I figured this out, I have a whole life ahead of me. What should I do with it? I shook my head and continued my way down the stairs. I couldn't bode too much on these thoughts. I should just live, plans aren't needed for living. I can do this.

Down on the first floor of the farmhouse each room if full of both young and old as they talk and eat homemade biscuits, pancakes, and muffins. I looked around for anyone I recognized but no one seemed to be friendly with me. I walked up to a girl I met last night name Jules and all she did was snicker at me when I said hello. I sat down at a large table in one of the rooms and grabbed one of the muffins off a plate. No one looked at me which was completely different compared to last night. Confused I turned to a young boy next to me.

"Hey how come everyone's in a bad mood this morning?" I asked and my head throbbed, I winced.

The boy winced as well when he looked at me. "Everyone got drunk last night. So either they don't remember whatever happened last night and are pissed you're talking to them or they're having a hangover." He groaned and sipped at a glass of yellowish water.

"What's that?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Lemonade, it helps a little. You can get some in the kitchen." I nod a little and get up to go get some when i bump into someone. "Sorry, excuse me." I murmur as I pass by.

"Eve wait, here." A cold glass is handed to me and I take it, it's the lemonade I was going to get. I look up and it's Parker.

"Thanks." I took a sip of the sour sweet drink. He was staring at me again. "Do you need something?" I asked my head throbbing more.

"No. Barbara told me you had a drink last night and it didn't go well. Thought this would help." Boys, why did all of them act like this? Like I needed protection and help from nothing.

"Well I didn't need help. I'm fine." I guzzled down more of the lemonade and put the glass down on the table. "Thank you for the concern." Parker frowned at my sarcasm.

"Ok so apparently I did something to piss you off. I brought you lemonade, I didn't know it would summon the devil."

"I don't need you to do anything for me. I can take care of myself."