Two Can Play at This Game *k...

By savagejuliee

Just read the story More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
‼️READ‼️
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Readddd
Chapter 21
Read
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 24

2.3K 88 41
By savagejuliee

I threw my phone and ran right out of my house, not bothering to listen to the words my mom was screaming after me.

News flash, mom! The love of my life just woke up from a coma so see yuh later!

I sped all the way to the hospital with one thing gon my mind and that was her.

Bethany..

I get to look into her amazing and bright eyes and hear her magical voice and beautiful laugh.

Tears of mixed emotions fell down my cheeks. I was happy for her being alive and okay but I was sad for her hating me, and what could still possibly be wrong with her.

I ran into the hospital and straight to her room, determined to get there.

When I was at the entrance of her room I paused for a second.

What would I say to her? Fuck this is my fault!

I pushed aside any of my thoughts and walked right into the room, pausing when her eyes met my tear filled ones.

"Kev," she whispered.

My mouth hung open and I couldn't look away from her. She said my name. It's been so long since I've heard her voice.

"We are going to go in the hallway and talk with the doctor." Mrs. Lisa said, exiting the room with Sam and her husband.

"How are you?" I asked, closing the door.

The silence in the room was so thick it could be cut with a knife.

I paced around for a little before sitting down in the chair next to her bed.

She shrugged. "It hurts."

I bit my lip to hold my tears back. "I'm sorry." I croaked.

"For what?" She asked me in her worn out voice.

"This is all my fault. I'm such a fucking idiot. You probably hate my ass." I said, putting my head in my hands.

"It's not your fault, but you're an idiot for sure." She smiled at me. She reached her hand out and placed it in my hair, playing with my curls lightly. "I don't think I could ever hate you."

"I don't see how you couldn't." I chuckled.

"Despite all that's happened I love you. Though everything you did to me hurts I love you. Funny how I love my ex boyfriend." She said, removing her hand from my hair and squirming around for a comfortable position.

"We should get off this topic until you're healthier. Do you remember everything?" I asked her.

"Perfectly fine, which is surprising considering my blow to the head."

"I'm glad you aight ma." I said smiling at her.

••••• (A/N: comment ship names guys! 😛)

Bethany's POV:

I woke up with a headache. My stomach hurt and it was a struggle to breath.

Kev left a few hours ago, and I instantly knocked out.

Is it bad I wanted to wake up with amnesia?

I just wanted to forget everything I've been through with Kevin and start fresh. I don't wanna be miserable anymore. But I am and that's the thing. But I can't be with Kev either. It just can't happen.

•••••

A few weeks after I woke up they let me stand, and with Kev, Jordan, a few of my friends like Morgan, Aurora, Emily, and Buday, and my family watching. I did just that.

The sound of my back cracking after a few good months in a bed was awful. I was worried I just snapped my spine from just standing.

Kevin just stood in the room sorta awkwardly. It looked like he was afraid to touch me, like I would fall apart if he did.

Not saying that that isn't true.

Everyone around me knew exactly what he did to me. I could tell he was ashamed and embarrassed to be here even. The fact that he was standing around the people who were here for me when he broke me into a million pieces seemed to silence him. Not to mention, keep his distance from me.

I sighed when I made eye contact with him.

The doctor adjusted my crutches to me as my mom and Jordan held me steady. Kev remained silent and watching.

It's like we were still in this non-stop game. Him hurting me and me hurting him back. Every time he did something, I had to do it back. It's shaping both of us in a way.

It's shaping me to finally have the strength to stand after all these months in the hospital.

I looked at him and he smiled slightly at me, before looking at the ground.

I leaned on my crutches and began moving around.

"It works I guess," I laughed along with everyone else.

"Good. You'll have to start PT very soon, we will contact you for a date." The doctor smiled.

"PT? Wait Bethany has to get potty trained again??" Aurora asked looking around at all of us.

Everyone just stared at her and laughed at how slow she was.

"No haha. Its physical therapy." He responded.

"Yikes. Have fun with B."

•••••

After awhile at home, they removed my casts and though my physical therapy continued for another week, I could walk without crutches. I had to take it easy tho, considering my bones were still 'weak'.

I sat in my room contemplating all that happened to me. I thought about all I heard when I was in a coma, because all the rumors are true, you can hear everything. You just can't react. And it sucks.

As I sat in my room singing along to my radio, I saw Kev through the window.

I opened mine and said, "Hey."

He turned towards his window that was already open. "Ayeee." he walked and sat down on the floor in front of it, just like I was doing. "You're talking to me."

"I mean I had to eventually. I can't just go on and act like nothin happened between us." I said fumbling with my fingers.

He opened his mouth like he was about to say something then quickly closed it. "Do you wanna go for a walk with me?"

I thought about it for a second, then shook my head yes.

"I'll meet you outside." He said getting up and closes his window.

I did the same and headed downstairs to go outside. I grabbed my grey and white VS PinkPerfect zip hoodie limited edition and slid on my adidas slippers. It was getting pretty dark and I naturally expected we would be out late.

I stepped outside and saw him waiting at the end of my driveway: (picture of what he was wearing)

"Hey," I called out.

He looked up and smiled at me. "Thanks for coming thru."

"No problem."

We walked to the park down the street and were wondering the empty streets, the only light from the dull street lamps and shop lights in the distance.

"So I think we have some things to discuss." He said, lightly biting his lip and shoving his hands in his sweats pocket.

I nodded and looked at my feet, scared of what might be coming.

"I sorta want to start with sorry," he started. "I know that the whole car thing was my fault and-"

"Kev please shut the fuck up. That wasn't your fault. I deadass stood in the middle of the street. I had it coming." I laughed bitterly. "Don't blame it on yourself."

"Aight. I guess I should start with an explanation then."

I said nothing.

"I don't know what I was thinking." He said after a few seconds of silence. "I didn't wanna put you thru distance. I wanted to be happy living and I guess I wanted that for you too."

I nodded my head. All this gave me no happiness, only tears and hospital days.

"I can't describe the way I felt when I saw you alive. I was so happy. I'm in love with you, B. I always will be."

"Kev don't doubt for a second I don't love you." I said, stopping and messing with the dirt beneath with my feet.

"Then please, take me back. Please give me a chance. I need you." He stepped toward me and I flinched back. I had a memory of his bad boy ways and him scaring me badly. I remembered my fear and bravery towards him. But mostly fear and all the wronging he's done to me.

I took another step back.

"Bethany," he started before I interrupted.

"Don't." I said. I closed my eyes and tried to forget my reasoning behind why I was doing this. I tried forgetting the pain and my year streaked face every night and morning. I had to forget.

"Why the hell don't you trust me, Bethany? Why?" He shook his head and shouted. I flinched at his words.

"Give me a reason why I should."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Whoa Kevin actually has proper grammar in this story??! That's the first.

But YAy I updated 😛

Enjoy!

I'm writing the next chapter as you're reading this ;)

- Julie🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 802 30
▬▬▬▬ 𝘐𝘕 𝘞𝘏𝘐𝘊𝘏 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝖻𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀. - 💌: 𝗺𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘀. ❛ 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳�...
65.1K 1.5K 50
MELANIN POPPIN✨💕for my fellow black girls out there tired of hearing about blonde straight hair blue eye this is for you sis cause ik how ya feel re...
416K 9.5K 72